Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4325 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4322, Krazy wrote:Hmm while this may be a fair point, for people who were dead during the debate (i.e. ank) do you think ita possible yo have the opposite takeaway?
I'm pretty sure everyone agreed after the fact that mislynching me was dumb and town should not have done it.

Besides weak roles are supposed to target town and mastina's rebuttal to that in Undertale was "GoT was apathetic and wanted to die."
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

Ank said she wanted to set up town to win Starry Night, then die, because she thought getting paranoia mislynched was inevitable. MariaR was a good partner for that because she wouldn't be as flighty as, like, Creature ended up being, and probably jammed with her some in the PT, I believe that was part of it. MariaR would increase the chances of getting paranoia mislynched but that wouldn't matter with regards to the strategy she was planning to follow.

I have no idea where you're going with this question but there you go. MariaR understood her reasons in the first instance and remembered them better, I'm sure.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:02 am

Is mastina a doctor?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

She's a bodyguard
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:03 am

Unlimited-shot?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:03 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 4326, popsofctown wrote:Ank said she wanted to set up town to win Starry Night, then die, because she thought getting paranoia mislynched was inevitable. MariaR was a good partner for that because she wouldn't be as flighty as, like, Creature ended up being, and probably jammed with her some in the PT, I believe that was part of it. MariaR would increase the chances of getting paranoia mislynched but that wouldn't matter with regards to the strategy she was planning to follow.

I have no idea where you're going with this question but there you go. MariaR understood her reasons in the first instance and remembered them better, I'm sure.
*nod nod* You're right. Although what does that have to do with this game?
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Menalque »

She claimed bulletproof vig D1 I think and is now claiming bodyguard
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 4329, Something_Smart wrote:Unlimited-shot?
She didn't state X-shot, I'd rather she not directly address your post
"Well, I..."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3577, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3547, Titus wrote:What did mastina lie about?
It's the outrage - it rings fake.
I have never.
Ever.
So much as once.
In any fucking game.
Faked rage.

You can argue the rage isn't alignment indicative; that much is accurate. I'll rage as scum even though townrage is far more common and the type of rage is usually different.

But the rage is always fucking real because no fucking shit?

I don't fucking lie, I don't fucking fake. I play with my heart on my sleeve; that's my niche. That's my shtick. It's what I do.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:07 am

Post by Menalque »

Mastina what is your history with ank?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:07 am

Post by mastina »

(Speaking of: I'll be making an edited readslist when I'm caught up and Firebringer will be MUCH lower on it as a result because he fucking KNOWS I don't fucking fake this shit and yet him saying I did is a red fucking flag because no I fucking don't and he fucking KNOWS that no I fucking don't. Him pretending that I do is something he absolutely shouldn't be doing.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:09 am

I know none of the context, but that does sound like a scum-Firebringer thing.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:10 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3586, GreyICE wrote:I can't shake the feeling that Pops watcher of Maria was designed to catch town power roles more than it was to catch scum.
Like I said.
If pops was using the watcher to try and protect a mason, I'd have believed his logic. For obvious reasons I shouldn't really speculate on who the masons are, but I believe it's safe to say that, at least PLAUSIBLY, that Pine could at least believe MariaR is a mason.

His actual stated logic is absolute bullshit tho.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Menalque »

How would using watcher on a main help protect said mason?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:17 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 1083, Ankamius wrote:My playstyle is basically the scientific method; start with the conclusion and test it until I either disprove it or reach a point where I won't be able to anymore and need to confirm it completely via flips to continue

The goal isn't to lynch scum every day but to give myself enough information to properly narrow down who CAN be scum to put town in an unloseable situation

This is exactly how I played starry night
In post 3783, Aristophanes wrote:As I say, I quoted this one for 2 reasons. First was that I thought maybe Starty Night might have been a crumb. I checked and found nk shenanigans in that game so threw it out.
0/10

The second is what I meant earlier with the xof reasoning. Ank knows how to play and wasn't gunning for scum with this shot! They were aiming to "properly narrow down who can be scum" and got unlucky. Picking a dead null slot is a really good place to start on that front as town and scumreads both present problems, like death and redundancy. Picking xof makes so much sense and it is explained to us right here why they did so! Scientific method ftw!
In post 4326, popsofctown wrote:Ank said she wanted to set up town to win Starry Night, then die, because she thought getting paranoia mislynched was inevitable. MariaR was a good partner for that because she wouldn't be as flighty as, like, Creature ended up being, and probably jammed with her some in the PT, I believe that was part of it. MariaR would increase the chances of getting paranoia mislynched but that wouldn't matter with regards to the strategy she was planning to follow.

Well I'm thinking about and how Ari chose to interpret . My first thought was that 1083 has some things that could maybe go either way. But Ari seems to think 1083 is basically a slam dunk for it not being Mena --
In post 4242, Aristophanes wrote:This is extremely misguided and I've already said why.
Like "extremely misguided" is interesting language mostly because I've never seen Ari be this feisty before. Like, he feels a bit different here than Story Revisited, but that was long enough ago that maybe his playstyle changed. But this also is the second time Ari has started really pushing back against someone I scumread this game so I'm cautious.

In any case, what I don't get is why if Ari thinks 1083 was a kind of crumb then why would he write off Starry Night? Like if you think 1083 is a crumb, why would you write off what happened in the game? Like, Ank danced with Maria. If nothing else, given the whole point of Ari's is to assess every possible crumb target. So if Ari is going to make the point that 1083 is a crumb, direct or indirect, why would he not conclude that it was Maria, who Ank danced with in Starry Night? I'm not saying I think that's what happened, I'm just saying Ari's argument is kinda sketch in looking at 1083 and then going to "Ank wasn't gunning for scum!" without really thinking about Starry Night beyond a superficial level.

Basically I think Ari's argument here is, in terms of its content, kinda scummy. But the way he's saying it (kinda passive aggressive and outspoken) doesn't really gel with my recollection of how he plays scum. So either he's like, really certain in a very shaky hypothesis and being kinda aggressive in that certainty as town, or he's kinda open wolfing, and I'm trying to decide which.
vote conspiracy
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:19 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3600, Chickadee wrote:
In post 3383, Gamma Emerald wrote:Aren't role PMs supposed to be insanely customized or some shit? Mastina quoting hers is extremely ehhhhhhh
Mine looks like Mastina's copied role pm. Does yours not?
In post 3417, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay I guess the "personalized role PM" thing never happened
I checked Ank's flip and the role wasn't woven in the flavor in any way
But there's the fact that Mastina had that available to just change to a bodyguard role PM so I'm not convinced by usage of the role PM to prove anything
Again....does your role pm NOT follow the standard script?

My biggest thought is that DGB has a small, opportunistic ISO.
VOTE: DrippingGoofball
Really like this post btw and it increases my already large townread on Chickadee.
In post 3624, popsofctown wrote:I'm hesitant to lynch a bodyguard, but admittedly it'd take a long time for her to land her shot in a large.
Technically speaking: I did land a shot; I correctly called that Ank would die.
Which is why I called fucking bullshit because when a bodyguard correctly calls that someone will die, they should die in place of that person. I was ready to go to the dead thread fully content at having saved Ank for one more day.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 4333, mastina wrote:I have never.
Ever.
So much as once.
In any fucking game.
Faked rage.
I believe this but part of me wishes that more of your rage was faked :P

Feel like you should do yoga mastina-chan :P
vote conspiracy
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

ftr Krazy you do know it's mechanically confirmed that Ank did not hide with MariaR right?
"Well, I..."
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 4310, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4308, popsofctown wrote:Why would you suggest he read Pine's iso?
I would assume so I can gain history on what fruits were given out, and when, and why.
This^

Also because SS is a pair of fresh eyes, and might have some good insights into the people Pine mentions and how. Just because pine is scum doesn't mean we can't learn anything from him. Take everything with a grain of salt, but don't ignore him completely.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4344 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:23 am

In post 4343, Chickadee wrote:Just because pine is scum doesn't mean we can't learn anything from him.
Ecchhh. I already jumped down a rabbit hole in joining this game in the first place. I ain't jumping down another one quite yet.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4345 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 4342, popsofctown wrote:ftr Krazy you do know it's mechanically confirmed that Ank did not hide with MariaR right?
I mean, to you it is, but even if Ari believes your watch results I still don't see why he wouldn't take a look at Starry Night and at least think about what it means that she danced with Maria. Again, I'm not saying I think Ank checked Maria, I'm trying to figure out why Ari would go into 1083 specifically looking for crumbs and *not* come up with Maria lol. Like if he was just ruling it out because of your check then I would presume he would have said so because that's a deeper thought process than just ignoring how the dance works
vote conspiracy
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4346 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:23 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3631, popsofctown wrote:I think I'm never voting GreyICE this game.
He is a strong townread for what it's worth.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4347 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 4345, Krazy wrote:
In post 4342, popsofctown wrote:ftr Krazy you do know it's mechanically confirmed that Ank did not hide with MariaR right?
I mean, to you it is, but even if Ari believes your watch results I still don't see why he wouldn't take a look at Starry Night and at least think about what it means that she danced with Maria. Again, I'm not saying I think Ank checked Maria, I'm trying to figure out why Ari would go into 1083 specifically looking for crumbs and *not* come up with Maria lol. Like if he was just ruling it out because of your check then I would presume he would have said so because that's a deeper thought process than just ignoring how the dance works
I follow, it was just a ftr matter-of-fact thing, thought it was possible not to infer because sometimes I think of hider as in a weird and intangible state when they're hiding, but they would actually generate a watch result.
"Well, I..."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4348 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:29 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3666, Aristophanes wrote:Ohay a mastina wagon!
I'm down, but I'd like more info :)
VOTE: Aristophanes.
I said it yesterday will say it again today.
I was only going to vote one of Ari, Krazy, or jjh today.
And Aristophanes has earned it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:31 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3671, GreyICE wrote:
In post 3662, Aristophanes wrote:Ank crumbed Xof pretty obviously imo. Also I'm at daystart so if this has been said in the last 20 pages or if the subject has moved on then I apologize.
In post 3666, Aristophanes wrote:Ohay a mastina wagon! I'm down, but I'd like more info :)
The hider obviously hid behind Xof.
Who knows what killed them? I'm down for a mastina wagon!
COULD YOU BE SLIGHTLY MORE OBVIOUS ABOUT BEING SCUM
Vote: Aristophanes

NO
Pretty much, yes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”