Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 2.01 (unchanged)

Not Voting (7): Hectic, Spangled, NC 39, EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, YOUAREGREAT, Lil Uzi Vert

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to reach a majority. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-23 19:25:00).
Last edited by Skygazer on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1024, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 1022, NC 39 wrote:Why do you have LUV crossed out?
Hypo example. Is that all you took from the post??
No, why would you assume that?

You’re saying if it’s 1-1, we have 2 lynches to find the scum in the out slots.

I just didn’t think it necessary to repeat that.
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 1026, NC 39 wrote:
In post 1024, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 1022, NC 39 wrote:Why do you have LUV crossed out?
Hypo example. Is that all you took from the post??
No, why would you assume that?

You’re saying if it’s 1-1, we have 2 lynches to find the scum in the out slots.

I just didn’t think it necessary to repeat that.
No, I said we should lynch within the coalition.

Also, where is everyone else?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hello
Anyone got any points they want my input on?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:34 pm

In post 1028, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hello
Anyone got any points they want my input on?
Why do you think scum killed within the coalition?

What are our next steps?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

RCMA was widely townread so that seems like a reason why
I feel like that might say something about where scum us but also possibly not, my head doesn't feel super clear rn
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:49 pm

In post 1030, Gamma Emerald wrote:RCMA was widely townread so that seems like a reason why
I feel like that might say something about where scum us
but also possibly not, my head doesn't feel super clear rn
No prob. Let me know what you think some time tomorrow once things clear up.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ok will try
Can't guarantee I won't feel the same or worse
<Embrace The Void>

Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:43 am

Post by Spangled »

My lack of sleep has caught up to me. I’m sorrry, but I promise, I really promise, that tomorrow I’m going to look critically at your ISO, EP, and I’d like others (GREAT especially) to do similar, and to throw out lynchpools/readslists.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:41 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1033, Spangled wrote:My lack of sleep has caught up to me. I’m sorrry, but I promise, I really promise, that tomorrow I’m going to look critically at your ISO, EP, and I’d like others (GREAT especially) to do similar, and to throw out lynchpools/readslists.
I agree with lynching inside coalition today but since I’m strongly tr you, if scum is 1v1, which makes the most sense, it logically would have to be either Hectic or Great as the buddy.

But I think we will probably get a better idea on that, once we actually start lynching from inside the coalition. So unless anyone is claiming either a 100% BoP on either Hectic or GREAT, we should focus our energies on that.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:58 am

@NC you haven't mentioned your read of Spangled since the ~500s, so a strong TR on him came as a bit of surprise. Can you give us an updated reads list?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ok I'm in a better headspace so I'll try to get a handle on what the NK means
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Thinking for a little bit my early sense is it means scum might be in some of the middling reads outside the coalition? I recall Hectic being rather SR, Spangled was back and forth, and YAG I think was on the table for some but not really strong as anything. I think YAG is a decent push, Spangled a little less. There's also a question of who they can be scum with. I'll probably lynch in the coalition today but I'll use this logic to decide whom.
<Embrace The Void>

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:48 am

Post by Skygazer »

Prodding LUV and YOUAREGREAT
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1035, EspressoPatronum wrote:@NC you haven't mentioned your read of Spangled since the ~500s, so a strong TR on him came as a bit of surprise. Can you give us an updated reads list?
I’m kind of starting to be slightly concerned that you seem to be continually misinterpreting my posts. (And, not to beat a dead horse but it isn’t even the first time this game.) Why is that? First, I ask why LUV was crossed out in the spoiler section of your analysis and you immediately jump to, that was all I got out of it. Now, for some inexplicable reason my tr on Spangled according to you, seems to be coming out of nowhere?

When we were deciding on the coalitions, I made it extremely clear I wanted both Alchemist and Spangled in it. Do an ISO check if you dispute this.

And I would really like to seriously know what is the point of my making a readslist, when I have been making that beyond abundantly clear from gamestate to the present?

It’s almost like you’re not even reading my posts. I said: A) I it’s (most likely) 1v1: then scum outside coalition logically probably would have to be between Hectic and GREAT, because if I am seriously so off about Spangled, he’d deserve to win anyway but I really don’t believe I am.

B) Inside coalition: still not impressed with LUV but Gamma’s efforting more. I initially hardtown read you but I’ve been less and less sure when you keep misconstruing what I’ve been posting. And now you ask me for a readslist, when I’ve been practically vomiting my reads entire game? That’s actually a first for me. Never before has this been requested of me, when I’ve been blatantly clearly making reads all game.

For you to suggest my hard tr of Spangled just came out of the blue is completely ridiculous. Are you just being lazy or oblivious town here or I don’t know. I’m still leaning LUV/Gamma for the reason for coalition fail but this really isn’t helping my confidence in you.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1037, Gamma Emerald wrote:Thinking for a little bit my early sense is it means scum might be in some of the middling reads outside the coalition? I recall Hectic being rather SR, Spangled was back and forth, and YAG I think was on the table for some but not really strong as anything. I think YAG is a decent push, Spangled a little less. There's also a question of who they can be scum with. I'll probably lynch in the coalition today but I'll use this logic to decide whom.
With RC being so wrong about Alchemist, it’s only strengthened my already strong tr on Spangled. Had Alchemist actually flipped scum, I would be a lot more likely to reconsider that slot but I’m going to go with my gut, like I wish I had done with Alchemist and rn, my gut is telling me he’s probably town and only way I’d even consider Spangled attp is if we get to LYLO and Hectic and GREAT have both flipped town.

If anyone thinks I’m not seeing something wrt to Spangled, let me know but I feel pretty good about this read.

Remember SC 2, I had Taly as a hard gut townlock and therefore also tr Creature because of it? Nobody listened to me because I couldn’t explain it but I just knew, like I knew Maria was 99.9999% flipping town in DnD. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get anyone to listen to me because I suck at the whole charisma thing. And I unfortunately tend to doubt myself when extremely confident players like RC are 100% convinced of their reads. I do sometimes have bad reads but rarely when they’re gutbased. I’m still mad at myself that I ignored my strong town gutread on Alchemist. I’m not making that mistake again, especially not in this game.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 860, NC 39 wrote:
In post 663, NC 39 wrote:
In post 657, Hectic wrote:HURT: ALL
HEAL: Hectic, NC 39, Espresso, LUV, RCMA
will sub myself out for Gamma if required
What are you doing?
Why not
Alchemist or
Spangled?
@Espresso
Once again: @Espresso. Is RC’s selective amnesia catching or what?

Yes, you’re probably going to think I reacted strongly but I tend to get somewhat irritated when It’s clear to me I’ve made something blatantly obvious and continue to be questioned on it.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1038, Skygazer wrote:
This is really getting super annoying. If either of you guys are town here, your being afk so often is super antitown. Like why did you guys even sign up for this? It’s getting beyond ridiculous that Sky has to continue to prod the two of you repeatedly.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Hi.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Post by Spangled »

Uh... up to share some insights into the gamestate with us, LUV? Any, uh, reads to throw out, perchance?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 1042, NC 39 wrote:
In post 1038, Skygazer wrote:
This is really getting super annoying. If either of you guys are town here, your being afk so often is super antitown. Like why did you guys even sign up for this? It’s getting beyond ridiculous that Sky has to continue to prod the two of you repeatedly.
I think GREAT has siteflaked, unfortunately. No activity anywhere since the 15th.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

All I have so far is EP’s thoughts on the night kill feel super fake to me.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1019, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 1016, NC 39 wrote:
In post 1013, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 1012, NC 39 wrote:I think the fact that scum decided to kill within the coalition is pretty telling.
Telling of what?
Maybe I’m wrong and it’s WIFOM and RCMA was pretty townie but I nevertheless find it interesting that first scum kill was inside the coalition, don’t you?
Yes. I find it very interesting because RCMA was a sub-optimal kill target imo.
Well, I never got this post. Wasn’t almost everyone tr that slot?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:17 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 1046, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:All I have so far is EP’s thoughts on the night kill feel super fake to me.
I didn’t really feel that; what makes you say that?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:54 am

Post by Spangled »

Spoiler: PROMISED THOUGHTS ON EP
Early game: good; stuff like and and and .
Lots of it... seems very surface level? But early game that’s all you can do, really.

Lots of questions.

: I like the reconsideration but it’s kind of when other people were starting to re-townread me I think, so ??

Tone still a bit weird, but if no one else is seeing that it’s probably not worth anything...?

Uh... progression on Gamma is... almost nonexistent? Despite voting them near EoD1. I don’t like how it happens; it’s a consensus that’s built and he just accepts it as status quo; no apparent thought process just ‘others have called this person maybe-not-town; that seems like a good lynch to make’. I don’t like it.
is weird; it amounts to — ‘two people who are low in coalition, and getting a flip from this one, the lower one will help me make another read...’ just... what?

Scum pairings post () is weird; I find it strange that there are only 3 likely pairings kind of?
He also puts a lot of weight on ‘scum will want to make sure it’s 1-in-1-out’; I’m really not sure that scum were explicitly aiming for that; there’s all kinds of WIFOM-traps to fall into there and so I think that a good deal of this analysis is worthless.

Maybe argument with RC is +townpoints but... I can see that as fakeable, probably?

Uh... I hold by my statement that you’ve dropped off in content, if not in tone; early game there was lots of good stuff going on but lately... mostly by-and-large pointless arguments, honestly.

I’ll probably revisit these thoughts and I
need
people to talk to me about them, but for now, here they are. Still not so sure what my read is; I need people to talk to me. I need it so much you would not believe; sorting EP properly will be critical to win this.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”