Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:49 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1530, Hoptic wrote:
In post 1529, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1525, Hoptic wrote:Everyone should continue expressing their preffered lynch btw, this will be useful post flip.
Also so Hoptic can mock you. That's an important thing for him to do apparently.
What do you mean, my good fellow Haunted Village mafiascum game player, PenguinPower?

-Hectic
In post 1531, Hoptic wrote:Oh, the half-dead thing? Am being honest, am actually half-dead, it's way too late right now.

-Hectic
The first time I read it, I got the impression that Hoptic was apologizing for the ^ """humor""", but 1524 still held. At the very least I couldn't find any humor to apologize for in 1524 :igmeou:
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 1648, Vorkuta wrote:
@hoptic

While trying to get my chronology straight, I stumbled upon this gem
In post 1524, Hoptic wrote:I'm kind of half-dead right now, but can we please lynch PenguinPower already? No idea why that wagon never formed honestly.

Like he's been very towny all game... almost
too
towny.
Has anyone else noticed how there haven't been many reasons to suspect him this game?
Well, I have, and this makes me very suspicious that he's a mafia who's just decided to do towny things this game to make everyone think he's town.
But actually he's mafia.

I think he's fooled most people in this game, but I see right through him like a rolecop on a doctor.

Anyone else up for this?

-Hectic
That you're not following up on.
The fact that you corrected norskie's list and omitted the ^ read is slightly suspicious and demonstrates that you.... dropped the ^ concerns.

Like I'll just come out and say it- this feels like you're throwing shade to see what sticks and if you have a shot and "mis"lynching OG-PP. I don't like my townblock being attacked like this so.....
If you'd
pay attention to the signing of the posts
(we're not doing this for fun you know) then you'd notice that post came from Hectic and I've only ever said I townread Penguin. The correction of Nors' list cam from me (Hopkirk).

Don't buy that you really think that's a post coming from someone trying to lynch Penguin. Nobody scumread Penguin. If Hectic was going for a lynch there there's many better targets to test out.

I'm fairly sure Hectic was joking about that like PP pointed out. I'll ask him to make sure. I still townread Penguin.

-Hop
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Hoptic »

Unstuck is probably scum here too. Don't like his Tris/RC trajectories. Hey Unstuck, why aren't you doing anything to push RC?

-Hop
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:52 am

Post by Unstuck in Time »

In post 1652, Hoptic wrote:Unstuck is probably scum here too. Don't like his Tris/RC trajectories. Hey Unstuck, why aren't you doing anything to push RC?

-Hop
If Beta was vigged then my scumread of RCE does not make any sense at all.

TL
Hydra of TemporalLich and Billy Pilgrim
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:54 am

Post by Platinum Phoenix »

In post 1653, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 1652, Hoptic wrote:Unstuck is probably scum here too. Don't like his Tris/RC trajectories. Hey Unstuck, why aren't you doing anything to push RC?

-Hop

TL
Do you think Beta was vigged?
- Phoenix
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:54 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I doubt Beta was vigged.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:55 am

I also doubt Beta was vigged, that would be a stupid move
-Phoenix
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:58 am

Post by Something_Smart »

That doesn't rule out many players in this game. That's not why I think that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:02 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm pretty sure Beta wasn't vigged. As i went over in post .
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:03 am

Post by Hoptic »

I'm working under the assumption that Ben was vigged.
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:04 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 1659, Hoptic wrote:I'm working under the assumption that Ben was vigged.
-Hop
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:14 am

In post 1659, Hoptic wrote:I'm working under the assumption that Ben was vigged.
Why? For what purpose?
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:14 am

- Phoenix
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:18 am

Post by Hoptic »

I'm not sure if you read that right?
Because lots of people scumread Ben and few-none scumread BP.

-Hop
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:19 am

In post 1663, Hoptic wrote:I'm not sure if you read that right?
I did not read that right
- Phoenix
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:29 am

Beta nightkill implicates RCE scum. A spicy nightkill indeed, but Beta was trying to pocket RCE.

TL
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:35 am

If RCE is somehow still town, then my next guess of who would nightkill Beta would either be the dreaded Phoenix... or Gamma Emerald (who I TR)

TL
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:39 am

In post 1653, Unstuck in Time wrote:

-Hop
In post 1665, Unstuck in Time wrote:Beta nightkill implicates RCE scum. A spicy nightkill indeed, but Beta was trying to pocket RCE.
In post 1666, Unstuck in Time wrote:If RCE is somehow still town, then my next guess of who would nightkill Beta would either be the dreaded Phoenix... or Gamma Emerald (who I TR)
I'm sorry but I don't get the point of any of these posts. The first one is you implying beta was killed by scum. The second you point out the obvious but then talk very briefly about pocketing. The third one can come from scum you trying to set up future mislynches.

Can you expand of the pocket and explain the implications that has on your RCE read
- Phoenix
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:42 am

Beta's interaction with RCE was... weird. Beta flipped town but skimming Beta's ISO seems like weak pocketing RCE. This strengthens the chance of RCE being scum regardless.

If RCE turned out to be town, PlatPhoenix is the next obvious choice for who killed Beta, while Gamma Emerald is the non-obvious but interesting choice.

TL
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 am

My Hydra has serious head disagreement and our PT is not really active. I apologize for that to everyone in this game. If we need to die then I can accept that.

I don't think Beta was vigged, I think Beta was the scum kill. I think Ben was vigged, and I don't understand why fakePP is playing both sides here. In 1656 he says he doubts Beta was vigged because that would be a stupid move, but then in 1661 he asks hoptic why he's operating under the only plausible assumption left if you think that Beta wasn't the vig kill. What, does scum have two night kills in this game? No. Also there's no serial killer. What else is left? Ben was vigged. And the why and for what purpose would be to try and get some information from scum's NK.

I get why some people can have some concerns about my slot.
Early facts:
Spoiler:
TL came in and missed the fact that Ben was dead, which was weird. Which is particularly odd because one of the first posts in the day (which was by Norskie at 1564) broke down who the two night kills were voting (we're gonna come back here later because my slot is being misrepped). Then S_S snarkily points out that TL missed that Ben was dead, and TL makes another post at 1571 continuing to build off the reasoning about a NaCL flip determining whether Ben is town or scum. Then PP comes in with the jokes, then quotes the flip. Then TL admits he missed the flip at 1574 then makes the post that fake PP is citing as a clear scum claim "why would scum kill Beta of all things?". Then says that a Beta scum NK means RC is scum.

I don't know that I agree. Then TL got into a spat with Norskie about the WIFOM element of the NK. RC puts up a defense of himself for the NK.

Then Vork cases us on the EOD voting pattern. Though i dont understand why he thinks the beginning of day stuff was fake.

Then PP comes out with 1585:
Spoiler:
In post 1585, Platinum Phoenix wrote:Ben was the more likely vig kill. Beta was probably partly killed for the WIFOM around their reads, be them correct or not. From that either UiT or RCE are scum. RCE if the kill was because of the read, UiT if it was to get us to lynch RCE. I more inclined to think the latter because of 1574. We only had one post about the beta death from Nor then UiT gives the classic mafia post of "oh no why did they die?" and brings up the fact RCE was scum read by beta.
VOTE: UiT
I this is scum, NaCl probably is too. If town, RCE if prolly scum.
- Phoenix

Now, this sets up the next two lynches for them. First they choose my slot because TL wrote "oh no why did they die.". Then when I flip town, he lines up RCE next. Now either fakePP is scum and RCE is town, or fakePP is town which doesn't require a conclusion about RCE.

My concern about this post is this. Norskie was the first to point out the Beta scumread of RC. Then TL pointed out BS's read and said that it got them killed. FakePP built the exact same point into his post but said that because TL pointed it out we're scum. He says either BS was killed because of their reads ergo RC is scum (which is literally what TL had said when they weighed in) or BS was killed to set up RC ergo my slot is scum. Um. . . Why my slot? Why not Norskie who pointed the reads out first? Why not you for now doing the same thing. The WIFOM is out there. I don't know that it was the strongest reason to scumread RCE, but it's definitely there.

And Hoptic, maybe I should be seeing RC as scummy, but I actually think the way that post played out that fakePP killed BS to have someone talk about BS's reads, because they weren't exactly subtle, then jump on someone that did that and then turn onto RC the next day. That literally gets them their needed two mis-lynches if successful. So I am giving RC the benefit of the way that fakePP are playing them. Maybe I'm being misled, but I'd rather push this slot.

Why are you trying to push RC so hard Hoptic?
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 am

In post 1669, Unstuck in Time wrote:My Hydra has serious head disagreement and our PT is not really active. I apologize for that to everyone in this game. If we need to die then I can accept that.

I don't think Beta was vigged, I think Beta was the scum kill. I think Ben was vigged, and I don't understand why fakePP is playing both sides here. In 1656 he says he doubts Beta was vigged because that would be a stupid move, but then in 1661 he asks hoptic why he's operating under the only plausible assumption left if you think that Beta wasn't the vig kill. What, does scum have two night kills in this game? No. Also there's no serial killer. What else is left? Ben was vigged. And the why and for what purpose would be to try and get some information from scum's NK.

I get why some people can have some concerns about my slot.
Early facts:
Spoiler:
TL came in and missed the fact that Ben was dead, which was weird. Which is particularly odd because one of the first posts in the day (which was by Norskie at 1564) broke down who the two night kills were voting (we're gonna come back here later because my slot is being misrepped). Then S_S snarkily points out that TL missed that Ben was dead, and TL makes another post at 1571 continuing to build off the reasoning about a NaCL flip determining whether Ben is town or scum. Then PP comes in with the jokes, then quotes the flip. Then TL admits he missed the flip at 1574 then makes the post that fake PP is citing as a clear scum claim "why would scum kill Beta of all things?". Then says that a Beta scum NK means RC is scum.

I don't know that I agree. Then TL got into a spat with Norskie about the WIFOM element of the NK. RC puts up a defense of himself for the NK.

Then Vork cases us on the EOD voting pattern. Though i dont understand why he thinks the beginning of day stuff was fake.

Then PP comes out with 1585:
Spoiler:
In post 1585, Platinum Phoenix wrote:Ben was the more likely vig kill. Beta was probably partly killed for the WIFOM around their reads, be them correct or not. From that either UiT or RCE are scum. RCE if the kill was because of the read, UiT if it was to get us to lynch RCE. I more inclined to think the latter because of 1574. We only had one post about the beta death from Nor then UiT gives the classic mafia post of "oh no why did they die?" and brings up the fact RCE was scum read by beta.
I this is scum, NaCl probably is too. If town, RCE if prolly scum.
- Phoenix

Now, this sets up the next two lynches for them. First they choose my slot because TL wrote "oh no why did they die.". Then when I flip town, he lines up RCE next. Now either fakePP is scum and RCE is town, or fakePP is town which doesn't require a conclusion about RCE.

My concern about this post is this. Norskie was the first to point out the Beta scumread of RC. Then TL pointed out BS's read and said that it got them killed. FakePP built the exact same point into his post but said that because TL pointed it out we're scum. He says either BS was killed because of their reads ergo RC is scum (which is literally what TL had said when they weighed in) or BS was killed to set up RC ergo my slot is scum. Um. . . Why my slot? Why not Norskie who pointed the reads out first? Why not you for now doing the same thing. The WIFOM is out there. I don't know that it was the strongest reason to scumread RCE, but it's definitely there.

And Hoptic, maybe I should be seeing RC as scummy, but I actually think the way that post played out that fakePP killed BS to have someone talk about BS's reads, because they weren't exactly subtle, then jump on someone that did that and then turn onto RC the next day. That literally gets them their needed two mis-lynches if successful. So I am giving RC the benefit of the way that fakePP are playing them. Maybe I'm being misled, but I'd rather push this slot.

Why are you trying to push RC so hard Hoptic?
Sorry, this was BP
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:57 am

In post 1657, Something_Smart wrote:That doesn't rule out many players in this game. That's not why I think that.

Oooh, sick burn.

BP
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:57 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1646, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1638, NorwegianboyEE wrote:handy chart
High effort, 10/10, why is my color so close to fakePP
In post 1643, RCEnigma wrote:Town!Vorkuta would put more stuck in my reads
Oh you have reads this game?
/s

And no- I'm not shading you.
You're just so completely passive and don't leave a strong and.... commanding impression that I'm used to from town!RCE (brought up 50 times and idk about what S_S has said about it), so your reads just don't.... register for me to shade them.

But fine- I'll play. Kindly point out where I've allegedly slighted you.
Shading my Menalque scumread when I pointed out it was only that half, but I had expressed that view from menals first few posts. The way you framed it made it seem like a groupthink read.

The whole thing about the jazz comparison ofhrz was asking about which I feel was a miscommunication on your part or that you aren't putting my posts into context and skewing them intentionally more similar to EICN.

Like it feels like you have to do something to shake my read, the way you did so in EICN was to just talk louder and hope I didn't have the clout.

This goes hand in hand with the 'RCE town leader' idea you're pushing because EICN was the last game we played together and being vocal day one got me run up nearly to a lynch, I had to claim vig and people still wanted my head. So again you're generalizing and throwing out vague adjectives to push your narrative.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:05 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1564, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Benhalkum voted for Tris. (Both are town. Benhalkum voted to lynch a townie)
Beta Sapphire voted for RCEnigma. (Only one of the two are confirmed town. Unknown what alignment RCE has)
Trying to analyze who the mafia would target of the two, i'm pretty sure it's unlikely to be Benhalkum, he was scumread by many people and might very well have become a day 2 mislynch. So i think it's more likely the mafia targeted Beta Sapphire to either relieve pressure on RCEnigma or make him seem more suspicious. RCE did claim he thought Beta Sapphire seemed suspicious, (as well as me, so this makes me look more suspicious now) so maybe the mafia is trying to encourage us voting RCE? Though RCE could indeed be scum as well.
I'll have to analyze some more ISO's before i decide my next vote, since I've received a clear message from these results that my day 1 reads sucked.
In post 1574, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 1573, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1557, Baezu wrote:benhalkum has died! he was a [Vanilla Townie]
wow I forgot the flip.

yeah I'm guessing that was the vig shot as opposed to the mafia NK.

but why would scum nightkill Beta Sapphire of all things?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

idk speculate on this if you want, but a beta kill means RCE is likely scum.

TL
The difference here is the conclusion.where Norwegian is throwing out the possibility of both sides as a baseline TL just kind of drops it on me and waits for reactions.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:17 am

Post by RCEnigma »

My issue is the way you backed off the read the moment that Plat challenged it or called you out on it. It comes off as appeasement and there isn't much incentive for town to favor the opinion of an objectively scummy slot over their own. But there is for scum trying to stick with the general consensus.

Return to “Completed Open Games”