Newbie 1955 - wikihow mafia [game over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 45, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 43, cyrus62 wrote:so this is diffent doc when i was scum and pointing fingers you came at me , you however were town in that game , when you were scum in are 1st game you kinda played this way.
will have to study you closer however i want to say town this time.
still emps is most likely town as well since this is how he played in are last town game together. so thats maybe 4 out of 9 shorted ofc im addeding my self.
if you look close i am saying i want to say hes town this time . however rule of thumb saids judging by how many times doc has rolled town and the fact hes only been scum once, so chances are he would roll scum again at some point yet i cant say thats for sure.
Retreading the same point but

-townreading someone after saying this behaviour is scummy
-townreading someone on flimsy reasoning
-not committing to that townread

off to a great start
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 54, emps wrote:mackenie seems kinda paranoid for rvs/early game stuff

think theyre town.
Doubt that. What he said to robb seems more like shading him than making a point against him. Besides no ones getting lynched when not even everyone has posted. I'm leaning scum on him but im on page 3 so whatever
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 63, Robbnva wrote:
In post 61, Mackenie wrote:Just trying to get some convo outta u. Dont even know what shading is. I could put him to L-1 if we are fishing and i have a minor scum read but dont wanna risk early hammer. My read on u is now leaning town as i dont see that vote as something mafia would do.

Just seen ur other post, rvs on L-2 seems unlikey but what do know.
Bullshit. If you wanted to have a conversation with me, you’d have a conversation with me.
Good. We're dealing with this then. The more robb posts the scummier he will look. Still dont know how to read this guy
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 75, Robbnva wrote:
In post 67, cyrus62 wrote:well lts see scum could be in mack,rob or doc so 3 scum leans emps is town . dyrenz null and then you have others not posting hardly at all. however . rob why the vote even if its rvs why didnt you vote in your 1st post or 2nd . you wait till after some one else votes me?
Please explain all your reads.

Cause I usually don’t vote with my first couple of posts. Majority of the time I just do nothing until there’s something to be done.
Whats different this time
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:31 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 578, Donempire wrote:Whats different this time
Uh. Read my next post
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:35 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 577, Donempire wrote:Still dont know how to read this guy
You can’t read me. Somebody already tried to explain the difference between my town and scum game and maybe their right, but idk. Once you finish reading you’ll see that I was the only person doing anything day 1. The only problem was Cyrus was actually town which I still can’t believe.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:31 am

Post by Donempire »

And you're proud of the fact that you get misread and lynched?
And no, if all you're doing is insulting other people and then dying you're not the only one doing something.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:32 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 79, Robbnva wrote:
In post 77, cyrus62 wrote:my read on doctor is solely on the idea that you can only roll town so many times before you scum
See that bad reasoning. It’s actually what pinged me.
So you say you dont do something unless it needs to be done.
What exactly have you "done" by placing a naked vote on a player infamous for his playstyle? Especially seeing as the justification is very weak
Formerly Dongempire
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:57 am

Post by Mackenie »

Thats how rob plays whatever his alignment, targeting a player early until and keep going at them. That's why he says hes hard to read but also why i dont like his play as a townie
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:41 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 581, Donempire wrote:And you're proud of the fact that you get misread and lynched?
And no, if all you're doing is insulting other people and then dying you're not the only one doing something.
1. I rarely get misread and lynched but when I do, that’s part of the game. Why would I get mad about it?
2. I don’t mean to insult, if people tried harder I wouldn’t get angry at them.

Question. You ever watched Rudy?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:54 am

Post by Donempire »

Nope. Whats it about?
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:01 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 582, Donempire wrote:
In post 77, cyrus62 wrote:my read on doctor is solely on the idea that you can only roll town so many times before you scum
What exactly have you "done" by placing a naked vote on a player infamous for his playstyle? Especially seeing as the justification is very weak
I don’t think I really need to explain how the game of mafia works so this question is stupid. Cyrus hasn’t been around long enough to be infamous for his play style. I’m infamous for my play style. Titus is infamous, radiant cowbells, boonskiies, etc are all famous for their play style. Cyrus isn’t.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:05 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 585, Donempire wrote:Nope. Whats it about?
It’s a great movie. Guy who all he ever wanted was to play for Notre Dame despite being too small, didn’t have the grades. He eventually makes his way on the team and he annoys the other players cause he tries too hard. He makes everyone else look bad cause he gives 110%.

That’s me in almost ever game I play. I give it my all. I try my hardest to win. I annoy others cause they don’t. I get mad at others cause they don’t.

I’m basically Rudy every fucking game I play and if people feel insulted they should step up their game or replace out. People sign up to play, then they should actually try to play
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:40 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 586, Robbnva wrote:
In post 582, Donempire wrote:
I don’t think I really need to explain how the game of mafia works so this question is stupid. Cyrus hasn’t been around long enough to be infamous for his play style. I’m infamous for my play style. Titus is infamous, radiant cowbells, boonskiies, etc are all famous for their play style. Cyrus isn’t.
Mafia works by pressuring suspicious players to the point of cracking to determine their alignment, or something to that effect. Placing a vote without anything else and with no previous posts doesnt do that.
Cyrus and the players you named adhere to a different crowd though. RC and Titus while sometimes playing newbies as ICs or whatever mostly play in other game types. Just because he isnt infamous by your standarts - someone who might play newbies less than other modes - doesnt mean he isnt known. Especially since hes been here since may and played consistently, enough to make a name for himself.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:41 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 587, Robbnva wrote:
In post 585, Donempire wrote:Nope. Whats it about?
It’s a great movie. Guy who all he ever wanted was to play for Notre Dame despite being too small, didn’t have the grades. He eventually makes his way on the team and he annoys the other players cause he tries too hard. He makes everyone else look bad cause he gives 110%.

That’s me in almost ever game I play. I give it my all. I try my hardest to win. I annoy others cause they don’t. I get mad at others cause they don’t.

I’m basically Rudy every fucking game I play and if people feel insulted they should step up their game or replace out. People sign up to play, then they should actually try to play
People dont lynch players who overperform, they get nightkilled. But alright, i cant see this discussion panning out to be any less pointless than it is right now.
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:23 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 588, Donempire wrote:Mafia works by pressuring suspicious players to the point of cracking to determine their alignment, or something to that effect. Placing a vote without anything else and with no previous posts doesnt do that.
That’s part of it. There’s other parts like generating discussion and trying to sort people. Placing a reasonless vote does help to do that though. I love reasonless votes specifically for that.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:30 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 589, Donempire wrote:People dont lynch players who overperform, they get nightkilled.
Your original question implies I get misread and mislynched all the time. I don’t even understand why you asked the question so this conversation was pointless to begin with.

I don’t get NKd cause two reasons. 1. Scum think they can mislynch me or 2. I have shitty reads.

I know I usually have shitty reads but it’s because people like Cyrus. If townies are going to play like scum, I guess I’m forever destined to have shit reads.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:59 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 581, Donempire wrote:And you're proud of the fact that you get misread and lynched?
I really want to know what the point of this was? You say the discussion about it is going to be useless but what was the point of asking me something that’s not even true?

I never said or implied I was proud that I get misread and lynched because tbh I don’t get lynched very often. When people misread me when I’m scum, sure I’m proud of that but I haven’t really been bragging about it. I usually don’t brag cause I’m a shitty player who thinks he’s better than he actually is.
ClaimNow
ClaimNow
Goon
ClaimNow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:24 am

Post by ClaimNow »

I still think mack is scum. I'm starting to think doc is scummy
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Donempire »

Spoiler:
In post 590, Robbnva wrote:
In post 588, Donempire wrote:Mafia works by pressuring suspicious players to the point of cracking to determine their alignment, or something to that effect. Placing a vote without anything else and with no previous posts doesnt do that.
That’s part of it. There’s other parts like generating discussion and trying to sort people. Placing a reasonless vote does help to do that though. I love reasonless votes specifically for that.

Comparitively though, it does very little especially if other players arent pushing that player you're voting already. I would say that most of the discussion comes from the player thats already under scrutiny responding to other people AND the naked vote rather than the post itself generating anything meaningfull.

Spoiler:
Robbnva wrote:
In post 589, Donempire wrote:People dont lynch players who overperform, they get nightkilled.
Your original question implies I get misread and mislynched all the time. I don’t even understand why you asked the question so this conversation was pointless to begin with.

I don’t get NKd cause two reasons. 1. Scum think they can mislynch me or 2. I have shitty reads.

I know I usually have shitty reads but it’s because people like Cyrus. If townies are going to play like scum, I guess I’m forever destined to have shit reads.

Maybe not all the time. I have only one exposure to you and that was when i was reading Maths when i replaced in. In that game you basically swung your dick around, hit nothing and then died. When i saw that you had the same attitude as in that game i assumed most of your games were like this. Or if they werent, this one was gonna be like this.

If scum think they can mislynch you, how does that make you an overperformer in a game, or if you subsequently have poor reads? Anyways, if you say you have bad reads, thats your own words. Just note that you wont ever improve like you said if you keep shifting the blame to other players.
Spoiler:
Robbnva wrote:
I really want to know what the point of this was? You say the discussion about it is going to be useless but what was the point of asking me something that’s not even true?

I never said or implied I was proud that I get misread and lynched because tbh I don’t get lynched very often. When people misread me when I’m scum, sure I’m proud of that but I haven’t really been bragging about it. I usually don’t brag cause I’m a shitty player who thinks he’s better than he actually is.

You said "You cant read me", and if you werent insulting yourself with that (saying that town you doesnt act like town), then you were bragging about it. Am i jumping through too many hoops with this? Because thats what i saw as the purpose of that post.
And wouldnt a "shitty player who thinks hes better than he is", brag?
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 593, ClaimNow wrote:I still think mack is scum. I'm starting to think doc is scummy
Hi
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:27 am

Post by Donempire »

COMPARITEVELY
COMPARITIVELY
COMPARATIVELY

thats a hard word. guess i should have checked the spelling before i posted it.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Donempire »

Alright, i saw 9 players on the player list. Theres me, cyrus, robb and now claim arrived. Wheres the other 5, jacking off into the sunset? Come on people, its night already.
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:34 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 594, Donempire wrote:Comparitively though, it does very little especially if other players arent pushing that player you're voting already. I would say that most of the discussion comes from the player thats already under scrutiny responding to other people AND the naked vote rather than the post itself generating anything meaningfull.
It was early game. People were still messing around in rvs. I voted cause I wanted to get something going. That’s typically how things start. Are you going to question every other person for how they start to play? No obviously cause you would have already. If you don’t like my reasonless voting tactic that’s fine. I don’t play to appease others. The reasonless vote tactic is one I use often and I like it cause it serves a purpose unlike rvs voting.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:36 am

Post by emps »

"jacking off into the sunset" lmao wut

claim, wanna explain ur mack scumread?
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”