Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VC 2.04
How to Give Your Hermit Crab a Bath

ClaimNow (2): emps, Mackenie
the worst (2): Aisa, Robbnva
Mackenie (1): the worst

Not Voting (2): ClaimNow, Dongempire

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach a lynch. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-24 21:45:00).

Mod note:
Doctor Drew
has requested replacement.
Last edited by Skygazer on Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by Robbnva »

:roll:
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Skygazer »

the worst
replaces
Doctor Drew
!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by the worst »

i've got some good news
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by emps »

hi duck
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by the worst »

hi emps. why did you roll scum against me? i'm sincerely disappointed.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by emps »

uh my role pm is green i dont see what ur getting at
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by the worst »

why aren't you concerned about the stagnancy of the gamestate in that case?
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by emps »

i mean i am but im too lazy to deal with it tbh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by the worst »

don't worry, i'm here now. \o/
the excitement begins here!!

what are your reads? gimme a quick synopsis of strength of town/scumreads and any bits of reasoning you've got handy. i'll do my catchup then jam with you :)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by the worst »

i'm on pg 2 and i'm calling emps/mackenzie the scumteam

i don't expect to be right BUT if i am i want lots of bread post-game as a reward.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Robbnva »

What are you seeing on page 2?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Post by the worst »

I need to finish this catch-up asap and get a case down. Not much time to play with. Do you want me to dedicate time to showing my pg2 findings? If it'll help your reads, I'll do it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by the worst »

sadly need to bookmark at post#150 for the moment. gotta work.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by the worst »

ClaimNow and Dongempire - why aren't you voting?

Aisa & Robbnva, I'll need to work out why you're voting me and jam a bit. I don't think we'll have enough time in 48 hours, but I also sincerely doubt that I am today's lynch. I am very capable of producing enough content to read me by in the next ~48 hours. Could I ask that you consider voting your other scumread to keep the gamestate moving while I catch up?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by the worst »

If not, feel free to treat #664 as a call to action: who is my partner?; why was Doctor Drew scum? I think he's been intensely transparent in posts 1-150 but I'm obviously spoiled on that. :P

This opening probably feels quite unconventional for a newbie game. Just trust I'm working towards something rewarding. :> if I was on the edge of the spotlight, I'm asking it to be redirected into my face.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 664, the worst wrote:ClaimNow and Dongempire - why aren't you voting?
Voting anyone right now either puts someone at l1, which i dont want to do, or splits wagons. I still havent read up, yesterday was busy. I do plan to at least vote someone im confident in by tonight.

Lets hope our timezones align at least so i can do something through that :*
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by the worst »

yeah definitely :] i'll be around for a while yet. since we're both catching up it'd be cool to talk a little.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 664, the worst wrote:ClaimNow and Dongempire - why aren't you voting?

Aisa & Robbnva, I'll need to work out why you're voting me and jam a bit. I don't think we'll have enough time in 48 hours, but I also sincerely doubt that I am today's lynch. I am very capable of producing enough content to read me by in the next ~48 hours. Could I ask that you consider voting your other scumread to keep the gamestate moving while I catch up?
If you can produce enough content, that'd be great. I hear you're a good player though, so why should I trust you and how will I know how to read you?

Voting my other scumread now would mean voting claim, which is L-1, I fear someone will just hammer out of boredom then.

But I suppose I'm happy to
FOS ClaimNow
. He's acting fairly similar to the other game I played with him, in which he was scum. Namely, once he has had suspicion cast onto him he just lurks it out. I'm sure Rob's said it, but Claim, if you want to get yourself out of this sticky situation, now is the time to act. Give us some good action and I will change my mind. Please don't just give us your readslist again.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 662, the worst wrote:I need to finish this catch-up asap and get a case down. Not much time to play with. Do you want me to dedicate time to showing my pg2 findings? If it'll help your reads, I'll do it.
In the time it took you to write that you could have just told me what you saw.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:02 am

Post by Robbnva »

Less than 2 days and nobody is doing anything still. :facepalm:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:16 am

Post by the worst »

Sure, that's fair.

wrt emps, a series of pings and a fairly large hole in where I'd expect his towngame trajectory to be. it's still an early scumread, but like as early as 8/13 he's unusually unfocused. something that irked me a lot was his immediate reaction to being "confused" by Cyrus' posting style. he's aware of the way Cyrus posts and has also seen Cyrus absolutely kick ass as town before. I think it's just a faintly negative/"back foot" type perspective which I wouldn't expect to see from town!emps towards Cyrus.

kick on to 24/27 he's remarkably defensive and instantly switches to discrediting Cyrus rather than making an effort to advance the gamestate. like he shades Cyrus for pressuring low content slots (and encouraging newbies to do the same) which is objectively a good play; emps is too defensive here and lacks his usual kind of erratic irrational energy. too focused on self preservation and throwin shade.

last post I saw from him before I made my post was his nakedvote on eekveek in 40 when he'd been 1) proposing a scum motive for Cyrus, and 2) holistically ignored everything else happening itt

Cyrus caused this rvs to be a high content, fast moving couple of pages. I get where you were all coming from with the scumread; and this is my issue. Emps has had experience with Cyrus. There's a baseline respect and "admiration" where I think town!emps makes an effort to engage with this erratic version of Cyrus to parse his alignment. I don't understand emps drive-by shading Cyrus this early.

Mack is a weirder read I'll actually grab posts from his ISO because I think that can illustrate what I'm getting at a bit better :? brb.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:32 am

Post by the worst »

In post 16, Mackenie wrote:Hello everyone. First ever game for me. Should be fun. I can see getting in on the voting is the way to fit in.

VOTE: doctor drew
In post 17, Mackenie wrote:Also I'll look to get an avatar sorted.
so I want it noted (not striking alignment indicative but it's still something to consider): right off the bat Mackenie's coming from a perspective of fitting in rather than one of pursuing a win condition. he is present and occupying his slot but doing nothing to advance the gamestate. I get some of these are newbtells not scumtells so if Mack wants to swing in and help me see inside his brain I'm so ready for that. I think emps is more likely scum than Mack atm.

Robb idk if you remember my first game onsite where you got UnaBombaH lynched d1 and then caught in lylo via POE/vote shenanigans. Remember that one guy replaced in d2 and really heavily scumread me for being survivalistic/not doing anything to lynch scum? Part of me is wondering if I'm doing that to Mack. But I digress. You want to see my p2 logic for now.
In post 31, Mackenie wrote:
In post 23, cyrus62 wrote:Mackenie rvs mode we cast random votes yes but why the 2nd vote on doctor percy why the 2nd vote on me . you two are pinging me but thanks.
I get the rvs, need to get the action underway. I acted hastily in my first post and my intention was to rvs someone without votes. I then noticed my error but figured it was way to soon to start changing votes. Also pointless unless peeps all start jumping on doctor.
Reading this post made me realise that his rvs vote was actually considered (this is rare in newbies, which prompted me to think through his vote a little further).

He's elected not to vote another newbie. He's also elected to vote the more passive of the 3 SEs who have voted so far; I'm prejudiced by knowing that my slot is town but that's quite beside the point.

If I was a newbie scum I can see myself considering and deciding to vote for 1) an SE, so to be seen as comparatively bold/townie, 2) a less vocal SE so as not to invoke unnecessary ire

This is inductive reasoning. I'm working from a perspective of 'what if he is scum?' rather than explicitly 'do I think this is scummy in isolation?' But it still makes me crack out the :thinking: emoji.

at the time I *hadn't* read 44 which I actually liked. it seems to advance the conversation with Cyrus in a reasonably organic way when compared to e.g. emps.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:45 am

Post by the worst »

Sorry this is a wall of reach and inductive reasoning. the hot take sprung to mind and I said it, you wanted the reasoning for it, so you get my pretty bad reasoning. :lol:

I have quite a lot of questions I'd like to ask Mack while it's still fresh to see it I can split whether his reasoning comes from coasting under the radar scum, or town who is simultaneously well-researched and nervous about making big waves. I don't have time to this today and I don't think I have enough confidence to want to aggressively scumcase Mack.

I think emps is actually scum. I have no read on ClaimNow yet; u glanced through his iso and I didn't see anything that struck me as poignantly towny or scummy in isolation. so I'm kinda indifferent on that lynch.

last thing before I turn off my brain and queue up some music:
In post 668, Aisa wrote:If you can produce enough content, that'd be great. I hear you're a good player though, so why should I trust you and how will I know how to read you?

Voting my other scumread now would mean voting claim, which is L-1, I fear someone will just hammer out of boredom then.
What have you heard? These rumors are GROSSLY exaggerated.

It's up to you whether or not to trust me (or any other player. particularly one who walks into a thread and starts throwing down walls).

Just break it down as much as you can.
Do you agree with what I'm saying?
Do you think I believe what I'm saying?
Do my actions line up to the agenda I'm pushing (sorry this one is a bit useless since I haven't done anything of value and I'm a dozen pages behind)?
Remember win conditions: at the crux of it, scum need to live to endgame and achieve mislynches. town need to find and lynch people who are trying to achieve the former. do you have any intuition about which win condition I'm trying to achieve?

these are just examples of things that I'd challenge myself on if I were in your boots trying to read me. unfortunately for now I think it's a challenge: I just got here. I literally need to survive as either alignment because as town I don't have a lot of time left this phase to effectively find scum; and as scum I need to secure mislynches and find a path for myself and/or my buddy to endgame.

sorry there's no easy answer but you knew that when asking the question! if you're reading any of my posts and going "hhhhhrrrmmmmf?" just talk to me and see if my reasoning helps you get a level deeper. I don't bite. though I may steal your bread.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:46 am

Post by Donempire »

Its emps/claim