Newbie 1955 - wikihow mafia [game over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:52 am

Post by the worst »

Is it bad that I think Robb is obvtown off the first 6 pages, think it's kind of towny that you reached out to me immediately, and think Aisa is town from a quick glance through her ISO? I'd currently be comfortable with any lynch in {claim,emps,mack} with a firm preference for emps. :P
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:13 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 673, the worst wrote:I have no read on ClaimNow yet; u glanced through his iso and I didn't see anything that struck me as poignantly towny or scummy in isolation. so I'm kinda indifferent on that lynch.
He quoted from his most likely scum PF. He claims it’s his private note PF but I find that unlikely because he was up to 80+ posts before he made a single post here. He said here that he hadn’t read everything yet.

I don’t see one person making 80 posts in less than 24 hours without even saying hello here. His contributions here doesn’t look like somebody who’s made 80+ posts in his private notes forum either.

I want his lynch but your predecessor has done jack and since nobody else cares about winning, I don’t really care either. I’m fine lynching your slot or claim today.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:22 am

Post by the worst »

You know me Robb. I'm usually pretty serious about winning, and I think we're both town. Is there anything else you want to know from me?

Sorry, could you quote the post where Claim slipped? I'd like to have a look at it. Far as I can tell his ISO is a catch-up then random comments. I'm a bit drunk to find it in a hurry.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:40 am

Post by Donempire »

First is emps.

Most of it comes from the fact that he says something that might put pressure on someone, then never comes back to it. I'll illustrate:

Spoiler:
In post 87, emps wrote:
In post 81, Dyrenz wrote:
In post 74, cyrus62 wrote:unless emps is scum and deflecting from mack or trying to pocket. btw until i am lynched i will share my thoughts and scum hunt
Maybe I am just reading between the lines too much but it's funny how you only consider your game ending if you're lynched. Does that mean you don't expect to be NK'd?
woah good catch

i dont think its a real scumslip tho because its cyrus

If its a good catch, it should be at least semi important to emps, but he just brushes it off and never comes back to this. Maybe this is a weak example, but there are more to come.

Spoiler:
In post 157, emps wrote:also i feel like doc is trying to pocket cyrus

Never comes back to this, or questions doc over this.

Spoiler:
In post 444, emps wrote:
In post 413, cyrus62 wrote:rob your scum this game and i know it and so will the others based on your reads . you refuse to help the game and hoping for mis lychees . my whole play with doc was me trying to get others
off the wagon.
In post 439, cyrus62 wrote:as of now my last town reads are every one but rob is con town but doc and mack are scum.
"robs scum and doc is town"

"wait nvm switch it around

Clearly a massive hole in cyrus' logic, yet only uses it to pile further instead of actually doing the thing that would reveal his alignment, questioning him WHY.

Spoiler:
In post 554, emps wrote:that... feels a lot like dodging the question there from aisa....

Same deal, never comes back to this or tries to pressure aisa into answering this. Feel like hes talking just to say hes been pressuring, yet he is simply taking very safe potshots at people.

Theres a bit more of this, but i want to go over other tells that emps showed that further convince me hes scum.
One other tell is that he seems overly concerned about his image, especially when talking with cyrus. Apart from admiration, i also see that he fears he may catch his slip, and therefore is acting cautiously. Here you go:
Spoiler:
In post 24, emps wrote:
In post 21, cyrus62 wrote:game is going very slow i i really am disappointed in emps .
oh im so sorry for having real life
In post 27, emps wrote:bro what are you teaching the newbies

ive just been busy irl lol

Overly defensive response to a mild remark.

Spoiler:
In post 136, emps wrote:why the hell does this happen every game

cyrus stop voting ur townread all the time

One way he could have gone about this is cut the second bit out. The "stop voting your townread" seems like its trying to guilt cyrus rather than accomplish anything.

Formatting is hard so i'll continue on the next post.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:46 am

Post by the worst »

we picked up on a lot of the same stuff. I wrote waffly walls in my notes about a lot of the posts you're talking about there (and some others).

VOTE: emps
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 446, ClaimNow wrote:
In post 85, ClaimNow wrote:
In post 11, cyrus62 wrote:i so i anit that late. emps and docs on my radar till i have sorted them VOTE: doc rub is null to me untill i see where the game gos
Why are they on your radar?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:13 am

Post by Robbnva »

Post 85 is not from this game.

I can’t wrap my head around how he could write 85 posts before posting here.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:16 am

Post by Robbnva »

UNVOTE:

And tbh the worst, I remember you. I remember making a joke about you as the IC is the worst, I even remember the game you modded as a hydra but I don’t remember much about your gameplay other than I think you like to fake claim a lot as scum. I played with Cyrus more recently and barely remembered so I really don’t know what you would do as town/scum too much.

That said later I’ll read these posts you’re making.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:17 am

Post by Donempire »

Aside from that, emps simply doesnt seem to want to scumhunt. This post comes to mind:
In post 648, emps wrote:
In post 641, Aisa wrote:
In post 599, emps wrote:"jacking off into the sunset" lmao wut

claim, wanna explain ur mack scumread?
How sure are you that Claim is scum? Is that who you're intent on lynching today? Is that why you haven't been active?
im pretty confident claim is scum. yes, i can compromise on doc tho. nah not really mostly just tired from rl stuffs
Real life is a component but its mostly scum that use this excuse to not play the game. He used this excuse not just now but also when he first began the game too, which strikes me as ingenuine, meaning that he is overly exaggarating the effect outside sources have on him playing the game. If real life is going to complicate you so much since the beginning of the game, replace out. If its not, then play it properly. (Dont take it as encouraging replacing out, just saying what my mind is on the topic.) Seeing where we are now, i say that he is using an excuse to distance himself from conversation too much.

Also dont like his interaction with claimnow. He seems to take a distanced approach to probably the only one he actually seems to question, and then doesnt even call him scum or town outright. Very fishy all in all.
VOTE: Emps
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Donempire »

Claim is a little less substantial, but i tried analysing posting patterns to see if he could possibly reach 85 posts in a theoretical private thread.

Turns out that after the whole deal where he claimed he posted it from a pt, his posting rate plummeted. Down from 14 posts a day... to 6 posts in 11 days, or more precisely 9 days without counting the 2 nights.
What this says to me, especially considering the content of the posts themselves and the rate of which they were posted that he was afraid of making a mistake like that again, which proves that it WAS a mistake in this kind of light. Even if you say that he did post from a notes pt and he was afraid of being scumread for something like that again, the posting pattern doesnt match up to a point where he could logically get 80 posts in a pt without posting in a thread once. Yeah.
Besides that, i dont like the slight town lean on emps without ever engaging with him. Food for thought.

Still, i want to lynch emps because if hes town there are more associations to be made, which i doubt, but nonetheless i like to have my bases covered.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:27 am

Post by Donempire »

I dont really see how emps justifies all this, but i welcome him to try. For everyone else, we should get this rolling.
Formerly Dongempire
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Aisa »

I'll play devil's advocate: why emps might not be scum.

Two posts where he seems attentive to the gamestate, what players are around, etc.:
Spoiler:
In post 8, emps wrote:how do we have 8/9 confirmations but we also have 2 players who havent even opened their role pms
In post 40, emps wrote:huhh?

eekveek confirmed and didnt post?

VOTE: eekveek

Here he's saying almost the exact same things I was thinking while catching up. Like I agree that the rest of his posts are not that good but it just seems weird to me that scum would be so in tune with my pov:
Spoiler:
In post 152, emps wrote:yknow why cyrus has always been right d1/d2

its because he scumreads every fucking body at one point or another

also mack is my strongest tr, rob is still null for me tho.

i feel like town!cyrus always does something like this where he keeps flipping his reads over, and over, and over again with no real progression. idk about his scum meta tho.

anyways i dont really like doc for that mack vote tho

no real reasoning behind it and i feel like he only said that he was sring mack because cyrus did, and i can see that coming from scum.

VOTE: doc
In post 156, emps wrote:imo if his reasoning is "first game guy wouldnt be bold as town" i could just say "first game guy wouldnt be bold as scum"

like actually posting and voicing ur thoughts as someone playing their first game is +townpoints imo

----
Oh! Oooh! I quoted the following post thinking that it demonstrated that he was paying attention to the game, since he was the first to call Claim out:
In post 461, emps wrote:mind explaining the [/quotes] at the end, and the fact that post 85 is attributed to you, when post 85, isnt actually posted by, well, you?
But what if scumteam is claim+emps? It would explain why emps picked up on the [/quotes] tags that Claim left in posts 447-451; IIRC no-one else commented on them. I was initially thinking that all the questions Claim asked in posts 447+ meant Claim was less likely to be scum, I doubted he'd want to "pollute" the scum PT by posting so much in it. But he if is scum then it is likely that only 446 was in the scum PT, and the remaining posts are damage control. Worth noting that Claim probably noticed what he did in 446 immediately, given the 4-minute difference between posts 446 and 447 and the frantic posting after that. So he decided to leave the [/quotes] tags. That makes Claim more likely to be scum imo; no need to lie/try to cover it up if he's town. I could see town going "how am I gonna explain that now lmfao", while I think scum is more likely to panic and feel the need to act promptly to cover it up.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Aisa »

UNVOTE: , see my post from a couple of days ago discussing Doc's meta. I don't feel like I can read the worst yet.
(@the worst: I heard about you mostly from browsing scummies, and seeing you won the one for rising star)
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Aisa »

I'd still rather lynch Claim today. I just think I've convinced myself that we're quite likely to hit scum with Claim. Others I'm not so sure on. My confidence in emps being town has decreased.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Donempire »

i
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Donempire »

i can probably change your mind, i'll post in a hour
Formerly Dongempire
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Aisa »

Alright! I'll point out what in your case doesn't really convince me then.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 678, Donempire wrote:First is emps.

Most of it comes from the fact that he says something that might put pressure on someone, then never comes back to it. I'll illustrate:

Spoiler:
In post 87, emps wrote:
In post 81, Dyrenz wrote:
In post 74, cyrus62 wrote:unless emps is scum and deflecting from mack or trying to pocket. btw until i am lynched i will share my thoughts and scum hunt
Maybe I am just reading between the lines too much but it's funny how you only consider your game ending if you're lynched. Does that mean you don't expect to be NK'd?
woah good catch

i dont think its a real scumslip tho because its cyrus

If its a good catch, it should be at least semi important to emps, but he just brushes it off and never comes back to this. Maybe this is a weak example, but there are more to come.
Yeah I don't think this is very telling.

Spoiler:

Never comes back to this, or questions doc over this.
He was already voting Doc at the time.

Spoiler:
In post 444, emps wrote:
In post 413, cyrus62 wrote:rob your scum this game and i know it and so will the others based on your reads . you refuse to help the game and hoping for mis lychees . my whole play with doc was me trying to get others
off the wagon.
In post 439, cyrus62 wrote:as of now my last town reads are every one but rob is con town but doc and mack are scum.
"robs scum and doc is town"

"wait nvm switch it around

Clearly a massive hole in cyrus' logic, yet only uses it to pile further instead of actually doing the thing that would reveal his alignment, questioning him WHY.

Spoiler:
In post 554, emps wrote:that... feels a lot like dodging the question there from aisa....

Same deal, never comes back to this or tries to pressure aisa into answering this. Feel like hes talking just to say hes been pressuring, yet he is simply taking very safe potshots at people.
He meant that Claim was dodging the question I asked him.

Theres a bit more of this, but i want to go over other tells that emps showed that further convince me hes scum.
One other tell is that he seems overly concerned about his image, especially when talking with cyrus. Apart from admiration, i also see that he fears he may catch his slip, and therefore is acting cautiously. Here you go:
Spoiler:
In post 24, emps wrote:
In post 21, cyrus62 wrote:game is going very slow i i really am disappointed in emps .
oh im so sorry for having real life
In post 27, emps wrote:bro what are you teaching the newbies

ive just been busy irl lol

Overly defensive response to a mild remark.
This reads null to me.

Spoiler:
In post 136, emps wrote:why the hell does this happen every game

cyrus stop voting ur townread all the time

One way he could have gone about this is cut the second bit out. The "stop voting your townread" seems like its trying to guilt cyrus rather than accomplish anything.

Formatting is hard so i'll continue on the next post.
I agree that he doesn't seem very interested in scum-hunting. Would definitely like to see him respond to some of the stuff that has come up.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 2.05
How to Deal with Change

ClaimNow (2): emps, Mackenie
emps (2): the worst, Dongempire

Not Voting (3): ClaimNow, Robbnva, Aisa

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach a lynch. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-24 21:45:00).

Mod note:
ClaimNow
and
Mackenie
have been prodded.
Last edited by Skygazer on Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:26 am

Post by Robbnva »

Claim realized he fucked up and has decided instead of trying to convince us it was a legit mistake, he's going to just hide. I honestly would expect town to be here trying to prove it was a mistake by posting more. Claim is scum.

Now the partner is either doc/tw or mack. I can't tell which. I don't think it's emp personally.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:31 am

Post by Donempire »

Since its your last post, i'll respond to it then.

In claims case, its my bad. I was going through the iso and there was nothing referencing the other post so i thought he was pressuring you. That said, it was still a very safe post by all means.

My point is not that he isnt voting doc at the time, because he was voting him. It's that he seems to just post one liners and state what we can already see instead of questioning people why and why they would do that.
Why would doc pocket cyrus? Is he even pocketing him? What would that reveal about docs alignment? What would that reveal about cyrus' alignment?
All of that is thrown to the garbage so that emps can throw just enough of that shade onto doc.

And that brings me to, the claim case and why i think they are teamed.
When you consider emps' interactions with everyone, its either shade throwing or wagoning them after someone has already pushed them. Except, of course claim. This is the only one that emps seems to have an interest in and its a damn big interest too. So heres what i see:
Emps threw most people shade to silently get towncred for participating in the discussion without having to engage with someone directly. But once he saw that claim slipped up he jumped on top of that to bus him. This makes further sense if you take into consideration that the private topic may be mafia chat and he knew post 85 existed in there and was made by claim.

All of it is pretty damning, but i will still respond to what you wrote first.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:31 am

Post by Donempire »

Responding to aisa btw
Formerly Dongempire
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:34 am

Post by Mackenie »

Didn't realise it had been that long since i posted. Honestly as mentioned above, we have someone who posts so much in first 24hrs they mistakenly quote from a private section. Then all of a sudden they are no longer contributing. Short of someone else claiming they are scum i don't see any reason we would lynch anyone else.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Donempire »

...you dont see why we shouldnt lynch emps?
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:46 am

Post by Robbnva »

so let's lynch claim, if he flips scum we have a better idea about emps.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”