Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7203 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:06 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7199, Dannflor wrote:popsofctown -
Why are people scum reading this?
There's no scum agenda in her posting her attempts to engage both Fire and Chennis are overtly townie imo. A lot of effort was put in there for strictly a pro-town outcome in both cases. This is a strong gut tone read I've had since the beginning of the game. I know drunk posting isn't town indicative but I'll read a post like #6974 and just be like... yup that's town. She has this casual flowy way of moving around the game that just seems very hard to replicate as scum over such a large volume of posts.
I'd like to see some actual cases in regards to the scum reads on this slot
because I'm not seeing the apparent weirdness others are seeing.
I know it isn't
that
much what I posted just a few minutes ago but it's still a case. Had you read that yet?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7204 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:07 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7195, Iconeum wrote:Literally all over the place, hoping one of these wagons draws enough attention away from him is how I read all of this.

VOTE: pops
multiple people have been moving their vote around a lot today

why wouldn't scum stay in one place and try to build a solid wagon rather than flipping around a bunch and potentially drawing more attention to themselves

You can describe pops' play as a lot of things but she's intentionally engaging with multiple players and takes strong stances

I'm not sure how you get a read of "trying to draw attention away from herself"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

duck, you're a lost cause, but Iconeum, come the fuck on. chennisden is at L-infinity. The idea that I am hoping a chennisden lynch catches on in self defense is absurd; there's at least 3 more viable lynches available today. It's not going to catch on. I posted it because the worst said I had "posted a lot yet hadn't managed to be protown all game", and it struck home a bit, so I wanted to do something and put some kind of work in. My reads have been awful this game, but chennisden's alignment is largely independent of all the other stuff going on in thread, and deadsheeps my first and worst wants-to-mislynch, so it seems like a good start. It was something to give you guys to think about day 6, 7, more so than now. You can object to moving my vote maybe, I didn't remember where it was, I should vanity wagon less as both alignment really. But calling THE FIRST VOTE on chennisden opportunistic when I obviously don't have any kind of "partner" in the thread that gives a damn is absurd.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7206 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7203, Iconeum wrote:
There's no scum agenda in her posting her attempts to engage both Fire and Chennis are overtly townie imo. A lot of effort was put in there for strictly a pro-town outcome in both cases. This is a strong gut tone read I've had since the beginning of the game. I know drunk posting isn't town indicative but I'll read a post like #6974 and just be like... yup that's town. She has this casual flowy way of moving around the game that just seems very hard to replicate as scum over such a large volume of posts.
I know it isn't
that
much what I posted just a few minutes ago but it's still a case. Had you read that yet?
it's not a case

it's you quoting some actually pro-town things in her ISO and making snarky comments
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7207 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7195, Iconeum wrote:
In post 7158, popsofctown wrote:Firebringer if I get lynched and I ask you to please not govern would you not govern because I'm town and I asked?
This feels fake. Presenting yourself as a self-sacrifice without being at risk yet is easy.
like this is clearly a line in to engaging with Fire on the governor and actually taking the time and effort to appeal to his logic
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7208 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

like literally everything I do this game, people are like "it's part of machieavallen complex scheme X"

no

i just wanted to fucking do the thing

I might even defuse an argument for being bullshit even if I don't townread the slot

GE's latest push on the worst is wet noodle and GE is town and I don't know what duck is but you guys make me feel like I can't fucking say anything

Like if I just lurked out this whole thread despite having a record for hyperposting, apparently you would just post "I'd cry tears of joy if the shit vig shot popsofctown instead of consensus townreads, but like, I'm neither going to vote her ever this game nor actual address arguments put forth against her", but since I didn't do that everyone in the damn game can find at least 5 posts in my 42794 page iso that looks "so so scummy"
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7209 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i missed part of my last post, I was saying "ge's latest push on the worst is wet noodle" but I don't even feel "allowed" to say that

because anything I do in the thread is never jamming it's some endgame plan I want to commit to immediately or that's how people act even though I've said a jillion times I don't know who the scum are and my townreads are the main thing I'm happy with right now so I'm just trying to play some mafia until I get the other half of that.
"Well, I..."
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7210 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:12 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7207, Dannflor wrote:
In post 7158, popsofctown wrote:Firebringer if I get lynched and I ask you to please not govern would you not govern because I'm town and I asked?
This feels fake. Presenting yourself as a self-sacrifice without being at risk yet is easy.
like this is clearly a line in to engaging with Fire on the governor and actually taking the time and effort to appeal to his logic
Disagree. This is pops working on emotions, trying to appear
she
is willing to 'take one for the team' when the time comes. I don't see how you townread that.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7211 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I know I'm weak to AtE

I've been end gamed by scum that just AtE'd really well

it's something I've accepted about myself

but I have a really hard time reading #7208 and #7209 as anything but frustrated town
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7212 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7206, Dannflor wrote:
In post 7203, Iconeum wrote:
I know it isn't
that
it's not a case

it's you quoting some actually pro-town things in her ISO and making snarky comments
Ugh it's a case to me. FTR i am not *intentionally* snarky but if you think what I quoted is actually pro-town then we should definitely talk about it
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7213 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:16 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7205, popsofctown wrote:duck, you're a lost cause, but Iconeum, come the fuck on. chennisden is at L-infinity. The idea that I am hoping a chennisden lynch catches on in self defense is absurd; there's at least 3 more viable lynches available today. It's not going to catch on. I posted it because the worst said I had "posted a lot yet hadn't managed to be protown all game", and it struck home a bit, so I wanted to do something and put some kind of work in
So Chennis is basicly a vanity wagon then, right?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7214 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:16 pm

Post by Iconeum »

*vote.

Vanity vote.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7215 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7212, Iconeum wrote:Ugh it's a case to me. FTR i am not *intentionally* snarky but if you think what I quoted is actually pro-town then we should definitely talk about it
like the vanity vote on chennis doesn't do much but that's ignoring the case work she did on him which does do a lot, even if not right now
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7216 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7211, Dannflor wrote:I know I'm weak to AtE

but I have a really hard time reading #7208 and #7209 as anything but frustrated town
Actual question: were you reading LLD as frustrated town as well, or did you think that was scum faking it?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7217 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7215, Dannflor wrote:
In post 7212, Iconeum wrote:Ugh it's a case to me. FTR i am not *intentionally* snarky but if you think what I quoted is actually pro-town then we should definitely talk about it
like the vanity vote on chennis doesn't do much but that's ignoring the case work she did on him which does do a lot, even if not right now
the only thing i'm having second thoughts about is that her vote on Chennis doesn't really accomplish much for a scum agenda, unless setting up associations for what she might think is a probably lynch on her
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7218 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 7210, Iconeum wrote:
In post 7207, Dannflor wrote:
Disagree. This is pops working on emotions, trying to appear
she
is willing to 'take one for the team' when the time comes. I don't see how you townread that.
I'm not taking one for the team, if I get to L-1 I will fight my lynch like a mutt.

If Firebringer understands the concept of not governing people who don't want to be governed, that helps us no matter who the lynch is today, so long as it isn't someone
so anti-town about mechanics they claimed bodyguard day2 unprompted
who doesn't understand the mainstream view that any use of a govern is antitown.
"Well, I..."
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #7219 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by MariaR »

Hey pops what's up? How're your reads looking? Besides the fact people want you dead (B
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7220 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 7213, Iconeum wrote:
In post 7205, popsofctown wrote:duck, you're a lost cause, but Iconeum, come the fuck on. chennisden is at L-infinity. The idea that I am hoping a chennisden lynch catches on in self defense is absurd; there's at least 3 more viable lynches available today. It's not going to catch on. I posted it because the worst said I had "posted a lot yet hadn't managed to be protown all game", and it struck home a bit, so I wanted to do something and put some kind of work in
So Chennis is basicly a vanity wagon then, right?
WHAT TIPPED YOU OFF, WHEN I CALLED IT A VANITY WAGON IN THE POST YOU QUOTED, WHILE CALLING IT A LHF WAGON????

LOLLLLLLLL
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7221 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7217, Iconeum wrote:
In post 7215, Dannflor wrote:
the only thing i'm having second thoughts about is that her vote on Chennis doesn't really accomplish much for a scum agenda, unless setting up associations for what she might think is a probably lynch on her
exactly

so how is it opportunistic
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7222 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7216, Iconeum wrote:
In post 7211, Dannflor wrote:I know I'm weak to AtE

Actual question: were you reading LLD as frustrated town as well, or did you think that was scum faking it?
blah

I did read her very initial outburst as frustrated town but as it dragged on I changed my mind
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7223 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:29 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7221, Dannflor wrote:so how is it opportunistic
I don't think I called the chennis vote opportunistic. But it's a vanity vote while in the same breath arguing we shouldn't be doing that so...
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7224 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Post by Dannflor »

what do you think of the actual case she made?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”