For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 3.01
How to Become a Real Estate Agent in Alabama

emps (1): Robbnva

Not Voting (4): Aisa, emps, Mackenie, the worst

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to reach a lynch. Day three ends in (expired on 2019-10-02 17:15:00).
Last edited by Skygazer on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:38 am

Post by Mackenie »

In post 718, the worst wrote:I'm the Doc slot. Hi, hello.

I want to work with you to crunch down the next tier of your read list (work out "if emps is town who out of myself and Mack is more likely to be town"), but as of right now I think emps is more than likely just scum.

pedit: agreed, Robb is definitely town. When you do have a bit of time Mack, let me know. I can see people's souls so I wanna question you a bit. >:3

Ask away, i shouldn't be to long between replies, I have 5 mins here and there just don't have chance to go through the thread properly.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:43 am

Post by Aisa »

Ugh, fine. I'm the
Doctor
. I'll point out a crumb once I'm not on mobile in a couple hours.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:06 am

Post by Robbnva »

I was really hoping tw or mac were doctor.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:31 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 515, Aisa wrote:Hi all, especially hi Claim!

I've had a read through things. I still need to think some things through, and take a good look at my notes, essentially I will be back in a few hours with better fleshed out ideas but I shall throw some preliminary thoughts out.

Leaning town on:
M
ack
- His activity levels are good. In the first pages he game me the impression of reading every post carefully, almost "hanging onto" the thread waiting for someone to post. It just seems like it would be hard to imitate as scum on their first game. And it sounds like he's mostly just been saying what's on him mind. Yeah the vote on cyrus could be opportunistic but it doesn't seem like enough evidence to counteract the rest.
e
mps
- I agree with most of his posts. Especially around posts 152-159 his thoughts seemed to echo mine. Some of his more recent posts are nullish.

Null:
D
yrenz/
Sera Masumi
- just not much content yet.
eek
veek/
Claim
- similar, not much content. I will say I just finished a game with Claim in which he was scum. He doesn't really post much in general, but compared to that game he seems bolder and more engaged which are good signs. Curious about this whole PT affair.

Leaning scum:
Rob
- I disagree with emps, his progression didn't seem especially town. I am going to look at a couple of his past games to see how they compare.
Doc
- reasons people have mentioned. Hasn't posted much but what he has posted could easily be opportunistic. Has not pushed anyone or made much of an effort D1.

Questions!
@MOD: can people get a pt if they PM you?

Anyone: is there a way to get a notes PT besides the mod making one for you?

@Rob: I get that tunnelling people is something you do as both town or scum. Why do you do it as town? It hasn't really served you well in this game.
@Doc: How did Mack's experience with Mafia inform your read? Why are you voting Mack now - weren't you reading him as "solidly town" yesterday? Could you generally be more forthcoming in sharing why you're doing what you're doing?
"Medic"
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Robbnva »

man, that is a stretch :lol:

I don't disbelieve you but that crumb
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Aisa »

And here was I reassuring myself that no one would make fun of me :lol:
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Mackenie »

I have no experience at mafia but surely a crumb could be planted by scum for later use. Not disbelieving either.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 756, Aisa wrote:And here was I reassuring myself that no one would make fun of me :lol:
Like I get it. But yeah it’s funny
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Aisa »

Yeah fair enough @Rob!
@Mack surely.
In post 736, emps wrote:Wait shit claim flipped rb I retract my doc claim

I'll explain why I fakeclaimed doc next post, on mobile rn
So your entire plan rested on a 50% chance that we weren't in the setup with the doctor? It might just be the rush of seeing someone other than me claim doc (even if temporarily) but I'm not sure I buy this.

I still think Mack is town. Tbf I haven't really thought about it lately. The last time I did put some effort into reading him, though, iI only went through 5 of his posts before being satisfied that he was town, soo...
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 728, the worst wrote:What I wanted to say is I agree with your reads. The strong townies vs. a vocal townie mislynch on d1 is consistent with a gamestate of town self-destructing. Scum who comes into the thread and sees town just lynching itself for them don't tend to play too hard. I sincerely agree scum were more likely to have coasted day one.
Agree.
pedit: me asking for Claim's claim was bait. If he claimed doctor I would have wrecked him, without the doctor counterclaiming. He hammered because he knew it was scum and nothing else was gonna happen d2 (except like, maybe you and me becoming more obvtown. but I'm not concerned about that)
How could you be so sure that Claim wasn't the doctor?

@Mack you're up next, claim.
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Mackenie »

Vanilla Townie ofcourse, but i would hardly say mafia if i was scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:01 am

Post by the worst »

Crap. I had the doctor down to either Asia or Mack. I thought Mack's survivalistic/noncommittal style might have been him trying to keep a low profile to avoid the nightkill -- if he was the doctor we could've pretty safely dogpiled emps without hesitation.

emps hasn't played in a way which is geared towards ensuring his survival, so much as a way which is geared towards explicitly not solving the game, if that makes sense. Mack had made more effort to poke the gamestate: he's just doing it in a way which looks like he doesn't actually want to make waves. This behaviour at surface level looked to me like it came from a town power role.

Robb is transparently playing too assertively and painting too much of a target on his back to be a TPR. A doctor in this situation is pretty unlikely to try and draw this much attention to themselves.

This is still ok. To me the only unknown alignments now are {emps, Mack, Robb} and I really think Robb is town. so suspect my theory is just right. To the rest of you my alignment is also unknown. Basically if we can determine who is town in {emps, Mack} we win with a big gold star.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:07 am

Post by the worst »

I'd love to like, both set an hour aside and fire posts at each other it that's possible Mack. But to start off with - I see that you've pretty consistently had reads across the game. The problem I have is that when the crunch comes, you sat through the game without a vote cast for quite a long time. To me this looks like someone who wants to look good, but is scared to actually push people's buttons in case they get their hand bitten.

Can you talk me through why you're comfortable talking about your reads but kinda petrified of actually voting for them?

This one I can wait a long as I need for. I want to ask a few more things but getting quick replies to those without you considering them for too long will help me work out if you're town. :D
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:08 am

Post by the worst »

In post 741, the worst wrote:how's my solve, emps?
In post 743, the worst wrote:alrighty who's scum to you? can you towncase Mack for me or scumcase them?
as an aside, still want this from emps.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:10 am

Post by the worst »

Lucky last:

@Asia one of the huge reasons I pushed for massclaim today is if Mack counterclaimed doctor tomorrow (and he was the last scum, obviously) it would be a fair bit harder to work out which of you was actually the doctor. :< you're townier by play but I don't have a strong read on who I'd trust to vote with or against you. There's one more reason which I'll explain before the curtain falls.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:11 am

Post by the worst »

That's assuming you both lived, as well. You're high NK equity even without the claim.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:13 am

Post by the worst »

I'm gonna go do some legwork now. Sorry for all the consecutive posts. Waiting for Mack and emps, but if anyone is reading any of this like "wtf does that meaaannnnn....." just quote it and ask and I'll swing by and explain myself. /o\

otherwise like definitely any thoughts you have on the game fire them off here. Asia in particular, if you feel I'm pushing a scum wincon, talk about what you're seeing. also consider emps' alignment from the perspective that I am scum and he is town: if you can reach a deductive townread on him (by analysing his slot and independently thinking its town) I'd be really interested in seeing what you're seeing. ditto if you can reach a deductive townread on Mack.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Robbnva »

@asia who did your slot save each night?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 762, the worst wrote:Robb is transparently playing too assertively and painting too much of a target on his back to be a TPR. A doctor in this situation is pretty unlikely to try and draw this much attention to themselves.
Pretty sure I play the same even as a tpr only difference is I’d probably have already claimed on day 1 :facepalm:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:41 am

Post by the worst »

mm ok. if I've seen your TPR play I can't recall it right now. most people unconsciously let off survivalistic tells though, which I haven't felt from you at all. still not a huge deal and stuff.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:19 am

Post by the worst »

Robb how do you feel about me townreading you? we've been engaging in pretty good faith I think but you haven't really spoken about my slot much.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Robbnva »

Not really a fan of people buddying me but for now I have you mechanically cleared.

Remaining scum is somebody who likes to talk. Emps is the only one who has a mafia game and talked a lot in that scum pf. Plus kerset and dong both scumread emps

It really feels like emp
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:35 am

Post by the worst »

Alright. I was going to play this a little fancier, but I don't think that'll really get me anywhere. The more I read, the more paranoid of you I'm getting. I'll go reread our first game together and some other stuff because I want to check your emotional range as scum. But I'm starting to think your late d1 is consistent with your scum m.o. and I'm worried I might have undervalued your scum skillset.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Robbnva »

If you’re town you’re overthinking things but feel free to do whatever. I’m pretty confident scum is emps/Mack with Mack being less likely.

I gave up caring about this game day 2 before we lynched scum.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”