Dr Easy Bake (0):

ofrhz (0):

No-Lynch (0):

Not Voting (5):
chennisden, KidAmn, Doctor Easy Bake, Rautherdir, gobbledygook
With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
(expired on 2019-10-06 22:25:00) remain in the day.

Mod Notes
:
- Remember: Flavor is just flavor. Don't use it to make arguments.
- Deadline has been changed due to the dayvig.
- gobbledygook replaces gobbledygook.
Last edited by Korina on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Hectic »

you win this one Korina
but next time
i will not be so lenient
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Korina »

Inferno390 wrote: Korina has to die as well
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by KidAmn »

In post 937, Hectic wrote:hey kid
your avoidance of my question is scummy
and your annoyance at it is fake
scummy scum

can we get some votes on Kid please?
is a capybara trapped in a bear trap right now
just need to put him out of his misery
I assure you my annoyance at your lack of ability (or more likely, intentionally playing dumb) to read and derive meaning from what you read is entirely genuine.

Let me break it down for you very simply.

If I'm stating that you're OMGUSing me, and OMGUS is typically a knee jerk reaction to being voted or suspected by someone...

Reckon you can make the final leap on your own there buddy? Hope you can, because your constant assertion I'm in your ludicrously large FOS pile and generally nonsensical manner and content of your posts means we're done talking now. Buh-bye.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

no idea what happened with gobble but that was weird
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Ok. I am calm down now.
Ground rules. KidAmn, do not call me a bitch again.
In post 923, gobbledygook wrote:Cult Answers:

Potential Cult:
TemporalLich
KidAmn
Raur
Dr. Easy Bake

No Cult:
Hectic
Pisskop
Ofhrz
Inferno
Gamma
NMSA

Potpourri round:
Turin

---

Ok. Now that everyone who matters has answered, I will clarify why I asked about the cult question.

There exists several roles that deal with cults. Principally among them include Role Cop and drumroll please.... CULT COP. Oh, wow. That
did
take more than 2 seconds to think about. I'm exhausted from thinking that hard. I think I am just going to phone it in now like the rest of the game. :(
My thinking -
This allows for rolecop and cult cop to verify against. Obviously not perfect since cult can change people already checked, but at least it is something. Seeing as this is a Korina game, cult likely exists. I still disagree massively with the "let's not talk about the cult, let's not think about the cult, let's scum read anyone who does those things" mindset that has apparently overtaken this town. It will be too late if we do not try to at least set the parameters to trap cult.

Point 1 - gobble is scum because he is focusing on the cult!
Response 1 - No. Just no. Obviously that is a common tell in multiball games (mafia looking for SK, mafia looking for other mafia, mafia looking for cult, etc). Do you all think that I would be dumb enough to openly do that as scum? I do not have a good scum game. Look at the recently completed New York game moderated by Chemist. I just lurked. This is not my scum play. Moreover, the only type of players who can openwolf by directly looking for the other faction in multiball are scum players way beyond my skill. I'm talking people like RadiantCowbells, Mastina, Skitter, Kuribo, Katsuki, Flavor Leaf. Those types of players have the skills to do that. I am not one of those players.

Point 2 - gobble is scum because he's not advancing reads!
Response 2 - That is completely false. I have been transparent with my reads this entire game. I have shown my work. I do not even know where this accusation comes from and it is incredibly bad faith.

Onto the cult pick question -

As I said, I would explain. As I also said, or at least I think I said, you may take away something different from the answers. I think I have a pretty good baseline in this game now.

Those of you who speculated that cult would just lie about picking cult, you're probably right. You're also right that most mafia probably lied too. How does that help us? Well, that means they would have to answer no to the question. This automatically puts the most likely cult candidates into one group - the no group. Furthermore, I think that mafia are also likely to lie about having cult picks. Why? Because if they say they did pick cult, they are adding that additional layer of suspicion. For this reason, I think that mafia also answered no. They did not want to have to combat accusations of being scum or accusations that they could be cult. Townies in this situation are always going to say yes.

Ok... but your no group is still big, gobble. Is that all we can derive from the answers?

Short answer: No.
Long answer: I think how certain people answered is telling. TemporalLich answered with a yes almost automatically. As the leading wagon with several people calling for his head. I do not think cult does that. I do not think that mafia does that either for the reasons stated above. I was townreading Temp for his frustration earlier in the game and with that answer, I think he is more likely town than not town. KidAmn was the next person to answer. He also answered yes, but in a more indirect way. The indirect way itself is suspicious, but the fact that he answered it after Temp answered yes, I think is also town because it would just add unnecessary attention to himself.

Now we get to the juicy bits.

The next person to answer the question was actually Hectic. But he did not answer it (despite reading and knowing I had asked) until I said that I had gotten two townreads. I think he saw that I was townreading people for answering the question and so he tried to also get that town credit. Moreover, I think it is incredibly scummy to skip the question the first time. It looks like a scumcluck buying time to see what they should say. I will use this reasoning for two additional individuals who did the same thing - Gamma Emerald and NMSA.

For these reasons, my top suspects are Hectic, Gamma Emerald, NMSA. Hectic I could see being town because he is active in the game and appearing like his solving the game. Gamma Emerald and NMSA, not so much. That said, I do not like how he is going with the flow of the town and suddenly scumreading me when he was townreading me earlier.

An additional reason I think Gamma is sus, and I admit that I was scumreading the slot before his answer to this question, is that he apparently did nothing with his early game question about neighborize, cop, vig. I do not see any strong reads he got from it one way or another and ironically it very much looks like the thing I am being accused of - looking like he is trying to solve the game.

VOTE: Gamma
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

^I like everything in this post except the vote for Gamma. Thank you for making me actually read a wall post, gobble. I almost never do that because they get boring after the opening 2 lines.. or the opening paragraph at best.

I can't even nitpick the logic used in there. I just don't think Gamma is scum here and
precisely
for the reason you think he is scum for. The fact that he thought to ask alone makes him much more likely town. What he does with the answers.. well, let me put it this way: I wrote down everyone's answers and I will hold people liable for them.. when we do have flips. For example, I said I'd neighborize Gamma, and here I am defending him too. If Gamma flips red then you have every right to suspect me (hypothetically assume that I wasn't mod-confirmed here, as I'm just giving an example for the sake of illustration).

BUT.. here's the thing: I can guarantee Gamma is Town TODAY, but can't tell if he would be culted tomorrow (you're talking about cults so I ahve to consider them, and especially so since you correctly noted it's a Korina game). As a matter of fact, I cannpt guarantee >I< won't be culted tomorrow. My mod-confirmed status only lasts me for the rest of today, UNLESS we find out there is no cult. (Some would use the inverse logic that I'm mod-confirmed until we get a cult flip, but I say cults are too dangerous not to consider in the opening 2 days. After that I guess it's too late unless the cultists commit suicide if the the recruiter is dead, and I have no idea how cults work in GIM).

So, anyway.. I think I would rather vote NMSA here

VOTE: NMSA

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

That's funny! I just found out I was already on NMSA anyway! :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Gobbles chance of being cult tomorrow is pretty high
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by ofrhz »

I don’t think mafia/cult would have lied about their picks because they can just be cheeky and argue they got a role from a different card

But I like the analysis on temporal
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Gamma is my only townread from the TL wagon

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:45 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

What about me Gobble

I said I did not have a cult role

Where does that place me in your sorting
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:12 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 938, Korina wrote:gobbledygook replaces gobbledygook, effective now.
have you read yet? Your slot is suspected of being scum
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Post by pisskop »

Also, please claim and continue our popcorn. I hate it when our games get held up like this.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:28 pm

Post by Hectic »

great stuff gobsie
completely agree about Lichy
thanks for coming back
good point on me
you're like a Big Bad Wolf
and i'm the straw that you're blowing down
but just the truth
didn't pick any cults
sorry about delay

welcome back to the PoF
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Post by Hectic »

kid kid kid
kid kid kid kid kid

the point is
there was no indication you were scumreading me
when i added you to my PoF
hence why not an OMGUS
so why call it that?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:29 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 958, ofrhz wrote:Gobbles chance of being cult tomorrow is pretty high
This is probably true which is why if I am culted I will immediately out the cult.

That’s in addition to the bad play of culting a highly visible player.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:32 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 961, Inferno390 wrote:What about me Gobble

I said I did not have a cult role

Where does that place me in your sorting
As my analysis states, all people who answered no are more likely to be mafia/cult. This includes you. I think the really telling reveals were the ones who ignored it and then answered it.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:36 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I disagree with the Gamma town reads, but I guess we can revisit him later

VOTE: NMSA[/unvote]
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:59 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

Ok, that's a good post. Gobble is back to null/town. Still don't see why peoplebare abandoning the TL wagon, since he's by far still the scummiest. The reason I didn't answer immediately is that I though gobblenwas likely scum looking for cult.
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:07 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:21 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Wow. One of those rare moments when I read a wall post and end up disappointed there wasn't more (I'd want to hear your thoughts on everyone else's claims. Except maybe Turin since they seem to have just, uh, disappeared.)

Are we actually mass-claiming today?

I'd want to lynch within the following:
- NMSA: Might be scum for reasons I explained in the sliver thread, that I can't give here without revealing NMSA's role. Read-wise I guess they're null for me though
- Chennis: I do hope their absence has been purely because it's day 1. That said, we do have a flip and a good amount of content to sort with, so that really shouldn't be an excuse
- Turin: Turin somehow has fewer posts then Chennis and I didn't even notice that until just now. That's, not great.
- DEB? ofhrz?: I have no experience with them (At least as far as I know), but if someone can convince me that one of them is probably scum then I'll be okay with lynching there.

I don't want to lynch any of the following today:
- Almost50: There is no scum Innocent Dayvig. Guaranteed to be town unless recruited by cult on a later night.
- Gamma: I'm fine with accepting Almost's read on Gamma
- Temporal, pisskop: I get the feeling both of these can be sorted later in the game; and I don't see anything that strikes me as making them likely scum.
- gobbledygook: I'll believe your claim of cult cop. I'll also note that your possible alignments as a cult cop are Town, 3p (wins when Cult is dead), or... Cult. At least two of those roles also guarantee that there's a cult.
- Inferno, KidAmn: Not today's lynch, at the very least. Will be able to sort later.
- Hectic: I've come to the conclusion you're town.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:32 am

Post by TemporalLich »

I have a feeling gobble is town, I am inclined to believe is town-motivated.

NMSA however isn't town, but I want him to explain .
time will end
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:34 am

Post by Korina »

v
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:34 am

Post by Korina »

>
Last edited by Korina on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B