Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

In post 48, Spartan117 wrote: 2. If someone votes themselves and others jump on the wagon and vote him, what does that say about their alignment? What was the alignment of this player in your last game?
Nothing, but it’s anti-town to start the wagon. The player was VT, self voted and did nothing but made him look scummy. The next day he self hammered. UNVOTE:
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 45, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 38, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 37, AaronFrost wrote:Why do you want teacher to claim? Do you intend on lynching him today?
I have no desire for teacher to claim unless he needs to, but I have 0 alignment reads so far, so I have no issue with hammering anyone here provided I think they are scum.
Also to point out my use of the world "here" was probably not optimum, as I can see why it may sound like I'm referencing the page we are on while I was referencing the game we are in.
It was the user of the word 'here' that led me to believe you were okay with hammering someone on page 2.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 48, Spartan117 wrote:Saladmans reaction felt very much like scum trying to hope on a wagon, as an SE I expect more from you than your response in #46, I would have hoped more experienced players would understand the full motive behind that game advancing content, no comments on any of the other people who are on Teachers wagon?
I can agree with Salad's vote feeling opportunistic, but what exactly do you expect from him given his status as an SE.

What do you think about teacher's reaction?
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

Salad why did you unvote?
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

Don’t wanna risk a mislynch, much like Mini 2099.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:10 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.02

Before the smartphone, there was the ipod, and before that there was the discman, which was preceeded by the walkman, which was created around the time of the boombox, and before the walkman there was...singing? what did people do when they wanted to have a personal soundtrack in 1926? it was just singing, right?

I was reading some old newspapers and found classified ads for people selling their used pocket phonographs.

Apparently, even 94 years ago, you could inflict your musical tastes on the outside world while sitting on a park bench without resorting to singing. You can see one in action at the link and read some more about it.

[also between the boombox and the pocket phonograph there were transitor radios invented in 1947. being able to bring music with us everywhere we go feels so recent but it's really not]

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Saladman27
(2): Chibiie, Spartan117
teacher
(2): Dongempire, GeorgeBailey
Spartan117
(1): AaronFrost
AaronFrost
(1): Yodavader
GeorgeBailey
(1): teacher

Not Voting
(2): Merfin, Saladman27

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-10-07 09:00:00).

Mod notes:
[/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Post by Donempire »

teacher is a pretty relaxed player overall so i dont think the response is telling.

Salads response of course views things from a very flat angle, i know that spartan wasnt trying to get a quick mislynch. Though i am happy the game gained traction, i cant townread spartan for it because either faction could do it. I think aarons reaction to the vote is also pretty bad, it reads as though hes more concerned on where he is at when/if a lynch occurs rather than getting a scum lynch through. The whole convo reads like TvS and if i had to pick a side i'd say aarons the goon here.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 50, Saladman27 wrote:
In post 48, Spartan117 wrote: 2. If someone votes themselves and others jump on the wagon and vote him, what does that say about their alignment? What was the alignment of this player in your last game?
Nothing, but it’s anti-town to start the wagon. The player was VT, self voted and did nothing but made him look scummy. The next day he self hammered.
Anti town doesnt mean scum, and thats what you are insuniating with your vote on spartan. Either that or you are pushing him on no premises other than self voting might be bad in rvs?
I mean, if people are jumping on a self vote and hammering in rvs you should be focusing more on them rather than the person making a joke vote.
Formerly Dongempire
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by Chibiie »

AaronFrost wrote: Yup. Its to keep the game balanced and ensure that everyone gets to play. Also so the randomness factor is minimized and scum dont get lucky/unlucky kills.
Are you anxious to chat with your scummate, and thats why you're asking?
I appreciate your help :)
That question can lead to a perfect scum-read, but that only depends on the scum reaction, however, I must ask you, how would you answer that question as Town? :?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Post by Donempire »

That was me, not aaron but no problem.
I would say "yeah, cant wait." Its a bit of a loaded question but i am gesting so however you answer that is fine, so long as you answer it naturally.
Formerly Dongempire
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:04 pm

Post by Chibiie »

In post 59, Donempire wrote:That was me, not aaron but no problem.
I would say "yeah, cant wait." Its a bit of a loaded question but i am gesting so however you answer that is fine, so long as you answer it naturally.
I'm trying to get used to this forum and reply system...
Haven't been browsing a forum in a long time, sorry.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:35 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 52, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 48, Spartan117 wrote:Saladmans reaction felt very much like scum trying to hope on a wagon, as an SE I expect more from you than your response in #46, I would have hoped more experienced players would understand the full motive behind that game advancing content, no comments on any of the other people who are on Teachers wagon?
I can agree with Salad's vote feeling opportunistic, but what exactly do you expect from him given his status as an SE.

What do you think about teacher's reaction?
With SEs I feel with more game experience comes more thorough reads, as they will have seen situations in previous games to draw their experience from. I felt (like Dongempire stated in #57) that he was trying to push an agenda of me being scum for doing something anti town when I feel it is not alignment indicative. So not completely accurate pressure but pressure all the same which I welcome, and I see as a townie thing to do, because its much harder for scum to apply pressure and find reads when they know who is town and who is mafia.

@Plotinus could I request a Prod on GeorgeBailey and Merfin, thank you
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:16 am

Post by Saladman27 »

My “experience” in my 5 games, 1 being a mod, was I’ve always fell short in my reads. That, and it’s been 2 months since I actually played a game, I spent the last month modding a game.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 61, Spartan117 wrote:
@Plotinus could I request a Prod on GeorgeBailey and Merfin, thank you
In post 1, Plotinus wrote:
Activity
- You must post at least once every 36 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
Merfin has been prodded early on request. They have (expired on 2019-09-29 17:52:00) to post before this counts as an official prod, and (expired on 2019-09-30 20:56:00) to post before I start looking for a replacement.

GeorgeBailey has been prodded early on request. They have (expired on 2019-09-29 22:10:00) to post before this counts as an official prod and (expired on 2019-10-01 01:05:00) to post before I start looking for a replacement.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by teacher »

I’m hating the slowness of the game. I’ve got like 2 reads out of rand and we are a couple days in. Let’s try some getting to know you questions to hopefully start things off into the week. All slots kindly answer.

1. What is your experience at Mafia
2. How do you play as town
3. How do you play as scum
4. What do you think gives away a player as scum or town
5. Time zone/standard posting times
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 64, teacher wrote:1. What is your experience at Mafia
1. Appr 20 games, mostly here but a couple on another site.

2. I effort obv-town, but Have less time when schools in session.

3. I effort obv-town :lol:

4. I use tone more than I used to. I also motivations, probabilities, and associations. For each post, I try to ascertain the motive behind it. Does it seem town-motivated or scum-motivated. To be sure, both town and scum have similar objectives, but they arent overlapping. Town is not as afraid of being lynched, because there will be a mislynch at some point; scum knows that their death is 50% of a loss. Town wants to out real analysis to advance the game; scum wants to repeat information that everybody knows so they can appear to be helping without actually doing it. Another key area of difference is in probabilities. Here, I cant say it much better than a strategy article from the Wiki (link). I'll speak more on associations tomorrow if Im still kicking.

5. Late night/early morning nyc time or mobile fun in free periods
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 60, Chibiie wrote:
In post 59, Donempire wrote:That was me, not aaron but no problem.
I'm trying to get used to this forum and reply system...
Haven't been browsing a forum in a long time, sorry.
Use the links. If you want to quote a whole post (as here), just hit the quote button on the top left of the post. I’d you want to quote only part of it, highlight the relevant text first, then click the same button. The advantage of using them is the automatic links the system codes so that we can go back and see the original material.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 61, Spartan117 wrote:something anti town when I feel it is not alignment indicative.
I disagree. You took the randomness out of RVS, by denying agency for your vote and not voting another slot. Both actions suggest sensitivity to how you would appear. It could reasonably be seen as AI.

Outside of that, I have mixed feelings on you. Like I liked the pressure move on my slot, but not the reaction to Frosts question (which did read to me as being ok with a page 2 hammer “here” though I recognize you disclaimed that). I also like the drive for participation, though it could be lamisty.

Ultimately, I TL you despite these pings because I don’t think scum would be poking the thread in the way you have; they’d rather let it skate along quietly. The wIM I see is outweighing what may simply be playstyle differences.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 2, Plotinus wrote:You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk
at any time
In post 35, Donempire wrote: Are you anxious to chat with your scummate, and thats why you're asking?
Dude, you’re an SE - at least try to know the setup or not create this level of wifom (and yes, I’ve seen decimal make this exact ploy before. Not sure I like it here.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by teacher »

Decimal = scum. Interesting autocorrect.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 34, Donempire wrote:people used to post ic walls
FWIW, post is the IC wall that had become pretty standardized at the time the role was phased out.
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

1. 4 games
2. Try not to get lynched, make up shitty reads.
3. Never rolled scum before.
4. Something I call the Crunch read, a certain player, whom I’ve played with, started to become extremely aggresive when everyone was onto him. For town, obvtown for me would be a player who’s extremely bad, scum tend to make slip ups not huge mistakes.
5. AEST, currently I’m active all day from late morning to late night.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 64, teacher wrote:I’m hating the slowness of the game. I’ve got like 2 reads out of rand and we are a couple days in. Let’s try some getting to know you questions to hopefully start things off into the week. All slots kindly answer.

1. I used to play a decent amount about 10+ years ago on the WotC forums. This is my reintroduction game.
2. Make really bad reads and try to understand people's arguments, but tend to lurk a lot because I don't know what to say.
3. Make really bad reads and try to understand people's arguments, but tend to lurk a lot because I don't want to out myself. Though in my first game ever, I did roll scum and I played the noob card (WIFOM) to win.
4. Tend to jump the reactions and try to quick start a bandwagon.
5. Currently deployed, so mostly in the afternoon here, but at night for you guys. I'm in the Philippines right now.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

Sure I'll bite at the questions. Been working on schoolwork all day today so haven't been around much.
In post 64, teacher wrote:I’m hating the slowness of the game. I’ve got like 2 reads out of rand and we are a couple days in. Let’s try some getting to know you questions to hopefully start things off into the week. All slots kindly answer.

A handful of games on MafiaScum. A few irl games of Ultimate Werewolf here and there.

I usually observe, ask questions, pressure those I find scummy and generally obvtown it up. I have yet to roll a PR so no clue how I'd play if I did. Probably try to be less obvtown if I was a PR.

If my only scum game on here is any indication, badly. But seriously I try to emulate my town playstyle.

Scum will tend to push an agenda more than town will since scum already knows everyone's alignment. They'll also appeal to the crowd by posting things that appear townie on the surface, but don't fit the game state or just aren't very helpful. Town players will question and observe and more than likely change their reads often. Townies in general should also be less afraid of how they look and more focused on either hunting scum.

EST. I'm in university and work part time so whenever I have free time really.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by Donempire »

Timezone is bst +3