Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:17 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.06
Migrating fish have trouble climbing over dams. Fish ladders are pretty hard for fish to use, but salmon cannons seem to work pretty well, and they are easier/cheaper to construct than fish ladders.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Spartan117
(2): Merfin, Chibiie
Dongempire
(2): teacher, AaronFrost
Saladman27
(1): Spartan117
GeorgeBailey
(1): Yodavader
teacher
(1): Dongempire
Merfin
(1): GeorgeBailey

Not Voting
(1): Saladman27

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-10-09 09:00:00).

Mod notes: Dongempire is V/LA until 6 October.
[/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by teacher »

My second preferred lynch is now Merfin. Im definitely open to Yoda or George. I think Chibi has replaced Yoda on my weak TL, because I dont see newb!scum actively pushing no lynch nor saying their votes were intentionally trying to derail a lynch.
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:26 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

I agree, we need to lynch anyone today, rn I honestly don’t care if it’s a mislynch today, info is better none. So let’s spice things up.
Using random.org I will vote one of the top 2 wagons.
Heads = Spartan
Tails = Dong
random.org says
Tails

VOTE: Dong
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:23 am

Post by Yodavader »

I am willing to take a chance at hitting scum on a lynch day. Worst case scenario, we hit a PR but we gain info by who voted for who and who abstained, as Spartan said here (colorization for emphasis)
In post 158, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 155, Yodavader wrote:
In post 152, Chibiie wrote:
-snip-

I'mma be straight honest here, I'd rather be killed in Night 1 and have my death help Town track down the Mafia than have a mislynch D1.
-snip-
I have always gone with lynching, even if it's a mislynch. IMO, a no lynch doesn't give as much information as a mislynch.
I agree with yoda here.
With a lynch whether it be town or scum thats lynched, you get to see the journey to it, giving you information on those who pushed it, those who didnt and stayed off, and everything in between.
With just the night kill all the information you get is the persons role and half the alignment of the convos that person had with other people which anyone can say it is just a TvT argument without the pressure, with a lynch you get the reactions of the person lynched and all those involved
, so for Chibiie to go through the effort of avoiding lynching is anti town imo, not sure yet if its necessarily scummy, I want to know what everyone else thinks on this.

When you admit to everyone that you are trying not to lynch anyone the weight of your words to them and your vote lose a lot of value and pressure.
Next scenario is we hit Vanilla Town. Again, same info as above, but this time, we keep our PRs.

Best case scenario is we hit scum. Again, same info as above, though this time, we can try to find out if someone was defending/avoiding said scum. And it's now become 1 vs 7.

So yes, I would gladly mislynch vs no lynch. And lynching is really the only weapon that town has against scum. If we are afraid to use it, they have already won.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:45 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 149, teacher wrote:Salad is a townread by meta. I have played with them or modded them at least twice (cant remember which) and they tend to be lynchbaity town. His tone and acknowledgment of this do not strike me as hiding behind meta, but rather trying to help through it. His activity levels alone take him off the table for me in this game which is struggling for content.
What do you think of this in relation to his most recent post in #177

If this is what his townmeta looks like what does his scummeta look like, how do they differ?
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:49 am

Post by Spartan117 »

Currently alignment read is roughly as follows.

Town
Plotinus

Aaron/Teacher

Chibiie

Yoda/George

Merfin

Dong/Salad
Scum
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:50 am

Post by teacher »

Never seen him scum.

117 is gross af.

I’m in school so pretty limited
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:58 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 181, teacher wrote:Never seen him scum.

117 is gross af.

It stinks right? or am I just missing some sort of meta where he acts all random looking for a lynch.

My issue with you putting things down to his townmeta especially now I know youve not seen his scum meta is what if they both look the same, what if this is scumsalad?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:27 am

Post by Plotinus »

Merfin2 has been prodded. They have (expired on 2019-10-04 10:27:19) to post before I start looking for a replacement.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:44 am

Post by teacher »

it was also his pet in keeping the game alive over the weekend and in the early week.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:46 am

Post by AaronFrost »

117 is gross af.

You don't like your own post? Or are you referring to 177?
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 182, Spartan117 wrote:

117 is gross af.

It stinks right? or am I just missing some sort of meta where he acts all random looking for a lynch.

My issue with you putting things down to his townmeta especially now I know youve not seen his scum meta is what if they both look the same, what if this is scumsalad?
I do agree that this is weird for this late in the day. Basically doing RVS now and with no content especially with all the new talk that's been going on is definitely anti town.

My bottom 3 are Dong(maybe), Salad(more than likely), George(more than likely).
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:57 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Teacher pretty much laid out every reason why we should lynch somebody today, and every day going forward. I flip is going to give us more information than just doing nothing and waiting for scum to kill someone. It also increases our odds. We have a 22% chance of lynching scum today. If we don't lynch, and the mafia kills someone, then that chance becomes 25%, which isn't much better odds. If we do lynch, and the mafia kills someone , we have roughly a 28.5% chance of lynching scum the next day which is a little better. That'll turn into a 40% chance on Day 3 assuming we don't lynch scum on either of the previous days. Basically if we no lynch, we only stall the game and sell ourselves short of information. If we do lynch, we have two flips that we can potentially work with plus there is always the chance of catching scum Day 1.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:01 am

Post by AaronFrost »

That being said, I think Chiibie gets some town points for bringing up the idea. I can see why scum would want to push a no lynch but I think it's more likely that newbie town would think that no lynching is beneficial (heck I had the same thought process in my first game). Chiibie seemed to bring up the idea with good intentions so I don't think it's scum motivated.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:02 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Apologize for formatting and spelling errors. My internet has been cutting in and out for the past couple days so I'm posting this on mobile.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:06 am

Post by AaronFrost »

117 is gross af.

I think Salad mentioned earlier that he's never rolled scum before so he doesn't really have a scum meta. I could see scum Salad playing to his meta of being random and lynchbaity and us shrugging it off as just "that's his meta"
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:15 am

Post by teacher »

In post 185, AaronFrost wrote:

117 is gross af.

You don't like your own post? Or are you referring to 177?
177. Fat fingers little screen.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:01 am

Post by teacher »

117 is gross af.

This is in fact off-meta for him; he has been somewhat more active/involved in discussion/open about randomness than he was in Newb2080. So Im not putting it down to town meta.

Its more that I expect him to be lynchbait, so Id rather hunt elsewhere today because he is a slot that I think gets solved through progression/interaction/investigation more so than others.

I townread him for keeping the game alive, but that has faded a bit in the last couple reallife days. I could compromise there, but would much rather get Dong through for actual scumtingles and I dont want to let attention off his slot simply because hes not posting.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:29 am

Post by teacher »

can I get a merfin Prod when you get a chance
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:34 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 183, Plotinus wrote:
Merfin2 has been prodded. They have (expired on 2019-10-04 10:27:19) to post before I start looking for a replacement.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 am

Post by teacher »

D’oh.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:37 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 149, teacher wrote:
George was a scumlean because of and . I don’t like the “no reason now” – it implies there was a reason before.¹ The only reason I can come up with is pressure. But if that was the reason, there is no reason not to vote another slot, as I said in 81² . So there not consistency in approach. The same is true for the 82-111 sequence. In 82³, George votes Spartan for making what the board had
already
established was a pressure vote, but then takes the same action himself (pretending to just realize the pressure thing). I will say that I have reevaluated this slot, however, and think it should be higher.
1. The reason was RVS. I guess that defeats the purpose of "Random" if there's a reason, but... that was pretty much my reason. And since you were almost voted to L-1, and the RVS stage was done, I just unvoted.

2. 82 was more of a prod-panic, I was just voting someone who I thought did the most sus move over that week. And voting someone to L-1 seemed like a scum move to me at the time.

3. 111 was straight voting for pressure. I kinda noticed there wasn't much on Merfin, so I wanted them to talk a bit.
In post 151, Spartan117 wrote:
GeorgemanBaileyman here in what I can only read as a post where he starts by telling everyone hes been lurking which is a slight wiff of alarm bells there but I could also see this being down to newish town who is still learning what is good and bad hence thinking that I hammered teacher when I put him to L-1 but it seems GeorgemanBaileyman
Lmao, but regarding this, I just mixed up the terms L-1 and Hammered. I realize now, that lurking is seen as scummy, but earlier in the game, I didn't really have a clue what to do for meta, other than RVS. Which is like every Mafia-Style game i've played.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:28 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

As for current reads:

Georgemanbaileymanman :good:
Spartan, Aaron
Teacher
-----------
Yoda, Dong, Chibi
________
Merfin, Salad

_________________________________________________________________________________
Brief Explanation:

Spartan:

Has been pretty active, trying to get the game moving. Trying to get lynches.
I feel like scum would want the game to stagnate, as oppose to doing outrageous stuff.

Aaron:

Generally asking questions, putting forth info. Doesn't seem scummy, seems more townie.

Teacher:

Ok, so while I do think that Town would like the game to progress, I think you're making mountains out of mole hills with post 150.
The Werewolf claim sounded more like a joke, post 34 seemed more like a taunt in jest, 74 seemed like a lazy response, (as with 134).
But your claims don't seem baseless, so I think you're town looking too hard.

Yoda:

While I do find it pretty odd you're voting for me, I think you're probably town.
I feel that mostly from post 96

Dong:

I feel like his callout post on Teacher was a bit unfair,
Even if you're experienced, how can you measure the volatility of a newb game? He was about to be hammered n1 for no real reason. Which would probably be pretty bad for an SE.

Chibii:

Although suggesting that there shouldn't be a d1 lynch seems scummy, It sounds like it was just a misinfo play, rather than a play trying to stall the game.

Merfin:

Honestly, you seem the most sus because of just a few reasons:

1. 89 was a very strange vote. This was WELL over RVS and he gave no reason to vote dong (except for his name, which is a non-reason).
2. Your activity so far was just to jump on the wagon on Spartan. And to RVS Dong.

Salad:

I think Salad is Scum simply because of his newest post.
Using a Random number generator to choose a wagon, seems really scummy, I get that it was to "spice things up" but I feel like scum would hide "Randomness" into their votes. Just as an excuse to vote someone without an actual reason

Also:
Spoiler:
Isn't provable Randomness against the rules?

_________________________________________________________________________________

I feel like we're past voting for pressure too, I feel like most people have had their voice raised enough to evaluate. And I think it's either Merfin or Salad. I'm keeping my vote on Merfin.
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Saladman27 »

I used randomness because of my indecisiveness. May I ask why you’re keeping your vote on Merfin?
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:43 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Because I think Merfin is safer choice over you.

Plus, 122 doesn't make much sense, wouldn't we know that we're on a team? Why would I vote him?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”