Micro 892: TemporalLich's Micro Normal [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Menalque »

Can’t remember why kori and no kill made sense to me as a thing to link together tbh I’m kinda drunk

It’ll come back to me
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Menalque »

Explain how my positioning around chem looks worse to you post flip?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Vex Vience »

why does scum have to explicitly no-kill here mena? what does scum gain from doing so?
not only that, theres four other possibilities that ur just not looking at:
- theres a doctor, and they targeted whoever mafia was gonna kill
- theres a jailkeeper, and they targeted whoever mafia was gonna kill OR they targeted whichever mafia was preforming the kill
- theres a roleblocker, and they targeted whichever mafia was preforming the kill
- some combination thereof
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Vex Vience »

heres some other thoughts as well:
In post 504, Donempire wrote:I got a few interesting stuff to say, but im going to wait for bella before i say anything.
no, please say it now.
In post 507, Bellaphant wrote:Happy. You?

Not immediately, no. Maybe later. I reread you, mena, datisi and vex overnight.
and what did you get from it?
In post 508, Iconeum wrote:VOTE: Bella
bad vote.
also, why are you nakedvoting bella out of the gate?
In post 515, Donempire wrote: For why i claimed masons, i thought ico would claim neighbours and get lynched somehow, and i didnt want my townread to be lynched, since i didnt think we could communicate effectively and not get fastlynched with so little until end of day, and i didnt really think i'd be able to save him at the last second.
Not trying to buddy him, i said specifically to just claim neighbours if pressure mounted because my no 1 priority there was to avoid a ico mislynch first and foremost. I think i got pretty good reactions from the whole debacle as well. Menal and vox' responses arent too much to think about but datisi rubs me the wrong way near EoD. Cant really see a town motivation in doing something like what she did.
In post 516, Donempire wrote:Im still sticking with my menal read but im not going to focus much on him today, i have around 2 and maybe 3 candidates as his partner right now so i'll be more focused on narrowing that list down.

Bella, can you make an updated readslist? Doesnt need to have proof behind it, just wondering where you stand on things as of now.
thats still a very shitty reason to just flat-out claim masons imo. it kinda makes sense the more i think about it, but its still a shitty reason to claim masons.
In post 520, Bellaphant wrote:@klick, disagree hard about the dong thing - it was pretty clear at the time what he was doing and why so his explanation has just...confirmed what I was thinking

@dong, reads when I'm less drunk. The tldr was I felt worse about mena and locke, still pretty town on datisi, ico is 99% town, I strongly want to believe you are town (although I'm anxious about your entry into today), vex looks lots worse with that flip and I'm still way too null on klick.
is that all you got from your re-read?
In post 533, Saudade wrote:I hardclaim mason
are you being serious on this or no? because im really tempted to vote you bc of that and how yesterday went
In post 541, Menalque wrote: Not loving that kori has instantly gone VLA after no kill and kinda worried that he might be trying to hardpocket me because I think there’s a good chance he takes this approach to my a lot as either alignments bc
reasons
i dont go v/la after a no kill or something like that. i only go v/la if life dictates so. and because of the fact i slept all of yesterday + the fact im on break dictated that i should go v/la.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 552, Vex Vience wrote:why does scum have to explicitly no-kill here mena? what does scum gain from doing so?
- theres a jailkeeper, and they targeted whoever mafia was gonna kill OR they targeted whichever mafia was preforming the kill
- theres a roleblocker, and they targeted whichever mafia was preforming the kill
I straight up don’t remember, this makes a lot of sense
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Menalque »

Oh wait, I just did, I didn’t mean no kill as in “Mafia no-killed” I meant it as in “that there was no kill for whatever reason”

Because I thought that was a weird thing that you’d wanna jam about and so I found it weird that instead of commenting you just went VLA

I do get RL stuff tho, but I kinda wanted to jam w/ you

Also because I have an unhealthy amount of paranoia towards you since 1949 and you haven’t been as townie as dats yet imo but you’ve taken a pretty mena!town stance I think which could be you pocketing me
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:44 am

Post by Vex Vience »

alright, what do you wanna talk about? im currently here.

#CultsArentBastard
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:50 am

Post by Menalque »

Okay cool:

(1) you seemed like you were fairly strongly TRing me p quickly yesterday. I kinda gave that a pass yesterday bc I was really focused on making people see dong!scum and I felt like anyone able to see what I was seeing was towny. Now (while dong is still very much scum) I’m a bit calmer and I wanna know how you got to town!me.

There was also a weird thing where you had me as I think your top TR but also mentioned something about maybe lynching me? I’ll see if I can find it after this

(2) what’s your opinion on the chem wagon, especially the way it got rapid pushed after dong finally started to gain momentum? Specifically, what do you think it says about klick, icon, and dong?

(3) what’s your read on bella?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 341, Vex Vience wrote:tbph, id prefer a chem lynch over mena lynch today.
Yeah, it was this, it seemed like a slightly odd phrasing when talking about lynching your top TR vs someone you’d just said you were fine with lynching
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Menalque »

Idk I don’t normally find you that measured in how you talk so I kinda would’ve expected you to say something like “uh we’re not fucking doing that today” or words to that effect
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 557, Menalque wrote:Okay cool:

(1) you seemed like you were fairly strongly TRing me p quickly yesterday. I kinda gave that a pass yesterday bc I was really focused on making people see dong!scum and I felt like anyone able to see what I was seeing was towny. Now (while dong is still very much scum) I’m a bit calmer and I wanna know how you got to town!me.
mostly based on the fact you were acting extremely similarly to how you did in newbie 1949. plus the way you were casing dong felt similar as well, so i felt pretty confident saying you were town.
(2) what’s your opinion on the chem wagon, especially the way it got rapid pushed after dong finally started to gain momentum? Specifically, what do you think it says about klick, icon, and dong?
theres at least one scum in it. maybe two, but i really dont see it being two unless {klick, dong} are scum and ico is just town.
(3) what’s your read on bella?
bella could be town here, but im not really seeing anything that scum couldnt easily fake. im kinda waiting on what bella got from rereading the game overnight tho.
Menalque wrote:
In post 341, Vex Vience wrote:tbph, id prefer a chem lynch over mena lynch today.
Yeah, it was this, it seemed like a slightly odd phrasing when talking about lynching your top TR vs someone you’d just said you were fine with lynching
it was mostly because of the fact we had 2ish days until eod, plus i really didn't feel like i could argue off your lynch at that point if it came down to it

#CultsArentBastard
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Menalque »

(1) I’m p sure you said that you read my meta as part of 1949, right? Why do you think my behaviour here being similar to my behaviour there that I couldn’t be in my scumrange?

Like the thing I’m having trouble with is whether you were genuinely able to read me well based on that recent meta or if you TRing me hard early on was TMI which is why I want you to explain your thought process there as much as possible

(2) + (3) I’m about the same on both of these. I really doubt that icon is scum, and I think klick has been town apart from maybe with dong bc I still don’t get his actions around him. I’m willing to put it down to probably just a very different approach to pro- vs anti-town behaviour and the conclusions that should be drawn from them but if dong flips scum then klick is my outlier partner as things stand

Re: not thinking you could argue off it. That kind of makes sense logically but idk if it makes sense emotionally? Just from all my interactions with you I think you have self-confidence to a fault so idk why you’d go with a lynch on your top TR bc you didn’t believe you could argue off it
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 561, Menalque wrote:(1) I’m p sure you said that you read my meta as part of 1949, right? Why do you think my behaviour here being similar to my behaviour there that I couldn’t be in my scumrange?

Like the thing I’m having trouble with is whether you were genuinely able to read me well based on that recent meta or if you TRing me hard early on was TMI which is why I want you to explain your thought process there as much as possible
rn, im personally not even sure what my thought process is. the game currently makes no sense to me and the entire fake-mason claim debacle is still just messing with me. i dont feel like ur scum here; its mostly just a gut read for me atm. id rather just stick with something and bullshit my way through the rest of the game until i actually feel like i have a decent enough grasp on the game and
then
re-evaluate the rest of the game and figure out what you are.

im not saying what youre doing is out of your scumrange either. you could be playing to your scummeta, but that gets into something else i dont really wanna argue about atm: the fact from what i can remember, your town and scum meta is just about the same. with the fake mason claim and then trying to argue that, i dont really wanna touch it. id rather just assume youre town here and move along with it so i can at least start getting somewhere.
Re: not thinking you could argue off it. That kind of makes sense logically but idk if it makes sense emotionally? Just from all my interactions with you I think you have self-confidence to a fault so idk why you’d go with a lynch on your top TR bc you didn’t believe you could argue off it
i definitely could if i were to put myself up to it. but as of rn, im really not. like i said above, the game isnt really making sense to me, and i personally just tend to stop caring/give up if i cant figure something out. plus with the fact that i just repped in, (or repped in very recently), and that i didnt really have anything solid to base things off of id rather just get confirmed information in the game so i could start figuring things out.

#CultsArentBastard
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 547, Menalque wrote:So your vote was a pressure vote that prett clearly wasn’t a pressure vote because you were never actually likely to lynch him and he had no reason to think you would?
No - if he doesn't stop screwing around now, I'm going to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt and lynch him regardless of my read on him. I'm near the point where I think the odds of Dong flipping scum outweigh the odds of town winning this game if Dong is town.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 538, Menalque wrote:“I dIdN’t ReaLiSe hE wAs aT L-1”

Said every survivalistic scum quickhammer ever
What a cringy post
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Donempire »

I've been meaning to withhold to this information and just make a silent townbloc since this does risk bella dying... but then again i already have a strong enough townbloc of me ico and bella so i think we'll be fine.

Bella saved someone yesterday, with Protection specifically. Dont know who she saved, just got a result saying she used protection. Given how the setup is ambigious i dont see why the scum would even risk no killing, so im just assuming that whoever bella protected is town. Though i did try to see if she would claim it first since i already told it to ico but didnt want everyone knowing if she wanted to lie low. So much for that.

My full role is Town Neighbour Follower. Icos role pm is still unknown for me. I think i can safely make a townbloc of us three and klick, and then sorting out the rest of the town will be easy.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by Donempire »

Kind of weirded out by icos vote on bella however, i told him she protected someone in the pt.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 552, Vex Vience wrote:why does scum have to explicitly no-kill here mena? what does scum gain from doing so?
Stop setup speccing with no information. This post gave us 0 information and is completely pointless. Play the game normally, there are a million other combinations you dont see and all are just as irrelevant because we dont know the roles.
Formerly Dongempire
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:39 pm

Post by Klick »

UNVOTE:

Tbh in that position I'd have just said nothing and made no fuss at all about Bella, and just silently assumed she was town.

Bella, if you protected anyone but Dong then this game's in a pretty good place.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:42 pm

Post by Donempire »

I guess that would be the correct play. Then again that would be a very banal play, dont you think? Its more interesting this way :)

Actually i think she protected iconeum, at least im getting some stuff that seems to hint that is the case. Regardless i dont want to say too much and just wait for bella to confirm it.
Formerly Dongempire
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Hilariously, yes, it was ico.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by Donempire »

I'm waiting for ico to discuss some things with him in the PT.

In the meantime i think a datisi/menal team is looking more and more likely. I've begun to townread vex a bit mostly because of POE but i think his posts are better than they were near the end of day, though i disagree with a lot of his reads. Even then i dont like him fence sitting on a lot of reads apart from mena so far into the day. I'll still probably flip onto him if datisi turns out to be town but seeing that is unlikely and also now that i have to read saudade again with locke replaced out i'm fine with putting him off the lynchingblock today.
Im also going to stop engaging with menal, because i dont think anything is going to come from that. I'll let him dig his own grave by arguing with other people and i'll leave him to be lynched last, so today i'll be trying to convince you why datisi is the second scum.
Spoiler:
In post 553, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 515, Donempire wrote: For why i claimed masons, i thought ico would claim neighbours and get lynched somehow, and i didnt want my townread to be lynched, since i didnt think we could communicate effectively and not get fastlynched with so little until end of day, and i didnt really think i'd be able to save him at the last second.
Not trying to buddy him, i said specifically to just claim neighbours if pressure mounted because my no 1 priority there was to avoid a ico mislynch first and foremost. I think i got pretty good reactions from the whole debacle as well. Menal and vox' responses arent too much to think about but datisi rubs me the wrong way near EoD. Cant really see a town motivation in doing something like what she did.
In post 516, Donempire wrote:Im still sticking with my menal read but im not going to focus much on him today, i have around 2 and maybe 3 candidates as his partner right now so i'll be more focused on narrowing that list down.

Bella, can you make an updated readslist? Doesnt need to have proof behind it, just wondering where you stand on things as of now.
thats still a very shitty reason to just flat-out claim masons imo. it kinda makes sense the more i think about it, but its still a shitty reason to claim masons.

We are neighbours and i had good reason to believe he was town, though its hard to solidify without directly quoting posts from the PT. I still think his early game is shining though and i'd redirect you there to show you why hes town.
Besides that i didnt want to risk a lolhammer on ico, or even a normal hammer if the neighbour claim wasnt believed. I knew i could shake off the heat but i didnt want to risk it for ico so thats what it is. I ascertain that what i did wasnt anti town however, lynching ico for being afk would have been and while im not happy we had to compromise on a chemist lynch i think the outcome is better than if we had lynched ico.

Anyway, i think i'm done defending the masons claim. I think i did a good enough job conveying what i did and why, so lets move on from that.
Vex, give me a readslist pronto. No nulls, if you think someone is null just put them on the closest alignment you feel they are as if you are completely committed to that. I need to analyze your mindset a bit.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 570, Bellaphant wrote:Hilariously, yes, it was ico.
Nice!
Oh and sorry for forcing you to claim... its my bad, i inputted the night action at the last moment too and was kind of confused for a bit... But we have a 4 player townbloc now. I think we can salvage the game from that.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Donempire »

This is where we stand right now:
We have three confirmed town:
Dongempire, Bellaphant and Iconeum.
There is a microscopic chance that the ico save was false and scum just nokilled, but its not a matter of discussion when the roles are this ambigious. Besides, me and bella are confirmed anyway you look at it.
Klick is a very strong townread.
He isnt completely confirmed but he may as well be. I wont lynch in these 4 today.

So that only leaves menal, datisi and vex and saudade.
I havent heard many a convincing argument against locke, and i liked his posting so far. I probably wont compromise on him today.
Vex is looking townier with his latest posts and i'm looking to talk with him a little bit about the game, so hes not my priority either, but i can understand if someone would make an argument against him.
So thats only datisi and menal. Both of them are incredibly scummy compared to everyone else. I've explained my thoughts on menal, but since that wagon hasnt gone anywhere, i'll be trying to convince you on datisi today. Not now, gotta take a break from the game but probably tonight.
Formerly Dongempire
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:34 pm

Post by Saudade »

If what the above is true i replaced into a very boring game
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say