Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Rakan »

In post 139, Nymph wrote:
In post 135, chennisden wrote:Nymph isnt a slot i particularly have a lean on
Generally I'm a very hard slot to read.
Which means you're a good choice for a slot to spare

IMO we shouldn't spare people we know are town, since on the neutral route we get told how many scum are within a group of people
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Xayah »

In post 137, chennisden wrote:Chemist you have to just keep rolling town dont you
Funny you say that because Chem had the worst entrance in the game.
'Let me agree and disagree with these posts while giving 0 context on why I do'
HURT: Chem
"Nice world. It would be a shame if something bad happened to it."

Gameplay account of MariaR
Rakan
Rakan
Townie
Rakan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Rakan »

In post 148, Xayah wrote:Wouldn’t getting the information from a d1 flip and then sparing after that be better? At least I think so.
I said sparing is better because it lets Toriel use her night action night 1 and remain hidden, if she were the pr. It's not really a big deal, but it's there.
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Xayah »

In post 149, chennisden wrote:This isnt meta maria its kinda obvious that asking bad/easy questions instead of actually producing content that has controversy is scummy
Yes you're right that's kinda basic mafia 101. But in the stuff you were talking about almost none of it between you/Ele flip AI to me. So I don't really know what you're talking about considering it was page 1-3 and I'd be worried if you had a lot of 'serious' questions at that point. Don't you see how much of a stretch that is?
pedit: I think that's too specific to bank on and think it's better to switch it around.

Rakan
Rakan
Townie
Rakan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Rakan »

Power role should stay hidden no matter what, by the way. It's actually counter-productive for us to spare the power role in the neutral route, since they are self confirming, and they can be killed anyway.
Nymph
Nymph
Goon
Nymph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Nymph »

In post 148, Xayah wrote:
In post 76, Nymph wrote:
In post 11, Wisdom wrote:We identify four townies and win. Townhunting is better than scumhunting and this playerlist is good for application
This is good. I like where this is going.

I think based on page 1 and 2 that chennis and Elements are probably town.

HEAL: chennis
Did I miss the memmo? How are you people reading anything Chen/Ele said as...anything? I feel like when I read into anything Chen/Ele/Oversoul are saying in regards to each other it’s like a clique talking in girl talk about meta I have no idea about. So you guys having reads on them has me ???
It's a light read and might be a bit rushed but it's like a pre page 10 read as well.
Rakan
Rakan
Townie
Rakan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Rakan »

I think numbers wise, we need to spare 3 and kill 1, otherwise we risk losing to a double mafia kill
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Xayah »

So it's basically an empty read that is subject to change. Alright got it thank you.

Rakan why did you heal Ele?

Rakan
Rakan
Townie
Rakan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by Rakan »

I agreed with their proposed strategies early

Truthfully I just skimmed the start then started thinking about what was going on later and saw that Elements was saying pretty much the same thing, so I healed him
Rakan
Rakan
Townie
Rakan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by Rakan »

And I hadn't thought of this reasoning yet:
In post 150, Rakan wrote:IMO we shouldn't spare people we know are town, since on the neutral route we get told how many scum are within a group of people
But it's fine, elements would be a fine person to spare to determine the alignment of

And before you say: "We should kill him so we get his flip" - we may only be killing one person here before the event if we're doing neutral route
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Xayah »

I haven't really thought of what path to take because really none of them seems that bad. (To be fair I haven't thought of it in detail) The neutral ending uses both mechs even though the geno ending prob seems the best. I do think we should fight someone day one though so that makes it so we're doing the neutral route. Why can't we do 2-2 is there a major dif to 3-1 vs 2-2

Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 160, Xayah wrote:I haven't really thought of what path to take because really none of them seems that bad. (To be fair I haven't thought of it in detail) The neutral ending uses both mechs even though the geno ending prob seems the best. I do think we should fight someone day one though so that makes it so we're doing the neutral route. Why can't we do 2-2 is there a major dif to 3-1 vs 2-2
If we do 2:2 with a scum spare and 2 town lynches we auto lose.
Whoever came up with the spare people we're not sure of the alignment: If we spare both scum we immediately lose.
Rakan
Rakan
Townie
Rakan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Rakan »

I don't like the pacifist route in particular since it seems there's a high chance for failure and little information
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 147, Rakan wrote:It's not necessarily bad to spare scummy players in the neutral ending, while yes mafia get an extra kill it also greatly narrows down where the mafia is, and still provides us with a clear that mafia probably don't kill if we can lynch correctly. Also, if they're town, that's a player we would have lynched that we now don't have to
isn't that an instant loss or
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 163, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 147, Rakan wrote:It's not necessarily bad to spare scummy players in the neutral ending, while yes mafia get an extra kill it also greatly narrows down where the mafia is, and still provides us with a clear that mafia probably don't kill if we can lynch correctly. Also, if they're town, that's a player we would have lynched that we now don't have to
isn't that an instant loss or
no wait I'm thinking of pacifist
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Rakan
Rakan
Townie
Rakan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Rakan »

In post 160, Xayah wrote:Why can't we do 2-2 is there a major dif to 3-1 vs 2-2
Alright let me explain this

The risk is that if mafia end up in the spared group, they get to kill two people that night.

Of course, there are people who are arguing that we can successfully spare 4 town, and the risk for us not being able to do that is we get put into a state where we have to name the mafia with no information or instantly lose.

Anyway, this happens night 4, and mafia will have killed, presumably, 3 people during the night. If we kill 2 people as well, then there are 6 players remaining alive. If we have killed no mafia, and mafia is spared, then we lose because that instantly puts us to 4 alive.

If we instead spare 3 then that leaves 7 players alive, and we get put into a situation where we know how many mafia are in 1 group of 3, and by extension how many are in the other group of 2-3
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by chennisden »

Stop playing mechanics start playing mafia zzz
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by chennisden »

This shit helps nobody with alignment solving and loses us the game

Play it by ear pls
Rakan
Rakan
Townie
Rakan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Rakan »

No

We have to understand the mechanics to understand what we're doing today.

I just outlined how neutral path 3-1 is probably our best chance of winning because it allows us to group up mafia into sections
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 108, Nymph wrote:Why are you addressing Nacho?
Nacho invited me to play a game of mafia since I haven't played in a year and half and mastina is here as well so I'm nostalgic about our game we got a scummy for. One of the best nights of my life bonding with Nacho and mastina.

Anyway, I improved my town game by stopping myself from pushing my reads, and instead push the reads my townreads have that I know are better players than me. Since I don't very much know anyone else in the playlist, I'm addressing Nacho due to familiarity. Another reason is that mastina taught me that the hardest thing for scum to do is to talk to someone directly, like personally. Scum can make a general statement talking to an audience but not often do you find a back and forth where you're hotly engaged and you can feel the conviction in both players.

So all in all, my playstyle is to push my townreads reads, and in order to get reads, I need to talk to someone personally and Nacho is someone I can most comfortably do it.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 166, chennisden wrote:Stop playing mechanics start playing mafia zzz
In post 167, chennisden wrote:This shit helps nobody with alignment solving and loses us the game

Play it by ear pls
HEAL: mastina

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 124, chennisden wrote:
In post 91, Ginngie wrote:
In post 14, chennisden wrote:Good to know ur town wisdom
its page 1, 1-10 strength of read?
Around a 2 then around a 6 or 7 now
I'm not really getting scum vibes from you so I'll just talk to you about my thought process on reading you.

At first, being really confident in a read very early is a tell my friend Pine showed me in how he would find some scum players early game. So when I did my first skim through, I read the reads as a little powerful for my flavor and was curious to see how big of a hill you would die on for the read.

Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

We definitely should not be sparing more than one PoE player
GTKAS

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by Ginngie »

chennis whats the deal with your chemist read

chemist has a lot of small talk but I did enjoy their remarks about a pocket read.

Is this more a behavioral meta read here or what

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Spoiler: Mechanics NAI
I like to think sparing 1 person and killing 3 people would be best to get as many confirmed people as possible.

Kills are flips and with 1 person, it's impossible for scum to win through sparing, and 1 person turns into a cop shot for day reveal.

If you have more than 1 member in the spare PT, then you no longer have a confirmed alignment.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”