Newbie 1959 | Stuff I Found Online Xv | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:23 am

Post by Gimm1ck »

My computer hasn’t been working properly for the past few days and apologies for my inactivity, I guess I’m on semi v/la until it gets sorted out.

VOTE: Saladman27 for the time being, will explain more later on in a few hours but just wanted to get on this.

Regardless, I would prefer a lynch over none, so I’m chill w/ dong being hammered if they dont respond, but I would prefer saladman under more pressure.

#mobilegang
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Spartan117 »

@Teacher & @Aaron, what do you guys think on how easily people are voting for dong, without any real conviction or reasoning and just seem to be following the herd, feels like scum are just happy to jump an inactive potential townie lynch, although @teacher like you mentioned it is better to lynch an inactive townie rather than an active one for later in the game. I hate lynches like this, I don't feel we learn anywhere near as much as we would with proper activity and dialog.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.10

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Dongempire
(4): teacher, GeorgeBailey, Yodavader, Saladman27
Saladman27
(2): Spartan117, Gimm1ck
Spartan117
(1): Chibiie
Gimm1ck
(1): AaronFrost
teacher
(1): Dongempire

Not Voting
(0):
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-10-09 09:00:00).

Mod notes:
[/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:49 am

Post by teacher »

In post 326, Spartan117 wrote:@Teacher & @Aaron, what do you guys think on how easily people are voting for dong, without any real conviction or reasoning and just seem to be following the herd, feels like scum are just happy to jump an inactive potential townie lynch, although @teacher like you mentioned it is better to lynch an inactive townie rather than an active one for later in the game. I hate lynches like this, I don't feel we learn anywhere near as much as we would with proper activity and dialog.
I disagree it has been super easy joining. I feel like I’ve been pushing this for days and nobody would join. So I don’t take the premise of the question that well.

Nor do I take the implication that there is an alternate lynch that well. Because there were few active players, there never really were competing/counterwagons throughout the day. At this point, anybody who got run up to lynch would be “easy” - sure many have joined Dong in the past 24 hours, but are you suggesting we abandon dong because of that simply in order to do the same thing on a diff slot?

This is a conversation we could and should have had 48 hours ago, but now it’s too late to complain about consolidation.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:54 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Makes me think that Dong is going to flip town honestly. But that will also give us a chance to sort between those on the Dong wagon.

George's hop on feels scummiest to me right now. Yoda is still a hard null for me, but his vote on Dong also feels pretty sheepy. Salad's is okay because it seems like he had a purpose for putting Dong at L-1 (trying to increase their activity level), but I'm still having a hard time reading that slot. teacher is probably the towniest person on the wagon right now, and of course I'm obviously town :D

So even though the votes in the last page are troubling, this is fine if we get a town flip. And if Dong flips scum, then that's even better because we can look at who was defending them/trying to bus them at the end of the day.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:01 am

Post by AaronFrost »

@teacher
In post 311, teacher wrote:
In post 308, AaronFrost wrote:I'd still like to hear from Dong after they get back from V/LA, but I think my vote is actually better placed here right now.

VOTE: Gimm1ck
See my quote of Dong. Theyre back but not playing. .

Agreed w/you on Spartan. I again think the three of us need to get together.

Dong>Salad>George>Gimm1ck for me.
Is this a strategy that you've employed in past games, getting your biggest townreads together to form a voting block? I've never seen that done before so I'm just curious.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Plotinus »

Dongempire1 has been prodded. They have (expired on 2019-10-08 14:14:42) to post before I start looking for a replacement.

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:08 am

Post by teacher »

In post 330, AaronFrost wrote:@teacher
In post 311, teacher wrote:
In post 308, AaronFrost wrote:I'd still like to hear from Dong after they get back from V/LA, but I think my vote is actually better placed here right now.

VOTE: Gimm1ck
See my quote of Dong. Theyre back but not playing. .

Agreed w/you on Spartan. I again think the three of us need to get together.

Dong>Salad>George>Gimm1ck for me.
Is this a strategy that you've employed in past games, getting your biggest townreads together to form a voting block? I've never seen that done before so I'm just curious.
Definitely. This is from just my last game:
In post 743, teacher wrote:Skit I think were going to need to compromise, and that slot is basically the compromise. Maybe Selynee - I need to reread todays stuff, which Im not going to be able to do until tomorrow. But Menalque is off the day's list for me in the same way that Fark is for you.
finding town is as important as findign scum. Im almost always on the D1 lynch, and its frequently on who I want to be on if you look over my games. One of several effects of being a leading poster.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 328, teacher wrote:
In post 326, Spartan117 wrote:@Teacher & @Aaron, what do you guys think on how easily people are voting for dong, without any real conviction or reasoning and just seem to be following the herd, feels like scum are just happy to jump an inactive potential townie lynch, although @teacher like you mentioned it is better to lynch an inactive townie rather than an active one for later in the game. I hate lynches like this, I don't feel we learn anywhere near as much as we would with proper activity and dialog.
I disagree it has been super easy joining. I feel like I’ve been pushing this for days and nobody would join. So I don’t take the premise of the question that well.

Nor do I take the implication that there is an alternate lynch that well. Because there were few active players, there never really were competing/counterwagons throughout the day. At this point, anybody who got run up to lynch would be “easy” - sure many have joined Dong in the past 24 hours, but are you suggesting we abandon dong because of that simply in order to do the same thing on a diff slot?

This is a conversation we could and should have had 48 hours ago, but now it’s too late to complain about consolidation.
I'm not saying Dong is a bad target to lynch, he is in my scumpool after all, i was refering more to how the people who joined the wagon did so without sharing any opinion of why they thought dong was scum themselves, I'm not saying abandon the wagon, but we couldn't have had this discussion 48 hours prior as the wagon hadn't been jumped on in such a way then. Who ever it was being lynched, I just feel like its going to be harder in D2 to evaluate the wagon when people joined it so easily.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Spartan117 »

With 7 townies and 2 scum, its frustrating that we only have what I believe to be 3 active townies :/

Out of the 10 people that can post here Plotinus is the 4th most active.
In post 3, Plotinus wrote:what's the fun in playing a game where multiple people are hardly participating?
:(
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

I'm voting for Dong for a few reasons, mainly the inactivity. I stated in earlier posts that I wanted to hear from him, before I jumped on a wagon.

And
In post 291, Donempire wrote:@Georgie im back from v/la, so if you're not voting me based ön that feel free to. Im having a hard time approaching the game is all.
was my response.
In post 299, teacher wrote: I find the fact I can’t get this wagonned, despite this
apathy
I pretty much share Teacher's view. It felt like there was no defense, no reply, not really anything.
In post 202, GeorgeBailey wrote: I feel like Dong would have a better explanation on the use of his own words.
I even said that I wanted to hear Dong out first. Which is why I held off on voting them.
In post 282, GeorgeBailey wrote: i'm gonna wait until Dong's back from V/LA to voice their opinion, then vote. (Probably Salad, but I want to wait and see.)
It was pretty much either Salad, Gimm1ck, or Dong. I'm definitely not voting Gimm1ck, because

A) Lynching a Replacement so early feels shitty,
B) I don't believe the board generally agrees he's sus, so it'd be a time waster.

and I didn't vote Salad because I trust the people on Dong's wagon a lot more.
In post 326, Spartan117 wrote:@Teacher & @Aaron, what do you guys think on how easily people are voting for dong, without any real conviction or reasoning and just seem to be following the herd, feels like scum are just happy to jump an inactive potential townie lynch
Even though this wasn't directed at me, I still want to answer it.

The three people who recently voted Dong were:

Yoda,
Salad,
Me.

Yoda stated throughout the game, that he found Dong at the bottom of his list, so that shouldn't really be a surprise.
In post 186, Yodavader wrote: My bottom 3 are Dong(maybe), Salad(more than likely), George(more than likely).
I just stated my reasons. So in my opinion, it feels like Salad is the only one who's taking advantage here. Aaron's reasons are also alike mine too, the weird meta reason to vote Teacher didn't make much sense. I defended it because Teacher thought there was some weird contradiction in it, when the argument itself was enough to criticize.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

I think the general lack of posts lately (for me at least), was the anticipation of Dong's defense. When I joined a wagon, I thought that would elicit a response from Dong. (Also the fact that the weekend just ended).
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 255, Gimm1ck wrote:
Dongempire
is conditionally
townie
only for the reason I posted above.
In post 243, Gimm1ck wrote: The way I see
Dong
currently is actually a
townlean
In post 325, Gimm1ck wrote: I’m chill w/
dong
being hammered if they dont respond
Personally, I think this flip stands out more. You vote for Salad, but don't defend Dong? You've said since the replacement you think he's Town.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Chibiie2 has been prodded. They have (expired on 2019-10-09 01:41:10) to post before I start looking for a replacement.

Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 323, Saladman27 wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:There are only 30 hours now (5pm gmt on tuesday I believe), till the deadline, can we get some traction on activity please as we need more discussion before the lynch.
In post 103, Donempire wrote:
In post 47, Saladman27 wrote:Plus, no one claims on page 2.
Bad post.
If you actually saw what spartan was trying to do there it wasnt to get a claim, nor to lynch. It was to put enough pressure for both teachers and the people on his wagons activity to rise. Scumreading him on such a thin basis is in itself scummy.
Time to do the same strat I guess, VOTE: Dong
L-1
I still don't like Salad's activity. This may be the rust in my game talking but I really haven't seen any kind of scum hunting from Salad. Just a lot of parroting and wagoning.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 186, Yodavader wrote: My bottom 3 are Dong(maybe), Salad(more than likely), George(more than likely).
Come to think of it, why did you put Dong on your Scum list?
@YodaVader

I don't think you've ever specified your reason.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:11 pm

Post by Yodavader »

GeorgeBailey wrote:
Come to think of it, why did you put Dong on your Scum list?
@YodaVader

I don't think you've ever specified your reason.
Sorry, I thought I did. It must have been one of the drafts I was making but changed my mind in the middle and went looking elsewhere.
In post 101, Donempire wrote:
In post 68, teacher wrote:
In post 2, Plotinus wrote:You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk
at any time
In post 35, Donempire wrote: Are you anxious to chat with your scummate, and thats why you're asking?
Dude, you’re an SE - at least try to know the setup or not create this level of wifom (and yes, I’ve seen decimal make this exact ploy before. Not sure I like it here.
Mhm.
Even if they have daychat its like that scum wont have any meaningfull conversation until night falls. Wouldnt you agree? Maybe thats what i was aiming for?
Okay, so here, I forgot who was an SE and who wasn't. Since Dong is an SE, he should know how quickly hammers can happen with no time to explain to others why the hammer shouldnt fall.
In post 102, Donempire wrote:Alright, i gotta make do with what i already have here.

I dont like teachers response to getting wagoned. He posts about an hour later he is at l-1 and immediatly lashes out onto aaron for not unvoting even though he isnt on his wagon.
In post 39, teacher wrote:
In post 37, AaronFrost wrote:Why do you want teacher to claim? Do you intend on lynching him today?
This is a terrible response to L-1 from somebody who is on my wagon.
Now i agree that this would be a bad post had he actually been on his wagon, and even though aaron wasnt i still have a bone to pick with it but the gist is this: teacher was panicking here.
Now lolhammers are a common enough occurence on newbie games, enough to keep an eye out or even panic at times.
However an experienced player like teacher, had he rolled town shouldnt have problem keeping calm at l-1. I feel like town!teacher here would have tried to explain the implications of a L-1 this early and panicked later. I believe that he also would have townread this at first glance.
Of course him disappearing right after that doesnt do him any favors either i dont think. Somethings wrong with his playstyle, yet i cant quite put my finger on it right now. I guess i'll have more substantial stuff later in the game.

Besides that im not liking saladmans activity. He seems to post a lot, yet almost all of them lack substance.
I'm still on the idea that anyone would be panicked if they were pushed to L-1, in a newb game, on Page 2. It doesn't matter if you are an experienced player or not. Everyone wants to survive in the game as long as they can and as he pointed out above (see bolded and colored section), this seems like the perfect time to panic. I assume lolhammers happen in experienced games too but in a newb game, the hammer could come down and there would be no time to explain the logistics of why L-1ing this early was bad. So panic in this situation does not imply scum, in my eyes.
In post 126, Donempire wrote:
In post 106, teacher wrote:Dong immediately after :
In post 56, Donempire wrote:teacher is a pretty relaxed player overall so i dont think the response is telling.
Dong now, about 39:
In post 102, Donempire wrote:teacher was panicking here.
Um, what??

VOTE: Dong
Yup, you just compounded my argument further.
You are a very relaxed player yet you clearly panicked there.
These two things dont contradict, they compliment.
See previous comment.
In post 127, Donempire wrote:
In post 110, AaronFrost wrote:@Dong
In post 56, Donempire wrote:I think aarons reaction to the vote is also pretty bad, it reads as though hes more concerned on where he is at when/if a lynch occurs rather than getting a scum lynch through. The whole convo reads like TvS and if i had to pick a side i'd say aarons the goon here.
Can you elaborate more on this?
Sure can.

At that point i thought town!you would be more concerned with trying to persuade spartan out of l-1ing teacher. Your posts seem more like you're trying to seem reasonable without taking any action, what with asking spartan if he wants a lynch. On surface level it seems like a natural enough question but definitely not the question to be asking at page 2. I think a town response would be more in line with "the fuck?"
So here, it seems like Dong was saying that a "the fuck" response is town, yet teacher's "the fuck" is scummy?
In post 128, Donempire wrote:
In post 113, AaronFrost wrote:Maybe I'm wrong here, but I legitimately think that teacher thought I was voting for him when I posted 37 so his reaction seemed genuine. He also did explain the implications of L-1 after that. I agree that what I posted there would've been pretty hypocritical if I was voting for teacher at that moment.

What 'bone' do you have to pick with 37?
Im pretty sure that teacher actually thought you were voting him. And his reaction is natural.
For scum.
Expanding on post 102 (or perhaps reiterating) an experienced town player would keep calm and explain spartan that this isnt something he should be doing and level with him. A panicking scum tries to get out of l1 as quickly as possible before a lolhammer.
I can see that Dong thought teacher made a mistake in naming Aaron in his reaction when Aaron wasn't a part of the wagon but I think honest mistakes are null.

So, to me, there is a lot of inconsistencies with Dong's arguments.
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:30 am

Post by Chibiie »

I'm currently in a location with limited access to internet and only my mobile phone, tomorrow morning I will be back and will put down my thoughts on these recent plays, I'm sorry for inactivity, I travel with work.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:30 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Alright I think it's time.

VOTE: Dongempire

I'll have a lot of people to sort between tomorrow. Hopefully we can get some more activity in here.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:31 am

Post by AaronFrost »

I'm usually one of the less active posters in these games too so you know it's bad when I have the third-most number of posts.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.11
Irrationality of 21/n for n ≥ 3: if 21/n=p/q then pn=qn+qn, contradicting Fermat's Last Theorem. Unfortunately FLT is not strong enough to prove √2 irrational.
And other excessively sophisticated proofs of simple facts.

Dongempire
(5): teacher, GeorgeBailey, Yodavader, Saladman27, AaronFrost
<-- LYNCH

Saladman27
(2): Spartan117, Gimm1ck
Spartan117
(1): Chibiie
teacher
(1): Dongempire

Not Voting
(0):
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-10-09 09:00:00).

Mod notes:
A lynch![/area]

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:31 am

Post by Plotinus »

Day 1 Lynch - Dongempire

Dongempire
has been lynched day 1. They were a
vanilla townie.

It is now Night 1. Deadline for night actions is (expired on 2019-10-10 11:30:43)

Saladman27 has not posted in the last 24 hours and must contact me during the night phase to let me know they are still playing or they will be replaced, as per . We can do short night if all 8 of you PM me saying you want that. If I don't hear from everybody or anybody says no then the night will last two days
.[/area]

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:43 am

Post by Plotinus »

Night 1 Kill - GeorgeBailey

GeorgeBailey
has been killed night 1. He was a
vanilla townie.

It is now Day 2
.[/area]

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 2.00
During the seige of Paris, mail was delivered by balloons

Everybody
(0): Nobody

Not Voting
(7): AaronFrost, Chibiie, Gimm1ck, Saladman27, Spartan117, teacher, Yodavader

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-10-17 19:00:00).

Mod notes:
Day 2 and subsequent days last 7 days, not 10.[/area]

Spartan117
Spartan117