Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1880, Bingle wrote:
In post 1878, Almost50 wrote:I also thought NSG replaced into this game
I endorse this pithy remark and/or service.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 291, Nibbui wrote:
In post 260, teacher wrote:
In post 255, skitter30 wrote:
In post 250, teacher wrote:I don’t like you :P
<3

seriously tho you don't feel right rn
also i'm now paranoid you're trying to buddy me
Again, that’s not how I approach your slot, really as either alignment tbh.

Could be Bc I just finished a four hour dinner party and am not in top form.

But a bit because nibbui as a player is outside of my read range and his domination of the early game means functionally I don’t think it has started.
i'll remember this post later maybe. depends on how things go.
Nibs, while you are around, you want to explain what this made you think?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Nibbui »

btw montosh was scum and insomnia was one of the reasons that i lolswitched to alch

i think i said this in dead pt but i wouldn't be able to handle a smug!insomnia shittalking me if montosh wagon was a mislynch. if that was to happen i would seriously have a meltdown in thread so i switched to "meh i'll vote alch today and d2 if it flips town we auto lynch montosh".

hopefully urap was sane and pretty courageous and said such a great quote as this:
If this flips green, every town on this wagon needs to come into tomorrow with their hat humbly held in their hand
then i was like

ok let's lynch montosh

and we happily lynched scum d1 only to almost lose to sky in lylo later
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 1902, teacher wrote:
In post 291, Nibbui wrote:
In post 260, teacher wrote:
In post 255, skitter30 wrote:
In post 250, teacher wrote:I don’t like you :P
<3

seriously tho you don't feel right rn
also i'm now paranoid you're trying to buddy me
Again, that’s not how I approach your slot, really as either alignment tbh.

Could be Bc I just finished a four hour dinner party and am not in top form.

But a bit because nibbui as a player is outside of my read range and his domination of the early game means functionally I don’t think it has started.
i'll remember this post later maybe. depends on how things go.
Nibs, while you are around, you want to explain what this made you think?
i don't remember tbh

i can try to deduce what i was thinking before but i've no idea what made me notice that post particularly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1896, Nibbui wrote:quote
you can hit pm in old threads and cut out the quotes to save a bit of time (and keep your name in there without messin w bbcode)
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1905, the worst wrote:
you can hit pm in old threads and cut out the quotes to save a bit of time (and keep your name in there without messin w bbcode)
This is awesome, thanks!
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 297, Bingle wrote:Hmmmm. Skitter, am I good at reading you? I can't remember and I want to get your opinion before I share my gut feels. tyia.
In post 318, skitter30 wrote:Jingle how r u reading me?
This interchange feels weird for you Skit - normally youre on the polite side and would answer the question before replying with one. Why turn it around without a response?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by Nibbui »

oh wait

maybe it was something about you avoiding giving me a read and pedaling that as a way to interact w/ other people

not sure but at least the last time i read your ISO i had thought this, especially since it was a bit recently and i had already "logical" posts for you to try at your own give me a shoot.

actually now that i think about it i more or less eerily predicted you would do this back there and i'm not a fan of the behavior at all.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by the worst »

I'll b around for ages reading and (likely silently) judging to see whether you produce some more AI content teacher - I don't have an issue w your activity level - I have an issue w the fact it feels like you're more interested in producing quirky-sounding reads than tryna find the scums & convince us on them - your hot takes have felt off-beat and hard to follow (e.g. iirc wicked town, hunt in the active posters--ok why?) rather than nuanced and original with believable trajectory
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 1905, the worst wrote:
duck are you perhaps a genius and i never noticed it???
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by the worst »

the questioning thing is like.. pro town as well but I'm sure you appreciate it's hard to tell if it's also *town*
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Nibbui »

btw now i noticed i forgot to quote egix scumposting saying that he took 1.5 hours to read wicked ISO

:thorface:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1910, Nibbui wrote:duck are you perhaps a genius and i never noticed it???
absolutely not!! my brain is the size of an apricot
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 1897, teacher wrote:I appreciate it, Nibs. Can you send me a link or name the game so I can see the temper of the 1v1 in context.
hadn't seen this

normal 2075 is the game where me and insomnia were playing and my account was Rainn.

Do note though that every alt of mine has a different tone imo so i don't think 2075 is good tone meta material for me
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1909, the worst wrote:I'll b around for ages reading and (likely silently) judging to see whether you produce some more AI content teacher - I don't have an issue w your activity level - I have an issue w the fact it feels like you're more interested in producing quirky-sounding reads than tryna find the scums & convince us on them - your hot takes have felt off-beat and hard to follow (e.g. iirc wicked town, hunt in the active posters--ok why?) rather than nuanced and original with believable trajectory
What self-contradictory shade. If you want to be silent, do so. Id much rather you interact with it (as you do in the rest of your post).

Yes, Wicked's RVS post on you felt town. It felt like he was contributing to an RVS/pressure wagon with a naked vote. A naked vote is a decently scummy move, enough to the point that I think scum would be self-conscious of it/want to include something else in the post. Admittedly, the town points I awarded this in my reread were reduced, because Wicked came back a (real-life) day or so later to justify the vote (the sort of justification that would have taken away the townpoints in the first place).

Hunt in the active posters -- Not what I said. I said I think there is an active misdirector, not to hunt there. Im voting Flippy right now, ffs. The thread just seems unreasonably long/disorganized - enough that I couldnt get my hooks in without this hours long session.

See -- I like this, it allows me to speak my mind. Having a conversation is a hell of a lot easier than feeling like Im just talking to myself.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1908, Nibbui wrote:oh wait

maybe it was something about you avoiding giving me a read and pedaling that as a way to interact w/ other people

not sure but at least the last time i read your ISO i had thought this, especially since it was a bit recently and i had already "logical" posts for you to try at your own give me a shoot.

actually now that i think about it i more or less eerily predicted you would do this back there and i'm not a fan of the behavior at all.
I think youre town. The interchange you and Skit had on Wicked was pretty good. (And again, skit gets points for calling it out in real time).

I dont have any thing approaching a high degree of confidence in my ability to read you, and will not fake it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by the worst »

allowing that wicked's rvs vote may be AI (we disagree there; I think people regularly spew their alignments in rvs without intending to and unfortunately don't think wicked did)

he voted on an established wagon at maybe ~2-3 votes. he nakedvoted which either comes from awkward scum or town who don't give a toss about how they're viewed

he didn't really present any read/stance until like a few dozen pages later - this reads as awkward to me and enforces my read on it being an awkward vote. so I don't personally really see how you come out townreading that vote.

if your comment re. active posters was a precautionary gamestate read that's fine; that doesn't really help me sorting you tho because like maybe this is my failing but I don't really have a strong op. on that atm
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1885, teacher wrote:Hey Norway, how on gods green earth did you think I was ducky?
just musing about this I think the misnaming might have been town indicative as well; I know it's a pretty odd mistake to make but it feels like he's been digesting game info and how he ~feels~ but not necessarily facts. I think scum tend to do this backwards and have a tendency to be better at regurgitating facts but less consistent with how they feel/felt abt stuff
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 361, NorwegianboyEE wrote:- The Worst (He seems very excited about playing this. If he prefers playing town then i believe he is in this game.)
This is an odd read at this time in the game (in addition to the read of me). Most of those who know duck were at least null if not mildly scumreading him at this point. Norway, can you share what made you feel the excitement, and why you thought duck's preferences mattered to his alignment?

The timing of norway's post is also interesting and felt like a little bit of beetlejuicing after he began to be discussed on the page before. This is the first real content I felt from his slot in the reread.

PEDIT: Well that's an interesting association (?)
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 1916, teacher wrote:I dont have any thing approaching a high degree of confidence in my ability to read you, and will not fake it.
i think the people with highest odds of correctly reading me here are NSG and TW but i'm not sure they are considerable odds above an average person.

people in general don't tend to misread me much i guess

i'm a relatively ~easy~ read as long as you know more or less how i play?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1917, the worst wrote:[2]he voted on an established wagon at maybe ~2-3 votes. he nakedvoted which either comes from awkward scum or town who don't give a toss about how they're viewed

[1]he didn't really present any read/stance until like a few dozen pages later - this reads as awkward to me and enforces my read on it being an awkward vote. so I don't personally really see how you come out townreading that vote.
1. I no longer do. He rejustified it a second time -- to the point that he loses the town points for a naked vote entirely.

2. I originally awarded it town points because Wicked's early game humor suggested he was not awkward (and hence not awkward scum), and so led to the more likely that he was town who didnt give a toss. That he later did give a toss took away those points (see 1).
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Post by the worst »

I think you read easy via intent and I think you intend to solve this game so I'm townbinning you.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by the worst »

@teacher fair. sorry if me jumping on stuff is ruining your method. let me know if you'd rather silent judgement, my intention was to further the conversation not overfocus on reads you don't feel as strongly about. that's my bad.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1826, northsidegal wrote:@skitter say hi when you're online
Hey nsg!
I'm online now but kinda busy tonight, wont be around super much probably
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx

Return to “Completed Open Games”