Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 2293, teacher wrote:K - what was your conclusion on the genuineness of that post?
I'm not sure if it's genuine or not. On the surface your explanation makes logical sense, but I'm not sure that it's the most believable explanation.

You said you wouldn't want to buddy skitter-town as scum, but why does that mean you would want to scumread her instead? If you, as scum, care about how skitter-town perceives you - then wouldn't it be easier to null-read her OR town read her without buddying rather than scum-reading her?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 1708, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 1682, Wickedestjr wrote:Starting to feel good about Almost50 too.
is this good scum good or town good
Town good.
-Wickedestjr
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by teacher »

I have never null read her and she is a player that cares about meta. I think Id want to scum read her becuase Id want her out of the game faster, and so keep open the possibility of going there and get others to treat her analysis as suspect. Still havent rolled scum against her so havent spent all that much time thinking about it, tbh. Just would be on the hooks to not buddy.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 2303, Wickedestjr wrote:
Town good.
From what? the seeming nonchalance?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by the worst »

actually successfully pocketing skitter is best done as a medium/long con
you basically have to spend d1 with your fingers crossed reeeeeeeeaaaaaally tight
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 2304, teacher wrote:I have never null read her and she is a player that cares about meta.
I think Id want to scum read her becuase Id want her out of the game faster
, and so keep open the possibility of going there and get others to treat her analysis as suspect. Still havent rolled scum against her so havent spent all that much time thinking about it, tbh. Just would be on the hooks to not buddy.
Is she an easy mis-lynch though? Because I haven't really gotten the impression that anyone feels that way (including her).
teacher wrote:
In post 2303, Wickedestjr wrote:
Town good.
From what? the seeming nonchalance?
That's a big part of it.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 1869, Bingle wrote:Wicked is playing this game exactly the way town approached games in the before times, the long long ago, when dinosaurs walked the earth and the molten crust had yet to cool. Sure, he doesn't look town by today's standards, but he's also not a player in the current meta.
FoS: Bingle

Bingle wrote:He's a remnant of a distant age, who hears AP and thinks, OH SHIT ANGRY PIGEON IS HERE!
:lol:
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

More tomorrow. I have a few things that I still want to say about Egix, my vote for Nibbui, and V/LA, etc.
-Wickedestjr
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by northsidegal »

haha 20 new pages wheee

now i remember why i'm washed up. every time i convince myself that i can do it just for one game and every time i prove myself wrong.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1838, the worst wrote:@nsg i don't think i've seen egix take any strong stances here except that i'm scum after i heavily prompted the exchange. :/
when i say "he didn't take any stances" in that game i mean like he took like
no stances
. even his declaration of "skitter town" among the first few posts in his ISO i found enough to be notable, so that's kind of what i'm talking about here

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

god i should really stick to alts.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by northsidegal »

DDL said somewhere that he thought i was good at reading A50 – in the first place, it's probably been
at least
over a year since i've played a game with a50, and i honestly cannot recall reading him in a game except one where he was on an alt and basically already dead and another where i knew he was scum via mechanics. that's just the history that i want to clear up – not an attempt at some kind of pre-emptive excuse or something.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm aware that i need to towntell sooner rather than later and so in the interest of doing so quickly and also to maybe help me get over whatever complex i have where i feel like i have to read the entire thread and enter as if i'm a lawyer with some full case built up (and thus will inevitable end up flaking on the thread to avoid the pressure), i'm just gonna spitball here pretty hard. expect thought spam

likely town:
skitter
egix
norwegian

scumleaning:
the worst

unsure: (literally everyone else)
Menalque
teacher
Emperor flippyNips
Nibbui
Almost50
Wickedestjr
Bingle
DrDolittle

associations i'm aware of:
worst, skitter nibbui pushing wickedest (interestingly, skimming nom's ISO, doesn't seem like much of a wagon has ever formed)
{ceejayvinoya, Wickedestjr, Menalque, teacher, Nibbui} made up the worst's wagon at it's peak (skitter's not here?)
skitter scumreading bingle

just realized i haven't unvoted form my predecessor
UNVOTE:

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by the worst »

as your designated policy scumread i'd like to help you get excited for this game~ \o/
i think ddl is kinda towny
i'm starting to get worried about that read

the things he's posting are towny but it's not like, how i expect to read ddl
he's always quiet and withdrawn and i'm starting to get worried he's posting the things he's posting because he wants to look like town

either that or it's an intuitive thought process and he's just more interested than usual

i'm not really in the mood to check rn

what do you think?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@duck, somewhere between and you went from (what seems to me) hard scumreading skitter to coming around to her being town. what changed? when i read that whole interaction between you two, it really didn't do you any favors. a lot of your arguments came across as pretty disingenuous, so i'm inclined to think that your pushback there died down mainly because skitter's push on you died down and you didn't particularly feel like poking that bear with a stick when you could just let sleeping dogs lie and skate by for a bit longer, if you'll allow me to mix my metaphors for a moment.

gonna do some quotes of that back and forth between you to to get my thoughts out there.

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by the worst »

i think skitter has kinda ~broke singleball scumrange

pedit; o hi
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:02 pm

Post by the worst »

i mean when she came out and cased me i started to feel that i really strongly believed she believed what she was saying - i think she got bored of talking to me abt the same time i realised the dialogue was quite town indicative for her
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by the worst »

"disingenuous" is probs not entirely unfair but it's a heavily weighted choice of words
i definitely allowed my paranoia to run rampant => was aware that even if skitter was scum, she probably wasn't conspiring to the extent i was accusing her of

but i do think calling her out on falsifying her reads was like, extremely valuable so
:shrug:
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so this is a point that you tried to push skitter on and this is her position:
In post 1296, skitter30 wrote:i'm not explicitly sorting for sk so much as i have two players that i don't believe are town and are probably not aligned. that still means one of you is mafia
seems perfectly reasonable to me. in fact, even in games without serial killers (which, by the way, lame that that's a possibility in this game. kinda forgot that that could be a thing in c9++) you'll often see things like "i think there's at least one scum between x and y but they're probably not aligned" or "i think x and y are both scummy individually but i don't really see them being aligned". i feel like what skitter is saying here is pretty much the exact same thing? correct me if you think i'm mistaken there, but that's how it feels.

now, it's been a while since i've been pushed as town (and indeed i'm pretty out of experience regardless) so i'm going to have to largely go with my imagination here, but if someone were pushing me with this logic, i feel like i could understand where they were coming from even if their actual scumread on me was misplaced.

instead, you respond with this:
In post 1298, the worst wrote:
In post 1296, skitter30 wrote:i'm not explicitly sorting for sk so much as i have two players that i don't believe are town and are probably not aligned. that still means one of you is mafia
if the dichotomy is valid allow that we have to remove each other from the game. lynch scummy slots as per usual, what you're trying to do doesn't improve town ev.
the dichotomy isn't valid btw i'm sickeningly aware that i'm town
i'm kind of conflicted as to what i should even call this, but i don't feel like it's coming from a place that you truly believe. if i were town in this situation, i don't think i would be saying "if you think that one of is is scum and the other is sk you should let us live so that we kill each other". it doesn't even seem like an attempt to catch someone you think is scum out on a logical contradiction – you say in your very next sentence "lynch scummy slots as per usual" which seems like the kind of thing that skitter is trying to do if she thinks that the people that she's pushing are not town?

i mean, the sum total of what you seem to be saying here (and especially the last line) is just "i am definitely town", which doesn't feel good to me. i haven't done as comprehensive of a read of your ISO as i typically like in any game or as i have in previous games where i've known you're scum, but what i can tell you is that from what i have read i have not seen anything that would put you as town – anything more than the sort of "treading water" real-time chatting with people about reads that i know you can and do use as a big part of your scumgame.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

with that said, going to take a moment to go give some more people hats

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by the worst »

sorry, I think 2319 is basically my stance on that - I don't really resent myself for pushing her slightly harder than it made sense to - yes indeed her reaction was town indicative

what do you think scum!duck is trying to do here? I'm missing something between your observation and your conclusion
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by the worst »

hats!!! <3
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

that's enough hats for now, hopefully.
In post 2322, the worst wrote:sorry, I think 2319 is basically my stance on that - I don't really resent myself for pushing her slightly harder than it made sense to - yes indeed her reaction was town indicative

what do you think scum!duck is trying to do here? I'm missing something between your observation and your conclusion
i'm not really saying that it's scummy for you to have pushed skitter in the first place or even for the strength of your push – what i am trying to say is that i believe your push on skitter was not real, both due to the arguments that you made and due to the timing of your dropping your push on her. saying that you don't resent yourself for "pushing her slightly harder than it made sense to" i feel is something of a non-sequitur to what i've been saying, but admittedly it's possible i haven't been expressing myself in the clearest manner.

regardless, that's likely enough from me on that specific subject, at least for now. even if you are scum and skitter is town i'd say i'd be well served by at least making an attempt to look at other slots in the game. i'd feel satisfied even if my only contribution to this game before dying would be to tunnel your hypothetical scum slot to death, but i think i'd feel better if i at least made some semblance of an effort to try to solve other slots.

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Open Games”