the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by the worst »

Sure, I'd appreciate that a lot more.

I also might not be expressing myself as clearly as I could. Everything I've pushed skitter on has been a genuine consideration I've had in the heat of the moment - the difference between that and a more like, new-tw push, is that I didn't slow down to evaluate the probability or her being scum at an holistic level. I'm probably playing somewhat closer to my mid 2018 playstyle effort/reaction wise.

So I can see why you find it disingenuous: it is exaggerated. But it's an earnest push, and I've dropped it entirely because that's when I've changed my read.

I see why you're confused but have no idea why you come out thinking I'm scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by the worst »

Could you link the Egix game you're hot metaing off? I wouldn't mind having a read if I feel like efforting something. :P
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

("enough hats for now" and other lies we tell ourselves)

anyways, one more thing on that subject that i did forget to mention there – what i think scum!duck was doing that was just attempting to defend against skitter's push on you. from what i can tell this was right around the point in the game where you were the largest wagon, so i'm not sure that just ignoring it was exactly something you could get away with, and if you did i can't imagine that skitter would do anything but sink her teeth in further (not sure why all the metaphors i'm coming up with for skitter all seem to paint her as some kind of scumhunting animal, but i suppose it isn't too off the mark..? it's meant to be a compliment, at least).

i think you know that skitter sometimes changes her mind even on somewhat strong scumreads if you engage her enough and/or in the right way and so i don't think it's accurate to say that what you were doing that has no scum motivation or is impossible to see as coming from scum.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:08 pm

Post by the worst »

This might sound a bit silly but I think I embraced my silliness on the 8th of November 2015.

When I'm engaging skitter in mb I kind of ask myself what she's posting in the scum pt, hypothetically. Regardless of her partners she's a logical scum player. I can't picture how she would be diarying through our conversation and I think the pacing indicates her frustrations were very earnest. Don't think scum!skitter has a tendency to dive into these conversations without evaluating what she gets out of it.

+ singleball I have a ~tell~ on skitter but it's spiritual and v hard to communicate. it also doesn't really work for multiball.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2325, the worst wrote:I see why you're confused but have no idea why you come out thinking I'm scum.
why i think you're scum probably most has to do with my last line in .
In post 2320, northsidegal wrote:i mean, the sum total of what you seem to be saying here (and especially the last line) is just "i am definitely town", which doesn't feel good to me. i haven't done as comprehensive of a read of your ISO as i typically like in any game or as i have in previous games where i've known you're scum, but what i can tell you is that from what i have read i have not seen anything that would put you as town – anything more than the sort of "treading water" real-time chatting with people about reads that i know you can and do use as a big part of your scumgame.
In post 2326, the worst wrote:Could you link the Egix game you're hot metaing off? I wouldn't mind having a read if I feel like efforting something. :P
uh, i know this is not really the best thing to say but i would honestly rather people didn't read that game. i'm not proud of it. not that i'm going to stop you or ask that you don't or anything.

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by the worst »

fair

If I was doing effort atm I'd try and determine mindset tells for Egix because I think this game has him in a certain state, not sure why I'm talking about this, I'm not going to do it anyway.

re. interactions/low presence I agree I'm not outside of my scumrange but again don't see how my contributions equal me being net more likely scum than town.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm mulling over the "defending from skitter's attack" thing -- I know it's not valid and I have a suspicion skitter/I are aware that I could manufacture a more valuable read on her than this -- but I'm also not sure if I'd expect you to think that

not a disrespect thing; very specific past game experience

I'm diving down the self meta hole smh maybe I am scum irl.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by the worst »

actually I think wagonpanic survivalism is probably an outdated scumtell on me. after lylo in undertale I try and keep it in check more, but anyway. I can see how you've reached a meta scumlean. I'll let you you do more exciting things now :p
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2330, the worst wrote:re. interactions/low presence I agree I'm not outside of my scumrange but again don't see how my contributions equal me being net more likely scum than town.
well, we could have a philosophical discussion about whether people should start as townreads and require scumtells to lower them or start as scum and require towntells to elevate them or something in the middle, but in your case i have you as scum because:
  • you are playing in a way that you have played as scum before
  • i don't believe that you've done anything to truly towntell
  • i didn't like your conversation with skitter and do believe that it should be taken as a scumtell
In post 2331, the worst wrote:I'm mulling over the "defending from skitter's attack" thing -- I know it's not valid and I have a suspicion skitter/I are aware that I could manufacture a more valuable read on her than this -- but I'm also not sure if I'd expect you to think that

not a disrespect thing; very specific past game experience

I'm diving down the self meta hole smh maybe I am scum irl.
so what exactly are you saying you'd have done as scum here differently than what you did?

do you think that i'm scum? how likely do you think it is that i'm still scum in this game?

things fall apart
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2289, the worst wrote:i feel weirdly zen abt this game as well fwiw
reasonable chance i'll be lynched; it's kinda w/e
our poe is quite good and i'm having like adequate amounts of fun

we'll win or lose by the awesomeness of the lategame town

nibs is v v town but yeah his exchange with you was
SILLY

that's right, i used the s word
Let the record show that people should remember this post if tw flips maf.
I think that it implies that his buddy(ies) is/are deep.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

there's something about "i could manufacture a more valuable read on her than this" that bothers me. maybe this is kind of a misguided "slip-seeking" newbie way of thinking, but it feels wrong to me. are you saying that you could manufacture a read on skitter that would be more realistic than your (presumably) actual real read, or what exactly are you saying?

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Post by the worst »

honestly, at the moment I'm not sure I'd bother engaging with skitter d1 if I was scum here. I think we have sufficient experience that I could delay the inevitable real-time interactions until other slots had done scummier stuff. being lolwagoned early d1 is less alarming for me now than it used to be so... probably nothing? but I haven't done much more than nothing, so don't think I should be excluded from it.

I'm not sure it's really material whether slots should start high or low on a readlist. I think you've started null and shifted from there which is how I do it as well. I wanted to try and see what struck you as scummy from me; I don't think the lack of towntelling is particularly pertinent given some of the other slots in this game. :P

I *believe* what you're saying which is nulling out what originally made me concerned about you. I'm neutral about whether you're right or wrong on Egix, if you ever feel strongly at a meta level I'll likely sheep you.

I don't think you're like. glowing town but you're no longer someone I'm actively concerned about. I also think you're on trajectory to towntelling which at a meta level is town indicative for you. I'm getting dizzy.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2335, northsidegal wrote:there's something about "i could manufacture a more valuable read on her than this" that bothers me. maybe this is kind of a misguided "slip-seeking" newbie way of thinking, but it feels wrong to me. are you saying that you could manufacture a read on skitter that would be more realistic than your (presumably) actual real read, or what exactly are you saying?
I could like.. do something that advances my slot in a more favourable way than I have.

options include
1) deciding on a read/trajectory before I engaged with skitter which preferably actually signals that I'm trying to sort her
2) just leave it alone until later

but this is pushing into "why would I look so scummy as scum?" territory which is kinda boring; I don't think my interactions with skitter are particularly telling but I can see why they may have pinged you.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Post by the worst »

I suppose "hey skitter let's sort each other d2 *does noisy things at other slots*" is a trick I've now successfully used so maybe I'd need something more profound to get around rolling against skitter?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by the worst »

I suppose I don't really know what I'd do. But I will help my self esteem if I say I hope it would be more impressive.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Northsidegal what is your read on Teacher? Do you only see him as null?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:36 pm

Post by the worst »

she hasn't sorted him yet I believe Nor :c
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2340, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Northsidegal what is your read on Teacher? Do you only see him as null?
reading the first 25 posts of his iso i'd say he's probably scummier than he is towny, but i don't exactly have a good metric for his scum play versus his town play.

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Post by the worst »

unfortunately he's probably a better late sort; better to have a baseline for the slots he's talking about than trying to develop a quick baseline for him.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:47 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@teacher
what was the last game you rolled scum in?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1477, Emperor flippyNips wrote:I’m soooooo far behind. Can anyone just give me a quick synopsis
think this is probably +town for emp

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

just so people understand where i'm at – for now i am pretty much not at all considering the possibility of norwegian or egix scum.

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Post by the worst »

Norwegian is absolutely transparently town.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Post by the worst »

I like 1477 as well actually.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:03 pm

Post by northsidegal »

{nsg}
{norwegian, egix}
{skitter, menalque}
{emperor}
{nibbui, wicked, ddl} - null
{a50, bingle}
{teacher}
{the worst}

if i'm wrong on anyone above null it'd be menalque, his is a preliminary placing

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Open Games”