[Game Over] Newbie 1960 - Deathcars

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:56 am

Post by NaCl »

Jocus Aevorum (L-3)
: SausasaurusRex, NaCl
Emperor flippyNips (L-4)
: Robbnva
Quantifiable Conundrum (L-4)
: Emperor flippyNips
Robbnva (L-4)
: eth0s
NaCl (L-4)
: Jocus Aevorum
SausasaurusRex (L-4)
: emps
Selynee, Quantifiable Conundrum
In post 322, Jocus Aevorum wrote:I think that NaCl might have been fake contributing because he stopped mentioning me soon after he pressured me to explain things that I already explained. And if he was paying attention to the thread enough to find those, he should have found my explanations.
I don't know why you're pretending to say that your explanations are adequate when I'm saying they're not.
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

In post 305, NaCl wrote:I'm most worried by Jocus, though, so VOTE: Jocus Aevorum.
Jocus:
Could you explain why you think Robbnva and Eth0s is TvT?
Where does your vote in come from?
Why are you not suspicious of Rex (because it's just one behavioral scumtell?), but willing to suspect Emperor Flippynips of just one post?
The misreps here are almost Rex-level stupid.
In post 217, Jocus Aevorum wrote:eth0s and Robbnva have been in a bit of an annoying conflict. Scum would shy away from attention.
In post 219, Jocus Aevorum wrote:I only looked at one interaction.

Where have you frequently seen Mafia who decided to go for attention? (I come from a chat Mafia meta where the usual scumplay is to hide and avoid attention while the town attacks itself.)
Do you need an essay?
In post 211, Jocus Aevorum wrote:I just want to see some more AI content from Selynee.

Wonder if she'll put some forth, though, now that I've told her.
I'm sleeping
3. I looked at Emperor's iso and pointed out an erratic change from playful to serious. I quoted one post, but don't misrep it and say it's only that post that I analyzed.
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by NaCl »

In post 305, NaCl wrote: Where does your vote in 183 come from?
-What I mean here is more asking why you think Selynee hadn't generated much to determine her alignment at that point.

Why are you not suspicious of Rex (because it's just one behavioral scumtell?), but willing to suspect Emperor Flippynips of just one post?
-No, I don't see where you've answered this.
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Quantifiable Conundrum »

In post 312, NaCl wrote:Eh, actually I'm kind of meh on QC right now, after re-reading him. I was probably getting some of his posts mixed up with Rex or something. He still seems kind of town, but I don't feel it as much.

I like his , and I don't think that he'd say (unless he was scum specifically with Flippy). In , I agreed with the point but not the tone.

For some reason I'd thought he had more posts or something, but looking through the ISO there actually isn't much.
Yeah, I'm replacing in, and I've actually found it annoying hard to keep up despite only missing the first few pages.
In post 319, Emperor flippyNips wrote:I expected at least Qc to be like “ why ya vote me”. But I guess the fact that I’m thinking about killin em doesn’t phase them
Most people aren't phased by a lone vote early on D1. Try harder.

Alright, I promised some real reads on everyone. Let me do that right now.
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

I'm not suspecting Emperor Flippynips because of one post. Stop thinking that just because I quoted one post means that I suspected him for one post. "Emperor flippyNips attempts to create a lighthearted atmosphere. He continues in a similar fashion until 200, after which (but not in which) he does not joke. This erratic change might simply be a change from RVS fun to the rest of the game, or it may be scum changing his playstyle to fit what is considered most towny. For this alone I add a finger of suspicion. Selynee does not react; this is NAI." Does this sound like I'm only referring to one post?

I could see the average scum or town as Selynee right now. I'm not going to try to do a post-by-post analysis to attempt to prove a negative.
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

also VOTE: Emperor FlippyNips
changed my mind considering that his argument with Robbnva was less argumentative
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:47 pm

• Flippy - Scummy. Tried to start up a weird wagon on me and then wonders why I'm not panicking over a single early D1 vote. It seems like an attempt to start a bandwagon or otherwise spread suspicion around. He's been here for almost a year, so it feels weird for him to expect me to react much, especially when the vote is coming from a player who recently had a wagon being run on them.
  • Saurus - Townish. I doubt someone would throw all that attention on themselves by putting someone at L-1 that early, especially since if something goes wrong, he'd be one of the people under more scrutiny.
  • Selynee - Null. Very little to go on so far (like I'm one to talk.)
  • Robbnva - Townish. He's really throwing himself out there an his attitude is unlikely to make him many friends. Not very scummy.
  • Jocus - Null. Gut tells me town, but my mind tells me lean scum.
  • NaCl - Null. 5 posts.
  • Emps - Very light scum read. I don't like with its 4 scum reads.
  • Ethos - Town due to his high activity alone.
I think that's everyone.

pedit: Jocus, I do think that Flippy's gradual change in attitude is interesting. Let me go through a few of his previous games.

MiniDeathStar, is guaranteed to be accurate, right?
I'm mostly just seeking a guarantee that Saurus is not SE.
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Alright, I've checked out a few of Flip's previous games.
search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=E ... mit=Search
His gifs are NAI.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 331, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:his attitude is unlikely to make him many friends.
:lol:

Surprising people don’t like me. Any idea why?
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 331, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:Ethos - Town due to his high activity alone.
Since this is a newbie game, you will eventually learn high activity doesn’t always mean town. It’s fine for now but don’t let activity of a player take away from your gut feeling
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by emps »

i feel like high activity = town only really applies for newbies.

also, dont say "scum wouldnt do x" because if everyone or a lot of people get in that mindset, well, uhm, scum will eventually do that said thing

scum can say/do anything theyd like, and probably will(within reason ofc like no claiming scum or like skipping nk after winning in mylo)
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by emps »

also im p much waiting for rex to like post
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

October 15, 2019 - 7:55 AM (GMT)

Day 1

Welcome back! Did you try to change the channel during the ads? You tried, didn't you? That's too
bad, but understandable. Fortunately for our sponsors, the Deathcars Race is such an important
event that we air the programme on all channels in existence, complete with ads, intermissions,
downtime between ads, I mean tracks, you know, the whole grisly affair. You're welcome, by the
way.

Now let's see what you've missed. Once again the Flipper Nipper and the Aero Vroom-vroomery
are locked in a tight chase, with the Rex, Tarobbntula and the salty rocket pilot tailing behind and
ready to unleash hell on them. The racers are about to plunge into the deep, dark depths of the
Arse of Hades, the largest, longest, narrowest, stalactitest, stalagmitest and various other types
of hazard-est, cave in the gorge. Not to worry though, there are cameras deposited in every nook
and cranny to capture the juicy details from all possible angles. Stay tuned for the dénouement!

Emperor flippyNips (L-3)
: Robbnva, Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum (L-3)
: SausasaurusRex, NaCl
Quantifiable Conundrum (L-4)
: Emperor flippyNips
Robbnva (L-4)
: eth0s
SausasaurusRex (L-4)
: emps

Not voting:
Selynee, Quantifiable Conundrum

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 actions:

October 22, 2019 - 8:00 AM (GMT)
You have (expired on 2019-10-22 08:00:00) to discuss and decide on a lynch.

MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

N
ewbie
G
ame
#

Clarification

The player list and their experience tags are handed down by the List Moderator. Game mods
don't verify anybody's SE status.

The vote count on the first page is the latest official vote count (the one that gets flavour text
and makes it to the history log), but it's not necessarily the current vote tally. You can find the
vote count up to a particular page edited into the top post. For a really really current tally, you
need to take the last vote count and do some maths. It's just part of the limitations of forum
mafia, unless the mod makes a mini-update for every single vote, which is possible but... ugh.

Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:06 pm

Post by Selynee »

In post 330, Jocus Aevorum wrote:also VOTE: Emperor FlippyNips
changed my mind considering that his argument with Robbnva was less argumentative
What do you mean as less argumentative?
In post 331, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:
  • Robbnva - Townish. He's really throwing himself out there an his attitude is unlikely to make him many friends. Not very scummy.

Only towards Emperor and eth0s though. And somewhat veggie.

Also yes on high activity doesnțt equal town. I feel that like right now, you have more to go trying to sort NaCL than eth0s.
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:57 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 335, emps wrote:i feel like high activity = town only really applies for newbies.

also, dont say "scum wouldnt do x" because if everyone or a lot of people get in that mindset, well, uhm, scum will eventually do that said thing

scum can say/do anything theyd like, and probably will(within reason ofc like no claiming scum or like skipping nk after winning in mylo)
Well, I sort of agree and sort of disagree...and unfortunately, QC just did something which I think scum wouldn't do. But I guess I won't talk on it further...anyways, QC is back to being town in my opinion.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:05 am

Post by eth0s »

Prod dodging I'll be around in a few hours
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

Less argumentative means that his conflict with Robbnva was less intense.
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

that's actually the definition of argumentative: question was a little stupid.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Selynee »

While I obviously don't underestimate the important task of telling us what questions are stupid, what I meant was what you actually understood in this context to be less argumentative: aka, you feel they let the debate die out, wanted to end it, or you disagreed with whatever he said in response to Robbnva?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:50 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 305, NaCl wrote:
In post 303, MiniDeathStar wrote: And we're back on track! While you were wasting time watching the brainless commercials, Jocus'
Hocus Pocus Filiocus move turned out to be an actual joke and he wasn't really ahead of anyone,
he just bamboozled us all. In the meantime, the M8 acquired a new pilot and he seems realllyyy
salty.
Heh, this is a pretty apt introduction (Just kidding, I try not to be salty). But yeah, I'm here, hello everyone.

My thoughts on things:

QC and Sasusursssss...Rex aren't scum together. I don't really think either of them are scum,
with a weaker feeling on Rex
than on QC. Oh, and never mind, I take back things on Rex after reading more.

I think Robbnva is probably town, Emperor might be scum. If he is, the scum partner is probably Eth0s or QC.

I'm most worried by Jocus, though, so VOTE: Jocus Aevorum.
Jocus:
Could you explain why you think Robbnva and Eth0s is TvT?
Where does your vote in come from?

Emps, I'm kind of confused as to why you thought my predecessor was suspicious, could you elaborate? Also, let's discuss why you don't like QC, since I disagree. Also, since you've played with scum Eth0s before, do you know if he tends to tunnel as scum?

Rex, why did you go after Jocus for being aggressive, and not mentioning Robbnva?

Selynee is town, QC is town, Emps is probably town, Robbnva is probably town.
why would scum!me park my vote on robbnva day 1 if we are a team
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:50 am

Post by eth0s »

wait I misread that
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:51 am

Post by eth0s »

Is your whole basis for me and flippynips team that we both had a 1v1 with robb?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:55 am

Post by eth0s »

Actually I think that nacl could potentially be buddying robb. veg slot was robb's 3rd scumread and although town!robb would be hard headed to try and lynch me if he successfully lynched a town!flippynips it's totally something he would do from my understanding of his town game. But I can see how nacl would expect robb to go for veg in the case of a flippynips green flip since logically that's what a town player would do. So buddying up to robb and calling both of his argument opponents a scumteam makes sense as far as scum motivation goes.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:56 am

Post by eth0s »

That's reliant on a town!robb though and I'm not sold on that idea. Mainly posting that for the sake of associations later

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”