Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:03 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 173, Vorkuta wrote:1- potential broken setup interactions AND "mod confirmable reveals"
2- oh ok, so we just do the usual thing that happens in every game where one-by-one, night-by-night scum kills people until endgame
in a setup where we can literally massclaim without any consequences
I think we got wires crossed here. I was talking in part about flavour claims. Still don't think it's a good idea when a number of people agree with "flavour definitely informs mechanics". It just feels like it highlights our PRs for Kira and narrows the guesses on them for name.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I also still have concerns about Kira having a flavour cop who doesn't need to be flipped to use the ability (i.e. shinigami eyes)

We have been told town and Kira both have abilities that are gated by reveal, not that those are the only abilities
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:11 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 174, RCEnigma wrote: Err I was mostly thinking it forces scum to make the lynch for us. Gives a night for prs to do there thing. Or things if multiple nights. And if we struck scum with the flavor flip they can't nk anyway.
What would that mean come D2 if there was no NK after a flip? Would said person be an auto-lynch? Scum could use that to their advantage.
I think 2 people (if any at all) should reveal before day's end. I know it gives kira more options but it also gives a potential PR to get info.

It's a risk/reward type of system. At least that's how I feel about it.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:13 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Actually RCE pushing for no lynch concerns me to. How do we know a no lynch would reveal no night actions. Most night actions you don't actually find out about unless someone says. Sure we might get no NK but we don't know who if anyone a night with no reveals helps.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:13 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 176, Mizzytastic wrote:I also still have concerns about Kira having a flavour cop who doesn't need to be flipped to use the ability (i.e. shinigami eyes)

We have been told town and Kira both have abilities that are gated by reveal, not that those are the only abilities
I interpreted it as only those who are flipped can use their ability.
In post 2, Morality wrote:
This game has a
Reveal
mechanic. Players have activated abilities when they choose to
Reveal
or
FLIP
their
Flavor Name.

You may do this by typing
FLIP ME FLAVOR
in bold, and I will confirm the Flavor Name, and post it in on the front page.

The Mafia team can only kill if they have the player name alongside the flavor name. This will be Writing a Name in the Death Note. The game is balanced around this.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:26 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 178, Mizzytastic wrote:Actually RCE pushing for no lynch concerns me to. How do we know a no lynch would reveal no night actions. Most night actions you don't actually find out about unless someone says. Sure we might get no NK but we don't know who if anyone a night with no reveals helps.
If a soft or hard guilty gets produced I'm pretty sure someone would pipe up. If that's what you mean.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:35 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I interpreted it as flips have an added effect instead of you have to flip to use your role.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Chara »

In post 173, Vorkuta wrote:1- potential broken setup interactions AND "mod confirmable reveals"
2- oh ok, so we just do the usual thing that happens in every game where one-by-one, night-by-night scum kills people until endgame
in a setup where we can literally massclaim without any consequences
1 - potential. potential. it's
potential
. you're relying on Boon misbalancing somewhere.
2 - as opposed to your idea of massclaiming right now, so that scum can still kill night by night but this time they know exactly who to kill?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Chara »

In post 181, RCEnigma wrote:I interpreted it as flips have an added effect instead of you have to flip to use your role.
i believe BEF's interpretation is correct, but i don't think this is a good discussion.

UNVOTE:
Even's reaction might be too overblown for scum but i'll consider.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Chara »

Vecna: without a direct meta comparison, can you tell me about why RC is scum here? what i mean by that is why does his play here indicate his scum self/goals as scum? i hope that question makes sense.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 am

Post by Chara »

Vork: i think you're missing that, by the mechanics we know about, everyone is effectively unkillable unless they claim. Even claiming then isn't the worst because... well, she's still unkillable even with her claim, though every bit of public information is more for scum to use to piece things together. scum being unable to remove the town voices they want to is an underrated thing. it sucks to be scum in that position.

limited reveals in order to use abilities is ok by me, with each town player at least doing their best to weigh the pros and cons. not massclaim.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:18 am

Post by Chara »

In post 133, Mizzytastic wrote:Also not sure what I make of wooper saying I could vote this but not doing it until someone moved. If I don't like wooper's case for a scum motivated #75 I would probably vote there
this post pings me a bit, it doesn't feel like you're pressuring wooper so much as displaying your intention to, and waiting for him to respond to give credence for your vote.

what did you think of my explicit agreement with wooper re: 75 and vote on Even?

also, Almost's post about why i'm town is a towntell for him, too. not saying whether or not it's accurate to my meta, but i do like how he's thinking about this.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:27 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I don't get your agreement but I like a lot of other stuff you have to say.

I want a response cos I haven't got a clue where he's coming from and if he can give me a good answer then I don't want to vote him. I guess you could tell me why you agree but then I'd be worried he'd just go "yeah, what Chara said". I don't like voting when being given an answer I like is enough for me to unvote again.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Chara »

that's fair. i'll hold off on my thoughts for now but i can answer after wooper does.

i also tend to be more reticent with my vote so i understand where you're coming from there.

i think the mechanics talk is inevitable, but it does make it difficult to find scumhunting content. i'm trying to find something to bite but right now there isn't too much.
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:36 am

Post by Morality »

Vote Count when I get off work later.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Morality »

In post 157, Vecna wrote:
Call GM: for the reveal mechanic, does it need to use the exact naming in the role pm to activate the flip? or will it also activate if its close enough to identify the character in question?
If it looks as if someone is posting in a way to flip, I’ll flip them. If it’s obvious they aren’t trying to flip, I won’t, so no, it doesn’t have to be exact. Claiming a different flavor with it, I won’t flip it.

If it looks like a true reveal statement, it will be revealed, so don’t play with it in that regard or I won’t feel sorry when I reveal.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

What I've gotten from the mechanics talk is mechanics is almost certainly behaviour indicative with the number of people who believe that, but beyond that the opinions are so different on what's likely happening that it's probably not consistent. It feels like too many differing guesses from everyone for it to be concerted scum manipulations.

Wanting to conceal stuff looks town, cos it would be so easy to coast with the mechanics talk right now, but I'm not sure the more out there plans are necessarily scummy if they can be justified.

Honestly I find Mikan's getting people to reveal 'hoods to be the grossest part of the mechanics talk. Vorkuta is so out there with his idea that it seems super bold as scum to push it.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

ebwop: mechanics is almost certainly flavour indicative and vice versa

Oh, and I'm not gonna reveal who if anyone I'm in a neighbourhood with but I asked the mod and you don't know who is in your neighbourhood if they don't talk so consider that.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 142, Vecna wrote:
In post 76, Vorkuta wrote:Ok we're getting serious now.

I propose that everyone WITH superpowers claims "yay or nay"
This is a rare opportunity to properly massclaim without the fear of being NK'd, so I think we should take advantage of it.

I'm also envisioning an N1 where literally every player reveals but we can get a pretty damn not bad solve afterwards
This clearly needs to be killed with all possible kinds of fire. I propose lava to the chest.
Deduction: Vorkuta's Town
In post 143, Vecna wrote:
In post 98, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Not even in the middle of Day 1 yet and we have gotten lazy. Can we actually try to play the game before we even entertain the idea of mass claiming?
TownLuV
Deduction: LUV might be scum
In post 144, Vecna wrote:VOTE: RCEnigma

This flat sack of potatoes can definitely be executed.
Deduction: RCE is IC level town
In post 145, Vecna wrote:Im going to strongly advise all town PR's to never ever visit me at night. Dont do it. Its bad
Deduction: Vecna is harmless to visit and scum in his hood are making him fake claim for their own convenience.

Anything else you want to add? No vote on me yet?? That's a bit odd, Mr Beavis.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 147, Vecna wrote:I fully expect everyone that was in that previous game that mislynched RCE d1 to see the worlds of difference in play and tone here. Lets make with the wagon, or ill have your reasons for disagreeing.
VOTE: Vecna

Let's have a full read list from this slot then PL it and work IN REVERSE with every read they provided.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:24 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Lol A50 is doing the thing. I don't dislike it.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, I may or may not be in a hood. If I am, I won't say which. If I'm in more than one I still won't confirm or deny it. Finally, I will not be posting in any hoods I might be in. Hoods are BAD for town. I've seen it at least twice of late (this game, and this one)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 154, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 153, Wooper wrote:oh my thing on mechanics!! anyone not in a hood should claim as such. literally "hi I'm not in a hood"
Why does it matter if apparently there are severe hoods?
Because I'm thinking being in a hood or not has nothing to do with alignment.

Leave the hoods alone.
Unless there's scum in all hoods (or all but one); this is a townie post. (If scum ARE in all hoods, it's NAI)

Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

The monkey hasn't given me a townread yet. Therefore this is his scumgame.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 164, Vecna wrote:Your mislynch had nothing to do with your play. You were obvtown as fuck but people were being idiots.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come at me
Last edited by Morality on Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”