Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 746, Chara wrote:Almost, do you have any Vork insight?
Erm.. too scummy to be scum comes to mind. Most of his bright ideas so far have been "Jester-like motivated", but I very much doubt FL would put a Jester in a Death Note game.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:34 am

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 746, Chara wrote:
In post 720, Mordhaus wrote:
In post 703, Vorkuta wrote:Oh boy
do we lynch people with negative utility or scum equity?

Decisions, decisions...
Seriously Chara? This is town?
well, it might be. Almost, do you have any Vork insight?

i really don't have ability with reading posting that is purely mechanical, i just know it's how Vork always plays.

Chemist is town because Alisae was town, looking forward to your catchup thoughts Chemist.
So... your premise is we don’t lynch the guys spouting obviously scum motivated mechspeak because he only ever plays through mechanics? So... he’s not going to get more useful, he’s not going to get more readable, and we want to keep him around why?

VOTE: Vorkuta

Tell me in the hydra pt if you have a problem with my murderboner, but I don’t foresee letting this go.

~Rockso
"Awww.... I just wanna do some COCAINE and kill some motherfuckers." - Doctor Drew
We got the Baker's Golden Baguette. You're Jelly, aren't you?
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:34 am

Post by Vorkuta »

I mean from my point of view, anyone that isn't accepting my mechanical PoV and potential solve is either
-intentionally obstinate and is clinging to site meta, and refusing to innovate given the perfect environment
-scum roadblocking/derailing/obstructing said solve

And I'm actually scumhunting in my way as I lack familiarity with the roster and the.... "patience" to go toe-to-toe with some of the more outspoken personalities here.

But sure
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

1vAll us bro. No worries.
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Evenstar »

In post 753, Bambi Jay wrote:1vAll us bro. No worries.
Like half the thread has softed already. We might as well get people to outright
state
their falseclaims.

Still very tempted to just drop my rolesolve attempt into the thread and have done with all this bull.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

Anyone softing their flavor is a dipshit since that's only for scum to kill them. Softing your role is reasonable, I guess.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 751, Mordhaus wrote:Tell me in the hydra pt if you have a problem with my murderboner
Can I have access? This push isn't valuable.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Chara »

In post 751, Mordhaus wrote:So... your premise is we don’t lynch the guys spouting obviously scum motivated mechspeak because he only ever plays through mechanics? So... he’s not going to get more useful, he’s not going to get more readable, and we want to keep him around why?
so it's a policy lynch? i'm not necessarily opposed, but call it like it is. :>

also, i feel like this response very kindly ignores my question to Almost about how Vorkuta might be read. just because i can't read Vork doesn't mean others can't.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Chara »

In post 755, Bambi Jay wrote:Anyone softing their flavor is a dipshit since that's only for scum to kill them. Softing your role is reasonable, I guess.
i'm a little curious as to what Even thinks i've softed, if anything.

talking about perfect environments, i rather enjoy this environment where scum cannot kill freely.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 749, Bambi Jay wrote:
In post 744, Almost50 wrote:
In post 694, Bambi Jay wrote: If you want me to get even more specific, I'm a Godfather/Miller Enabler upon my flip.
That's a bloody shitty role that I don't think even YOU can come up with on your own, so I'm inclined to buy it.
Yeah, but it's unique, atleast. I'm like an enabler for a mafia ability. That's pretty fun.
I've seen something similar with a townie enabling the scum daychat.

I think. That might have been a fever dream. Or the coke.

Zo
"Awww.... I just wanna do some COCAINE and kill some motherfuckers." - Doctor Drew
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 750, Almost50 wrote:
In post 746, Chara wrote:Almost, do you have any Vork insight?
Erm.. too scummy to be scum comes to mind. Most of his bright ideas so far have been "Jester-like motivated", but I very much doubt FL would put a Jester in a Death Note game.
I think I'm going to start lynching anyone who uses TWTBAW as an excuse for anything.

Scummy actors need to be lynched so that we can eliminate false positives. If they are town then they should have played better.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 751, Mordhaus wrote:Tell me in the hydra pt if you have a problem with my murderboner, but I don’t foresee letting this go.

~Rockso
Co-signed with a line. Mech players hide behind mech because they can easily pass themselves off as scum. It allows them to remove their own bias.

For me it's the whole imma check in, complain about what people post, harp on a mass claim, and then disappear again shtick he's been running.

Like if he played the game the way the rest of us were he would have insight. Here he is absolving himself of any culpability.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 752, Vorkuta wrote:I mean from my point of view, anyone that isn't accepting my mechanical PoV and potential solve is either
-intentionally obstinate and is clinging to site meta, and refusing to innovate given the perfect environment
-scum roadblocking/derailing/obstructing said solve

And I'm actually scumhunting in my way as I lack familiarity with the roster and the.... "patience" to go toe-to-toe with some of the more outspoken personalities here.

But sure
Or they are town who has reason to need to stay hidden a bit because of the way their role was written?

But yeah, make a false and/or situation that fits your agenda. You're making this easy.
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Evenstar »

In post 758, Chara wrote:
In post 755, Bambi Jay wrote:Anyone softing their flavor is a dipshit since that's only for scum to kill them. Softing your role is reasonable, I guess.
i'm a little curious as to what Even thinks i've softed, if anything.

talking about perfect environments, i rather enjoy this environment where scum cannot kill freely.
Would you like me to state my read out loud for the thread?
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:20 am

Post by Mordhaus »

No. Even speculating about other people's potential flavorsofts is giving scum access to information they don't necessarily have.

Don't talk about flavors that may or may not exist. Don't draw attention to flavor softs. Don't hunt flavor softs. Don't believe flavor softs.

All of that should be elementary. I'm super interested in what you think we've softed, too, but you continuing to talk about it just increases the likelihood that scum picks up on whatever you think you see on the off chance that whatever you see isn't. It can't help town, it theoretically could help scum, and it's a distraction from actually playing the game. If you want to brag in the postgame, PM your list to Morality as a bragging rights thing, but STOP BRINGING IT UP.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:21 am

Post by Mordhaus »

~So
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:24 am

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 757, Chara wrote:so it's a policy lynch? i'm not necessarily opposed, but call it like it is. :>
I mean... Part policy lynch, part there's an actual scum motivation to what he's pushing.

As far as anyone actually reading him: Who? A50 had the waffley-est defense post using TWTBAW of all things. Duck doesn't want to lynch him because... he's not a loaf of bread? I dunno why ducks do anything, tbh. Literally no one else has posted a townread or a reason to townread him.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:29 am

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 752, Vorkuta wrote:-intentionally obstinate and is clinging to site meta, and refusing to innovate given the perfect environment
Your 'innovative strategy' is something people have been doing successfully in setups that support it since before I joined the site. There was literally a player with a title referencing his propensity to break setups via massclaim. This is also the exact opposite of the "perfect environment" for a massclaim, because there's a public function that supports keeping scum from getting extra information.

Your suggestion is literally: Let's take the setup that is balanced around inconsistent nightkills, and let scum nightkill consistently. If you're town, you should be ashamed of that bullshit. If you want terribly balanced games that are broken by not thinking, go play 1 Night.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 762, Mordhaus wrote:But yeah, make a false and/or situation that fits your agenda
Sure- misinterpret and handwave away a legitimate and potential game-winning strategy based on no evidence and pure speculation.
And feel free to throw some shade at me while you're at it :thumbsup:
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Evenstar »

In post 764, Mordhaus wrote:No. Even speculating about other people's potential flavorsofts is giving scum access to information they don't necessarily have.

Don't talk about flavors that may or may not exist. Don't draw attention to flavor softs. Don't hunt flavor softs. Don't believe flavor softs.

All of that should be elementary. I'm super interested in what you think we've softed, too, but you continuing to talk about it just increases the likelihood that scum picks up on whatever you think you see on the off chance that whatever you see isn't. It can't help town, it theoretically could help scum, and it's a distraction from actually playing the game. If you want to brag in the postgame, PM your list to Morality as a bragging rights thing, but STOP BRINGING IT UP.
I'm not the one who brought it up, Mordhaus.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Mordhaus »

Given our role, (not flavor) I'm inclined to believe that mass flavorcopping isn't worth it. I'll reevaluate after N1 and/or if we get more evidence either way.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 767, Mordhaus wrote:Your 'innovative strategy' is something people have been doing successfully in setups that support it
Ok- that's great and beautiful, but I haven't seen any of that at all recently.
I understand that nowadays setups are explicitly balanced around 'not' mass claiming, but I've played in several games where an early mass claim (or like... the 2 relevant roles claiming on time) would win the game.
Why not do it here?

Oh- you're just shading my word choice "innovative" because it's been done A LONG TIME ago, but not now.
I concede.
In post 767, Mordhaus wrote:Let's take the setup that is balanced around inconsistent nightkills, and let scum nightkill consistently.
Bambi claimed "miller enabler" and whatever if he's dead.
Any scum worth his salt already eye'd him and is going to N1 kill him.
And that was WITHOUT my prompting.
We're ALREADY going to lose roles by roles, so we might as well bite the bullet and not go out pathetically 1-by-1.

Also you're misinterpreting my strategy but that fits in very well with your agenda of 'lets lynch vork kthnx'
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:36 am

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 769, Evenstar wrote:I'm not the one who brought it up, Mordhaus.
No, but you are the one hunting flavorsofts that I'm pretty sure don't exist, so my point stands. This is a postgame/deadthread discussion anyway.

~Rockso
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 771, Vorkuta wrote:Bambi claimed "miller enabler" and whatever if he's dead.
Any scum worth his salt already eye'd him and is going to N1 kill him.
And that was WITHOUT my prompting.
We're ALREADY going to lose roles by roles, so we might as well bite the bullet and not go out pathetically 1-by-1.
I think I got dumber reading this.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Vorky: I don't want to engage you only to find myself wrapped up in a vicious circle, but I also want to try and understand how that brain of yours is working. So here goes:

1- This isn't a Normal.
2- Flavor in this game is the way Scum can kill.
3- You claim that we are not afraid of the Nk and I don't understand why that is.
4- Maybe you mean a massclaim of ROLES and not flavor??
5- If 4 is true, it's still a bad idea, because:
5-a- Roles could be an indicators of some flavor still
5-b- Scum may have other roles to affect the claimed TPRs without killing them

So, I really really would appreciate it if you tried to explain your strategy here as if I really am a 7 year old who has never played Mafia before. Thank you.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”