Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 773, Mordhaus wrote:
In post 771, Vorkuta wrote:Bambi claimed "miller enabler" and whatever if he's dead.
Any scum worth his salt already eye'd him and is going to N1 kill him.
And that was WITHOUT my prompting.
We're ALREADY going to lose roles by roles, so we might as well bite the bullet and not go out pathetically 1-by-1.
I think I got dumber reading this.
I think he ignored all my explanation for my role completely. did I not capitalize it enough? Was I unclear it my main explanation?
Yes, I'm related to Elsa Jay. No, we aren't the same person, she is a thot. I'm pure and full of positive energy.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 698, Bambi Jay wrote:So in essence, since I'll basically full claim to make it SUPER clear that this time I gotta be truthful.

I will never flip willingingly, since my FLIP activates millers and Godfathers as an Enabler, but upon my DEATH, they go inert again. So if scum flip me somehow, they gotta leave me alive for the benefits.
Here again Vork.
Yes, I'm related to Elsa Jay. No, we aren't the same person, she is a thot. I'm pure and full of positive energy.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 774, Almost50 wrote:1- This isn't a Normal.
Thank you. My point exactly.
Why people are treating it like a traditional "hey lets scumhunt and use night actions 1 by 1 until we hit LyLo at which we massclaim" is beyond me but ok
In post 774, Almost50 wrote:2- Flavor in this game is the way Scum can kill.
3- You claim that we are not afraid of the Nk
:igmeou:
you just... answered.... nvm
Yes- flavor is the only way in which scum can kill.
Thus unless we have a proper series of role interactions that would break the game, there's no need to flavor claim.
In post 774, Almost50 wrote:Roles could be an indicators of some flavor still
1- I don't think it would be that intuitive/straightforward. Like there are "10" roles that would fit the task force.
Oh you think that just because in the source material Matsuda shoots Light, that makes him a vig? Naive.
2- You can't have it both ways. You guys are the ones proselytizing the mantra that "flavor is not alignment indicative" and you spout this BS. It's a contradiction. As I've said 50 times already- if we hit light with an eye deal, that's gold.
3- So we could be unlucky and have a bunch of people who are obsessed with the series, or are going to (re)read/watch all of the source material and scrape the bottom of the barrel for clues, but I doubt that.
4- We already have evidence that flavor <-> roles are BS with eva's Ryuk claim being..... "functionally a miller".
5- Bad guys have to flavor flip to do anything to fuck with night actions as well. I think its better to take the offensive on this one

pedit
@Bambi- yes. I got that.
As a result keeping you alive is pointless as you're effectively conf!town'd and never going to provide the utility they need.
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

(consensus-wise) everyone already believes that Bambi is conf!town with his claim.
He will never flip and activate.

Thus either scum has a way/trick to force a flip (in which case, it's more beneficial to take the offensive and not play reactively)
or
scum shoots bambi as leaving someone conf!town'd is a meh play.

Much better than using an eye deal on a random and praying they hit a high-value TPR.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

@monkey- here's a thought experiment.

In memory of a recent game or two, I hypoclaim
multitasking fruit vendor
VT
some sort of JOAT.. let's say 1-shot cop, 1-shot tracker, and like 1-shot doctor.
You have a nice compiled list of roles courtesy of eva in #

You can't and you won't find said flavor.
(inb4 "but you made the roles up!!11!!!")

Likewise no amount of knowledge of the source material will help with trying to determine the "friendly neighbor" flavor, bambi's flavor, ducky's and butthead's neighborhood (but muh canon interactions between 2 characters) flavor.
So why are we having this argument?

Obviously mordhaus might have something damning. Great- he should have the brains to tell a white lie.
Obviously "L" might have to fudge the truth a bit as well (I mean come on- what kind of death note game is it where Light doesn't have to find L?).
But the rest of us being more or less honest would give us a proper gameplan without any of the downsides.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

Eh. If I never claim or flip, then they gotta use the Daycop thing to get my role to kill me. Or they have to put other resources into killing me. Either way, with my claim I'm a pain in the ass for scum now and they probably may use one of their Daycops to see who I am to kill me quicker.

Quick spitball idea: on day 3, we run EVERYONE up to L-1 incase scum used the Flavor cop thing. Any quickhammers then are scummy and obviously since Chemist and Worst have claimed to use it, we can skip those 2 until they get proven guilty or something.

So be honest if you use the shinigami eyes, okay?
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Wooper »

i think chemist's claim is kinda wolfy but...ok....
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 768, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 762, Mordhaus wrote:But yeah, make a false and/or situation that fits your agenda
Sure- misinterpret and handwave away a legitimate and potential game-winning strategy based on no evidence and pure speculation.
And feel free to throw some shade at me while you're at it :thumbsup:
isn't your strategy also based on speculation?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 769, Evenstar wrote:I'm not the one who brought it up, Mordhaus.
uh, yes you are. you've been discussing flavour slips and softs and your solve since the game started.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 780, Bambi Jay wrote:So be honest if you use the shinigami eyes, okay?
*sighs*
way to out that and make the scum team more cautious about liberal application of said eye deal
would've been far more optimal to do that AFTER we'd have an NK
just....
In post 782, Chara wrote:isn't your strategy also based on speculation?
the assumptions I'm making are far more reasonable than his
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 784, Vorkuta wrote:the assumptions I'm making are far more reasonable than his
Because this will be contested by the usual suspects, I'll clarify right now

Mordhaus (and to some extent A50) are implicitly assuming that the scum team as a bunch of nerds that are willing to (re)watch the anime frame-by-frame and analyze the manga under a microscope to try and guess the flavor <-> role interactions.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 779, Vorkuta wrote:Likewise no amount of knowledge of the source material will help with trying to determine the "friendly neighbor" flavor, bambi's flavor, ducky's and butthead's neighborhood (but muh canon interactions between 2 characters) flavor.
So why are we having this argument?
why are we having this argument?

pedit: that's your opinion. i think Mord is scum and that you're town and i still believe his reasoning is more sound. you've even brought up and acknowledge legitimate downsides to your own idea in discussing the benefits of your strategy.

most importantly you're going to need cooperation from a majority of the town in order for this to work, which at this point i don't think is likely. however i do know Almost just asked you to explain so i'm not begrudging you that.

actually, more and more importantly, Vecna brought up another point i agree with: how you want to play mafia isn't how other people want to. you can have your way, but i don't think you can complain if other players have a way of playing they enjoy/want to use more/find effective. personally, for me it's that mafia is ultimately a social game and not a setup puzzle to solve (which isn't bad, but it is different), so i'm not the type to play that way.

Bambi: based on how Alisae claimed/tried to appeal to me i'd be pretty floored if e were scum. even if Chemist is, the worst-case scenario is he's forced to reveal and prove it. it's not quite an ic claim but it's similar enough, so i likely won't be lynching that anytime soon.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 785, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 784, Vorkuta wrote:the assumptions I'm making are far more reasonable than his

Mordhaus (and to some extent A50) are implicitly assuming that the scum team as a bunch of nerds that are willing to (re)watch the anime frame-by-frame and analyze the manga under a microscope to try and guess the flavor <-> role interactions.
Death Note is ridiculously popular. you don't need to be a weeb to know a lot about it or be able to read a wiki. just because you aren't a DN fan doesn't mean other people aren't.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Haven't read the last two pages or so but if we can avoid outing abilities, cool. Alignment and flavor may not have a relatiin but flavor and role may. You're making it easier to flavor hunt by doing so.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 777, Vorkuta wrote:@Bambi- yes. I got that.
As a result keeping you alive is pointless as you're effectively conf!town'd and never going to provide the utility they need.
you're still misunderstanding Bambi's role and i don't know if reexplaining it will help, but it doesn't fill me with confidence about how you'll use any other role mechanics that come up.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I'm inclined to follow the murderboner.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 755, Bambi Jay wrote:Anyone softing their flavor is a dipshit since that's only for scum to kill them. Softing your role is reasonable, I guess.
Let's not.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Chara »

i kinda don't want to kill Mord anymore even if i scumlean that because if they're town and i can figure that out i really want them around.

also should point out i don't believe Bambi is conftown by claim, or anything of the sort.

RC, do you still want to murder Chemist?

pedit: well that does sort of answer my question!
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 786, Chara wrote:personally, for me it's that mafia is ultimately a social game and not a setup puzzle to solve
That's completely fair, but I'm hoping other people can see the light
punintended
and the unique situation we've been provided.
I'm not complaining about the lack of cooperation, but more about the lack of (what I perceive to be) decent arguments agssinst my case and the obstructionism.
In post 787, Chara wrote:you don't need to be a weeb to know a lot about it or be able to read a wiki
*sighs*
Casual enjoyment of source =/= ability to guess flavor from roll.
These guys seem to think that THE INSTANT someone so much as says "cop", they're 100% outed,
Which is BS (and my main point of contention, but I was being facetious to try and explain my case)
In post 789, Chara wrote:you're still misunderstanding Bambi's role
Bambi says nothing: night time, cop shots hit the mark
Bambi says "mod reveal me": night time, cops now can hit millers.
Bambi dies after reveal: no more millers

Hence
In post 778, Vorkuta wrote:He will never flip and activate.

Thus either scum has a way/trick to force a flip (in which case, it's more beneficial to take the offensive and not play reactively)
or
scum shoots bambi as leaving someone conf!town'd is a meh play.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 792, Chara wrote:i kinda don't want to kill Mord anymore even if i scumlean that because if they're town and i can figure that out i really want them around.

also should point out i don't believe Bambi is conftown by claim, or anything of the sort.

RC, do you still want to murder Chemist?

pedit: well that does sort of answer my question!
It's probably not the best thing for town to kill the friendly neighbor claim....today.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 784, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 780, Bambi Jay wrote:So be honest if you use the shinigami eyes, okay?
*sighs*
way to out that and make the scum team more cautious about liberal application of said eye deal
would've been far more optimal to do that AFTER we'd have an NK.
Are you... Getting mad I'm discouraging scum from getting anymore information on town? Seriously?

And are you insulting the scumteams intelligence that being hated means they can make them easier to track, that they didn't already realize that?

God Vork, if the day keeps going like this I elect hanging you.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 775, Bambi Jay wrote:
In post 771, Vorkuta wrote:Bambi claimed "miller enabler" and whatever if he's dead.
We're ALREADY going to lose roles by roles, so we might as well bite the bullet and not go out pathetically 1-by-1.
I think he ignored all my explanation for my role completely. did I not capitalize it enough? Was I unclear it my main explanation?
I got it, and i haven't been off this cloud in a week. So caught it too and he is much more stable than I.

It was the basis for my 3rd option to Vork that was accidentally left out of his list of why people would oppose him here.

I mean, a 3rd option, im sure there are a lot of reasons to not do this here and listing them all would take time away from just lynching you and doing what you want to do and get on with the actual game.

So shut up or nut up?

Zo
"Awww.... I just wanna do some COCAINE and kill some motherfuckers." - Doctor Drew
We got the Baker's Golden Baguette. You're Jelly, aren't you?
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 785, Vorkuta wrote:

No I believe we are saying that giving scum information that they dont have and need to win the game is not a good way for us to win...

Is this more complicated than I'm thinking here? Like are we on a different fucking plane of understanding that what I see as something so simple could actually stump the best on your plane?
"Awww.... I just wanna do some COCAINE and kill some motherfuckers." - Doctor Drew
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 790, RCEnigma wrote:I'm inclined to follow the murderboner.
It always finds scum, like divining water, but with a boner...
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 796, Mordhaus wrote:
In post 775, Bambi Jay wrote:
I got it, and i haven't been off this cloud in a week. So caught it too and he is much more stable than I.

It was the basis for my 3rd option to Vork that was accidentally left out of his list of why people would oppose him here.

I mean, a 3rd option, im sure there are a lot of reasons to not do this here and listing them all would take time away from just lynching you and doing what you want to do and get on with the actual game.

So shut up or nut up?

Zo
The bolded is to Vork, not Bambi, sorry. Drugs.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”