ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

I find it interesting I am the only player not mentioned in SpyreX's post.

I'd rather PEG be replaced than lynched if he has limited access (which I think maybe might be what the weird priceline post was trying to say?)

But yeah, one of these three need to die today:
Evilgorrilaz
Dcorbe
BridgesandBaloons

I am thinking about Evilgorrilaz simply because Dcorbe and BnB, even if they are scum, have been helpful. Evilgorrilaz has not in any way.

Votecount:

Dcorbe [4] (Pickemgenius, SpyreX, IH, Dcorbe)
SpyreX [1] (Dcorbe)
ZeekLTK [1] (Bridges)
Pickemgenius [1] (ZeekLTK)
IH [1] (Evilgorillaz)
Evilgorillaz [1] (Shadowlurker)

Not Voting [1] (Gimbo)

5 to lynch.

2 week deadline. Which will just be the first of July to make it easy to remember. Replacing Evilgorillaz, which means I may consider a extension depending on how fast I get it.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I guess you were the only one... that must mean we scumbuddies OHH NO.

Actually, I think its pretty obvious; dc told me not to mention who I thought was town and thats why I didn't mention you and IH was only collaterally. ;)

EG is getting replaced and yes, if PEG doesn't pick it up he should also get replaced.

EG - hope RL starts lookin up for ya.

Shadow, I really cant support a lurker lynch on day 1, especially when others have been scummier.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Day 1 is the best day for a lurker lynch.

Lurkers in endgame = always fail.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'd like to give lurkers a chance - plus, I think DC is scum. I dont think lurkers should make it to lylo, but.
Show

Proud member of BaM
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:26 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

So you don't agree that we should wait and see if the scum kill dc tonight? Why?
Tigers ate my signature.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

...I'm tired, so I may regret this, but where was that even an option? I dont remember ever seeing letting DC live to see if the scum kill him...

And, even if he was town, why in the HELL would the scum kill him and remove his suspicions? That'd only help us.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:02 am

Post by Gimbo »

^ SyreX, you shouldn't say that cuz scums might use reverse-reverse-psychology on us tonite and screw with our brains -_-
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:58 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

dc softclaimed... if he's not scum then scum probably think he is a power role and will kill him tonight. So why should we lynch him today and do the scum's job for them?

I think it's unlikely that they would leave him alive just to make us wonder, because if he is a cop then he could find the scum and out them... leaving someone alive hoping they get mislynched is not worth potentially being outted via an investigation so you'd think that if he was town then they'd kill him tonight just to make sure he can't investigate them.
Tigers ate my signature.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Ting =) replaces Evilgorillaz. I am gonna extend the deadline, don't worry. I'm thinking a week depending on if you people do crazy awesome or not.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

Part of the issue is DC DID just softclaim and even now at L-1 with 1 day left until deadline lynch doesn't say anything about it. Also, when he DID just softclaim there was NO reason to.

Also:
With this setup we have a 50% chance of having a cop. IF we have a cop, we have a 50% chance of their NOT being a roleblocker to counteract it.

This leaves a 25% chance, in total, of DC actually being killed tonight. Otherwise, he will be roleblocked and, when he is alive tomorrow, we WILL wonder.

On the other side, if DC claimed doctor...could you believe it? The way the play has been so far I'd have a hard time doing so. Between the roleblocker problems above and the fact proving he is a doctor is pretty hard..I dont know.

On an aside, can the mafia choose to nokill?

The biggest problem is that DC hasn't even bothered to come in and say anything to make me think he HAS a powerrole and the softclaim was a scum-tactic great for stalling.
Show

Proud member of BaM
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:31 am

Post by ting =) »

Hihi.
unvote,
in case my vote is on someone right now.

I'll vote someone when I'm done reading.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

I forgot that the mafia had a roleblocker... hmmm...
Tigers ate my signature.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

* may have a roleblocker - we dont know the setup for sure, so everything is taken with a grain of salt. Thats part of the reason why I'm not going to trust a roleclaim, especially from someone who's been scummy already.
Show

Proud member of BaM
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Well, this was the context of his "soft claim"...
@Mod: This 2 week deadline is going to fly right by, and if it does because people keep going away or not posting then I'm claiming my role. Care to extend that deadline?
dcorbe wrote:
Gimbo wrote:Wait, dcorbe, if you really are townie, why does it matter that you "claim your role"...maybe its because 1) you're scum or 2) you have a power role? But if you really are a pwoer role, why the hell would you out yourself? You just joined this game and yet you are talking about claiming...
I'm going to out myself because if we no-lynch on D1 it's because this town is too dysfunctional, cant reach a consensus, refuses to post, are assholes in general, etc and it won't matter because we've lost anyways.
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

However, I still don't like how he is voting himself and how he said he's not going to talk about other people until Day 2 though...
dcorbe wrote:
SpyreX wrote: DC -

The fact I feel PEG is scum aside, I do think that his play is more disruptive than helpful. What, if anything, do you think about anyone else?
I'm not prepared to answer that question until day 2. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't advocate quick-lynching anyone because it is all too often harmful to the town; however, in this particular instance I think a quick lynch is the lesser of two evils.
Tigers ate my signature.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yes, both of those statements really are a form of "I have information/power that will hurt the town if you dont know but I'm not telling so dont you dare lynch me k?"

Its not good.
Show

Proud member of BaM
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:09 am

Post by ting =) »

Just posting to say that I'm done till page 10. I'll finish reading the other 8 tomorrow.

This is an extremely painful game to read.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:34 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Oh come on, this is nothing compared to 533. :p
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:35 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Alright, dc if you don't claim in your next post I will hammer you.
Tigers ate my signature.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

It is hard to read. Thats how we roll. :P

Zeek, I'd impose a deadline if thats what you're going to do.
Show

Proud member of BaM
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

If
dcorbe wrote:PEG were to be lynched right now and flipped town it would be his own damned fault.

No... it wouldnt.... if I were to say.... VOTE FOR MYSELF.... then yes... it would be my fault....

I've given you guys probably the most obvious fucking meta in the world for me. Seriously. I'm not that hard to read as town or scum.

I'm actually still comfortable with dcorbe lynch.

ALSO FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME I HAVE SHITTY HOTEL INTERNET SERVICE (HAVE FOR AWHILE GO GO PERMISSIVE TDY)

AND IT HAS EVEN BEEN DOWN FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME (LIKE IT WENT OUT A DAYISH).
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

SpyreX wrote:It is hard to read. Thats how we roll. :P

Zeek, I'd impose a deadline if thats what you're going to do.
Well I'm not in a rush.

ting still needs time to read the thread too...
Tigers ate my signature.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:10 am

Post by ting =) »

Huzzah! I'm done. =)

You guys have no idea how many cups of coffee this took. After about page 12 I just started skimming instead of actually reading. A lot of the arguments were just repetitions and paraphrasing of the whole 'anti town vs scum' thing.

@dcorbe.
Assuming you're a town role, and you
know
you're a town role, self voting would be anti-town, no? What you're doing is detrimental to the your's, and the town's win condition.

Does that make you scum?

You're being hypocritical going after peg if you're town.

I think this is the clearest point I can bring up on this for you. This is the only time I'm going to post my thoughts on anti-town vs scum. I do
not
want to join in the never ending argument on this.

-------

I
hate
Zeek's posts. They just ooze scumminess. The thing is, I've played with him as town before, and this is really just how he plays. It annoys the crap out of me to say this, but I don't think he's scum. Bab's reaction to Zeek is essentially how I reacted to Zeek then. I think he's town too.

Gimbo... I notice that Gimbo didn't jump to the dcorbe wagon and said how he thinks dcorbe is probably town. It's strange, given how he's been hard core wagonning all day. He jumped on things I would consider to be no big deal, but then a serious wagon builds on dcorbe and he stays clear of it.

I agree with SL's read on dcorbe - I've found that newbtown are more likely to just throw their hands up and throw an emotional fit. I
hate
when players do that. It's one of the more reliable tells I've found in newbie games. I have yet to see a scum throw a hissy fit. Unfortunately, that line of thought leads to wifom.

I would much prefer a lynch on someone else, but I'm not going to be sad if dcorbe gets lynched. I think he's town, but he hasn't helped any. He just insisted on his thoughts being right and then self voted when everyone didn't see things his way.

On peg... I don't have a meta read on him. I'll need to check out the town-peg link he gave and check it out.

Spyrex... I don't know. He's so wishy washy and he seems to tend to follow the crowd. He started off on the anti-peg wagon with zeek against bab. When IH started chiming in for peg, spyrex started looking at zeek. When dcorbe replaced in and drew suspicion from everyone, he started going after him too.

He makes some good arguments, but I have yet to see him look at anyone who didn't already have the spotlight on him.

----

Honestly, the people I'm most suspicious of, and this might come off a wee bit hypocritical, are the lurkers.

It's absurd how, for the better of the game, it was only zeek, spyrex and bab posting.

I'm more inclined to think that the scum were lurking and just letting townies tunnel vision each other with repetitive cases. Unfortunately, that argument also applies to me.

I don't like how IH was silent for most of the early arguments and only started posting once there was a fair amount of material to incriminate all of the players who were posting the massive walls of text.

I also don't like how SL was silent for the better part of the game. I agree with the few posts that he makes though, and I notice that he's the only one who tried looking at anyone else. While everyone was busy with the peg-zeek-bab-spyrex thing, he made a case on gimbo.

----

People I'm suspicious of: IH, gimbo, spyrex.

----

One thing I hate about this game is the massive walls of text. Which this post will now contribute too since I had to put out my thoughts on everyone.
Can everyone cut their longs posts into multiple short posts instead? This will shorten the page lenghts so that the scroll bar isn't just a line. Thanks.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:53 am

Post by SpyreX »

Spyrex... I don't know. He's so wishy washy and he seems to tend to follow the crowd. He started off on the anti-peg wagon with zeek against bab. When IH started chiming in for peg, spyrex started looking at zeek. When dcorbe replaced in and drew suspicion from everyone, he started going after him too.
Thanks for catchin up. Its nice to have another active player.

I really dont think I've been that wishy washy. The only real issue I've bounced on IS that whole debacle with PEG. DC was drawing suspicion from me very early on and, I'm pretty sure, I am the first one who voted for him because I think he's got the highest chance of being scum.

Aside from that I think I've been very clear in my feelings (minus PEG, grrr).
He makes some good arguments, but I have yet to see him look at anyone who didn't already have the spotlight on him.
What spotlight? There's nine of us, of course there's going to be some overlap. If you really think I've been bandwagon voting I'd like some real attempts to show it where I just go "yea, me too!"

I've laid out my feelings on this whole deal and what I see as the interconnections between players. This statement really seems off, but I can on some level understand it as a newcomer in.

I give tl;dr's when I post my thoughts, but I'm not gonna break the long ones up. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Gimbo »

@ ting =): dcorbe's playstyle is kinda like mine and i relate, being a frustrated townie myself in alot of games and being fed up by uncooperative people drives me insane too, so yea.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”