[Game Over] Newbie 1960 - Deathcars

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by emps »

Jocus Aevorum (L-2)
: Selynee, NaCl, Quantifiable
Conundrum
Emperor flippyNips (L-3)
: Robbnva, Jocus Aevorum
emps (L-4)
: eth0s
SausasaurusRex (L-4)
: emps
Emperor flippyNips, SausasaurusRex
also, the tone in qc's posts (mostly the ones directed towards/talking to robb) is good imo

idk what specifically but i like the tone in those posts
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by emps »

idk im kinda townleaning him after reading his iso
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by emps »

anyways ima look at jocus's iso
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by NaCl »

In post 86, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote: Anyways, I have Neza as a very very slight town lean right now based on gut feeling, and Ceejay seems like he's getting victimized a bit too much to be scum.
Mizzytastic is slightly town for now, I don't think a mafia player would go around antagonizing people that hard or being so insistent on getting their questions answered. If the question I missed turns out to be some minor fluff thing or asking me to justify an obvious pressure vote, I may have to rethink that, since that would look like a divide and conquer strategy to me.
Xeogarius is being very forward about buddying me. Null read otherwise.
This one feels far more verbose and open than his opinions in this game.
In post 112, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote: As for my current reads:

Null

EspeciallyTheLies - No real content.
Nezahaulpilli - Moderately town leaning just for calling out Xeogarius in . In fact, 84 is a pretty great post all around.
Suspicious - Post , while old, is good, it's breaking up a potential quicklynch, but it's very minor. He's defending me a bit too hard too in , , and , which looks a little bit like buddying.
Accessinator - One good post . Insufficient content so far. If this pattern continues, I will get more suspicious.
Cee - Nada
EspeciallyTheLies - 1 post. he's probably going to get replaced out.
Town

Mizzytastic - town, but overconfident town, which can be dangerous in its own way. It seems like it's pretty uncontroversial that he's town at this point, I haven't seen anyone contradict that, and he's clearly very interested in solving this.
Scum

NotMySpamAccount - Horrible post #22, goes from a random vote to a real one on the same guy based on essentially nothing. seems like he's trying to discredit someone (although I could be reading more malice into that post than intended,) he has three more throwaway posts, and finally his is very weak and doesn't contain much reasoning. Still only scum leaning though, since absent a slip up, I don't think we're going to have the data to be certain someone is scum on day 1. I am less confident about this one, and may swap him out with Accessinator.
Xeogarius - is weird. It's weird to have such a strong read on Access this early on, and it seems like scum might try to deflect onto a relatively safe player. He's also very defensive in , and seems to be the most anti-mizzy player here overall, and as I've said before, I think Mizzy is the most widely agreed upon town.

VOTE: Xeogarius sheeping Mizzy and he hasn't felt any real pressure yet. I would like to see what happens when that changes.
I might change to Accessinator if we don't get some more content. It feels like he's trying to skate by under the radar.
Compare this to what his readlist looks like here.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by emps »

In post 13, Jocus Aevorum wrote:VOTE: Robbnva
Hello again.
i assume hes played with robb before and that means he would know that robb is pretty aggressive and like this is a pretty ballsy move to do as a newbie
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by emps »

i dunno that seems more like just being lazy tbh his readlists have like a similar tone to them i guess and he also explains his reads

sometimes i just have games where im off because im like lazy or just dont have as much time on my hands or smth like that
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by NaCl »

I guess. I tend to be lazy as scum, so I could be wrong here. But it feels like his reads have much less substance in this compared to then.

He was tracker in that game, so maybe it could be VT that's not as excited to have a role.
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by NaCl »

Actually, emps is now off the table for a lynch for me.

Strong town
Selynee
emps

Town
Jocus

Weak town
Eth0s
Rex
Maybe QC?

I really want Flippynips at this point, but I guess I'll take Rex or QC if it happens. Although at this rate, it will be Jocus, or worse, no lynch.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by emps »

honestly im a bit too lazy to iso jocus as well as like a bunch of other people. im like very sure abt rex rn and id really prefer a rex lynch here

nacl, care to explain ur sudden tr on me?
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by NaCl »

I don't know what I'm doing.

But it's mostly that you didn't have to be try harding in the last few hours, since no one else is, but you're doing so anyways.
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by Quantifiable Conundrum »

In post 619, emps wrote:
In post 98, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:SaurausSaurus, ethos, and emps. You all seem eager to go after flippy, but obviously not all of you are scum. Can you explain what's going on?
i think hes played a game before? correct me if im wrong

but like after playing at least a game you should know most early game wagons are memes and it was like pretty obvious that flippynips and i were like memeing and our votes on each other werent serious
In my other game, we had a guy replace in, only to lolhammer someone who flipped town, so that's where my paranoia is coming from. I'm happy with this lynch if it goes through. Jocus is making no real effort to defend himself, it reads like someone throwing up their hands in frustration after a slip.
In post 628, NaCl wrote:
In post 86, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote: Anyways, I have Neza as a very very slight town lean right now based on gut feeling, and Ceejay seems like he's getting victimized a bit too much to be scum.
Mizzytastic is slightly town for now, I don't think a mafia player would go around antagonizing people that hard or being so insistent on getting their questions answered. If the question I missed turns out to be some minor fluff thing or asking me to justify an obvious pressure vote, I may have to rethink that, since that would look like a divide and conquer strategy to me.
Xeogarius is being very forward about buddying me. Null read otherwise.
This one feels far more verbose and open than his opinions in this game.
In post 112, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote: As for my current reads:

Null

EspeciallyTheLies - No real content.
Nezahaulpilli - Moderately town leaning just for calling out Xeogarius in . In fact, 84 is a pretty great post all around.
Suspicious - Post , while old, is good, it's breaking up a potential quicklynch, but it's very minor. He's defending me a bit too hard too in , , and , which looks a little bit like buddying.
Accessinator - One good post . Insufficient content so far. If this pattern continues, I will get more suspicious.
Cee - Nada
EspeciallyTheLies - 1 post. he's probably going to get replaced out.
Town

Mizzytastic - town, but overconfident town, which can be dangerous in its own way. It seems like it's pretty uncontroversial that he's town at this point, I haven't seen anyone contradict that, and he's clearly very interested in solving this.
Scum

NotMySpamAccount - Horrible post #22, goes from a random vote to a real one on the same guy based on essentially nothing. seems like he's trying to discredit someone (although I could be reading more malice into that post than intended,) he has three more throwaway posts, and finally his is very weak and doesn't contain much reasoning. Still only scum leaning though, since absent a slip up, I don't think we're going to have the data to be certain someone is scum on day 1. I am less confident about this one, and may swap him out with Accessinator.
Xeogarius - is weird. It's weird to have such a strong read on Access this early on, and it seems like scum might try to deflect onto a relatively safe player. He's also very defensive in , and seems to be the most anti-mizzy player here overall, and as I've said before, I think Mizzy is the most widely agreed upon town.

VOTE: Xeogarius sheeping Mizzy and he hasn't felt any real pressure yet. I would like to see what happens when that changes.
I might change to Accessinator if we don't get some more content. It feels like he's trying to skate by under the radar.
Compare this to what his readlist looks like here.
In post 631, NaCl wrote:I guess. I tend to be lazy as scum, so I could be wrong here. But it feels like his reads have much less substance in this compared to then.

He was tracker in that game, so maybe it could be VT that's not as excited to have a role.
Yeah, it's more fun when you aren't VT.

I'm willing to go emps if possible. Ethos's reasoning is good, but realistically, it looks like we cant change the wagon at this pointz and Jovus is better than no lynch.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 604, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 586, eth0s wrote:we could 180 on flippynips even though I don't particularly dislike how he played. since robb and jocus are already on it there's actually a chance of that lynch happening.

if sausa or QC were possible I would want to lynch there instead. I think QC will be more readable this game than sausa would be and so far the latter just feels like they'll be a liability even if they're town.

VOTE: SausasaurusRex
The rationale here is a policy lynch, if it is to be defined as a lynch intended to remove a player whose alignment cannot be thoroughly examined and determined through inhibiting behaviors.
no one's alignment can be determined solely by examination. The best you can do is make an educated guess or have a PR result.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 603, NaCl wrote:Yeah, but I'd rather have a lynch than no lynch. Because it's possible you're scum with Jocus, but I feel like that would be really transparent.

Regardless, I'll be around and I want to hear what other people have to say. If there's no interest then there's no point in going ahead.
well I'm off jocus. Unless I've totally misread him so far then he doesn't react this way as scum. Wanting to lynch a slot that isn't even here is not very pro-town even given the circumstances. Sure I'll take EF over jocus but I don't want to do EF
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 629, emps wrote:
In post 13, Jocus Aevorum wrote:VOTE: Robbnva
Hello again.
i assume hes played with robb before and that means he would know that robb is pretty aggressive and like this is a pretty ballsy move to do as a newbie
actually... okay yeah. Voting robbnva first and not getting targetted by him is weird.
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:27 pm

In post 625, emps wrote:also, the tone in qc's posts (mostly the ones directed towards/talking to robb) is good imo

idk what specifically but i like the tone in those posts
In post 575, Selynee wrote:
Jocus Aevorum (L-1)
: eth0s, Selynee, NaCl,
Quantifiable Conundrum
Emperor flippyNips (L-3)
: Robbnva, Jocus Aevorum
SausasaurusRex (L-4)
: emps
Emperor flippyNips, SausasaurusRex
In post 567, NaCl wrote:I am now more skeptical of QC, but I specifically do not think his partner is Rex if he's scum.

Also, this probably is a dumb take, but I kind of feel like either both Jocus and Rex are scum, or neither of them are.
Doubt both Jocus and Rex are both mafia. Regardless of Jocus's play style, I doubt he'd act so nonchalant regarding his partner being lynched.
If two more people indicate that they're willing to move to Emps, I'll switch too.

Pedit: not sure what you mean, he hasn't really reacted in any meaningful way despite having multiple days to do so.
Like I said, I'm not big on this lynch either, but mathematically and in terms of information, any lynch is better than no lynch.

Pedit 2: you're right, that's strange. They could be partners.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 632, NaCl wrote:Actually, emps is now off the table for a lynch for me.

Strong town
Selynee
emps

Town
Jocus

Weak town
Eth0s
Rex
Maybe QC?

I really want Flippynips at this point, but I guess I'll take Rex or QC if it happens. Although at this rate, it will be Jocus, or worse, no lynch.
why did you completely omit robbnva's name from this
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Damn, I meant to quote 637.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 634, NaCl wrote:I don't know what I'm doing.

But it's mostly that you didn't have to be try harding in the last few hours, since no one else is, but you're doing so anyways.
tryharding here especially as him with someone pushing for a counterwagon on him is nai.

btw to ammend my last post I earlier thought nacl was buddying robbnva's reads and now he mysteriously doesn't show up on his read list.

add to that the fact that he just gave emps a strong TR for no reason and is WORKING WITH ME TO FIND A LYNCH yet putting me near the bottom and... this doesn't add up
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 634, NaCl wrote:I don't know what I'm doing.

like I'm tryharding right now too?! why don't I get a free TR for it when you JUST said you were "willing" to vote emps a page ago
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by eth0s »

VOTE: NaCl
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by NaCl »

@Eth0s
Robbnva hasn't posted in a few days and I don't really even have a clear thought on him anymore. My reads changed a bunch.

Also, my opinion on emps changed once, then changed back after I read QC's game. I'm not scumreading emps now.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by eth0s »

nah you're being scummy
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Ethos, these 11th hour one man wagons aren't helping town.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by eth0s »

but still why does emps largely ignore what I said about him other than his stance on jocus? why does he just now want to start "townleaning" somoene (QC) after I've called him out for shading everyone?

why are you all scum
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 647, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:Ethos, these 11th hour one man wagons aren't helping town.
idk it's largely my fault for not being more active throughout the day but I see scum behavior and I vote. Jocus doesn't feel right to me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”