Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 4178, texcat wrote:Davesaz and Carcalilly are mod-confirmed to be town.
Profii is town because he was Gobble's neighbor.
Billy is town because he claimed VT early on and I believed him.

If Cliff flips town, we then can confirm both Billy and Bob.

Rick has claimed doctor, but he's an actor so I don't put much stock in it.
I don't get the Profii or Billy townreads there. Wiki states that neghbours can still be scum, they're not masons, which is an entirely different role.
Why is Billy claiming VT early town-indicative?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 4157, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 4155, Hectic wrote:Check your wikis, guys. Already said I haven't recieved fruit this game.

Addressed to Hopkirk:

Elaborate on your town/metaread on Aaron Fucking Frost of all people
I get he's a great guy, but he's actually been pinging me recently, there's definitely a change in tone from my other two town games with him.
He's a lot more assertive/aggressive here.
Why the fuck am I obvtown?

But yeah I am being a bit more aggressive here. I've been trying to play a bit more aggressively as town lately since too often I see town players not do anything and allow scum an easy victory. Look at my most recent Newbie (1959) for a good example of this.

PEDIT: So you're not scumreading anyone else?
Interesting.
I had noticed the drastic change in your profile picture. I'll be honest: I was a little taken aback at first. I was thinking; is this the same AaronFrost I've known and loved for years?
Has age and self-hammers mellowed him into an entirely different player? Time will tell.
I'll have a look at the newbie game later.

That said, I still want to hear Hopkirk's reason for his town/metaread on you.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 4176, EeveeLution Army wrote:Is hectic confirmed too?
Are you confirmed?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Hectic »

And yeah, I can confirm myself as town if you're wondering.
I'm no fool; I've read the wiki page on Lynch All Liars, so there's no way I'm lying this game.
If I was scum, I would've claimed it from the start to avoid a horrible liar's death. But instead, I've been truthful from the start about my Survivor Miller claim.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 4180, EeveeLution Army wrote:Okay. So that leaves. Titus(town cause dave is town)
Aaron(who is being helpful)
And kop(who im still convinced isnt a real person)
Remind me what this is for?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by davesaz »

I don't get the Titus part of that at all.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4206, davesaz wrote:I don't get the Titus part of that at all.
That makes two of us. I'd love to coast until we got a scum flip but lol
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 4201, Hectic wrote:

I don't get the Profii or Billy townreads there. Wiki states that neghbours can still be scum, they're not masons, which is an entirely different role.
Both of these required some contextual analysis. Profii claimed neighbors with rooster/gobble who flipped traitor. It wouldnt make sense for Profii to be scum here, because it would have defeated the purpose of the traitor role. Something left out of this was that Profii claimed backup tracker and now we had tchill's flip. So while his backup role and his neighbor association dont require him to be town, they both heavily suggest it.

As for me, I claimed VT as a way to verify someone that seemed to be softing neapolitan. It was in the context of Cliff saying he thought his role may have negative utility and not sure if there was a VT. JJD was the one that proposed the idea of a single.VT claiming. I volunteered. You can make of that what you will, but I think the context is relevant both with Profii and with my claim.
Cliff Booth
Cliff Booth
Goon
Cliff Booth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Cliff Booth »

since im still waiting for my question to be answered. I'm confused. I thought a traitor was converted to scum when they try to kill them
Cliff Booth
Cliff Booth
Goon
Cliff Booth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Cliff Booth »

if that can SOMETIMES be true of a traitor then isn't profii basically town because gobble would have been able to say "look i know you're scum and these are your scummates. I'm not the kind of traitor that you want to shoot"
Cliff Booth
Cliff Booth
Goon
Cliff Booth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by Cliff Booth »

or would gobble even know if he could be converted? why tf was gobble shot anyway? it doesn't really make sense for scum to shoot him over someone else there. maybe they picked up the traitor crumb and thought he would be the kind to convert?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by davesaz »

In Normal games, traitors don't convert -- if my memory of the guidelines thread is correct.

As for the gobble kill, if scum thought the traitor would out them, they might want to eliminate the liability. Especially if they were looking good in terms of game position. Though with multiple quasi-investigatives seeming to be the setup style I think they'd likely be very sure they were going to get outed for that to have a higher priority.

I don't remember if gobble 'confirmed' profii in the neighborhood or if all we have to go on is profii saying he's there. Lack of a CC means it's probably true anyway even if it's not confirmed.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by davesaz »

I'm not sure what to think of Eevee. Some of that posting is facepalm bad, but is it scum trying to look bad in order to avoid any difficult stances?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by davesaz »

I don't like to be in the situation of (kinda) knowing someone has had a rough ride in RL recently, and not knowing whether to attribute a subpar performance to that or if they're just scum. Titus's lack of active solving is beginning to give me scumread vibes.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Post by Kop »

I've not received any fruit any night.

(For some reason, can't post on mobile data as I.P address is blacklisted, so have to wait till have WIFI to make a post. Will look into it today.)
You'll Never Walk Alone!
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by profii »

In post 4215, Kop wrote:I've not received any fruit any night.

(For some reason, can't post on mobile data as I.P address is blacklisted, so have to wait till have WIFI to make a post. Will look into it today.)
Try something like the puffin browser app - it acts as a vpn and can circumvent these things
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by profii »

I think we just need rick (and technically Carca,) to confirm no fruit n1
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:13 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 4208, Billy Pilgrim wrote:

Both of these required some contextual analysis. Profii claimed neighbors with rooster/gobble who flipped traitor. It wouldnt make sense for Profii to be scum here, because it would have defeated the purpose of the traitor role. Something left out of this was that Profii claimed backup tracker and now we had tchill's flip. So while his backup role and his neighbor association dont require him to be town, they both heavily suggest it.

As for me, I claimed VT as a way to verify someone that seemed to be softing neapolitan. It was in the context of Cliff saying he thought his role may have negative utility and not sure if there was a VT. JJD was the one that proposed the idea of a single.VT claiming. I volunteered. You can make of that what you will, but I think the context is relevant both with Profii and with my claim.
Thanks for explaining.
Makes Profii likely town. I'd say your claim is NAI though, could just be a goon claiming VT.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:09 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 4218, Hectic wrote:
In post 4208, Billy Pilgrim wrote:

Thanks for explaining.
Makes Profii likely town. I'd say your claim is NAI though, could just be a goon claiming VT.
Sure if I'm lying I could definitely be lying. But a nea is a stronger vanilla cop. It returns results of VT/not VT. So if I was a goon volunteering to be checked, the lie would be caught out. I'm sure you knew that already though, since it's in the wiki. ;-)
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:43 pm

Post by profii »

In post 4191, Cliff Booth wrote:Since I've basically exposed the entire reason I'm wanting an answer for this anyway,
I should clarify that the person that I actually sent fruit to on night one
hasnt answered yet.
I am very close to laying down my Cliff vote.
I'm happy to hear out how this is going to go but I think Cliff has to go.

Obviously Cliff is going to say 'well I really sent my fruit to xxxxx on N1' and I cannot see any kind of subtle nod from anyone suggesting they got the fruit and being ok that Cliff was posing a guilty on JJD when someone else knew it was infact just a guess.

So whoever this is person ends up being, Cliff + that person are going to have to go some to convince me that it's true.

My best guess is Cliff is a scum disloyal simple FV and he gave Billy the fruit to try and give credit to his own narrative as obviously Billy claimed so that was an easy win for Cliff.

That would suggest Bob is a VT which would be proven if Cliff flips as per my prediction but I dont know as I'm just musing right now so I will sit patiently and wait for the tale of this fruit and we will make a decision from there I guess
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:25 am

Post by Hectic »

Ah, was confusing Vanilla Cop with Neopolitan. So many roles I've memorised from the wiki that I sometimes get confused in my own mind palace.
Makes your claim slightly town-indicative in that case.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:21 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 4220, profii wrote:
In post 4191, Cliff Booth wrote:Since I've basically exposed the entire reason I'm wanting an answer for this anyway,
I should clarify that the person that I actually sent fruit to on night one
hasnt answered yet.
I am very close to laying down my Cliff vote.
I'm happy to hear out how this is going to go but I think Cliff has to go.

Obviously Cliff is going to say 'well I really sent my fruit to xxxxx on N1' and I cannot see any kind of subtle nod from anyone suggesting they got the fruit and being ok that Cliff was posing a guilty on JJD when someone else knew it was infact just a guess.

So whoever this is person ends up being, Cliff + that person are going to have to go some to convince me that it's true.

My best guess is Cliff is a scum disloyal simple FV and he gave Billy the fruit to try and give credit to his own narrative as obviously Billy claimed so that was an easy win for Cliff.

That would suggest Bob is a VT which would be proven if Cliff flips as per my prediction but I dont know as I'm just musing right now so I will sit patiently and wait for the tale of this fruit and we will make a decision from there I guess
Cliff should eat rope today no matter what. If by some chance he's town loyal fruit vendor, then whoever he gave fruit to N1 is either conf town if they did receive it, or conf scum if they didn't.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:24 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 4221, Hectic wrote:Ah, was confusing Vanilla Cop with Neopolitan. So many roles I've memorised from the wiki that I sometimes get confused in my own mind palace.
Makes your claim slightly town-indicative in that case.
Only slightly town indicitave? There is zero reason to claim vt in that situation when we thought there was a nea.

Hectic I can never get a good read on you.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:27 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 4079, texcat wrote:I'm going to vote for Cliff whenever we're ready. No one ever knows the vote count. Worst case is that we get a conf town out of the deal. In the meantime,

VOTE: Garmr
tex could be Cliff's partner is he flips scum. Don't like this bizarre attempt to distract from the Cliff/JJD situation.

Why the vote on Garmr?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”