Micro 894: Marked for Death!! [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:44 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.12

GuiltyLion
(0) :
Chemist1422
(0) :
GeorgeBailey
(0) :
Osetr
(0) :
Dancing Puppets
(0) :
Elements
(1) : GeorgeBailey
DrDolittle
(4) : Chemist1422, Caesar Wills It, Dancing Puppets, DrDolittle
Caesar Wills It
(3) : GuiltyLion, Osetr, Elements

not voting:

with 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2019-10-22 08:00:00) or earlier automatically if a majority lynch is achieved.

mod notes:

- quack
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:53 am

Post by the worst »

Spoiler: flavour
hotel paxton, scumington. wednesday, scumtober 28th, 2027. circa 22.50pmThe lobby doors flung open, a flustered woman in heavy disguise bursting through them.

Skygazer lifted her badge, effortlessly flashing it to the hotel staff who had leaped up. Apparently equally baffled, they turned to each other, shrugged, and resumed their post.

Across the lobby almost as soon as she had entered it, Sky rapidly pressed the "call elevator button", muttering under her breath anxiously.

"It was him. It's him. It must be him." she mused to herself.

Ding!

The elevator.

The whole way up to the 13th floor, Sky went through the lab notes in her head. Head Scientist Micc was a fellow night owl; as soon as he'd finished his tests on the poison used on MagikHorse he'd lit up her phone.

The poison was from the rare Australian goosesnake - the same animal one of our culprits had just been researching. What's more? There was no way of forcefully extracting the venom. This extremely wily snake had to be coaxed into giving it of its own free-will.

Only one suspect had the unique access to the Australian goosesnake and the unique ability to coax it out.

"DrDolittle!" Skygazer called, rapping on the suspect's door.

No reply.

"DrDolittle, we need to speak to you right away." Sky improvised. "It's hotel management."

No reply.

Stopping for a moment to collect her thoughts, Sky noticed something.

A tiny object was jammed in the bottom of the door. For all appearances of being shut, the door was just ajar. Drawing her firearm, Sky thrust the door open.

"Honk... honk."
A weak voice greeted her. Sky placed her weapon back into its holster.

The form of DrDolittle lay before her, with some unsightly modifications. White feathers sprouted from his body, and the face she had looked upon just earlier today was no more. It had been replaced by a long hideous beak and two big, black, beady eyes.

As Sky tried to process what she was looking at, the goosified prodigal vet known as DrDolittle breathed his final honk.

DrDolittle has been lynched.
He was a
Vanilla Townie

It is now Night One. This phase will end in (expired on 2019-10-24 08:30:00) or earlier if all living players contact me to consent to a fast night.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:00 am

Post by the worst »

Spoiler: flavour
hotel paxton, scumington. thursday, scumtober 29th, 2027. circa 8.00amThe following morning, the lobby of Hotel Paxton was in quite a ruckus. Skygazer arrived around the 8am mark, somewhat weary from her late night visit to DrDolittle. After finding the doctor's goosified corpse, realistically clearing him of any involvement in the MagikHorse murder, Sky had returned to her apartment, obsessing over case notes, completely unable to sleep. She had left the body in its room, calling the emergency number under the guise of hotel staff. She'd fix the paperwork later. Her cover was too deep to risk blowing.

It didn't seem that the doctor's death was the cause for the morning's chaos, though. There were concerned whispers amongst the staff for sure, but they sounded closer to speculative and concerned. Not shocked and appalled.

Keeping a careful eye out for anyone approaching, Sky approached a stressed-looking concierge, sitting alone in the corner of the room.

"I heard the news," Sky lied, as smoothly as possible. "How are you holding up?"

The concierge swallowed, looking up at her with wide eyes.

"I just... I don't know what to think. Mr. Paxton never takes ill, and when he does he normally just worked through it. Rachel says that when she tried to talk to him this morning he... made a honking noise? Doesn't that sound like that art gallery guy's death from the paper?" the concierge burst out, scarcely stopping to breathe.

"Mr. Paxton--you mean GuiltyLion?" Sky replied, too shocked to keep up appearances.

"Of course," the concierge replied. "What rumour had you heard?"

Sky excused herself, too thrown by the news to continue the conversation.

She couldn't believe it. She knew at that moment:

GuiltyLion
has been...
MARKED

FOR

DEATH!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:02 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 2.00

GuiltyLion
(0) :
Chemist1422
(0) :
GeorgeBailey
(0) :
Osetr
(0) :
Dancing Puppets
(0) :
Elements
(0) :
Caesar Wills It
(0) :

not voting:
GuiltyLion, Chemist1422, GeorgeBailey, Osetr, Dancing Puppets, Elements, Caesar Wills It

with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2019-10-31 09:00:00) or earlier automatically if a majority lynch is achieved.

mod notes:

- GuiltyLion is marked, and confirmed to be aligned with the town
- quack
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:06 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh no! curse you scumz
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

not gonna lie I'm still insanely tunneled on Caesar and thus one of Chemist/Elements for the partner by proxy but I do want to leave this game in a salvageable state in case I have somehow borked it on the Caesar read

Elements - please explain to the best of your ability why you were townreading Caesar yesterday to the point that you unvoted him while he was at L-1, and then what prompted you to revote him again with less than an hour to deadline?

Caesar - why would you give Elements a pass () for his predecessor's behavior simply for replacing in? Why was Doolittle a better vote than Ceejay/Elements? And are you intentionally ignoring my ? Want to answer that now that I'm confirmed town?

Chemist/DP - you were wrong on Doolittle scumreads and neither of you pushed much else. How does the game look to you now?

also curious why I was marked instead of Osetr who seems to be a consensus townread
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 272, Elements wrote:
In post 271, Osetr wrote:
In post 269, Elements wrote:Ceaser is using his gimmick yada yada yada but when I read through his ISO he was scum hunting. It takes effort to wind that into a gimmick. So I think that's town.
DDL's posts are too emotive, and don't feel fake emotive, to be scum.
caesar always makes a big post and dips though instead of engaging when active
so you're saying his playstyle is NAI yet you're still scum reading him for it?
also Elements, what is your read on Osetr? Because this post frankly was awful
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 269, Elements wrote:Ceaser is using his gimmick yada yada yada but when I read through his ISO he was scum hunting. It takes effort to wind that into a gimmick. So I think that's town.
so you're saying his playstyle is NAI yet you're still scum reading him for it?
In post 273, Elements wrote:
so you're saying his playstyle is NAI so you're scum reading him for the content of the posts?
EBWOP
in fact this whole progression just feels rather scummy. Because your "edit" suggests two entirely different mentalities and I don't see how a townie would genuinely write the first post then "clarify" to the second

The first post is meant solely to discredit Osetr's scumread, the tone is aggressive and all you're doing is asking him a 'gotcha' style question to imply his scumread is bad.

the second post is a walk back, it's presenting more as if it's a genuine question. but it's a very shallow question, and it completely misses Osetr's point which is that the style of play/behavior in itself was scummy - he never said anything about it being NAI nor did he say the content of the posts.

It really just looks like you wrote the first post then got paranoid/worried about how aggressive/leading/false that question was, so you tried to "EBWOP" into something more safe/palatable.
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Osetr »

all i can say is

DOLITTLE

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKK
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by Osetr »

i kinda calmed down through the night phase, but this is still annoying

@guilty idk why i wasnt marked but im quite happy with it, means i can play longer
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Dancing Puppets »

In post 305, GuiltyLion wrote:not gonna lie I'm still insanely tunneled on Caesar and thus one of Chemist/Elements for the partner by proxy but I do want to leave this game in a salvageable state in case I have somehow borked it on the Caesar read

Elements - please explain to the best of your ability why you were townreading Caesar yesterday to the point that you unvoted him while he was at L-1, and then what prompted you to revote him again with less than an hour to deadline?

Caesar - why would you give Elements a pass () for his predecessor's behavior simply for replacing in? Why was Doolittle a better vote than Ceejay/Elements? And are you intentionally ignoring my ? Want to answer that now that I'm confirmed town?

Chemist/DP - you were wrong on Doolittle scumreads and neither of you pushed much else. How does the game look to you now?

also curious why I was marked instead of Osetr who seems to be a consensus townread
I’m kind of trying to wrap my brain around what Elements was thinking. He tr Caesar over DDL yet votes Caeser minutes to EoD when it makes absolutely no difference. I think if either one flips scum, they could possibly be linked.
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:43 pm

In post 308, Osetr wrote:all i can say is

DOLITTLE

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKK
DDL clearly didn’t read the setup. Let’s have no more “heroes” in the game self-voting, please.
When the deadline expires, the day will end with the majority wagon being lynched.
In the event of there being competing majority wagons, the one which reached its majority first will be lynched.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:47 pm

In post 244, Elements wrote:I think both the current lynch targets are probably town. Ceaser more so. Given no night kill I wouldn't be against the controversial no lynch day 1
In post 290, Elements wrote:VOTE: caeser
@Elements, please explain this?
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by Osetr »

was the caesar vote before dolittle self vote or after?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 313, Osetr wrote:was the caesar vote before dolittle self vote or after?
it was after
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:54 am

Post by Elements »

In post 312, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 244, Elements wrote:I think both the current lynch targets are probably town. Ceaser more so. Given no night kill I wouldn't be against the controversial no lynch day 1
@Elements, please explain this?
GL convinced me otherwise
Osetr
Osetr
Goon
Osetr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:32 am

Post by Osetr »

but your vote was blank

town would at least write someting like "fine, i'll switch or something"

VOTE: Caesar this shouldve been lynched d1

NEVER self vote
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:09 am

Post by Elements »

In post 316, Osetr wrote:NEVER self vote
VOTE: elements
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Elements »

In post 316, Osetr wrote:but your vote was blank
I do a vast quantity of blank voting
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:11 am

Post by Elements »

VOTE: chemist
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:02 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 282, GuiltyLion wrote:I say power Lynch Elements tomorrow because the townread on Caesar is so unfathomably bad it's either white-knight or save-my-buddy territory
I agree, but not only on the town read. His fast shift from town read, to a naked vote is troubling. And suggesting a no-lynch seems like stalling.
Elements only switched AFTER DDL was lynched.
I think CJ was scummy, and if Caesar is scum, then his vote at the beginning was probably a scum-distancing tactic. CJ never had a big wagon against him, so the vote seemed safe.

GL also made a good point here.
In post 283, GuiltyLion wrote:ESPECIALLY given that Caesar was scumreading Elements' predecessor but voting elsewhere

imagine being town replacing into a town slot, seeing a wagon at L-1 that's shading you on entrance yet voting their counter wagon for objectively incorrect and unexplained reasons, and then thinking they're town.
The only thing that's throwing me off, is
In post 153, ceejayvinoya wrote:Ugh nothing is happening.

VOTE: Caesar

Let's go here. He's doing worse than George.
This could be another distancing, but Caesar's wagon was getting pretty large. It could be co-ordinated that since right after, Caesar voted DoLittle (he WAS put to L-1 right after),

@Osetr
I think this is much more scum indicative than all of Caesar's posts, and if Elements turns out to be scum, then Caesar is definitely too.

VOTE: Elements
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Elements »

In post 320, GeorgeBailey wrote:
@Osetr
I think this is much more scum indicative than all of Caesar's posts, and if Elements turns out to be scum, then Caesar is definitely too.
And when I flip town?
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Saudade »

the_best
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:45 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 321, Elements wrote:And when I flip town?
Then I look suspicious, and people will definitely suspect me as a scum duo with Caesar, seeing as how we both voted You/CJ early game. If Osetr and GL think Caesar is still more scum than you, then i'll go either way. But you both are my top scum reads right now.

I don't find Chemist particularly scummy contrary to DDL's speculations. And while puppets did vote up DDL, their reasoning wasn't baseless.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by the worst »

quack

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”