Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by profii »

A point for discussing then
UNVOTE:

I'm pretty torn too

It kinda makes sense that as a simple, cliff didnt push his guilty on day 2

It's annoying and reckless that he did on day 3 to the loss of JJD

It's also feasible that in the JJD vs Cliff bit, cliff guessed he got a fruit which makes all claims reconcile properly thus far

So given it all adds up and a few people have said they are not sure I think we have to choose today:

We agree cliff is a simple FV and he systematically clears and simple roles day by day and we trust it... if we dont fully agree this, he will be left alive to create doubt so as town we need a united front to get scum to kill him, verifying everything- we need to be willing to trust him in lylo

Alternatively we lynch him and either get 1 scum or 2 innos which isnt a bad deal

Third outsider possibility, we ask the vig to kill so we can lynch better today and verify our innos tomorrow

If we dont all commit to trusting cliff all the way then it wont work imo
Cliff Booth
Cliff Booth
Goon
Cliff Booth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by Cliff Booth »

That's a tall order sir I need to die
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 4287, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Hectic, under your formula 3(5)+1=16. 6 would fit better 3(6)+1=19.

I'm curious because I'm wondering if we can give Cliff another night to confirm another VT. But if theres 6 scum, then tomorrow is LYLO and Cliff cant make LYLO.
There's 21 players this game.
So 5 scum and 16 town fit the formula is what I mean.
But davesaz is right, traitor means it's probably 6 scum, so 5 alive right now.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:25 pm

Post by Hectic »

All this reluctance to lynch Cliff is making me more confident on his death. We can't guarantee we have a vig and that scum doesn't have a doctor.
Cliff still gets banished to the abyssal wiki today.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:24 am

Post by Hectic »

Came across a nice term on the HowStuffWorks wiki today: Occam's Razor.

Is it more likely that this is Cliff's "biggest fuckup to date", or is he just scum?
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:28 am

Post by EeveeLution Army »

Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:03 am

Post by Hectic »

What do you think, Eevee?
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:36 am

In post 4302, Hectic wrote:
In post 4287, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Hectic, under your formula 3(5)+1=16. 6 would fit better 3(6)+1=19.

I'm curious because I'm wondering if we can give Cliff another night to confirm another VT. But if theres 6 scum, then tomorrow is LYLO and Cliff cant make LYLO.
There's 21 players this game.
So 5 scum and 16 town fit the formula is what I mean.
But davesaz is right, traitor means it's probably 6 scum, so 5 alive right now.

i like how i said the same thing with the same reasoning, was called incorrect. dave says it and is correct. explain
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:39 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I think that usually, it's that Cliff is scum. I think that the way Cliff has played post-admission of lie means this isnt a situation where there are less assumptions to establish Cliff as scum.

@Dave, I need you to help me through why Bob's claim gets less weight. As I remember, Cliff just asked everyone who got fruit. Bob said he did and Cliff then confirmed he had sent it. I dont see why that gets less weight.

The way I see it is as follows (for this analysis let's assume Cliff flips as claimed)
If Cliff is the role he says he is we have 4 townies confirmed - Dave (conf by mod), Carc (flipped pr conf), me and Bob by receiving fruit.

I am basically treating Profii as conf!town because it would have defeated the traitor mechanic to put Gobble in a neighborhood with scum.

That means that scum is within (Kop, Rick, Hectic, Eevee, Titus, Hop, Garmr, Aaron, and tex)

I believe Cliff. I think that Profii does. I think that Dave does. That's three of my high townreads that buy that this is the wrong lynch. I think some of the push on Cliff may be coming from scum to avoid having another conf!townie when he flips.

We have 15 players at the moment. The speculation seems to be 5 scum, which means 9 town. If that's true we have 2 days before LYLO assuming 2 mislynches. I'd trust Cliff in LYLO at this point, because I cant see scum motivation outside of anger play but the lie. And I dont know why he chooses a 1v1 there with a weak pr. And I dont see a scum motivation in basically begging for his lynch. So I'm good with him.

I think that now may be a good time for mass claim and we could actually get either some guilty or conf!townie results from Cliff tomorrow. It also gives us enough time before LYLO to either check some of those PR claims and if we keep Cliff alive to check the VT claims as well.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:45 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

VC 2.9
Cliff Booth - (6):
bob3141, AaronFrost, Titus, Carcalilly, Hectic, texcat
texcat (1):
Cliff Booth

Not Voting:
Billy Pilgrim, Garmr, Hopkirk, Koo, Rick Dalton, EeveeLution Army, davesaz, profii

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-04 05:42:21)
Last edited by Lil Uzi Vert on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Actually let me match this a second, then I probably won't post for at least 12 hours.

Assuming 5 scum, we have today and tomorrow to mislynch. I'm basically considering 5 people as conf!town. So theres 4 more townies in that pool of 9 I identified earlier. So we're probably to the point that scum is not gonna kill in that pool unless we give them a reason to, like 1 of them claims a PR. And we have at least 1 town or that can investigate the claimed prs and 1 1 town pr that can investigate the claimed VTs. If we keep Cliff alive, he can investigate at least one of the VT claims.

Assuming we mislynch, scum kill a conf!townie and Cliff gets an inno, then we're at 5 conf!townies and the lynch pool is down to 7 with all five scum there.

If we mislynch, and Cliff gets a guilty, we only have 4 conf!townies, but we have a guaranteed kill for LYLO or we could lynch that that day.

Look, if we trust Cliff (which I do) town can basically PoE this for a win. If we force a mass claim now, i think it enhances our chances.

I think we should mass claim. I already claimed, so did Profii, Cliff, and Garmr. If I have a choice, i want to popcorn to texcat.

On a side note, did Garmr claim n3 target?
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:56 am

im willing to claim when asked, though i understand if u wanna wait for texcat. since my claim could effect his if he was scum, though note i did soft my claim a long time ago. it wasnt that good of a soft. but it exists
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 4310, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Actually let me match this a second, then I probably won't post for at least 12 hours.

Assuming 5 scum, we have today and tomorrow to mislynch. I'm basically considering 5 people as conf!town. So theres 4 more townies in that pool of 9 I identified earlier. So we're probably to the point that scum is not gonna kill in that pool unless we give them a reason to, like 1 of them claims a PR. And we have at least 1 town or that can investigate the claimed prs and 1 1 town pr that can investigate the claimed VTs. If we keep Cliff alive, he can investigate at least one of the VT claims.

Assuming we mislynch, scum kill a conf!townie and Cliff gets an inno, then we're at 5 conf!townies and the lynch pool is down to 7 with all five scum there.

If we mislynch, and Cliff gets a guilty, we only have 4 conf!townies, but we have a guaranteed kill for LYLO or we could lynch that that day.

Look, if we trust Cliff (which I do) town can basically PoE this for a win. If we force a mass claim now, i think it enhances our chances.

I think we should mass claim. I already claimed, so did Profii, Cliff, and Garmr. If I have a choice, i want to popcorn to texcat.

Yeah hopkirk and no result. I thought because hopkirk claimed to have a investigative role of sorts it would attract a scum role if he wasn't killed.
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:01 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 4312, Garmr wrote:
In post 4310, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Actually let me match this a second, then I probably won't post for at least 12 hours.

Yeah hopkirk and no result. I thought because hopkirk claimed to have a investigative role of sorts it would attract a scum role if he wasn't killed.
By no result I mean no one visted him not a action fail just to clarify before a misunderstanding happens. The wording was "Did not see anything."
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Hectic »

Guess I reconsidered, Eevee. But I think it's the lower end (6 total).
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:31 am

ye could be
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:31 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Cliff: I'm seeing something that makes me think this is plausible. Did you soft anywhere else?

@Hectic: how are you reading Titus?
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:34 am

Post by Hopkirk »

And I'm looking at a yes or no on that Cliff.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm only lynching in (Cliff/Eevee/Titus) unless we have results.
Titus would be viable here.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:38 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Aaron is not scum if Cliff is scum based on votecounts.

The strategy of keeping Cliff alive requires 2 or 3 more VT claims right?

If Bob claims not-VT we auto lynch Cliff obviously.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Vig would have shot if we have one.

We have enough confirmed town massclaiming and coordinating to prove actions might be reasonable.

Eevee/Titus first then I'm happy to claim.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:49 am

Post by AaronFrost »

I'm cool with popcorn style mass claim.

tex is next Billy popcorned them, then tex picks someone and we keep on going.

I'm almost certain we don't have a vig.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:51 am

Post by texcat »

Are you all forgetting that JJD had a guilty on Cliff? Are we forgetting that Cliff did nothing about JJD until he got pressed? I also don't like Cliff's tactic today of wait, wait don't lynch me yet, I've got something important to say, I'll tell you what really happened ...... oh, it's the same thing I already told you. I think he's scum, but even if he's town, he needs to go so that we can confirm Billy and Bob.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:53 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 4308, Billy Pilgrim wrote:@Dave, I need you to help me through why Bob's claim gets less weight. As I remember, Cliff just asked everyone who got fruit. Bob said he did and Cliff then confirmed he had sent it. I dont see why that gets less weight.
scum!Bob could know he was Cliff's target if scum have a role like watcher or tracker, or even voyeur for that matter. Or he could guess he'd be the target as someone who hadn't claimed a role, since Cliff can only target simple. It's risky, but scumteam are in a very good place and even better if they get someone "confirmed".

We didn't even know for sure there was a FV in play when you initially claimed receiving it. Scum could still know from N1 results, granted, but the probability is much less than it is when they know who to examine N3.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:55 am

Post by texcat »

In post 4321, AaronFrost wrote:I'm cool with popcorn style mass claim.

tex is next Billy popcorned them, then tex picks someone and we keep on going.

I'm almost certain we don't have a vig.
I think we should postpone the claim until Day 5, but am willing to start if our conf town (Dave, Profii, Carca) think it's better to claim now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”