he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:42 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3618, Egix96 wrote:
In post 3594, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 3188, Egix96 wrote:My vote's on teacher in spirit.

Good job Woop :]
In post 3472, Egix96 wrote:
In post 3381, Wooper wrote:UNVOTE: volpe is indeed town
I have no idea about teacher's alignment and am still irritated we didn't get a rxn from him
It's okay, he's still scum.
In post 3473, Egix96 wrote:
In post 3386, teacher wrote:Im not mech sort - see Newb 1959 (just ended, so couldnt talk before).

Im I have like 13 pasges to catchup on. Anyone want to give me the TL/DR?
Woop and I both know you're scum. Break out the lolcats.
@Egix
can you explain why you are scumreading teacher right now? You seem to be pretty confident, but these are the only posts I can find where you talk about him. It looks like you started scumreading him once Wooper posted the fake guilty, but kept the read even after Wooper retracted.
Let me put it this way:

Fmpov this game makes little sense if Teach is town.
As in, I can't really imagine a three-person maf team without him on it.
In post 3636, Egix96 wrote:VOTE: teacher

Whether it's 3 or 4 on Woop, that's still too many.
In post 3644, Egix96 wrote:
In post 3638, Wooper wrote:
In post 3636, Egix96 wrote:VOTE: teacher

Whether it's 3 or 4 on Woop, that's still too many.
his alignment is confirmed via massclaim
it's an open thing

@teacher we're not lynching me because I'm town. if you are town and don't like my pk vote find a better target for me plsssssss
Fffffine

UNVOTE:

VOTE: pisskop

I mostly think this a v weird series of posts to come from scum here given that teacher is an un-CC'd doc in a setup where we know there has to be a doc from the nsg flip
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3899, skitter30 wrote:I believe menalque made the argument in good faith and that he means it
You also believed ofrhz to be obv!town and it took a Town Vig to remove YOU for her to get caught. Just saying.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Menalque »

Do you think I’m scum or wrong town?

If I’m wrong town then why am I wrong instead of ignoring me
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:45 am

Post by Menalque »

Or fine, not ignoring, but just memeing around me instead of actually talking

Like I think you’ve barely spoken to me seriously all game?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

I have no idea what you want me to say. Go look up the game we were scum together if you want, and see if this is similar play by me. But seriously I do not rely heavily on meta (unless it's something obvious), so I still don't know what you want me to say. Do I need to tell you exactly what I told skitter about why I would fake a guilty on DDL under the circumstances it happened? You even TR Teacher, so why would scum!me ever bring another guilty into the equation there?

Look, I don't like to be on the defence, and I don't see your case on me so I can't respond to it point by point. The fact is I am playing my regular town game and that's all for me.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3901, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3899, skitter30 wrote:I believe menalque made the argument in good faith and that he means it
You also believed ofrhz to be obv!town and it took a Town Vig to remove YOU for her to get caught. Just saying.
The town vig was awful and why are you finding menalque to be analagous to ofrhz there ? (I.e. as opposed to me there)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

because it's the same thing. You are finding reasons for him to be Town rather than trying to sort him. It's the same as you did with ofrhz there.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

A50 can you tell me your reads. I’m also open to a "why i’m town and who we should lynch instead" kinda pep talk since i’m basically just sheeping Menalque’s: "It’s hard to lynch you" argument here and i’m personally a bit unsure about your slot.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Got told that I'll probably have monday off.

Hype for my re:read/rework solve??
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Fwiw if you're playing the reputation game with NSG read on Egix I'll play reputation fame in my PoEs too

In my recent games I haven't been much wrong in my PoEs as far as I remember

I'll even quote it later

Then...seriously consider sheeping me pretty please??

Thank you?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3904, Almost50 wrote:I have no idea what you want me to say. Go look up the game we were scum together if you want, and see if this is similar play by me. But seriously I do not rely heavily on meta (unless it's something obvious), so I still don't know what you want me to say.
Do I need to tell you exactly what I told skitter about why I would fake a guilty on DDL under the circumstances it happened? You even TR Teacher, so why would scum!me ever bring another guilty into the equation there?

Look, I don't like to be on the defence, and I don't see your case on me so I can't respond to it point by point. The fact is I am playing my regular town game and that's all for me.
1) I mean yeah maybe bc that was aimed at skitt and I haven't seen you crumb jackshit?

2) idk what your point is with this question, how do you mean bringing another guilty into the equation there and what does it have to do with teacher?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Menalque »

who do you even want to lynch atm volpe?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

@All: I am a replacement in this game, which means I don['t want to effort much. If you SR me just vote me. I already claimed and gave my fair share of reads. I am not going to repeat myself nor am I going to give this game more effort than it deserves.

Right now I think skitter/Volpe/DDL/Teacher are my TRs (in that order). I am actually skeptical if Teacher but he can be at the top if no CC is confirmed (I kinda suspect there is another Doctor who is keeping it low)

I don't mind lynching in the other slots, so if you're scum outside the avove mentioned 4 please vote me cuz I will hammer you if I do get the chance to.

Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Volpe14 »

@Menalque I'm just a jumbled mess of feelings at this moment.

I could answer some consensus SRs slots but I would rather first get my clean and start from 0 again.

I did that in Hope One More Plus for example and the result was
excellent
. I got a very clear view of the game.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Volpe14 »

clean my head*
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:54 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 3912, Almost50 wrote:Right now I think skitter/Volpe/DDL/Teacher are my TRs (in that order)
i am pocketed and no longer sus of a50
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Menalque »

UNVOTE:

actually kind of having doubts about A50!scum

I did go and look at surprise again and his play was totally different there

also I kinda feel like this resignation only makes sense if he's being bussed and I don't really think anyone is bussing him rn
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3915, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 3912, Almost50 wrote:Right now I think skitter/Volpe/DDL/Teacher are my TRs (in that order)
i am pocketed and no longer sus of a50
not sure if srs
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:06 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3913, Volpe14 wrote:@Menalque I'm just a jumbled mess of feelings at this moment.

I could answer some consensus SRs slots but I would rather first get my clean and start from 0 again.

I did that in Hope One More Plus for example and the result was
excellent
. I got a very clear view of the game.
I kinda wanna hear where you're at now so that it's on the record
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hey
Menalque
and
Volpe
, I think these questions might have gone missed. If you're both still around please answer the following:
In post 2495, Menalque wrote:(1) lots of posting but v little actual content — the appearance of doing things while mostly avoiding it
This is a point that I disagree on. Where did you feel like he was giving the appearance of 'doing things'? Because honestly my impression/memory is that most of his iso has been of a humorous/carefree nature and don't really get the sense that he's motivated by earning town-cred in this game.
In post 3333, Volpe14 wrote:do you really think that scum!me is idiot enough to act like this if someone ever fakeclaimed?
Can you explain what you meant by this?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1086, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1076, the worst wrote:Running the risk of making an optically scummy post because I'm kinda in awe.... A50 I'm trying to remember a time when you misread me and I can't think of one. Do you actually have a 100% read rate on me?

Obviously not counting Starcraft because you were on point but we bossed you into abandoning your read :P
I am not sure, but let me ask you this: How well are you familiar with Flavor Leaf's recent play style? And how about his dynamic relation with RCE in multiple games they play together?
In post 1094, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1088, the worst wrote:i know they're both bloody fun but i'm pretty out of date
That's disappointing, as my main reason to TR you was because I thought you were crumbing Vig with your D3 reference.

For those who don't know: It's an ongoing joke that was started by FL, who fake claimed D3 IC as a Town Vig. From then on he has been doing it for the memes and the one who mostly responds to the joke is RCE. I thought tw was doing it his way when he said he's be useless until -say- D3 (of course this is a paraphrase as I can't be bothered to go dig the exact quote, but iirc it may have been post #47?? Anyway, I did quote it in my ISO when I called tw town)
In post 1100, Almost50 wrote:
In post 494, Menalque wrote:what is micro 840 and why does everyone seem to keep talking about it
Stop asking such meaningless questions. What do you think Micro 840 is? A new mobile/cellular type? A sandwich/meal at McDonalds?? It's a bloody game. Now go read it if you want to know what they're referencing or just ignore the reference and move on.
In post 1139, Almost50 wrote:So, Bingle is 60% likely to be the SK and if he is ten he 95% picked the 1-shot BP. It thus would be beneficial for scum to shoot him tonight and when he doesn't die they know where they ought to shoot "comes the right time". I wouldn't recommend the Vig (if exists) to shoot there though, because we don't want to waste our shots and we don't want to lose the SK's support in case scum are making an early advance on us. (That changes if we do lynch scum today though). That said, if we have a 1-shot Vig they should holster on N1 regardless (you don't want to be shooting a Cop with a guilty, nor do you wan to waste your shot on the SK). A full Vig though can use their best judgement in whether to shoot or not, and whom to shoot if we mislynch, and may consider shooting Bingle if we correctly lynch scum.
In post 1492, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1453, skitter30 wrote:I dont want to wagon egix rn
Then who the freak do you want to wagon? And -more importantly- why should I listen to you?

Let me tell you all that I no mostly join games as a replacement as a sympathy. I see an empty slot and I figure the game is less fun when people wait for a replacement, so i check the players list and the setup, and if I'm ok with both I jump in. That doesn't mean I intend to effort in any of them games. I just play "as it happens". I sometimes feel like reading and sometime want to just skim. I mostly search for TRs to sheep.

So, if any of you wants my support they'd need to convince me they're town first. Of course, they also need to have a good record as town because what's the point of being obv!town with bad reads as your meta?

We are still on D1 and we have no flips, so I cannot even do my thing with setup spec. Not even an IC has been revealed so all I know is my own role (which is SK. Remember?). I see a case on someone and I evaluate, and in Egix case I thought it was convincing enough to sheep. If you want to block that wagon you need to come up with a more convincing case, and/or town-case Egix for me.
In post 1501, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1455, skitter30 wrote:I'm not sure i am
I'll take a leap of faith and call skitter town here for the insecurity of her reads, but I'm still not sure if she's sheep-worthy, especially considering she doesn't even know whom she wants to vote for sure.

I will reiterate though: I am NOT going to read for details or give the game some extra effort today. I only read for jest or outright skim. I may read one or two specific posts when I feel like it, but not the whole thread.

I mean from a quick ISO skim this is some of it but like I said I'm not so sure on A50 now and I don't really get what you want to get out of asking me for clarification on something from like 1500 posts ago?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Menalque »

prob should have spoilers that actually, sorry
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 3920, Menalque wrote:I mean from a quick ISO skim this is some of it but like I said I'm not so sure on A50 now and I don't really get what you want to get out of asking me for clarification on something from like 1500 posts ago?
I'm not going to drop something just because it was 1500 posts ago and you never answered. I'm realizing with the fast pace of this thread I have to ask people questions when they're around and this is like the first time we've been online together.

Your vote for A50 felt weird to me (regardless of his alignment). Because I was getting the complete opposite impression of his posts from what you described there. Even though you just unvoted him, I still wanted to understand where you were coming from. The quotes help btw - I don't agree with the conclusion you formed but now I at least get where you were coming from.

The other thing that felt kinda weird to me was how you promised a case and then never did - instead you chose to push this 'wagon resistance' argument which I don't think is very concrete.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

EBWOP: And I'm not asking you to make a case against him now. I know I'm a little bit late to talk about this given your unvote.

That's just one of the other things that felt weird to me.
-Wickedestjr
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

;

Return to “Completed Open Games”