Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Something_Smart »

It's never worked before? :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:01 am

Swear to god I get the worst pagetops.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:01 am

Seriously though. I'm not easier to read under pressure.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 59, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 57, skitter30 wrote:Ok, what was your reasoning?
I'd rather not discuss it overtly at the moment, though I think it should be somewhat easily inferred. Happy to discuss a bit further down the road.
In post 60, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 59, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 57, skitter30 wrote:Ok, what was your reasoning?
I'd rather not discuss it overtly at the moment, though I think it should be somewhat easily inferred. Happy to discuss a bit further down the road.
Had a minute during my lunch break. God I hate posts like this. I was initially confused by Skitter's post that your RVS was scummy, but the explanation made alot of sense. You then shade Skitt for assuming a scummy motivation rather than asking your reasons. Skitt then asks your reasons and you do this vague appeal to some reasoning that you will provide down the road? What can you possibly gain by holding it back? You're not informed unless you're scum, someone's already talked about the draft numbers. There wasnt a n0 action. Wtf are you talking about here?

VOTE: Suji
In post 61, Sujimichi wrote:Discussing it currently will impact my reasoning in a way that makes it invalid, which I would like to prevent. If you could be a little patient, I will explain (I would like to assume later today or tomorrow at the latest).

Also, I wasn't shading Skitter. My comment on her is completely factual, but I haven't assigned a motivation to it. She still hasn't answered my question about what other interesting topics there were to discuss, however.
I'm generally fine with this sort of thing. I was initially not cool with Suji bc of the immediately asking skitter for info on why his vote was scummy. But in hindsight skitter really is working against 'more info early day 1' which seems a little bit of busywork.

I'm not going to ask for claims however, I have issues with the fact that I got my first choice and was not 1st or 2nd. Going to need some serious reasoning from people on why their choices were town motivated from the two above me.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

I think the governor debate is a little moot. A town players motivations for taking it would be egotistical in that they would have to be certain their reads are going to be great. JOAT seems straight up better but like I can get behind a town governor provided they are an egotistical dick as much as I'd hate it.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 77, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 50, skitter30 wrote:
In post 34, Sujimichi wrote:VOTE: Wooper
Scummy rvs vote
If you think its scummy why'd you keep your vote on your random target?

VOTE: Skitter
Solid point actually.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 84, Flubbernugget wrote:78 is pretty interesting
Not really, I have cases from similar draft styles and small-town games where scum specifically matched up to go low on list to distance. There's too many Strats to get bogged down in it as far as I can see.

This is a dangerous line day 1 because if we get strung down the wrong assumption it can fuck the entire game. I'd rather we all play normally and draw inferences day 3 or so after some flips.
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by TheWizard »

In post 15, skitter30 wrote:I didnt even realize this wasnt the original x|y until i asked why we had to give in a second number and the mod was like '... because that's what the setup is' with a faint note of exasperation
Do not quote mod messages.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 99, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 97, PMysterious wrote:Late to the party, but this is why I chose a number other than 1. I didn't even know what numbers were considered draft numbers.
Here's a theory:
Do you think that scums were more likely to understand that rule? They had a PT, they probably had a talk before choosing and they probably asked what the numbers meant since it's easier to ask that in a PT, rather than send a message to the mod, correct?

That means that people that make a nonsensical choice in terms of numbers have more chances to be town, while the people that have optimized numbers have more chances to be scum. That is unless scums are one step ahead, but yeah. That seems like a decent theory in my mind.
I honestly think people are lying bc it's the vogue thing to do at this point. No one wants to be seen as the person that knows what was happening bc of posts like this. Which I think is actually harmful bc it assumes town isn't full of liars which it always has and always will be.

Play the game normally, come back to this shit later.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 103, Something_Smart wrote:Scum have intentionally collided in previous PYP games if memory serves me right.
exactly
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 113, Sujimichi wrote:Why is Something_Smart obvious scum (The fact that I have to ask that question means it likely isn't obvious, so let's just go with "Why is Something_Smart scum")?
Same. I'm actually liking SS atm.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 116, Xayah wrote:
In post 113, Sujimichi wrote:Why is Something_Smart obvious scum (The fact that I have to ask that question means it likely isn't obvious, so let's just go with "Why is Something_Smart scum")?
Because S_S doesn't like scum and is honestly not the best at it. Sure, he's decent but he's no god. The thing S_S is gonna do here is instantly go into mech talk because mech talk is the most simple thing you can do to try and appear busy when really you're not. It's not helping and something I can see scum him going for right away. He's made one townread for 'a stupid reason' but that's it and doesn't go into more detail. Really, we should drop this and force people to play. Anyone regardless of your alignment or how bad you are can talk mech. Not everyone can be decent at mafia. Let's force people to play the game
If you want to vote busywork vote skitter.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

Vote: Skitter

Still not happy with the Suji poke.
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by TheWizard »

Something_Smart (2):
Xayah, nomnomnom
skitter30 (2):
Billy Pilgrim, Sirfetchd
wooper (1):
Sujimichi
Sirfetchd (1):
wooper
PMysterious (1):
skitter30
AaronFrost (1):
Kerset
nomnomnom (1):
AaronFrost

Not Voting (5):
Something_Smart, Flubbernugget, rb, Luca Blight, PMysterious

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-03 00:30:00)
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

Not votings should get on someone. Doesn't help if 40% of the list isn't establishing wagons.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

VOTE: skitter30
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 140, Sujimichi wrote:VOTE: skitter30
Did Sirfetchd convince you or it was coincidence?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

The mod convinced me when he posted the votecount.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

VOTE: Nomx3

I don’t like her setup spec at all, and then sheeping the SS vote after the setup spec nonsense got called out doesn’t feel very nice. I also didn’t like her response to Frost’s vote.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Glancing through the thread I don’t feel great about Skitter either. I think frost is Town atm. Flubber seems Town as well. Null on everyone else atm.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Oh yeah, slight scumread on Suj as well.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 143, Luca Blight wrote:VOTE: Nomx3

I don’t like her setup spec at all, and then sheeping the SS vote after the setup spec nonsense got called out doesn’t feel very nice. I also didn’t like her response to Frost’s vote.
Fairly sure nom explicitly stated not really understanding the spec, so this seems hella contrived. :/
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 144, Luca Blight wrote:Glancing through the thread I don’t feel great about Skitter either. I think frost is Town atm. Flubber seems Town as well. Null on everyone else atm.
And this is a convenient read for right this moment.

Added to scum list.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 146, Sirfetchd wrote:
In post 143, Luca Blight wrote:VOTE: Nomx3

Fairly sure nom explicitly stated not really understanding the spec, so this seems hella contrived. :/
It wasn’t that she didn’t understand it, it’s more the ‘what would Mafia be more likely to do’ type thing that doesn’t sit well with me. This not only shows herself in a better light due to her apparent ignorance of the setup but also is a waste of time.

For what it’s worth I also haven’t really digested the setup yet. I’ve been very busy recently and picked my numbers after a second’s thought.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 89, nomnomnom wrote:The setup spec discussion is flying a bit over my head, I'll be honest :P
So you think this is a lie, and that they were just waiting for an opportunity to jump in?

Bc everything after this looks like trying to have some sort of voice given that people were refusing to drop setup discussion.

Return to “Completed Open Games”