Mini Theme 2105: Assassins Mafia (Game Over!)

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's not only or even mainly a preflip assoc inference

If I see a 3 monther saying "your wincon when you roll scum is to nullread everyone, btw cool kids cut class and wear whatever sneakers the famous basketball players endorse", and the last three stances I can remember from that person are weak and pivotable I am happy to swallow Occam's razor and believe they play Associated Press/Reuters scum strats and then the weak reads being organic vs. fake is at least as good at 50/50
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

Also the scumreads on LA are some mix of mafia/assassin on her/"garbage"

Dumpster diving treasure hunting would be an ok strat
Sujimichi has sort of echoed why I wouldn't want to start with you for that
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:34 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 301, popsofctown wrote:Also the scumreads on LA are some mix of mafia/assassin on her/"garbage"
Mine is pretty simply laid out: Town wouldn't be afraid of being reaction tested.
No assassin motive. No "being garbage."

I don't know how to simplify this even more.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Town can be afraid of being reaction tested. It's a lot closer to "a pianist wouldn't be afraid of a piano recital" than it is to "an engineer wouldn't be afraid of an algebra test" to be saying that
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm on ny there's so many city things omg
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

There are buildings that make no sense
"Well, I..."
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:14 am

Post by MariaR »

VC 1.2
Pine
(3)
- tris unwnd Dunnstral
Lady Angel
(2)
- GuyinFreezer NaCl
Definitely Not Scum
(2)
- Pine Lady Angel
popsofctown
(1)
- Sujimichi
NaCl
(1)
- popsofctown
GuyinFreezer
(1)
- bitbringer
Not voting
- , Shadoweh, AbuHumaid, Definitely Not Scum

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline ends in (expired on 2019-11-03 22:08:30)
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:27 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 286, popsofctown wrote:The misquote is obviously immaterial to the point I was making. I'm obviously very active
Okay, sure. But previously, I wasn't finding you as important to deal with as opposed to some other people.
In post 287, popsofctown wrote:
In post 284, NaCl wrote: I don't know how common it is in general, but I tend to try and put my scum partners as weak townreads or high null reads if I think I can get away with it.
Is your join date when you started playing forum mafia? Because this sounds sophomoric.
Is this why you're voting LA instead of unwnd when all the reasoning in your recent post would point to "unwnd, and maybe LA as a partner"?
Particularly when LA is way more townie so far
VOTE: nacl
I've played a little on another forum, but that's been 5+ years ago.
I know that that specific post made unwnd look worse, but as I said earlier, I find that LA has had suspicious interactions with a few people. Although maybe you don't care about asking about that, or trying to find out.
In post 300, popsofctown wrote:It's not only or even mainly a preflip assoc inference

If I see a 3 monther saying "your wincon when you roll scum is to nullread everyone, btw cool kids cut class and wear whatever sneakers the famous basketball players endorse", and the last three stances I can remember from that person are weak and pivotable I am happy to swallow Occam's razor and believe they play Associated Press/Reuters scum strats and then the weak reads being organic vs. fake is at least as good at 50/50
That's not what I meant. Rather, I mean that if I can get away with it, I tend to try to do that early on, as it creates a kind of group consensus away from those people, barring them doing anything particularily scummy. I'd rather keep the pressure off them rather than interact and risk getting caught.
In post 292, popsofctown wrote:LA is obvtown
Thank you for convincing me.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:54 am

Post by tris »

I don't see why LA is obvtown. I think LA is obvcity.

I really don't though, and I don't see where the case has been made for that. I only see arguments against certain things being scummy.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 276, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 227, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 222, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 217, GuyInFreezer wrote:VOTE: Lady Angel
She has a tendency to look scummy as town, from my experience
But why would town fear the reaction test
This is important
It doesn't mean anything to me
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Well then.
Looks like she's gonna be replaced at this rate anyway.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by bitbringer »

what have i missed guys

-fb
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by bitbringer »

In post 299, bitbringer wrote:Still haven't read. But I'm sure pops is town at least.

-bitmap
I TOLD YOU WE NEED TO FAKE A SCUMREAD ON HIM

GOSH
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by bitbringer »

In post 218, GuyInFreezer wrote:Btw I'm ignoring the assassin mech.
I think it's an antitown mechanic.
then its my kind of mechanic
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by bitbringer »

im really not interesting in giving out analysis of peoples motivations rn, i don't think anyone is really into the game rn except pops and GIF. and me and my partner agree they are town, except i need to pretend pops is scum.

tris tone is hard for me to read, but she is like that every game ive read of her. So like i have to do more work to get in her brain.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by tris »

were you the head who called me a scum pirate?
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by Definitely Not Scum »

In post 263, NaCl wrote:Sorry about things, I'd been busy yesterday.

Also, most of the people I care most about sorting aren't really here, so that also is inconvenient.

Well, bitbringer, care to respond (in case you missed my )?

Anyways, DNS, questions for you, since you seem to be the only one around that I'm interested in.

Why did you unvote Pine earlier? And are you scumreading tris? Also, what was the point of saying that you can confirm yourself town and claiming you had a neighbourhood so early?

I kind of think this is town tris, but I've really only played one game with her, so I'll have to look more into her scum games.
I didn't unvote Pine, as we never voted for him. Oversoul voted for Tris earlier, and I removed the vote as I don't think that Tris is scum. I don't think that Oversoul is scumreading her anymore either, but he's V/LA so I haven't been able to touch base with him yet. Oversoul was the one who talked about us being able to confirm that we are town, and it has to do with our role and the neighborhood.

- Volxen (Definitely Town)
Hydra of Oversoul and Volxen. We are definitely
TOWN
in this game.
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:27 pm

In post 265, unwnd wrote:
Spoiler: Cheat sheet
Town
Pops
Tris
GiF
--
Lady Angel
Weh
Dunn
Suji
Abu
--
NaCl
DNS
Bitbringer
Pine
Scum

Where I'm tentatively at, wouldn't be shocked to be wrong about one of those townreads (see: previous post) but I digress
Why is Bitbringer so low on your readslist?

And why is LA so much higher up in relation to Pine? I think that Pine's push on our slot is more believable than LA's push on our slot. In particular:
In post 188, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 187, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 58, Lady Angel wrote:
Vote: Definitely Not Scum

The name compels me.

I haven't seen anything particularly scummy these few pages in but post #53 bothers me a little.
In post 62, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 60, popsofctown wrote:
In post 58, Lady Angel wrote:
Vote: Definitely Not Scum

The name compels me.

I haven't seen anything particularly scummy these few pages in but post #53 bothers me a little.
RVS ends when you have a read that feels real

kind of like
my rights end
where your rights begin
i'm not touching you
i'm not touching you
you know

you should vote me
That's the thing, though. 53 and this makes me feel like you want to be voted, which naturally makes me a little worried about actually voting you because due to the amount of wine involved in something like this, so I'd rather hold off until things develop a bit more.

That being said, UNVOTE:
Hmm I detect cowardice.
You seem quite hung up on my unvoting what was very obviously a joke vote...

The post I was talking about in that post reeked of wine, which is generally going to be enough to get me to look at you, but probably not vote until we can sort out the wine first.

Most of DNS's defence has felt genuinely awful, being mostly OMGUS and wine without any real substance beyond "You guys are wrong because I'm town and I can prove it during the day even with only two votes on me". It's been really bad and seems like an extreme overreaction to just putting two votes down, so back on I go.

VOTE: DefinitelyNotScum

This one stays until they come up with a good defence.

As an aside, I have both work and a class on mondays, so I probably won't be around again for the remainder of the day.
In post 215, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 189, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 188, Lady Angel wrote:You seem quite hung up on my unvoting what was very obviously a joke vote...
It had nothing to do with your joke vote nor the unvote actually. It had to do with literally everything except them, in fact.
In post 188, Lady Angel wrote:The post I was talking about in that post reeked of wine, which is generally going to be enough to get me to look at you, but probably not vote until we can sort out the wine first.
aka the cowerdice. Why not vote her to sort that wine out yourself?
Why should I seriously vote four pages in? I know nothing of her except what I've seen for a few pages, so to me it's more worth waiting to see how someone acts normally to establish a baseline before applying any pressure when confronted with a player I don't know.

As an aside, past the wine I don't find pops particularly scummy.
In post 190, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 188, Lady Angel wrote:Most of DNS's defence has felt genuinely awful, being mostly OMGUS and wine without any real substance beyond "You guys are wrong because I'm town and I can prove it during the day even with only two votes on me". It's been really bad and seems like an extreme overreaction to just putting two votes down, so back on I go.
It's awful sure
But is it scummy?
"I can prove myself as locktown in the day" as what appears to be a first line of defence feels like panicked scum, especially with one of the heads' admittance of "not being good at scum". Definitely feels like the best lead so far.
The bolded part feels highly exaggerated, if not fake. I'm not convinced that town!LA immediately jumps to the conclusion that Oversoul is not only scum, but "panicked scum" that concocted a story about being able to confirm that our slot is town in response to us getting 2/7 votes. Finding Oversoul's response scummy is one thing, but her framing Oversoul's posts as "panicked scum" feels forced/exaggerated. There is no reason for scum!Oversoul to "panic" over receiving 2/7 votes, and there is no consideration on her part that Oversoul said what he said simply because we are town and can prove as much through our role and the neighborhood.

TOWN
in this game.
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 pm

She is not even close to being obvtown.

TOWN
in this game.
AbuHumaid
AbuHumaid
Goon
AbuHumaid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by AbuHumaid »

Alright I'm here right now for real. Catching up in a bit...
AbuHumaid
AbuHumaid
Goon
AbuHumaid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by AbuHumaid »

Okay, so starting from the very beginning...
In post 8, Pine wrote:
VOTE: MariaR

Wynaut

Uhh, fuck no. That pings me. It's RVS, you either vote someone for giggles or you vote someone for real, wtf is this FOS nonsense?

VOTE: tris Real vote
Forced post, why are you taking an early post so seriously? I also checked your ISO, your tenacity on your opinion is concerning. If you're so sure tris is scum, why would you change your vote to DNS? What do you think of tris now?
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:05 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 317, Definitely Not Scum wrote:
In post 215, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 189, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 188, Lady Angel wrote:You seem quite hung up on my unvoting what was very obviously a joke vote...
It had nothing to do with your joke vote nor the unvote actually. It had to do with literally everything except them, in fact.
In post 188, Lady Angel wrote:The post I was talking about in that post reeked of wine, which is generally going to be enough to get me to look at you, but probably not vote until we can sort out the wine first.
aka the cowerdice. Why not vote her to sort that wine out yourself?
Why should I seriously vote four pages in? I know nothing of her except what I've seen for a few pages, so to me it's more worth waiting to see how someone acts normally to establish a baseline before applying any pressure when confronted with a player I don't know.

As an aside, past the wine I don't find pops particularly scummy.
In post 190, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 188, Lady Angel wrote:Most of DNS's defence has felt genuinely awful, being mostly OMGUS and wine without any real substance beyond "You guys are wrong because I'm town and I can prove it during the day even with only two votes on me". It's been really bad and seems like an extreme overreaction to just putting two votes down, so back on I go.
It's awful sure
But is it scummy?
"I can prove myself as locktown in the day" as what appears to be a first line of defence feels like panicked scum, especially with one of the heads' admittance of "not being good at scum". Definitely feels like the best lead so far.
The bolded part feels highly exaggerated, if not fake. I'm not convinced that town!LA immediately jumps to the conclusion that Oversoul is not only scum, but "panicked scum" that concocted a story about being able to confirm that our slot is town in response to us getting 2/7 votes. Finding Oversoul's response scummy is one thing, but her framing Oversoul's posts as "panicked scum" feels forced/exaggerated. There is no reason for scum!Oversoul to "panic" over receiving 2/7 votes, and there is no consideration on her part that Oversoul said what he said simply because we are town and can prove as much through our role and the neighborhood.

This is the part that worried me as well, I was just having trouble putting it into words. When I saw DNS claiming they could confirm themselves as town, I thought it was either a reaction test, a gambit, or actually true. Like, sure, it's something that scum could do and try to play it off later. However, I don't think that attempting to ascribe some sort of emotional motivation is something that I can see from it.

DNS (well, Oversoul), how much mafia have you played with LA before this game?

Also, oops, I don't know how I got Pine and tris mixed up.

On another note, if LA is mafia, Pops is as well.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Post 317 isn't something worth indicting for but I believe volxen believes it so that's why he gets to have garbage or assassin slots on the LA wagon.
sodium chloride wrote:On another note, if LA is mafia, pops is as well
Let's make this a homework problem for "the inactives who can't gain traction". Because really. How much value is this thought worth and why, if you need to use measurements like "lint at the current foreign exchange rate" that's ok.
Dunnstral, sujimichi, or pine only.
Not Abu humaid or LA because their lack of content is they haven't read everything.
Not shadoweh because I already scumread her for every post besides her last one but like I want to hang with her for three more day phases tho. I guess she can answer I guess she should count.
MariaR may answer also like if she wants to.
"Well, I..."
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:17 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 322, popsofctown wrote: Not Abu humaid or LA because their lack of content is they haven't read everything.
How do you hold these views at the same time?

Literally all you're saying in regards to LA is "she's so town" without providing a single reason. And you don't seem to care about my reasons at all, because if you did, you would have asked me.

Explain why she's so obviously town beyond just calling people's cases bad.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

Being the victim of bad cases is strongly town indicative on its own but I can tell you when I have some time
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”