Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 426, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 345, rb wrote:you know, i think kerset is pretty likely to be scum here

because it's like a soft accusation that i'm scum, but never actually says it. it's like, "haha oh yeah sure, you "forgot" - the natural follow-up would be to then say why they think i'm lying? or think i'm scum?

also: their only focus on all the content i've provided so far is not any of the opinions i've had about the game, but literally just the post in which i said, "i'm backreading"

this doesn't scan to me as town, whether new player or not.

VOTE: kerset
I think rb and me are very much like-minded in this regard and I think this very precise observation applies to most of Kerset's iso. This post sounds town.
So basically you think rb is town because you have similar opinions on Kerset? That is a dangerous mindset to have.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 475, AaronFrost wrote:

because it's like a soft accusation that i'm scum, but never actually says it. it's like, "haha oh yeah sure, you "forgot" - the natural follow-up would be to then say why they think i'm lying? or think i'm scum?

also: their only focus on all the content i've provided so far is not any of the opinions i've had about the game, but literally just the post in which i said, "i'm backreading"

I think rb and me are very much like-minded in this regard and I think this very precise observation applies to most of Kerset's iso. This post sounds town.
So basically you think rb is town because you have similar opinions on Kerset? That is a dangerous mindset to have.
I believe that if someone makes the same observations as me at such a level (as in, not surface level) and that I am town, then we're approaching the game with the same mindset which implies that rb is more town as a result. I'm aware of the danger but I think in this case I prefer to trust the mind melding.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 449, Xayah wrote:Don't know how I feel about the topic just being behind the Kerset and rb slot. Kerset has really bad arguments but the approach they bring to the game feels towny. I think we should still go for Aaron here. Rb is just gonna be...well rb
Bad post. Trying to distract from the Kerset/rb discussions.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Why's that wrong?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 476, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 475, AaronFrost wrote:

I believe that if someone makes the same observations as me at such a level (as in, not surface level) and that I am town, then we're approaching the game with the same mindset which implies that rb is more town as a result. I'm aware of the danger but I think in this case I prefer to trust the mind melding.
I think scum could just as easily fake it by 'agreeing' with a townie who trusts them/is townreading them and using then using that trust to get them to vote whichever wagon they want.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Xayah, regarding your Frost read it feels ‘easy’ because it’s a slot that is generally suspected in this game and can therefore can be sat on while looking meaningful. I don’t feel like you’re seriously pushing the lynch, nor do I feel like you’re continuing to sort Frost. He’s been involved a fair bit recently with the rb/Kerset interaction and is taking hard stances, so you’re original reasons for voting him no longer hold water, so I would have expected an update on why you still think Frost is scum.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 479, AaronFrost wrote:I think scum could just as easily fake it by 'agreeing' with a townie who trusts them/is townreading them and using then using that trust to get them to vote whichever wagon they want.
Are you implying I am scum? Is this discussion about Kerset still??
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 478, Something_Smart wrote:Why's that wrong?
Brushing off rb's actions as 'well that's just how rb behaves so what so let's jump back on this irrelevant wagon instead.' She clearly hasn't taken anything I've said since her initial vote on me and analyzed it.

PEDIT: I'm implying that rb could be scum trying to manipulate me/you/possibly others to voting Kerset.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Frost, are you still sr’ing Skitter?
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 483, Luca Blight wrote:Frost, are you still sr’ing Skitter?
A bit, but not enough to push at the moment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:33 pm

In post 482, AaronFrost wrote:Brushing off rb's actions as 'well that's just how rb behaves so what so let's jump back on this irrelevant wagon instead.' She clearly hasn't taken anything I've said since her initial vote on me and analyzed it.
I mean, what if she's right? Wouldn't it then be pointless to dwell on it? Sometimes people take personality traits as alignment indicative, god knows that's happened to me enough.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:36 pm

For Sirfetchd.

VOTE: Billy
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Aaron feels SO odd in this discussion right now. It feels like you're arguing for the sake of arguing. There's something that's hard to pinpoint about you talking about rb and Kerset, but like... I'm getting suspicious of you about how you made a 180 on your Kerset read and I have the intuition that you're essentially locking yourself out of your Kerset read, because rb must be scum. That's how it feels like to me.

pedit: Also what the hell are those Billy votes? I am genuinely puzzled.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:40 pm

You townread Billy?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 446, nomnomnom wrote:b) I don't think so. I'm a much more emotional player. I "feel" rather than analyze. These are observations with the games I've went through rather than something I applied over and over, but I do feel it holds water.
this is a fascinating theory but i'm not sure, overall, how much stock i actually put into it in practice

kerset how much mafia experience do u have
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 488, Something_Smart wrote:You townread Billy?
I have no particular feelings on his slot but he genuinely didn't do anything for me that was worthy of scrutiny so to see people not address current discussions and active slots to jump there? I'd like to get some insight.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:43 pm

My vote was a direct response to current discussions.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 447, nomnomnom wrote:As for your first point it didn't jump to me as much because I don't think of discussion that way.
In post 360, rb wrote:are you really that confident in a townread on someone based on a sample size of one town game?
In post 361, rb wrote:moreover, wouldn't you expect that Luca would probably go out of their way to appear reminiscent of their towngame to someone with a limited sample size to go off?
this sequence seems designed to get aaron to question his townread ? i'm not sure how else you can even read this
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 447, nomnomnom wrote:Second point is much more indicative of someone that's snarkily inviting people to do things, rather than buddying. That's how I see this interaction in particular.
maybe buddying is the wrong word exactly

but he's like ~trying to get aaron to be comfortable with him and his train of thought and get him to question his own reads and vote with him ~ so idk what to call that

if rb is scum i don't think aaron is ever
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:45 pm

In post 492, skitter30 wrote:this sequence seems designed to get aaron to question his townread ? i'm not sure how else you can even read this
...well, yeah. Is that problematic?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

apparently nom isn't reading it that way
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 451, Luca Blight wrote:It’s good to see Nom getting more involved but I’m still not feeling those townie vibes, I can’t quite put my finger on it.
i'm not either
Show
Hiatus once more.

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 492, skitter30 wrote:
In post 447, nomnomnom wrote:As for your first point it didn't jump to me as much because I don't think of discussion that way.
In post 360, rb wrote:are you really that confident in a townread on someone based on a sample size of one town game?
In post 361, rb wrote:moreover, wouldn't you expect that Luca would probably go out of their way to appear reminiscent of their towngame to someone with a limited sample size to go off?
this sequence seems designed to get aaron to question his townread ? i'm not sure how else you can even read this
I sometimes do this to try and understand why someone does something I genuinely don't understand. I see the part where manipulation can be found, but I read it as "let me get on your level" questioning, which I often do.

Again, might be dangerous to do but I feel like I mindmeld with rb a lot here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:48 pm

In post 495, skitter30 wrote:apparently nom isn't reading it that way
I think she meant she didn't think it was scummy, and if she did mean that, she'd be correct.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

idk

i don't really and it feels manipulative to me and i don't like it
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”