[Game Over] Newbie 1960 - Deathcars

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by emps »

Quantifiable Conundrum (L-3)
: NaCl, Farkran
Farkran (L-4)
: Jocus Aevorum
SausasaurusRex (L-4)
: emps
Quantifiable Conundrum, Selynee, Blatant Scum,
SausasaurusRex
In post 818, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 813, Selynee wrote:Jocus said he was suspicious of Emperor because he tried to create a "lighthearted atmosphere".
And because his style changed mid-day to an almost opposite serious one.
"oh wow man hes scum look he went from rvs mode to not rvs mode when it stopped being rvs"
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:29 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

October 28, 2019 - 8:30 AM (GMT)

Day 2

We are witnessing the unparalleled ability of the roadrunner bird to... well, run on roads! Look at
it go! With a beep-beep here and a tongue flash there, here beep, there tongue, everywhere a
beep-beep, ol' Conundrum has a bird, E I E I YOUCH!!!

Sorry, Mrs Sponsorberg. Kh-khm. As I just sang, I mean said, the Roadrunner is quite a bit ahead
of the competition, who at the moment are the lean and mean veterans of the last track, Rex and
the Flipper Nipper. Okay, maybe not so lean in the case of Rex, but its weight doesn't seem to be
a problem at all. Not even on these thin contemporary roads that slither around the 1960th floors
of the spacescrapers in Deathcity.

Things however are about to be shaken up as the track ahead makes a sharp dive towards the
ground and the Deathcars are rapidly approaching. Is the Roadrunner a good Road... flyer? Can
the Flipper's new pilot do better than the AI? Will the sausasaurus Godzilla its way out of
that
? Is
everyone else going to survive the drop? I guess we will find out after the ads on Scum TV... and
every other programme in existence!

Farkran (L-4)
SausasaurusRex (L-4)

Not voting:
Quantifiable Conundrum, Selynee, Blatant Scum, SausasaurusRex

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 2 actions:

November 1, 2019 - 8:30 AM (GMT)
You have (expired on 2019-11-01 08:30:00) to discuss and decide on a lynch.

Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:13 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 564, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:I think it's Jocus. That post is terrible and looks super scummy. He hasn't come forward to explain it at all, which is part of what makes it look so scummy to me.
VOTE: Jocus
Jocus is now at L-1, give him guys.
Current VC is missing this vote, i think. QC never unvoted. Also he isn't listed in the "not voting" part so at least *something* is off in the VC
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 815, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote: Why would I kill Ethos after having a huge public argument with him? That doesn't make sense, it's too obvious. And he thought I was pretty scummy too, so I would be pushing a lynch against myself? Not sure what your logic here is but it doesn't add up.
There are mainly 3 reasons for scum to kill a specific target over a random choice:
1. Target is a threat to the scum team. If a player got his reads right and is townread enough, he needs to be eliminated before he gains consensus.
2. PR hunting
3. Target is widely townread but has very bad reads. You kill this to deadsheep his reads and push a mislynch the day after.

Reading ethos ISO again i don't think i'd kill him for being PR so it's either 1 or 3 to me. I didn't see 3 happening so far, therefore i think it's 1. Emps was his highest scumread which is likely to be correct at this point. QC, you seem to agree on scum!emps as a solve, even if perhaps for different reasons. Why are you not voting him and instead opt to fencesit?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:27 pm

Post by Selynee »

@ QC

Why go with emps's case there if you weren't TR-ing him?

Farkran, you were good at picking PR softclaims. You really think this is not the case here?
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

N
ewbie
G
ame
#

Notice

The incomplete vote tallies have been corrected.

Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:01 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 829, Selynee wrote: Farkran, you were good at picking PR softclaims. You really think this is not the case here?
Didn't see anything PR-ish about ethos. If anything, i was SLing him in my first readthrough - end of d1 behavior points at scum!SE, i would have pushed him for a mislynch rather than nk, unless i was being threatened by the slot's reads.

(side-note: sorry mod, i was just skimming his ISO so i didn't realize the day change. Thank you for correcting the VC!)
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:10 am

Post by Selynee »

In post 560, eth0s wrote:I gotta be honest I wish I was contributing more but this is a really hard game for me to get into. Depending on how the flip goes theres someone I plan on checking out more thoroughly before day 2.

Not sure I'll really be able to engage myself before then
I actually think this is why he got nk'ed. In this case, it wasn't really about his play. If they took it as a tracker/cop softclaim, I doubt mafia would risk not killing here.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:22 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 832, Selynee wrote:
In post 560, eth0s wrote:I gotta be honest I wish I was contributing more but this is a really hard game for me to get into. Depending on how the flip goes theres someone I plan on checking out more thoroughly before day 2.

I actually think this is why he got nk'ed. In this case, it wasn't really about his play. If they took it as a tracker/cop softclaim, I doubt mafia would risk not killing here.
This is actually a good point, and i did miss it. A bit audacious for a softclaim, but makes a lot of sense as scum that you'd read that as a PR threat. What slot would you think felt the most threatened?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:50 am

Post by Selynee »

Well, coupled with his last post, I'd say the most obvious answer is NaCL and emps. Though realistically no mafia team lets a possible cop or tracker live here. The real question would be who would this exclude (as in who couldn't see it as a PR softclaim)?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:37 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 834, Selynee wrote:Well, coupled with his last post, I'd say the most obvious answer is NaCL and emps. Though realistically no mafia team lets a possible cop or tracker live here. The real question would be who would this exclude (as in who couldn't see it as a PR softclaim)?
Probably anyone who wasn't townreading him by the end of d1. Need to reread to confirm this.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:31 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 835, Farkran wrote:
In post 834, Selynee wrote:Well, coupled with his last post, I'd say the most obvious answer is NaCL and emps. Though realistically no mafia team lets a possible cop or tracker live here. The real question would be who would this exclude (as in who couldn't see it as a PR softclaim)?
Probably anyone who wasn't townreading him by the end of d1. Need to reread to confirm this.
Which unfortunately amounts to no one except for maybe NaCl ().

Yeah... NKA doesn't point us anywhere, ethos did good in baiting the NK and everyone could potentially have picked that up. I'm still very concerned about QC and emps having a very bad progression though.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:56 am

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

In post 825, emps wrote:
Farkran (L-4)
SausasaurusRex (L-4)
Quantifiable Conundrum, Selynee, Blatant Scum,
SausasaurusRex
In post 818, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 813, Selynee wrote:Jocus said he was suspicious of Emperor because he tried to create a "lighthearted atmosphere".
And because his style changed mid-day to an almost opposite serious one.
"oh wow man hes scum look he went from rvs mode to not rvs mode when it stopped being rvs"
He maintained "RVS mode" a couple days after RVS about ended.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Farkran »

What's your lynchpool for today?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Quantifiable Conundrum »

In post 828, Farkran wrote:
In post 815, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote: Why would I kill Ethos after having a huge public argument with him? That doesn't make sense, it's too obvious. And he thought I was pretty scummy too, so I would be pushing a lynch against myself? Not sure what your logic here is but it doesn't add up.
There are mainly 3 reasons for scum to kill a specific target over a random choice:
1. Target is a threat to the scum team. If a player got his reads right and is townread enough, he needs to be eliminated before he gains consensus.
2. PR hunting
3. Target is widely townread but has very bad reads. You kill this to deadsheep his reads and push a mislynch the day after.

Reading ethos ISO again i don't think i'd kill him for being PR so it's either 1 or 3 to me. I didn't see 3 happening so far, therefore i think it's 1. Emps was his highest scumread which is likely to be correct at this point. QC, you seem to agree on scum!emps as a solve, even if perhaps for different reasons. Why are you not voting him and instead opt to fencesit?
I guess we're kinda getting close enough to the deadline, so I'll go ahead and VOTE: Emps, since at this point I think people need to start making hard stands.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:24 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

@Jocus Avornum I agree with you. Emperor FlippyNips continued RVS after he should have, and (if I recall correctly) was experienced enough to know better. However, Farkran almost completely erases that suspicion for me. He seems very town-like (from my low understanding of how town and scum generally act), and consistently raises good points.
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:25 am

In post 833, Farkran wrote:
In post 832, Selynee wrote:

This is actually a good point, and i did miss it. A bit audacious for a softclaim, but makes a lot of sense as scum that you'd read that as a PR threat. What slot would you think felt the most threatened?

I didn't actually notice that soft claim somehow, so that makes me really suspicious about his preferred lynches too, so now I'm feeling really good about lynching Emps.
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:25 am

In post 840, SausasaurusRex wrote:@Jocus Avornum I agree with you. Emperor FlippyNips continued RVS after he should have, and (if I recall correctly) was experienced enough to know better. However, Farkran almost completely erases that suspicion for me. He seems very town-like (from my low understanding of how town and scum generally act), and consistently raises good points.
If you look through Flippy's history, you'll also see that he's just that kind of guy who likes to post gifs, and that's such a big part of his posting that I'd say it's NAI.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:26 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Also, we aren’t anywhere near the deadline yet, despite what Quantifiable Conundrum just said. I think he’s pushing for a hasty lynch, but, after the lack of lynch that was day 1, perhaps it is good that he pushes this early.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Farkran »

VOTE: emps

I'm fine lynching here, this might help sorting several slots actually. I'm still worried about QC pushing elsewhere for his life but scum!emps makes sense. A red flip would mostly clear Selynee, sausar would make less sense as scum and i'm kinda fine with Jocus and NaCl being town right now.

@BS where are you at with the day catchup?

@sausar we're, like, very very far from a hasty lynch in this situation. What's your lynchpool for today? i.e. who would you be ok to lynch right now and who wouldn't you want to lynch? As a recap, i posted my lynchpool in but i think emps is my #1 target atm
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:46 am

In post 843, SausasaurusRex wrote:Also, we aren’t anywhere near the deadline yet, despite what Quantifiable Conundrum just said. I think he’s pushing for a hasty lynch, but, after the lack of lynch that was day 1, perhaps it is good that he pushes this early.
I'm not pushing for a hammer or anything like that, just saying that I think we've kind of run down the evidence and it's time to move to the next stage of the day by voting.
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:53 am

Post by NaCl »

Rex, I think we're much more close to the deadline than I'd like. Especially since it feels like everyone's disagreeing a bunch.

QC, why are you not voting?

Blatant Scum, I want to talk to you, let's hear who you think is town and who's scum.
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:06 am

In post 846, NaCl wrote:Rex, I think we're much more close to the deadline than I'd like. Especially since it feels like everyone's disagreeing a bunch.

QC, why are you not voting?

Blatant Scum, I want to talk to you, let's hear who you think is town and who's scum.
I'm voting for Emps.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Selynee »

Already sort of said....QC, Jocus (not going to happen, though, and I am actually trying to reconsider given so many townreads, though I am still not a fan). Willing to vote emps, I guess, as I don't have more than a murky read on him.

Farkran, I agree with Rex and emps, not a team here but why would it clear me?

Also, QC, see .
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:30 am

Post by NaCl »

I'm also willing to vote emps, although I'm still kind of torn between him and QC.

Farkran and I had him at 2 votes for a couple days, and...no one jumps on? I'm just not sure what to make of that.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”