Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:47 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

And I don’t see how I was ambivalent about your entrance - I straight up stated on a few occasions that I didn’t like your entrance. It felt contrived to me.

I also said I thought your Kerset push was decent, and your recent posts in general have a more townie feel to them.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

This question is becoming a little dated now, but I’m still curious about it, so if you wouldn’t mind....
In post 368, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 339, rb wrote:I think Luca is entirely wrong about most of their reads

i am bothered
Obviously we disagree about Frost, but could you elaborate on the others?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by rb »

well i found frost scummier than skitter, you thought i was scummy and suji actually struck me as kinda town?

in those 3 reads i was bothered

at this point i have no real stance on suji, on re-read they're just kinda...'fine' - actually a slot that warrants more analysis imo

i guess i don't have any real issue, and maybe i'm confusing you with someone else. i thought we'd played as town/town multiple times? i don't actually know anymore ~_~
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:04 pm

Post by rb »

In post 378, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 373, rb wrote:@Luca: opinions on Kerset, since they're now the largest wagon in the game?
I had just said a few posts before that Kerset is a slot that I could see being scum but I don’t want to lose sight of Nom atm. Speaking of which, what do you think of Nom?

And could you also answer my question in ?
i think nom is probably town?

unless they're scum and buddying, which isn't impossible but also seems unlikely. i'm pretty sure kerset is scum, but i also didn't really not nomx3 throwing much suspicion kerset's way prior to me doing so. do you think they're likely scum?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:04 pm

Post by rb »

didn't really note*
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

The only game I recall playing with you was mini 1991, in which I remember wrongly townreading you early on for a similar casual style of play.

Regarding Nom, I had an early scumread on her based on the setup talk and what seemed to me like feigned/overplayed ignorance, and partly meta due to the fact I could easily townread her early on in our previous game which hasn’t happened here. Her recent posting has picked up a bit which is why I unvoted, but I’m still not getting massive Town feels from that slot.

A person of interest for me right now is Fetchd. I’m not sure i fully believe what he’s saying about his reads on me and Skitter. Until I questioned him about it i had assumed he no longer scumread me as he hadn’t mentioned me for ages, but when questioned he maintained it and made a pretty weak excuse for why he pursuing his scumreads. I feel like it would have been natural to see some progression in these reads either way, but this doesn’t appear to be the case.

Thoughts, rb?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

For why he isn’t pursuing his scumreads*
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Post by rb »

i iso'd sirfetched

they're doing multiple pro-town things on day1, so i think the chance they flip scum is low
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:50 pm

Post by rb »

what i wanna know is why something smart scumreads billy

and why we shouldn't lynch something smart
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Why do you townread Billy?
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by Wooper »

Sirf is liek my strongest townread. I bit them last night and they tasted like town.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

What other reads do you have, Wooper?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:20 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Why do I get scumvibes from Wooper?

I swear to god I wanted to townread the slot because I've played many games with ducky where I soulread him and wanted to see how it develops but I have this sinking feeling that ducky isn't town.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 536, Luca Blight wrote:What other reads do you have, Wooper?
other than all my reads? zilch, why?
nomnomnom wrote:Why do I get scumvibes from Wooper?

I swear to god I wanted to townread the slot because I've played many games with ducky where I soulread him and wanted to see how it develops but I have this sinking feeling that ducky isn't town.
suspect it's absence of townvibes; I don't care about this game yet and may not until there's fewer people alive
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:46 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 514, rb wrote:how is my argument in bad faith?

kerset talked mechanics, then did nothing but make vague complaints about town sucking, with zero effort to do anything about it, and is now just OMGUS voting me

does that seem like a town-aligned progression of play to you?
...yeah? Why wouldn't it be?

Do you think scum-Kerset thinks "I'm gonna complain without doing anything, and then I'm going to OMGUS whoever pushes me, and then everyone's going to townread me!"?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:47 am

That's why I thought it was in bad faith. You conflated weak play with scum play.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:48 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 539, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 514, rb wrote:how is my argument in bad faith?

kerset talked mechanics, then did nothing but make vague complaints about town sucking, with zero effort to do anything about it, and is now just OMGUS voting me

does that seem like a town-aligned progression of play to you?
...yeah? Why wouldn't it be?

Do you think scum-Kerset thinks "I'm gonna complain without doing anything, and then I'm going to OMGUS whoever pushes me, and then everyone's going to townread me!"?
This assumes that scums do not display emotional traits and I'm not sure how I feel about this reasoning because ironically this is the angle I use as scum to get townread, so...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:49 am

In post 521, rb wrote:how does outright asking Aaron to clarify the reasons for their townread of Luca equate to manipulative?
It doesn't. Skitter is the one who said it was.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:55 am

In post 541, nomnomnom wrote:This assumes that scums do not display emotional traits
No, I'm suggesting that scums (with the exception of Vorkuta, hi Billy ;) ) don't intentionally make weak plays in order to be townread. So Kerset playing like they did is a byproduct of their experience level and playstyle, even if they do happen to be scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:56 am

In post 533, rb wrote:what i wanna know is why something smart scumreads billy
I don't.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:01 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 543, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 541, nomnomnom wrote:This assumes that scums do not display emotional traits
No, I'm suggesting that scums (with the exception of Vorkuta, hi Billy ;) ) don't intentionally make weak plays in order to be townread. So Kerset playing like they did is a byproduct of their experience level and playstyle, even if they do happen to be scum.
lol this is so weird to read this while being conscious of me having a history of being extremely weak plays on purposes to be townread :lol:
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:29 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 493, skitter30 wrote:
In post 447, nomnomnom wrote:Second point is much more indicative of someone that's snarkily inviting people to do things, rather than buddying. That's how I see this interaction in particular.
maybe buddying is the wrong word exactly

but he's like ~trying to get aaron to be comfortable with him and his train of thought and get him to question his own reads and vote with him ~ so idk what to call that

if rb is scum i don't think aaron is ever
So persuasion is scummy now?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:31 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 510, rb wrote:hot take: luca is scum and kerset and I are both town

or more collaboratively: suppose i was wrong about kerset, and we were both town. how would the rest of you feel about Luca's angle on our slots?
Luca doesn't look like scum in the slightest.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:34 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 518, rb wrote:
In post 516, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 510, rb wrote:hot take: luca is scum and kerset and I are both town

or more collaboratively: suppose i was wrong about kerset, and we were both town. how would the rest of you feel about Luca's angle on our slots?
How about you state your points against me instead of attempting to elicit reasons from others?
i think your play lacks direction, despite knowing that you're usually a capable and matter of fact player as town who states what they think and pushes in the direction they believe will hit scum.

it's possible that i'm overestimating your townplay, or that you just aren't really pinging heavily on a scumread yet and so aren't the town player i'm used to. nothing you've said really pings me as you being either alignment, which is why i said earlier "i hope Luca's scum because then this game would make a lot more sense"

it also confused me to see you, a player who's relatively familiar with my game to be ambivalent about my entrance. it's like you don't want to acknowledge anything about my play either way, which is not the kind of player i'm used to. all that said, there's feasible reasons you might not be playing the same way i remember your town game, and kerset is like a beacon of obvscum
"luca scum is an easy solve" to "yeah luca is scum" doesn't feel like a natural progression
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:39 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Also the only reason I'm being scumread is for actually doing things expected of town so good luck wagoning that.

Return to “Completed Open Games”