Mini Normal 2102: Mafia à la Mode! (Game Complete)

Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Skellen »

I think I have seen the light. :lol:
In post 1943, bob3141 wrote:Im not a direct protective like jk or doc or bg. Before i give more detail i think others should claim first.

i cant see town have 3 goes at protecting a player. Without scum havign somethign to balance it out. Infact 3 direct protectives would mean that scum would have to have strongman. Even with one or two town roles that could prevent other town roles from workign i doubt anything less than strongman woudl be enough to balance

So pret being town requires scum to have strongman.
Ok, this makes it pretty obvious what you probably are if you are what I think you are.

I don't think scum necessarily needs a Strongman here. We got a Doc who can't protect consecutively and a Bodyguard who dies with the correct save and you with your indirect save. The only investigative to save here was the Tracker. In best case the combination of Doc/Bodyguard could protect the Tracker for three nights until scum would get a shot on the Tracker. The key is the Tracker Enabler here. I was already wondering what his purpose is here, but he is the backdoor for scum to bypass the protective roles to neutralize the Tracker.

The thing that was bothering me is that the Tracker would look so weak with at least three active town PRs. That would mean that Pret is indeed scum here.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Skellen »

Solid pagetop.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:02 am

Post by bob3141 »

You dont know.

All he would know is that he tried to JK RCE. Only a tracker could determin otherwise.

A target who is VT would be none the wise if they were jk. Pret what was your reasonign behind jailed RCE a second time
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:33 am

Post by benhalkum »

In post 1950, Skellen wrote:I think I have seen the light. :lol:
In post 1943, bob3141 wrote:Im not a direct protective like jk or doc or bg. Before i give more detail i think others should claim first.

i cant see town have 3 goes at protecting a player. Without scum havign somethign to balance it out. Infact 3 direct protectives would mean that scum would have to have strongman. Even with one or two town roles that could prevent other town roles from workign i doubt anything less than strongman woudl be enough to balance

So pret being town requires scum to have strongman.
Ok, this makes it pretty obvious what you probably are if you are what I think you are.

I don't think scum necessarily needs a Strongman here. We got a Doc who can't protect consecutively and a Bodyguard who dies with the correct save and you with your indirect save. The only investigative to save here was the Tracker. In best case the combination of Doc/Bodyguard could protect the Tracker for three nights until scum would get a shot on the Tracker. The key is the Tracker Enabler here. I was already wondering what his purpose is here, but he is the backdoor for scum to bypass the protective roles to neutralize the Tracker.

The thing that was bothering me is that the Tracker would look so weak with at least three active town PRs. That would mean that Pret is indeed scum here.
Sweet Jesus if only I could articulate like this, maybe we'd be in a different place by now.
You can find me on MyLVTV in Las Vegas starting in December with Future Stars of Wrestling!
https://fswvegas.com

Also look for me on syndicated television with Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Pretentious »

In post 1838, Pretentious wrote:I targeted RCE again.

I half expected him to be killed if he were town there.
In post 1840, Pretentious wrote:And if he was scum, i would have hoped he wouldn’t think I’d target him twice.
I will see all of you in the FUN ZONE
Normal Game - Mod Account Mini Normal 2118: Boon Gets Pretentious
Town: 3 w 0 L - Scum: 1 w 0 L

Alt of Flavor Leaf
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Pretentious »

I’m town. :( my role stops other protectives from happening if I target them.

Alt of Flavor Leaf
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:54 am

Post by benhalkum »

In post 1954, Pretentious wrote:
In post 1838, Pretentious wrote:I targeted RCE again.

I half expected him to be killed if he were town there.
In post 1840, Pretentious wrote:And if he was scum, i would have hoped he wouldn’t think I’d target him twice.
Yes, but after there was a mafia kill both nights, how would you back up the claim you did anything worth salt for the town? Almost seems like a second night was a waste IF you are town.
You can find me on MyLVTV in Las Vegas starting in December with Future Stars of Wrestling!

Also look for me on syndicated television with Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:57 am

Post by benhalkum »

Cause I'm feeling that any extra killing role falls under town protective (Vet, etc). Wouldn't a scum kill hen RCE is locked up kind of clear him at least in terms of being a trigger man?

bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:25 am

Post by bob3141 »

It clears him from making that kill that night but not from being mafia. So being rb and a kill still happening is mostly NIA.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Guys, I don't want to spoil you party, but -so far- everything makes sense to me from a setup design/balance PoV. The designers
clearly
balanced the game around town powers trespassing on each other's turf, and thus scum could actually win through town miscommunication.

I am a Loyal Visitor. My role stopped being useful the night the Tracker died. I had been hoping for a Tracker Backup to exist to bring my role back into the game (If a Tracker successfully tracks me to someone then my target is town, but then there's a massive possibility for that to give a false result via the JK targeting me, or to give a no result if they target the Tracker)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by Pretentious »

In post 1957, benhalkum wrote:Cause I'm feeling that any extra killing role falls under town protective (Vet, etc). Wouldn't a scum kill hen RCE is locked up kind of clear him at least in terms of being a trigger man?
I already have been playing with the idea that RCE and I are probably TvT.

Alt of Flavor Leaf
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Pretentious »

In post 1959, Almost50 wrote:Guys, I don't want to spoil you party, but -so far- everything makes sense to me from a setup design/balance PoV. The designers
clearly
balanced the game around town powers trespassing on each other's turf, and thus scum could actually win through town miscommunication.

I am a Loyal Visitor. My role stopped being useful the night the Tracker died. I had been hoping for a Tracker Backup to exist to bring my role back into the game (If a Tracker successfully tracks me to someone then my target is town, but then there's a massive possibility for that to give a false result via the JK targeting me, or to give a no result if they target the Tracker)
If this is true, then YAY

Alt of Flavor Leaf
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Skellen »

In post 1959, Almost50 wrote:Guys, I don't want to spoil you party, but -so far- everything makes sense to me from a setup design/balance PoV. The designers
clearly

I am not really sure what to think of that.

With that the Tracker is completely watered down and his only purpose is to target your role. So not only the Tracker has to target the Visitor, but he has many potential false positives with Doc/Bodyguard/Jailkeeper (and basically the Visitor too, if he hasn't claimed yet) and that isn't even considering if he gets jailed. So his results aren't really useful and to double down on that there is even a Tracker Enabler that gives scum a second option to take care of the only investigative role that can more or less verify anything here. That looks messy.

I don't know about that, but it doesn't really feel right. If I believe all claims then that would leave from my point of view purely by PoE RCE/DDL/LUV as solve and would mean that there are only 3 VTs in this game. I thought this was a normal. :neutral:
I find that hard to believe, tbh my initial reaction here is to think that at least one claim is fake.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:30 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Kind of where I am. If pret is town then A50s claim doesn't make sense as scum unless the play is to hardpocket him for lylo. It doesn't seem like top priority. It would have to be pret + A50 + 1, if either are scum I think it points to the other as a partner.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:30 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I'll put some effort in whenever I actually wake up. Kind of a busy day though.
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:49 am

Post by benhalkum »

-.-

So now Almost50 tries to claim he's tied to the tracker who is no longer in the game? I find this as a HUGE red flag as I know I was an enabler for the tracker, ensured I claimed it early. Now that A50 has heat on him still, all of a sudden he wants to jump on the same bandwagon? Sketchy AF.

I'm down to vote either A50 or Pret today, with A50 taking the clear lead now.

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:54 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Visitor feels unlikely for ongoing reasons.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1962, Skellen wrote:With that the Tracker is completely watered down and his only purpose is to target your role. So not only the Tracker has to target the Visitor, but he has many potential false positives with Doc/Bodyguard/Jailkeeper (and basically the Visitor too, if he hasn't claimed yet)
That's a messy interpretation in itself. First: I didn't claim so the Tracker doesn't need to follow me. Second: how is it a positive for the Tracker if they targeted the Doctor or the BG? The targets don't die and don't get blocked, so the Tracker doesn't have a guilty still. It's only the JK and only if they target someone who then claims to be blocked, and from what I recall there's not a single other investigative/informative role (aside from the Tracker himself) to be able to tell they were blocked, so where does this "false positives" come from? Unless you mean the Tracker gets that someone does have a night action, which is basically a Vanilla Cop with ben as the Miller to it. (Not really a Miller either, because once ben claims the Tracker can't argue against it either, so all in all I don't see your point still).

Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:09 am

Post by Pretentious »

Pretty sure I just won a game where A50 was in with a fake visitor claim. I was drunk yesterday and now I’m zoggin so not really in the right space to think

Alt of Flavor Leaf
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:11 am

Post by benhalkum »

In post 1968, Pretentious wrote:Pretty sure I just won a game where A50 was in with a fake visitor claim. I was drunk yesterday and now I’m zoggin so not really in the right space to think
I don't know if this helps me want to go ahead and pull the trigger on my A50 vote... or if I see this as a detourant tactic.

#conflcited.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1966, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Visitor feels unlikely for ongoing reasons.
:lol: First time I ever see that one. What does
setup design
have to do with ongoing, or even past games?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

The question you should all be asking yourselves is WHY would I fake a claim like that? The Tracker is DEAD already, so I could've just claimed VT (and effectively I am, because I'm not even Compulsive)

benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:37 am

Post by benhalkum »

In post 1971, Almost50 wrote:The question you should all be asking yourselves is WHY would I fake a claim like that? The Tracker is DEAD already, so I could've just claimed VT (and effectively I am, because I'm not even Compulsive)
Good question, WHY are you? It's weird AF.

Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Pretentious »

In post 1969, benhalkum wrote:
In post 1968, Pretentious wrote:Pretty sure I just won a game where A50 was in with a fake visitor claim. I was drunk yesterday and now I’m zoggin so not really in the right space to think
I don't know if this helps me want to go ahead and pull the trigger on my A50 vote... or if I see this as a detourant tactic.

#conflcited.
I didn’t mean it in either way, I just wanted it out there that that was a thing.

It is weird AF.

3-5 VT isn’t like...not normal, and I’ve seen far crazier stuff on normals, but for some reason I didn’t expect Plum’s game to be PR heavy.

Not Known 15 has crazy normals that are all technically normal

Alt of Flavor Leaf
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:18 am