Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Luca's town, which is nice I guess.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:38 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

S_S why is the argument on Billy so attractive when it's main component is meta, but the same meta argument made on Kerset does not convince you?
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

Unvote, Vote: skitter

This is mostly historical as it's looking like a bit of a one or the other and I had/have a scum read on skit.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 778, Sirfetchd wrote:

This is mostly historical as it's looking like a bit of a one or the other and I had/have a scum read on skit.
I'd like a bit of explanation if you don't mind.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

I will admit, I've been mostly skimming recently rather than properly reading. I am finding myself agreeing with a lot of things nom is saying, I think their questioning lines are strong. SS was fine as well somewhere in the back of my mind.

I also remember not having too many issues with kerset either after trying to pay more attention. That said I do have a niggle that there was a stubbornness to not address suspicion on themselves which was a gambit I used to try and fail a few times when I was new.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 779, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 778, Sirfetchd wrote:

I'd like a bit of explanation if you don't mind.
Uhhh above.

It's my favourite of the people with votes already on them. So I'm consolidating on to my favourite of the wagons of the day.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I’m not really feeling Skitter as scum this game.

I think rb, Nom, SS and ‘tentatively’ Skitter are Town. The only thing that makes me doubt Skitter is her defence, or rather lack or suspicion, of Kerset. Her general play hasn’t pinged me as it did last game (when she was scum).

Literally any of the remaining players could be scum. Even Frost I’m coming to doubt a little more, as I don’t get him maintaining his rb stance, though we’ll see what he says upon his re-read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:53 pm

In post 777, nomnomnom wrote:S_S why is the argument on Billy so attractive when it's main component is meta, but the same meta argument made on Kerset does not convince you?
Because rb said, "I know a scum newbie when I see one, trust me," and Luca said, "this is what Billy has acted like as town and as scum, and this is why his play seems more similar to scum-him."
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 780, Sirfetchd wrote:I will admit, I've been mostly skimming recently rather than properly reading. I am finding myself agreeing with a lot of things nom is saying, I think their questioning lines are strong. SS was fine as well somewhere in the back of my mind.

I also remember not having too many issues with kerset either after trying to pay more attention. That said I do have a niggle that there was a stubbornness to not address suspicion on themselves which was a gambit I used to try and fail a few times when I was new.
That doesn't answer why you think Skitter is scum.

Moreover if you think my lines of questioning are strong, why do you decide to go on Skitter and not consolidate a wagon that I fully support 100% and on top of that is more populated?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:54 pm

In post 782, Luca Blight wrote:The only thing that makes me doubt Skitter is her defence, or rather lack or suspicion, of Kerset.
What's concerning about it?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 783, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 777, nomnomnom wrote:S_S why is the argument on Billy so attractive when it's main component is meta, but the same meta argument made on Kerset does not convince you?
Because rb said, "I know a scum newbie when I see one, trust me," and Luca said, "this is what Billy has acted like as town and as scum, and this is why his play seems more similar to scum-him."
That is not true. The meta of Kerset's previous games has been brought up by both rb and Luca. These two arguments are no different, and I am surprised you even missed that being brought up. So why is that, and if you legitimately missed this line of questioning, how does it change your read?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Kerset hasn't been scum yet. I won't accept a player meta-based scumread from experience of only one alignment.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

That's a fair argument, I suppose.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:00 pm

And to be honest, I don't even find Luca's case THAT compelling. But the threshold for who I'm willing to lynch on D1 is basically the null line, and I'd be lying if I said Billy being dead last in the draft wasn't also a factor.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 784, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 780, Sirfetchd wrote:I will admit, I've been mostly skimming recently rather than properly reading. I am finding myself agreeing with a lot of things nom is saying, I think their questioning lines are strong. SS was fine as well somewhere in the back of my mind.

That doesn't answer why you think Skitter is scum.

Moreover if you think my lines of questioning are strong, why do you decide to go on Skitter and not consolidate a wagon that I fully support 100% and on top of that is more populated?
Because my town read of you has no bearing on my opinion of the accuracy of your reads.

I may be misremembering, but from memory skitter is measured and works with people, including her reads to consolidate or debunk her reads. Here she is posting like I would expect a completely different style of player to post.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 789, Something_Smart wrote:And to be honest, I don't even find Luca's case THAT compelling. But the threshold for who I'm willing to lynch on D1 is basically the null line, and I'd be lying if I said Billy being dead last in the draft wasn't also a factor.
How is being dead last in the draft order an indication that someone is scummy?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 785, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 782, Luca Blight wrote:The only thing that makes me doubt Skitter is her defence, or rather lack or suspicion, of Kerset.
What's concerning about it?
I find it difficult to relate to. I agree with rb that Kerset doesn’t necessarily feel like ‘new town’ and I’d have expected Skitter to be a bit more open to that Lynch.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:05 pm

In post 791, nomnomnom wrote:How is being dead last in the draft order an indication that someone is scummy?
It's not, but it means he probably won't flip PR :P
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I’ve also been inclined to give those at the top of the list a bit more leeway, which is why I’m not pushing Fetched as much as I might have. It makes sense keeping the certain pr’s alive until at least D2.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 731, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 728, skitter30 wrote:Makes me feel like the thoughts arent real
Why would he change his tune, other than because his opinion changed?

Unless you think he puts so little effort into his scumgame that he forgot what his position was and made something up rather than bothering to look back one page to check?
when i reread something, and new information hs been provided, i don't usually do a complete 180 and form the opposite opinion i did the first time
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by skitter30 »

*and no new information has been provided
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Kerset »

@Luca You voted me twice and didn't explain why do you find me scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:12 pm

In post 795, skitter30 wrote:when i reread something, and new information hs been provided, i don't usually do a complete 180 and form the opposite opinion i did the first time
But you and Billy are not the same person.

I bet you wouldn't do what he did if you were scum, either, right?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I agree with rb’s points. You lack townie play - i don’t get the feeling you’re actually trying to find scum. Most of your posts are questioning things related to yourself in a passive way. Your SR on rb seemed like pure retaliation. Your meta is a lot different to your previous Town games. I think you’re a good D1 Lynch for sure.

Return to “Completed Open Games”