Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Kerset »

There are two days left so i have to compromise. Back in time when rb voted me you did join this wagon and keep saying that we are both sus. You did say that rb is sus but only when skitter gave this idea. You faded away from rb when you saw that skitter is lonely in this and you faded away from me when ppl from my wagon were fading. When you voted her, she was already sus by others bc of her billy vote so you did fit. You even revealed this state of mind in 986
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Wooper »

Which lurker shall we decimate Mr. Rub?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Something_Smart »

UNVOTE:

I'm getting tunneled.

I blame Sirfetchd.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Wooper »

before your head is unstuck--can you explain what you were seeing in scum!Billy to me rq?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:31 am

rb was a bluff or what?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:32 am

About to leave work but this:
In post 973, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 917, Sirfetchd wrote:Someone give me the cliff notes on billy scum case.
-
And then his recent posting felt very reactive. Don't remember any more off the top of my head.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Wooper »

Understood - why aren't you voting?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:35 am

Post by rb »

not really, it's an accurate representation of my experience

but my sample size of 3 doesn't mean that it hasn't happened elsewhere with different alignments, or that it's the only way this happens.

it does mean im totally fine with lynching you unless you do town stuff though
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:36 am

Post by rb »

contrasting billy's reactive posting where he's pressuring slots and giving thoughts on the game

with reactive posting which is just defensiveness and shading

why would you scumread billy over xayah or kerset?
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 889, Something_Smart wrote:Your posts from onward seem way more focused on justifying yourself than on actually forming reads. As in, you're not saying "this is what I think and this is why I think it," you're saying, "look at everything I'm doing and why it could be coming from town."
Billy is fairly inexperienced (but a good newbie!) and is being heavily pressured on d1. Do you think it's instinctual for newbtown to ignore pressure on them and instead go into hyperfocused solving mode? His posting before this fairly advanced stage of his ISO is also pretty pro-solve. the only thing I'm iffy on is that he keeps asking questions which he doesn't appear to follow through on but I think I can sort through this in realtime pretty quick :) My main issue here is I don't see how you think his defensiveness in this gamestate is scum indicative
In post 890, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 868, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Man, I was thinking you were town earlier, but now I'm not sure.
This is one of the worst lines in the entire string of posts, because it sets your previous reasoning aside and frames Luca as untrustworthy because he made a subjective comment that incriminates you.
Worst optically yes but again I'm not sure how you reach that it's scummy.. There's no downward trajectory on Luca who is fairly widely townread from what I can tell--you don't think scum!Billy in this case would be anxious about suddenly dropping his read on Luca?

Do you think this kind of whiplash read change style actually comes from scum? I hate the "what's the holistic motivation behind it?" thing but I'm not really sure why scum!Billy is incentivised to do it here. It just read like an actual read he was trying on for size.
In post 1109, Something_Smart wrote:And then his recent posting felt very reactive. Don't remember any more off the top of my head.
Yes it has been. He's a newbie under pressure d1 who doesn't want to be lynched. Not sure how you're seeing scum here.

Just a note you opened this phase self-voting, then voteparked Billy for ages, then unvoted. You got no other scumreads or avenues worth pursuing this close to deadline?

Understand you've been tunnelled on Billy but for someone tunnelling scum d1 it doesn't feel like you've spent a lot of time actually...you know...looking for or evaluating scummy things he's done

I'm a bit surprised you've wasted this phase tunnelling someone you don't have much of a read on SS.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:46 am

Post by rb »

oh yay wooper is town
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Wooper »

that's not even the towny bit rub :/
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Today was fucking terrible.

I'm going to do my best to catch up
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 1106, Something_Smart wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm getting tunneled.

I blame Sirfetchd.
bruh

Also yeah, the point isn't that Xayah is posting, the point is that the posting is p much entirely self preservation and defending. She doesn't have a game changing PR, she's too far down. She's not better than half the playlist to justify being left alive for the sake of it.

So logic would dictate that she's probs scum. The fact that she is purposefully missing the point on her own case that I am certain she is able to parse and is instead choosing not to, just makes me more certain of the read.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Sirfetchd »

In post 1115, Wooper wrote:that's not even the towny bit rub :/
Proxying vote to dirty scum was the towny bit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:10 am

In post 1113, Wooper wrote:Do you think it's instinctual for newbtown to ignore pressure on them and instead go into hyperfocused solving mode?
False dichotomy. I would expect a natural response to be "damn, gotta show them how town I am," which isn't completely incongruous with what he did but it's definitely closer to the natural scum response of "damn, gotta get them off my back."
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 1116, Flubbernugget wrote:Today was fucking terrible.

I'm going to do my best to catch up
hope you're okay flubs
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Sirfetchd »

I think it's NAI.

As I mentioned previously, I can cite early scum games of mine where I stubbornly went, if I never defend myself it will be wife and they would have to think I'm being town with an objective mentality.

Never worked for me, but I did it.

I think anything is realistically in the scope of a newbie under pressure.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 1119, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1113, Wooper wrote:Do you think it's instinctual for newbtown to ignore pressure on them and instead go into hyperfocused solving mode?
False dichotomy. I would expect a natural response to be "damn, gotta show them how town I am," which isn't completely incongruous with what he did but it's definitely closer to the natural scum response of "damn, gotta get them off my back."
then don't mind the false dichotomy, I'm being partially rhetorical to get an interesting response out of you. how did you parse that this comes from scum rather than newbtown? I think it's completely intuitive for newbtown to flail to throw people off their back and his flailing doesn't feel scummy :P

the other parts of the post were the parts I was more interested in
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 am

In post 1113, Wooper wrote:My main issue here is I don't see how you think his defensiveness in this gamestate is scum indicative
I don't remember where I heard this

But someone talked about explaining how what you did COULD make sense from town is a scumtell, and it's super accurate to how I played as a newbie, and that's what I see

Idk why you're asking me to justify a read I just admitted I was tunneled into.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:14 am

Also sorry if you will be around in a few hours I can have much better real time interaction. Preparing to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters so I'm confined to my phone which makes this much harder.

Return to “Completed Open Games”