Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 524, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 516, Gentleman 6 wrote:Lady 3 was my other tentative townread, given that I'm also tentatively townreading G4 I think that I'm fine with that pairing in general.

Still townreading L9. Not going to bother saying more?

Would greatly appreciate it if new G5, L6, etc., came in and played since I am starting to feel like we'll win with just a few more townreads.
Anyone can make Town reads.
:)
What are you getting at with this comment. Also, I see your point about possible lack of randomization, but I think FakeGod is not juvenile enough to deliberately make that reference. My impression of him is actually that he is rather uptight, if I may be blunt.
Also I believe I am experiencing the same issues with our communications hub as many others have noted, as delays in my ability to post have resulted in mild interruptions twice in a row now.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:13 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 449, Gentleman 2 wrote:I would encourage people to match with people they don't agree with on everything to avoid echo chambers. Just as an FYI.
Ok so, does anyone have issues with me asking Lady 9?

Also I re-quoted the above because I feel like it is important. I kind of really want G1 and L2 together. I am against the G4/L3. I also feel like L5's deep wolf comment on L7 deserves scrutiny. At this point I would be encouraging L5 to be the Lady left out.

I think I missed the L1 thing about avatars so someone want to let me know what happened with that.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 504, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 502, Lady 2 wrote:Particularly feeling good about clearly a thorough and interactive read of the game to this point coming up with no real scumreads.
It's funny what contrarians so many of us seem to be.
Okay yeah, yeah, I know, I'm trying to explain what I liked about G1's entrance and this is part of it - it felt like an unforced read of the first ten pages and like he didn't feel compelled to force stronger-seeming conclusions. Like his response to the game as a whole felt like it matched what I've seen of the game as a whole as Town?
In post 520, Lady 7 wrote:Mr not the 6th doctor. Can you talk about why you have such a confident townrwad on l8?
+1 mostly mentioning this for noting L7 asking a quite pertinent question that was on my mind while reading but without time to post.
In post 521, Lady 8 wrote:G5 leaning town for short sharp reads which is something I usually will do as town this early in.
... I really need to go reread G5 I guess? He's one of the few here I still don't have a, like, mental representation of.
In post 548, Lady 5 wrote:If both Gent 1 and Lady 8 are town.
They will by far be the power house town needs to win.
The reason Gent 2 should go with Lady 7 is because Lady 7 is feel could be the most possible Deep Wolf so making the confirmed Town partners with them could help in the long run.
As for Gent 5 with Gent 2 I also feel another power house town can be made.
With both their play style’s together it can make with some good late game solving
You mean G5 with L2 (me)? That ... well I guess that's an angle I wasn't expecting. Like, all he's said about me is that he doesn't like my slot (as of yesterday). Not sure if he's interested in me. That said
@Gentleman 5
, if you see this, how does this suggestion strike you? I did reread you ISO btw, and so little of your thought process is there that I really don't know what to make of it. Like I don't know what you want to do or see happen at this stage of the game, I don't know what information you want from people that would inform your reads and process, I just know that you have some reads that you were willing to state plainly as they came up. Your approach so far isn't really engaging other players in back-and-forth interactions though.
In post 551, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 449, Gentleman 2 wrote:I would encourage people to match with people they don't agree with on everything to avoid echo chambers. Just as an FYI.

Also I re-quoted the above because I feel like it is important. I kind of really want G1 and L2 together. I am against the G4/L3. I also feel like L5's deep wolf comment on L7 deserves scrutiny. At this point I would be encouraging L5 to be the Lady left out.
It definitely occurred to me that G1 was one of the few Gentlemen I currently Townread who isn't already showing strong preference for another Lady (or Ladies!) above myself, he was certainly on my mind. I do still like G4/L3 - what's the issue you see there? And honestly I was starting to like the 69 ship idea though I guess I like G6 enough that if he pairs with L8 I would trust him to help everyone read L8 as we go on?
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

I don't agree with any of the pairing Lady 5 is doing. Particularly putting G2 with L7, but also all of it.

@G2: I'm a little concerned that's a waste of L9, but it isn't horrible.

As for myself, I honestly don't think any of the gentlemen who have posted much will make a good partner for me, except possibly for 6 who will surely not want me. I hope 7 or 8 turn out to be my type. I should've known people who mesh well with me would also be more likely to choose to be ladies.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Site is more borked than G2's avi. Posting ability currently limited by my patience.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

So I had a little time to actually read instead of the speed skimming I was doing last night to keep afloat except it’s taking so freaking long to load a page, I’m still sitting on page 10. Don’t know if I’ll have the time to finish at the rate this is going.

Though lady 8 has more game related posts and are not as wooden as I thought yesterday, with the exception of a post or two. I still would like gent 6 and lady 9 to weigh in on that confident read, but it’s not as unbelievable to me that someone had a positive view of her as it was before.

Is it weird that I took the deep wolf comment as a compliment? Her posts in general still rub me the wrong way and the 69 joke does too. Mostly because it’s overdone and not likely AND it’s the worst, most uncomfortable awkward waste of a position anyway.

Don’t worry lady 4, I don’t want to be paired with the IC anyway. Nice in theory to have someone you know is town to bounce thoughts off of, and while I think one of my strengths in mafia is my ability to listen to my townreads to balance out my own reads, one of my weaknesses is to doubt myself too much to sometimes prioritize my thoughts and I think with him being an IC it would exacerbate how I’m feeling about mafia right now. I know my tight is moot because he doesn’t want to pair with me anyway, but it was something I was thinking about.

As of page 10, I still like a g6, cautious about liking l9 (I realized where the caution comes from. It just takes me longer to read calm analytic types, but I like the thread presence overall), and I like l4’s interaction with g6 to make that a potential burgeoning townread.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Ok, so I most want someone that I can just throw stupid amounts of shit theories at and see what sticks and sift through my mental avalanche.

If I could assign pairings the entire way down:
G1 - L2
G2 - L9
G3 - L5
G4 - L1
G5 - L4
G6 - L7
G7 - L3
G8 - L8

I think. I made that list just now, but that's kinda where my head is it.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

“Why are men great til they gotta be great” - my read on the men as a collective whole.

Having a really hard time finding some town reads amongst the gents :/
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 556, Gentleman 2 wrote:Ok, so I most want someone that I can just throw stupid amounts of shit theories at and see what sticks and sift through my mental avalanche.

G1 - L2
G2 - L9
G3 - L5
G4 - L1
G5 - L4
G6 - L7
G7 - L3
G8 - L8

To be honest, I don't really think that you'll get that opportunity for very long, if anything, since you're the IC. As for your pairings, I would kind of prefer to switch myself-L3 with G4-L1. I'm under the impression L1 is a mechanical player and I'm not quite feeling that that's a good blend with G4 (Okay, mostly it's that I'm also a mechanical player and think I'll do well with L1). Also kinda meh on G1-L2 because I'm liking G1 and not liking L2 as much. I don't really know how to swap things around, though. And then there's the next point, see below.
In post 551, Gentleman 2 wrote:

I think I missed the L1 thing about avatars so someone want to let me know what happened with that.
I'm not really against you pairing with L9, but I would prefer G6 right now, because both of them feel very town-solvy to me, and it would make the scum have to choose between killing that pair and killing you and your partner--essentially I feel like L9's a bit too strong to pair with you. I'm not really against it, but I kind of want to do like IC with 2nd most townread lady, and most townread lady to go with 2nd most townread gentleman.

I was actually wanting for you to be with L5 initially, but her recent posts are making me reconsider. If I think she's town, I'll be in favour of that pairing, though.
In post 544, Lady 5 wrote:Here’s how I would order everyone.

Gentleman 1 - Lady 8
Gentleman 2 - Lady 7
Gentleman 3 - Myself
Gentleman 4 - Lady 3
Gentleman 5 - Lady 2
Gentleman 6 - Lady 9
Gentleman 7 - Lady 1 or 6
Gentleman 8 - Lady 4
In post 548, Lady 5 wrote:If both Gent 1 and Lady 8 are town.
They will by far be the power house town needs to win.
The reason Gent 2 should go with Lady 7 is because Lady 7 is feel could be the most possible Deep Wolf so making the confirmed Town partners with them could help in the long run.
As for Gent 5 with Gent 2 I also feel another power house town can be made.
With both their play style’s together it can make with some good late game solving
L5, you wanted to talk, I hope you have time.

What exactly are you seeing with G5/L2? I'm not really convinced.
Also, why did you give me two options, out of all the others?
I do agree with G6/L9 for non-meme reasons.
Eh, do you like G3? I'm not really seeing that either.
And I disagree over pairing L7 with G2 with that reason. For G2's partner, it should be someone that is widely trusted by everyone, especially him. If we have a partner who's too scummy, it's going to result in either G2 leaving or people lynching them. Which could work if the partner is mafia, but to win, we really only need one surviving T/T pairing who is universally townread.

In other news, I wish I could stop feeling like I'm walking through cement when I go around on this website.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 556, Gentleman 2 wrote:Ok, so I most want someone that I can just throw stupid amounts of shit theories at and see what sticks and sift through my mental avalanche.

G1 - L2
G2 - L9
G3 - L5
G4 - L1
G5 - L4
G6 - L7
G7 - L3
G8 - L8

Swap L5 for L6 in my list.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

OMG that was so annoying. I got caught up but it took an hour longer than it should and I didn't have, so I'm just gonna jot down some quick thoughts. I don't really have great analysis anyway; there wasn't a whole lot that actually stood out to me. And this feels like one of those games that's gonna take me longer to get reads I feel comfortable with, which sucks but bleh.

For the ladies:

I think I'm coming around to actually feeling quite good about L4. This is mostly a thread presence read as she's here quite often with a lot of pop ins and poking/commenting on a lot. It's just a kind of thread presence that feels more townie than scummy and I've liked some of the little emotional flourishes in some of her posts. This is probably the closest to an actual town read among the ladies.

I do like things from L3 (the pop in asking L6 about his L8 read was something that felt good), L2 (The kind of wistful/regretful posts feel nonmanipulative), L9 (good thread presence but analytical types take me longer to read.

For the men:

G2 - Duh. I do like the approach he's taking as IC right now actually.

G6 - My towniest read among the men, and this is approaching actual town read status too. I like his thread presence and most of his interactions. His read/pushing then backing off and being torn on L4 feel real enough.

And then I'm in a wasteland. Tonally G3 feels fine most of the time, but his discussion with G6 felt a bit too much based on semantics. I'm not sure what to make of it with G3 town reading G6. Communication clash maybe? Anyway I want to like him just because he feels good tonally but. Some of G1's posts I like, some of them feel like posting to post. I think most of his quotestripe posts feel posting to post with really nothing there. G7 is way wooden and too focused on mechanics. G4 plays around a lot and that gives me nothing. I liked G5's flurry but it was short-lived so we'll have to see what g5 brings when he shows up. I like G8's Michael role-play.

Oh I liked G4's town it up people post.

So, yep, there's where I'm at. Don't you wanna dance with me *kisses* :p
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Townreading G7 now I think.

I'm still not enthusiastic about L9 being paired with G2.

and not only because I want her for myself.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I'm going to say something that might sound strange, but

I think that there is at most 1 scum gentleman and possibly 0 with 2 scum ladies, possibly 3.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 514, Gentleman 6 wrote:Now that Lady 5 has actually started posting game related comments I don't like then overly much, both in terms of I don't agree with their reads and don't understand where they're coming from. For example they said that they like the way Gentleman 3 thinks but I can't find any real solvey posts from them and a lot of following up on tangents so I'm kinda questioning where that comes from.

I'm unsure on G1 so far. I'll try to read it again but their entrance didn't really make too but of an impression on me last night.

I'm very torn on Lady 4. They have posts that ping me town and posts that ping me scum. I'm undecided on them so far.

I think that the majority of G4s shtick is NAI but I'm leaning town on them anyway.

Still think that L8 is very towny, I feel kind of guilty about the fact that they only want to pair with me and I'm torn between them and 9 but those two are my definite townreads among the girls and probably who I'd want to pair with if they weren't, so.

I had one other big townread but MS is awful right now and I don't want to deal with five minute page loads trying to remember who they are, so I'm just not going to bother.

I'm strongly opposed to G2 trying to pair with scum and play town hero
If you feel like you need to pair with Lady 8 go ahead, that's a probable T-T pair.

Since you wanted opinions on the rest of your reads:
-As mentioned Lady 5 has been avoiding some serious discussion, I don't feel good about her.
-I'm getting good feelings from Lady 4, I like posts like , , , . Maybe I'm just a sucker for the short and to the point way she's saying things.
-Gent 4, I had good feelings here too, though it should be noted that their more recent posts have been light on talking about the game
-Gent 1 strikes me as the type of person who I'd need more information from before being able to determine their alignment, their posting has been straight forward but I don't have a read there
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 560, Lady 7 wrote:Tonally G3 feels fine most of the time, but his discussion with G6 felt a bit too much based on semantics.
What can I say, semantics are important. Do you think my wanting people to say exactly what they mean reflects badly on me?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Sorry to any of my other suitors who might be hurt by this

Lady 9, will you dance with me?
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Yo G6, who would you pair me with?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 564, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 560, Lady 7 wrote:Tonally G3 feels fine most of the time, but his discussion with G6 felt a bit too much based on semantics.
What can I say, semantics are important. Do you think my wanting people to say exactly what they mean reflects badly on me?
Not necessarily. Could just be a personality quirk, but the discussion over "sure" felt a bit pedantic, and I really don't want to get that discussion started again at all. If you had scum read him while having that discussion I'd be looking at you with a lot more squinty faces because that could be scum indicative. The fact that you town read him and said it was for clarification means that it could just be communication/personality clash. It stood out to me as a "not quite sure what to do with this" though.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

@L9 and L3

I want more from L6 before ANY ladies accept invitations.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Also if I am reading everything correctly, I get two 'lynches' worth of time / another 8 days before mafia get a 'kill' if I have matched a townie lady. So I think that is ample time to get some serious game solve happening.

I think an important question is to the ladies, given what I have said of my approach, who among you feels they are a strong hydra player / feels comfortable with me probably posting close to exclusively in the PT? I intend to lean heavily on my partner to help me parse the game and then form conclusions based on both an inevitable flip of either town or scum from my partner.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 567, Lady 7 wrote:Could just be a personality quirk
We don't have to talk about it anymore, but I can assure you this is what it is :P

That should become clear enough eventually.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I would actually have asked to be your partner if we were opposite gendered.

I'm not sure who I would suggest you pair with right now but I'll give you an answer tomorrow or Thursday.

I stand by thinking that there's a ton of obvtown gentlemen.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by Gentleman 7 »

Actually, am I missing something?

When I think about it, isn't this just a case of finding one town lady to pair with the IC, and then...just no one else pairs up at all (Ideally we'd come up with backup pairs to organize at the last second in case scum tries to make a S/S pairing in the last minute). Although this sounds like it's starting to get really unfun.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I'm a great hydra partner! I think what I've seen of our approaches would mesh well. But I don't really want to pair with the IC because I'm afraid me knowing that you're town will make me listen to your reads/prioritize your reads more than I should which would probably be counterintuitive to actually solving the game.

I realize this sounds crazy but.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

To be honest I want to pair with L9 for reasons that aren't really related to mathematically optimizing the setup. I think it's probably a suboptimal pairing, but I don't really care.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”