No Governor -
Bingle, xofelf, Cephrir, davesaz, Gamma Emerald
Menalque -
EspressoPatronum, Menalque, Dr Easy Bake
Hectic -
AaronFrost, Elements
Untrod Tripod -
Untrod Tripod

With 40 Alive, it takes 21 to elect a Governor.
You have (expired on 2019-11-16 22:00:00) left in this phase.
Last edited by chkflip on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Okay then...
The governor shot has an advantage that Bingle didn't bring up earlier.
It gives reads. The whole process of voting for the governor shot, and then later how the person with the shot uses it, generates reads. And I believe that offsets the mechanical disadvantages of the shot.

Having said that, at this stage in the game there's only one role that could effectively use governor in this situation that can get away with claiming right now. And that would still be heavily ill-advised due to the presence of a cult. So if we do give someone the governor shot, we probably won't be doing it for mechanical reasons. And since we haven't had enough time to form good reads yet, the next strategy we could use to give the shot is to give it to someone who can be read somewhat easily to see how and if they use it in the first few days.

So I'm going to VOTE: Creature (I could be convinced into voting for DEB as well.)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 270, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 171, Menalque wrote:Also still sad that I never got an appreciation page in AvP
You were actually on my top of mind for this next appreciation page for what happened in AvP my dear
if you're scum again this game and you do this idk how I'm gonna go on

especially after you cheated on me with that lil slut dannflor
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 271, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 269, Bingle wrote:I have good feels from Chem and Mena and bad feels from GE and Ico based on the governor shenaynaygans, btw.
itt Bingle rewards contrarianism...? Idk about Ico but those two are campaigning for someone to actually get the gov and I changed my tune to not wanting to give it to anyone when it was announced to result in a no lynch. What metric are you making these reads from?
Both of you two feel like you want towncred from doing the optimal thing, which is kinda bleh.

Mena is treating it exactly like TownMena treated fruit, which backfired spectacularly on him and got him a bunch of scumreads thus isn't likely to be a thing he'd fake as scum.

Chem is trying to draw reads from it instead of just worrying about the mechanic, which is slight feelsgood vibes.

Just because someone is doing something that is right for the town doesn't mean that they themselves are town, which is incidentally why Enigma's townread of me was p gross. Also, *reasons*. If we were voting to lynch right now I'd be voting Enigma 200% of the time.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 269, Bingle wrote:I have good feels from Chem and Mena and bad feels from GE and Ico based on the governor shenaynaygans, btw.
you should vote for me then!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 276, Rautherdir wrote:Okay then...
The governor shot has an advantage that Bingle didn't bring up earlier.
It gives reads. The whole process of voting for the governor shot, and then later how the person with the shot uses it, generates reads. And I believe that offsets the mechanical disadvantages of the shot.

Having said that, at this stage in the game there's only one role that could effectively use governor in this situation that can get away with claiming right now. And that would still be heavily ill-advised due to the presence of a cult. So if we do give someone the governor shot, we probably won't be doing it for mechanical reasons. And since we haven't had enough time to form good reads yet, the next strategy we could use to give the shot is to give it to someone who can be read somewhat easily to see how and if they use it in the first few days.

So I'm going to VOTE: Creature (I could be convinced into voting for DEB as well.)
Wow, this leapfrogged into "Easily the worst reaction to governor vote" immediately!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Menalque »

rautherdir: we should give governor to someone who can be read easily!
also rautherdir: let's give it to creature or DEB
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 279, Menalque wrote:
But I don't want you dead. And if we give you the governor shot, then you have to die.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 278, Bingle wrote:
itt Bingle rewards contrarianism...? Idk about Ico but those two are campaigning for someone to actually get the gov and I changed my tune to not wanting to give it to anyone when it was announced to result in a no lynch. What metric are you making these reads from?
Both of you two feel like you want towncred from doing the optimal thing, which is kinda bleh.

Mena is treating it exactly like TownMena treated fruit, which backfired spectacularly on him and got him a bunch of scumreads thus isn't likely to be a thing he'd fake as scum.

Chem is trying to draw reads from it instead of just worrying about the mechanic, which is slight feelsgood vibes.

Just because someone is doing something that is right for the town doesn't mean that they themselves are town, which is incidentally why Enigma's townread of me was p gross. Also, *reasons*. If we were voting to lynch right now I'd be voting Enigma 200% of the time.
or would I? given that I have recently

e x p a n d e d

my scum range
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 282, Bingle wrote:
But I don't want you dead. And if we give you the governor shot, then you have to die.
ur really gonna go through the process of lynching me twice just cause I have a governor?
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 281, Menalque wrote:rautherdir: we should give governor to someone who can be read easily!
Both of whom can be read somewhat easily?
Or is Creature no longer easily readable since I last played with them?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Menalque »

let us all remember the parable of the warmpupper who was wrongly maligned for having a governor shot

also I won't use it to leash the lynchpool, u have my word
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 285, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 281, Menalque wrote:rautherdir: we should give governor to someone who can be read easily!
Both of whom can be read somewhat easily?
Or is Creature no longer easily readable since I last played with them?
he is not, and I personally think deb is incredibly hard to read but maybe you have more luck on that than me

I, on the other hand, am an incredibly easy read!
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Rautherdir »

I mean, DEB seemed pretty easy to read in my last game. (Then again, he got confed day 2 so... my perception might be inaccurate)
And it has been a while since I played with Creature, so if they're no longer an easy read I guess I'll just UNVOTE: and see what other people think of my strat.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

After digging through the files in the back room of a crumbling library, my sleuthing has brought me to the conclusion that this "Menalque" character most likely lacks a hidden agenda. He might even be a lead, and the only one I have so far at that.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 284, Menalque wrote:
In post 282, Bingle wrote:
ur really gonna go through the process of lynching me twice just cause I have a governor?
Yes.

Or at least waste the first lynch on getting rid of the governor shot.

If you publicly have a governor shot, there's no reason for a cult not to recruit you. You can prevent a lynch, giving an additional night of recruitment. There are specific roles that could be positive equity with a governor shot, but they're unlikely imo and most of them lose that equity via claiming (like unrecruitable townie). Compare: Scum governor is disproportionately better for scum than town governor is for town. Cult governor is disproportionately better for cult than Scum governor is for scum. The chance at a very small advantage (that I don't think is really an advantage in the first place) is not worth the chance at LOSING A DAYPHASE.

And the best case scenario of giving the governor shot to someone who obvtowns? Yeah, well that's putting more of a target on their back for recruitment, not less.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 289, Cephrir wrote:
After digging through the files in the back room of a crumbling library, my sleuthing has brought me to the conclusion that this "Menalque" character most likely lacks a hidden agenda. He might even be a lead, and the only one I have so far at that.
the only agenda I have is the very open one of winning votes from this fair town and then roleplaying as the mayor for the rest of the game!
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Iconeum »

VOTE: no lynch
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Iconeum »

haven't read since page 5

ish

i might tomorrow
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 278, Bingle wrote:

Well I’d just seen the exact same thing in AvP so I had preconceptions. But if there is a role that can make it helpful I’m interested to hear more.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Iconeum »

extra no lynch = extra cult recruit option

the role is strictly anti-town
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Creature can be an easy read, but not as much nowadays
Idk about DEB
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 288, Rautherdir wrote:I mean, DEB seemed pretty easy to read in my last game. (Then again, he got confed day 2 so... my perception might be inaccurate)
And it has been a while since I played with Creature, so if they're no longer an easy read I guess I'll just UNVOTE: and see what other people think of my strat.
Did we ever find out if FTC was actually a Creature alt?
<Embrace The Void>

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 288, Rautherdir wrote:I mean, DEB seemed pretty easy to read in my last game. (Then again, he got confed day 2 so... my perception might be inaccurate)
that doesn't seem very cash money of you bingle boi

I mean I don't deny that you're right
mechanically
but I do deny that you're right
fun-ly

it's also total WIFOM as to whether the cult would recruit me, no?

also the chance is much larger than a small advantage bc I would use my FIRE READS to save town from a mislynch, so. there's that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 291, Menalque wrote:
In post 289, Cephrir wrote:
the only agenda I have is the very open one of winning votes from this fair town and then roleplaying as the mayor for the rest of the game!
(I kinda want you to do this if you get it)
(In fact if anyone gets it I want them to do this)
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”