Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 367, Formerfish wrote:
In post 349, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 342, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah sure, I know for a fact we just clash so any scumread you have on me
I automatically do not respect
kinda a weird response, You didn't deny being scum just a slight discredit.
That stood out for me in the same way Nero. Do you think Gamma is gonna be that obvious though?
Try reading between the lines. By vocalizing that I’m broadcasting to everyone else “this read is crap”.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 371, Formerfish wrote:
In post 354, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 115, Bingle wrote:So why, would cultwooper be so insistent on finding out what the not a player did N0 when he knows the not a player is not a player by virtue of the fact that he's not in the cultwooper's pt?
this post is weird.
In post 0, chkflip wrote:There is a cult.
They start with a leader
, recruiting once per night; however, scum recruit attempts end in death of the cult leader.
So there's only a cult leader right now and your instance that wooper hasn't been culted makes 0 sense.
Are you under the impression that we had night 0 actions?

Did you miss where ColdHeartedKing is the mods alt?
Wait that was his his alt? HOLY SHIT, SORRY DUDE!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Menalque »

Ty chem + FF

Ali, you know what would spite scum!zoraster? Voting for me so his pick doesn’t get it
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Pine »

No gamestart notification. Rude.

I’m going to hardcore lurk through the first day or two. I don’t like early game in anything larger than a Micro, and fuuuuck this 40 players noise.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 374, InsideJob711 wrote:Also Zor flipped the lag switch on again so he’s def scum
I feel this post
Also xof, didn’t bring this up earlier, but great gif choice
<Embrace The Void>

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 375, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 342, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah sure, I know for a fact we just clash so any scumread you have on me
That stood out for me in the same way Nero. Do you think Gamma is gonna be that obvious though?
Try reading between the lines. By vocalizing that I’m broadcasting to everyone else “this read is crap”.
Respecting someone's read has nothing to do with it's veracity. I can not respect people who read me, but that doesn't mean the read is wrong.

I think a better way to get across what you intimated would be to talk about his ability to read you correctly, not how much you respect him as a player. You guys can clash and he can still read you right, you saying you don't respect his read doesn't change your alignment.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 378, Pine wrote:No gamestart notification. Rude.

I’m going to hardcore lurk through the first day or two. I don’t like early game in anything larger than a Micro, and fuuuuck this 40 players noise.
Why not vote for me before you go? Especially after you didn’t give me
a single piece
of juicy, tasty fruit
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by xofelf »

Thanks Gamma, I use it a lot <3

Also I don't think zor's intro posts is really scum indicative, just his general sort of grumpiness about things he's annoyed by. It's fairly on brand with zor as a person, and more null than anything else.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 380, Formerfish wrote:
Respecting someone's read has nothing to do with it's veracity. I can not respect people who read me, but that doesn't mean the read is wrong.

I think a better way to get across what you intimated would be to talk about his ability to read you correctly, not how much you respect him as a player. You guys can clash and he can still read you right, you saying you don't respect his read doesn't change your alignment.
Our clashing screws with how we read each other though. Our previous game together he was part of a hydra and we just
went at each other
for a while as scum partners. It pissed of his hydra partner and I eventually realized every post I was having issues with was by him. That gave me an excuse to mold my interaction with that slot that game, but it also made me realize we just do not work well together in any capacity. So like, if our clashing can affect our interactions on such a level when we know each other’s alignment...
how the hell do you think we’re gonna read each other well ever
?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also lag is killing me rn so
le bye for now
<Embrace The Void>

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 384, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also lag is killing me rn so
le bye for now
This lag reminds me of trying to beat it while using dial up internet. Blue balls.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean yes there is a risk in gov in that one could save a mafia/cult lynch or we could even end up giving it to mafia or a cult recruit so they could save a team member/WIFOM us but generally speaking I think its a pro-town power and I'd kinda expect for other town to see the potential town benefit in it and want to keep it within the town. Thus I think there are going to be a ton of scum on the "no gov" wagon. For mafia, I could see them
NOT
wanting it b/c A.) they need as many lynches as they can get and gov doesn't help them with that. B.) they don't want to risk creating a link by saving thier own buddy or face questions/risk a lynch by getting it and not using it.

I especially do not like Icon's framing of gov=
EXTRA
recruit. They recruit each night regardless of lynch or no lynch. (as long as the CL is alive) This cult shamming seems especially scummy to me.

good d2 lynches are
bingle
gamma
icon
wopper
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 383, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 380, Formerfish wrote:

Our clashing screws with how we read each other though. Our previous game together he was part of a hydra and we just
went at each other
for a while as scum partners. It pissed of his hydra partner and I eventually realized every post I was having issues with was by him. That gave me an excuse to mold my interaction with that slot that game, but it also made me realize we just do not work well together in any capacity. So like, if our clashing can affect our interactions on such a level when we know each other’s alignment...
how the hell do you think we’re gonna read each other well ever
?
I still stand by my and your feels like a cop-out. We "went after" each other b/c I assume you wanted to distance from our slot and I replied b/c I thought I'd look bad for ignoring you. So I feel like this "look at me and Nero not getting along! It totally proves that we can't read each other." Also, I wasn't really under suspicion. Spangled? was town reading my head and no one put much stock in your "case."

And so what? Even if I was historically bad @ reading you it doesn't exactly mean that I can't be right here. So yeah, I think you are just discrediting scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 374, InsideJob711 wrote:Also Zor flipped the lag switch on again so he’s def scum
this is another locktown post

"town" core:
chem
ij711
elements
xof

actual townread:
menal
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 16, Bingle wrote:
In post 14, chennisden wrote:Yo im here to meme
I request that you keep your memes topical. As this is a D&D flavored game, all memes must be related to 90's sitcoms. Your cooperation will be noted, and resistance will be policy lynched.
i don't give two

Significance
Topicality

Harms
Inherency
Solvency
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by chennisden »

Wait am i actually expected to play
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 390, chennisden wrote:Wait am i actually expected to play
Not any more than you normally do.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
InsideJob711
InsideJob711
Goon
InsideJob711
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by InsideJob711 »

In post 386, Nero Cain wrote:I mean yes there is a risk in gov in that one could save a mafia/cult lynch or we could even end up giving it to mafia or a cult recruit so they could save a team member/WIFOM us but generally speaking I think its a pro-town power and I'd kinda expect for other town to see the potential town benefit in it and want to keep it within the town. Thus I think there are going to be a ton of scum on the "no gov" wagon. For mafia, I could see them
NOT
wanting it b/c A.) they need as many lynches as they can get and gov doesn't help them with that. B.) they don't want to risk creating a link by saving thier own buddy or face questions/risk a lynch by getting it and not using it.

I especially do not like Icon's framing of gov=
EXTRA
recruit. They recruit each night regardless of lynch or no lynch. (as long as the CL is alive) This cult shamming seems especially scummy to me.

good d2 lynches are
bingle
gamma
icon
wopper
woops
Nero Cain scumposted

In post 377, Menalque wrote:Ty chem + FF

Ali, you know what would spite scum!zoraster? Voting for me so his pick doesn’t get it
no one gets the govern fuck everyone
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

You mean I have to try? How does one do that?
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

Actually Mena's my scumbuddy too so I'm okay with giving him governor.

VOTE: Menalque
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Hey, you guys wanna do a fun thing?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
InsideJob711
InsideJob711
Goon
InsideJob711
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by InsideJob711 »

In post 388, Chemist1422 wrote:
this is another locktown post

"town" core:
chem
ij711
elements
xof

actual townread:
menal
Town
InsideJob711
InsideJob711
Goon
InsideJob711
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by InsideJob711 »

Scum
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 317, Pink Ball wrote:Bingle, is governor shot in conftown hands better than no governor shot at all?
No.
In post 318, Menalque wrote:
In post 311, Bingle wrote:
In post 298, Menalque wrote:I would use my FIRE READS to save town from a mislynch, so. there's that.
No, you wouldn't.

It sounds like you would, but here's what would happen. You'd govern a lynch that you were unable to derail by arguing. We'd No Lynch instead. And then we'd wake up again and lynch the guy whose lynch you just derailed because you already proved you couldn't convince people that your FIRE READS were more right than theirs.
See, that’s where you’re wrong

I’ll keep my cards super close to my chest

Wait for scum to opportunistically wagon a poor unsuspecting townie boi

Then I will spectacularly emerge from my feigned slumber, the mayor the town needs, not the one it deserves, govern that bad boi up and proceed to illuminate the scum who were leading the lynch to the rest of the gentle citizens of this here Cobble town and we will secure flawless victory
Or, if you actually had the ability to derail the lynch you could do that at say L-3 and not waste the ability of the town to potentially kill scum. :roll:
In post 323, Virgo the Immaculate wrote:
In post 321, davesaz wrote:
In post 317, Pink Ball wrote:Bingle, is governor shot in conftown hands better than no governor shot at all?
If there is cult then conftown there is not.
Can we elect no governor?
Yes
In post 325, BBmolla wrote:This thread is moving so fast no one will notice when I say I like sleeping naked
I'm going to periodically bring this up for as long as we both shall live (in this game).
In post 331, Gamma Emerald wrote::igmeou:
(Also who tf is whopper)
In post 333, zoraster wrote:hello there. i wish the game didn't start without a notification PM, but here we are.

Everyone who posted earlier than me is slightly suspect.
You play mafia? HOLY FUCK! I thought you were just on site because you feed on the fear of the users.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Fuck shit up is my motto this game and I think you're down with that VOTE: Menalque

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”