Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:57 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

I will go so far as to venture to say that I think the read on Gentleman 3 is generally shared by the majority and those who aren't part of that unanimity have weak enough reads that when players become more forthcoming about their stances tomorrow, they will be.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:59 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Here, I'll explain what my thoughts have been. That might help work this out.

L2 hasn't been on my radar till recently, specifically. I think L4 is right that she's definitely readable, though I myself have a hard time with that style. If I were to pair with her, it would be
to make sure she can live for a while.

L5 locktowns me and has expressed a lot of interest in solving me. That would make our pair very unified-- we live or die based solely on people's reads of her... unfortunately, I'm in a similar boat as with me in that there doesn't seem to be a consensus on her. I thought she was towny but as I mentioned before, pocketing isn't out of the question. If I were to pair with her, it would be
because she townreads me and won't ever leave the dance.

L6 I haven't read much of, what I've read has been fine, but she seems to be pretty townread. If I were to pair with her, it would be
because people have suggested that pairing.

L7 used to be my strongest townread. She isn't anymore. I'm not going to pair with her. But when I was considering it, it was because
I was most confident she was town.

And finally, a fifth consideration. Without giving away too much, one time I previously played this setup, I had a similar choice, and I went back and forth and back and forth in my head and decided on exactly the wrong option. As previously mentioned, I am bad at this game. And mafia is a team game. So I want help from my team. :]
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:02 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1447, Lady 6 wrote:Post 1122 and quoted again on this page.
That's just saying you would pair with me, not what you would do after we pair.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:03 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1444, Gentleman 5 wrote:This is stalling, you know it, I know it. Theres over 50 pages of information, you should have some semblence of who to pick at this point.
Oh, I do. I have many semblances. See my above post. The problem is picking which semblance is the best.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:04 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1449, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 1446, Gentleman 5 wrote:I think there is a reason why you havent picked L5.

Is it because you dont townread her, or because you both are scum?
Why are you indirectly shading and pressuring G3 rather than just outright stating you think he should partner with L5?
I dont want L5 partnered with anyone. But its obvious she wants G3 and G3 only wants to pair with her so whats the holdup.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:05 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1446, Gentleman 5 wrote:Is it because you dont townread her, or because you both are scum?
I don't townread her as confidently as I would like (enough to bet the game on it), and I don't know how confidently the town as a whole townreads her.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:06 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1454, Gentleman 5 wrote:G3 only wants to pair with her so whats the holdup.
Read on :P
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1450, Gentleman 4 wrote:I will go so far as to venture to say that I think the read on Gentleman 3 is generally shared by the majority and those who aren't part of that unanimity have weak enough reads that when players become more forthcoming about their stances tomorrow, they will be.
The funny part is even reading this I can't tell what the read is, but I assume it's town. (If I'm universally scumread I can't imagine this many people would care this much about who I ask.)

But if so many people think I'm town, then why are they pressuring me to pair by doubting my motives, rather than by explaining why expedient pairing is pro-town?

Like that's literally what's happening. The longer I wait, the more people are "omg I'm afraid G3 is scum stalling for info" and as far as I can remember, not a single person has tried to identify for what reason I might be stalling as TOWN and help me work it out.

So if I'm a universal townread like you say then people sure as hell aren't treating me like one.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:12 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1451, Gentleman 3 wrote:Here, I'll explain what my thoughts have been. That might help work this out.

L2 hasn't been on my radar till recently, specifically. I think L4 is right that she's definitely readable, though I myself have a hard time with that style. If I were to pair with her, it would be
to make sure she can live for a while.

L5 locktowns me and has expressed a lot of interest in solving me. That would make our pair very unified-- we live or die based solely on people's reads of her... unfortunately, I'm in a similar boat as with me in that there doesn't seem to be a consensus on her. I thought she was towny but as I mentioned before, pocketing isn't out of the question. If I were to pair with her, it would be
because she townreads me and won't ever leave the dance.

L6 I haven't read much of, what I've read has been fine, but she seems to be pretty townread. If I were to pair with her, it would be
because people have suggested that pairing.

L7 used to be my strongest townread. She isn't anymore. I'm not going to pair with her. But when I was considering it, it was because
I was most confident she was town.

And finally, a fifth consideration. Without giving away too much, one time I previously played this setup, I had a similar choice, and I went back and forth and back and forth in my head and decided on exactly the wrong option. As previously mentioned, I am bad at this game. And mafia is a team game. So I want help from my team. :]
Oof the survivability makes me want to throw up.

“Im only picking L5 as long as she doesnt leave”

Why do you think people plan on leaving? If the person planning on leaving is town, then Im sure they will mention it to the group before going all suicidal. If the person leaving is mafia, means they were pressured and worried they were getting offed, or they were trying to silence a town voice.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:13 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1458, Gentleman 5 wrote:Why do you think people plan on leaving?
It is a tradition in this setup for people to leave for stupid, petty reasons.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:14 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1452, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1447, Lady 6 wrote:Post 1122 and quoted again on this page.
That's just saying you would pair with me, not what you would do after we pair.
Tbh, I'd just be attempting to persuade people on who scum are. We'd probably discuss the L5 read as she's in my scumpool. I'd hope we'd come to a consensus eventually but I tend to like strong players who form their own opinions.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

By which I mean people are (a) impulsive, (b) intoxicated by the power of being able to immediately kill someone, and (c) bad at calculating why it's mathematically not a good idea to leave.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:17 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1458, Gentleman 5 wrote:Oof the survivability makes me want to throw up.
Also um... you realize that townies need to survive for town to win? If I'm going to be lynched anyway, it doesn't matter who I pair with. It only matters if people won't lynch me, and in that case I want a town partner who won't walk out on me.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Looks like L5 isn't townread enough for that pairing to work.

I'm gonna take a shower and then reread L2 and L6 and ask one or both of them.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 987, Lady 2 wrote:This is that post. It's not a strong "sheep" as such, but it's a lame coda to a series of mediocre posts from L8 mainly about L5's posting style. Okay L8 has more posts than me. So what? I don't think they contributed much and I think that they don't contribute much in a way that means scummy. There's a lot of pointless mild interjections, a lot of non-content content like this stuff about G5 "Townslipping" because that's not what it is. If her contributions look good to you, well, fine, I'm not seeing it. I've gone through her ISO. I care about evaluating and understanding this read. Yes at this point I'd say she's in my top three players I'd like to see left out. If one of my Townreads wanted to invite her and read her and work with her it might be a different story. But im not seeing that.
To be honest, I still don't understand why your quoted post is particularly scummy.

Do you find the post (spoilered below because the quotes messed up earlier) is scummy because she agrees with Gentleman 6? If it's a sheep, it's very blatant, and not quite what I'd expect. Is it scummy because it associates her positively with Lady 5?

I apologize if I'm being dense here.

Spoiler:
In post 125, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 122, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 120, Lady 8 wrote:Why are we arguing whether smiley faces are AI?
I think that's an oversimplification of the discussion. But anyway, offer something else to talk about if you have a problem with it.
Sure. Should we go for optimal pairings or just wing it?
In post 124, Gentleman 6 wrote:I agree that town carry playstyles will also want to show themselves to be town quickly.

But I don't think that avoiding serious talk in the early game when prompted to is a scumtell and I would lean it and Lady 5 the other way.
I'm not used to anon games so it's taking a bit of time to get used to it. But yes, I agree with your assessment on Lady 5.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:21 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1463, Gentleman 3 wrote:Looks like L5 isn't townread enough for that pairing to work.

I'm gonna take a shower and then reread L2 and L6 and ask one or both of them.
Just a heads up. Your first ask is locked.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1459, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1458, Gentleman 5 wrote:Why do you think people plan on leaving?
It is a tradition in this setup for people to leave for stupid, petty reasons.
In post 1461, Gentleman 3 wrote:By which I mean people are (a) impulsive, (b) intoxicated by the power of being able to immediately kill someone, and (c) bad at calculating why it's mathematically not a good idea to leave.
Lol. Town shouldnt do it impulsively and I think you are being too worried about the leave mechanic.
Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1458, Gentleman 5 wrote:Oof the survivability makes me want to throw up.
Also um... you realize that townies need to survive for town to win? If I'm going to be lynched anyway, it doesn't matter who I pair with. It only matters if people won't lynch me, and in that case I want a town partner who won't walk out on me.
People die in mafia, if you worry too much about living youre not going anywhere mate.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 581, Lady 5 wrote:The reason Gent 2 should go with Lady 7 is because Lady 7 is feel could be the most possible Deep Wolf so making the confirmed Town partners with them could help in the long run.
Lady 5, why would you want to get a deep wolf to late game? Perhaps I misunderstand, can you clear this up for me?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 558, Gentleman 7 wrote:I'm not really against you pairing with L9, but I would prefer G6 right now, because both of them feel very town-solvy to me, and it would make the scum have to choose between killing that pair and killing you and your partner--essentially I feel like L9's a bit too strong to pair with you. I'm not really against it, but I kind of want to do like IC with 2nd most townread lady, and most townread lady to go with 2nd most townread gentleman.

I was actually wanting for you to be with L5 initially, but her recent posts are making me reconsider. If I think she's town, I'll be in favour of that pairing, though.
Gentleman 7, this implies you were in favor of Lady 5 earlier, what did you see there that made you think she was town, and what made you doubt that she could be town?

What do you think of her now?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:40 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1465, Lady 6 wrote:Just a heads up. Your first ask is locked.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean you can't make a second one.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:48 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1466, Gentleman 5 wrote:Lol. Town shouldnt do it impulsively and I think you are being too worried about the leave mechanic.
Spoiler:
FakeGod wrote:
In post 4338, Bitmap wrote:
@Mod: I'd like to leave the dance.
Dunnstral, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
Second Dance

Bitmap, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
Second Dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 4482, Vedith wrote:
Leave the dance
Vedith, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
Second Dance

Firebringer, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
Second Dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 5131, Pink Ball wrote:
Leave the dance
Dr Worm, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
Second Dance

Pink Ball, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
Second Dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 2487, Dunnstral wrote:
Anyways, I'd like to leave the dance
Dunnstral, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
First Dance

MariaR, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
First Dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 2497, Princess Celestia wrote:
I would like to leave the dance!
Kokichi Oma, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
Second Dance

Princess Celestia, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
Second Dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 2531, Malakittens wrote:
I’d like 2 lesve the dance pls
SirCakez, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
Second Dance

Malakittens, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
Second Dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 1762, RadiantCowbells wrote:
I will step out of the dance.
RadiantCowbells, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
pre-dance

Lady Lambdadelta, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
pre-dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 2286, MariaR wrote:
Let's leave the dance
Dunnstral, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
Second Dance

MariaR, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
Second Dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 2412, Priscila wrote:
Exit stage left.
Priscila, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
Second Dance

Assemblerotws, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
Second Dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 2207, Vedith wrote:
Vedith leaves the dance floor
Gamma Emerald, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
first dance

Vedith, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
first dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 3734, Shadow_step wrote:
leave the dance in a selfless manner :P
Shadow_step, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
first dance

MariaR, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
first dance
FakeGod wrote:
In post 5503, pieguyn wrote:
I want to make myself feel the sweet embrace of death and turn into stardust. (leave the dance)
mhsmith0, who was
Town
Gentleman
, has
left
in
second dance

pieguyn, who was
Town
Lady
, has
left
in
second dance
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

For reference, remaining Gentleman and Ladies:

Gentlemen 1, 3, 7, and 8
have no partners. Of these, only Gentleman 3 has posted in the last day and a half, and only Gentlemen 7 and 3 have posted in the last three days.

Ladies 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7
have no partners. Of these, all have posted in the last 24 hours, with the exception of Lady 1 who hasn't posted in four days.

If your name was listed here, I'm really interested to here your thoughts on prospective partners or if you've already explained that, why you've been pushing for said partner (with the exception of Gentleman 3). Gentlemen 3 seems to be a hot commodity for the Ladies, am I wrong?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1466, Gentleman 5 wrote:People die in mafia, if you worry too much about living youre not going anywhere mate.
This is a non sequitur that I think pretends to be an actual argument? Can you rephrase this in more formal terms, i.e. tell me exactly what your premises and conclusion are?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:51 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Lady 1's getting replaced, also.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon