Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Donempire »

Oh shit creature actually knows italian, lets hope he doesnt expose that i just put random words there and pretend i actually know the language
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2201, Flavor Leaf wrote:Vote Flavor for Governor
FF gladiated, they literally can't.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2225, Donempire wrote:Oh shit creature actually knows italian, lets hope he doesnt expose that i just put random words there and pretend i actually know the language
Let's hope they don't search said words
Sigh
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Bingle »

Since my last post, exactly one important thing happened, AFAICT. No, FF, gladiator does not normally preclude no lynching. Even if it did, this is a theme game and was reviewed for balance in 2013 so arguments to change the roles midgame based on the wiki aren't exactly going to work.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Creature »

2013: This setup is gonna blast it!

2019: Election stage becomes pure spam
Sigh
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Bingle »

Spoiler: @Nero Gamma posts I thought demonstrated solveyness (not exhaustive, but demonstrative)
In post 139, Gamma Emerald wrote:
How does one use the 1-shot Governor won by being elected? What happens when it is used?
In post 271, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 269, Bingle wrote:I have good feels from Chem and Mena and bad feels from GE and Ico based on the governor shenaynaygans, btw.
itt Bingle rewards contrarianism...? Idk about Ico but those two are campaigning for someone to actually get the gov and I changed my tune to not wanting to give it to anyone when it was announced to result in a no lynch. What metric are you making these reads from?
In post 273, Gamma Emerald wrote:I will say the tinfoil of “what if it’s a lynch” despite that clearly not being possible is slightly towny though
In post 748, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 438, Amrun wrote:Ok after reading that, these are my off the cuff impressions:

If xofelf or chemist turns out to be scum, they are not scum together. I don’t know xofelf but she seems a little clueless/confused for her join date but I can’t tell if it’s a tell or not since I don’t know if it’s normal.

UT seems town to me so far. He is usually an easy read for me, from years ago.

Melnaque seems to have an ulterior motive, but not necessarily scum. Maybe third party.

Bingle is pushing his agenda hard. My gut says that’s a personality trait that he’d do as any loyalty but I’ll wait and see.

Zoraster is town. (Long time no see btw). His thoughts basically echo mine. I had no idea game started.

Bbmolla is acting scummy (for him)

Nero Cain seems town - doesn’t seem concerned with his appearance or how his posts will “seem”

Full disclosure: I have a 60hr/wk job and a 1 year old toddler. I am extremely busy. I’m not sure what my presence will be like in such a big game. I won’t disappear but I won’t be available Willy nilly- maybe one or two dedicated short time periods per day for this game, period, at least until it gets smaller and moves slower. But I will do my best to be active enough to make an impact. It’s been a long time since I’ve played. :)
Talk about your BBMolla read please
Also I don’t think xofelf being confused is A.I.
In post 751, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 457, Firebringer wrote:
In post 452, Amrun wrote:I’m perfectly aware he’s prone to goofing off as any alignment. Why, then, would you insist I’m “wrong” to say he is scummy?I take it back... bbmolla is not scum with Firebringer, who is scum.
because I like pointing out incorrect things.

also congrats on being more right! proud of u
I like this so far by Fire
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Bingle »

Spoiler: Nero argumentation that feels scummy
In post 326, Nero Cain wrote:14 pages already. Time to lynch the fluff posters.
In post 746, Nero Cain wrote:this game is 50 shades of dumb.
In post 762, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 764, xofelf wrote:designed to be nuts that you would be grumpy when it turns out that the game is in fact nuts. Or that there's a bunch of fluff. Like come on, you know what you signed up for, don't get pissy that you're getting what you ordered.
I'm always grumpy. The fluff in this game isn't part of game design so if people are allowed to overinflate their post count I have plenty of right to fuss about it. Although it's not like anyone really cares what I think about them so eh.

Spoiler: Nero v Gamma
In post 340, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 331, Gamma Emerald wrote::igmeou:
(Also who tf is whopper)
Wooper

big deal.

Gamma is also scum.
First of all, after seeing Gamma question the conftown status of Ali in the game where Ali was the confirmed town treestump, I don't think this kind of thing is AI at all. Second of all, this kind of thing is exactly the sort of easy push that you can hide behind while not expecting it to go anywhere.

Again, these are not exhaustive, nor is the read strong. I actually think Nero comes across a bit better in his interactions with Ali during the 30 pages of Creature making my eyes bleed.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 2230, Bingle wrote:
Spoiler: @Nero Gamma posts I thought demonstrated solveyness (not exhaustive, but demonstrative)
How does one use the 1-shot Governor won by being elected? What happens when it is used?
In post 269, Bingle wrote:I have good feels from Chem and Mena and bad feels from GE and Ico based on the governor shenaynaygans, btw.
itt Bingle rewards contrarianism...? Idk about Ico but those two are campaigning for someone to actually get the gov and I changed my tune to not wanting to give it to anyone when it was announced to result in a no lynch. What metric are you making these reads from?
In post 273, Gamma Emerald wrote:I will say the tinfoil of “what if it’s a lynch” despite that clearly not being possible is slightly towny though
In post 438, Amrun wrote:Ok after reading that, these are my off the cuff impressions:

If xofelf or chemist turns out to be scum, they are not scum together. I don’t know xofelf but she seems a little clueless/confused for her join date but I can’t tell if it’s a tell or not since I don’t know if it’s normal.

Melnaque seems to have an ulterior motive, but not necessarily scum. Maybe third party.

Bingle is pushing his agenda hard. My gut says that’s a personality trait that he’d do as any loyalty but I’ll wait and see.

Zoraster is town. (Long time no see btw). His thoughts basically echo mine. I had no idea game started.

Nero Cain seems town - doesn’t seem concerned with his appearance or how his posts will “seem”

Full disclosure: I have a 60hr/wk job and a 1 year old toddler. I am extremely busy. I’m not sure what my presence will be like in such a big game. I won’t disappear but I won’t be available Willy nilly- maybe one or two dedicated short time periods per day for this game, period, at least until it gets smaller and moves slower. But I will do my best to be active enough to make an impact. It’s been a long time since I’ve played. :)
In post 452, Amrun wrote:I’m perfectly aware he’s prone to goofing off as any alignment. Why, then, would you insist I’m “wrong” to say he is scummy?I take it back... bbmolla is not scum with Firebringer, who is scum.

Why is Bingle producing the most content in the thread

What timeline have I jumped into
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 2232, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 2230, Bingle wrote:

Why is Bingle producing the most content in the thread

What timeline have I jumped into
The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal bodeboop. A sing lap should be completed every time you hear this sound. ding Remember to run in a straight line and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark. Get ready!… Start. ding
Formerly Dongempire
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Who got gladiated?

I’m probably not ever going FF against whoever he gladiated.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Me spazzalini de diente!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Bingle »

Spoiler: 3 post Scumread on Rauth
In post 276, Rautherdir wrote:Okay then...
The governor shot has an advantage that Bingle didn't bring up earlier.
It gives reads. The whole process of voting for the governor shot, and then later how the person with the shot uses it, generates reads. And I believe that offsets the mechanical disadvantages of the shot.

Having said that, at this stage in the game there's only one role that could effectively use governor in this situation that can get away with claiming right now. And that would still be heavily ill-advised due to the presence of a cult. So if we do give someone the governor shot, we probably won't be doing it for mechanical reasons. And since we haven't had enough time to form good reads yet, the next strategy we could use to give the shot is to give it to someone who can be read somewhat easily to see how and if they use it in the first few days.

So I'm going to VOTE: Creature (I could be convinced into voting for DEB as well.)
In post 288, Rautherdir wrote:I mean, DEB seemed pretty easy to read in my last game. (Then again, he got confed day 2 so... my perception might be inaccurate)
And it has been a while since I played with Creature, so if they're no longer an easy read I guess I'll just UNVOTE: and see what other people think of my strat.
In post 360, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 343, zoraster wrote:
In post 339, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 333, zoraster wrote:Everyone who posted earlier than me is slightly suspect.
Any logic to this?
I got my PM, said "oh hey, this will be fun when it starts" and then left it to chkflip to tell me when it started because I had nothing to do, no reason to engage with the game.

On the other hand, someone who gets a scum PM has a scum PT and is engaged with the game and waiting for it to start and thus noticed when the nonsense begins. Obviously plenty of people will see it in the Large Theme list and what not, but all equal, anyone who posted before chkflip deigned to tell us the game started gets a mild mark against them.
Or, you know, had the sign-up thread bookmarked and noticed the title for the sign-up thread had changed to say the game was now up. That's also possible.

And I disagree that the cult recruiting the governor shot is an issue, I guess it should be clear that that slot probably won't survive very long. (And since it has a high probability of becoming cult then scum would probably shoot the slot at some point.)
To be clear whoever gets the governor shot is the day 5 lynch if they last that long and cult isn't already accounted for. (Exact day adjustable depending on the number of night kills we end up having at night and whether or not there's an early cult leader death. But yeah, as zoraster said, this is a 40 player game. We can afford a one-shot governor, especially if it allows us to create reads and start discussion before getting into day 1. Suggesting otherwise isn't necessarily alignment indicative considering that it's probably the mechanically correct choice, but I don't think it's the correct choice with all things considered.)

First of all, there's so much waffle in these posts I thought I'd walked into a Denny's. Second, he rambles on about explaining exactly why he's doing what he's doing, which makes me think he's very concerned about how people see him and not too concerned about how he sees other people. He's doing this for reads, apparently, but when I've repeatedly asked for people to explain how the existence of a governor gives reads he's been silent. (And yes, this conversation has given the opportunity to read people, but no more than a normal D1 would. And it's certainly caused a lot more thread apathy because of people sitting on their hands doing nothing waiting for the real game to start.)

As soon as he receives pushback on the idea, he drops it with a "I guess I can see what people think of my idea." Unvoting at L-20. Which shows a real commitment to using it as a mechanic to scumhunt.

Further, as soon as zor comes in with a similar sentiment, he jumps right back into the same thing, but the tone isn't "I believe this thing" but rather "Look, someone else believes this thing! I'm not SCUMMY!" And even still, while blatantly hiding behind zor's agreement, he feels the need to defend himself from zor's thought that people who joined the thread early were more likely to be scum.

tl;dr, quickhammer no governor so we can lynch this.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Easier solution, quick hammer Flavor Leaf governor
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Guys, I’m 3rd party. I win the game and leave if I’m voted Governor.

Otherwise, I have to survive to the end.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1832, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1746, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1608, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1517, Formerfish wrote:When we think about adventure stories one of the first races to be demagogued and maligned are the Orcs, and it is true that in most cases those accusations were correct and they were the ones perpetrating the evil done unto the rest of the realm.

However, there have been many times in the history of the word that speak of Orcs who have turned their backs upon the warmongering of their ancestors and set out on their own to make names for themselves. And when that expression is being used in this case it is meant literally. Orcs have no need for names and in their culture they do not use them. You know who your Alpha is and you know what rung you are in the pecking order by birth. Some have grown to hate and despise the path they are upon and leave all they have known behind to find fame and fortune one way or the other. Many become mercenaries selling their skills to the ones who will supply them with all they never had at home. Others become heros, wandering this way and that trying to undo all the damage the Orc legacy carries.

The most successful are the ones who instead of rejecting their past and the inherent violence that is so intrinsic to the natural way of the Orc, these few embrace that rage. They harness the fire that burns inside of them for the atrocities that both sides have wrought upon each other over thousands of years, and for what? An age old feud that not a single living soul can explain beyond Orcs are evil and must be killed. These few have the ability to show exactly why children wake up in sweats during nightmares, diving into the deepest and darkest part of each of us. They show us in an ugly mirror just what kind of evil ugliness can live inside a person, we make them everything we hate about ourselves, and for this we love to see them fight for us. Better than any bare knuckle match, more real than a back alley brawl. These Gladiators have names that ring bells across lands that haven't even been discovered yet, word traveling faster than foot or sail.

Formerfish, TrueSoulEnergy, Chennisden, Let our names call out to the Gods and seek favor from them, for tonight one of us dines in hell.

Challange: TrueSoulEnergy and Chennisden
In post 1521, chkflip wrote:
election count 1.6
No Governor (13) -
Bingle, xofelf, davesaz, Gamma Emerald, InsideJob711, chennisden, BBmolla, Enter, gobbledygook, Amrun, Iconeum, Chemist1422, Creature
TrueSoulEnergy -
TrueSoulEnergy
chennisden -

Formerfish -

With 40 Alive, it takes 21 to elect a Governor.
You have (expired on 2019-11-16 22:00:00) left in this phase.

I may have missed some no governor votes since the last count. I'm busy and on my phone.
To bring this to the current page since we are getting action here and it's getting buried.
I disagree that no gov should be an option. It's not the way the language is in the pm not is it what is cannon on the wiki. I pmed the mod and he's read it but not responded. I don't know if I will get a response.

In order, my preferences are No Governor -> TSE -> FormerFish -> Chenn.

I'm probably going to want to policy lynch TSE if he hasn't used his power by D4 or 20 alive, whichever comes first.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

A Vote for Flavor is a vote for No Governor
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

There’s like actually no reason to not vote me Governor
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2232, Chemist1422 wrote:Why is Bingle producing the most content in the thread
Bruh.

I routinely heavy content. I just also heavy spam and sit back and do fuckall when I don't need to heavy content.

:looks around:

Yeah, there's definitely someone else here willing to put the effort in to start AI conversations.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2241, Flavor Leaf wrote:There’s like actually no reason to not vote me Governor
Except that we can't vote you for Governor.

I did say that of all the notnogovernor options pregladiate you were the best though, if that's a consolation.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I still think that you thinking that me complaining about spam is scummy is really fake. Although Ali parroting that kinda make me wonder if Ali is the scum between you two and I'm just wrong here.
In post 2231, Bingle wrote:First of all, after seeing Gamma question the conftown status of Ali in the game where Ali was the confirmed town treestump, I don't think this kind of thing is AI at all.
??? I'm not really seeing what one has to do with the other.
Second of all, this kind of thing is exactly the sort of easy push that you can hide behind while not expecting it to go anywhere.
???? Gamma has said himself that he understood why I was calling him scum. Why is it so hard for you to understand?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2241, Flavor Leaf wrote:There’s like actually no reason to not vote me Governor
it was funny the first few times but it got old fast.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Donempire »

:(
Formerly Dongempire
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:31 am

Post by Bingle »

Spoiler: And yet, this read is stronger
In post 197, RCEnigma wrote:Jingle I'm interested in this anticult-slip thing.
In post 202, RCEnigma wrote:So, jingle has taken my arbitrary day 1 town lock slot.
In post 210, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 206, Bingle wrote:
In post 202, RCEnigma wrote:So, jingle has taken my arbitrary day 1 town lock slot.
Gross.
It's a political read.
Okay, so *reasons* but this sequence of posts is like crazy scummy. RCE knows I do this kind of thing as scum. RCE has seen my scumgame at it's peak recently in Fogport. There is absolutely no paranoia on me, but rather a shitty empty read on me based on 3p hunting I did on like page 4. This is the most obvious attempt to buddy me ever, and it's based on the weakest reasons imaginable. Sure, town buddies too, but the specific place where RCE is at wrt to reading me? This just isn't how town him would react to me.
In post 264, RCEnigma wrote:Mod is including a cult Q&A in the day 1 opening post.
I've checked every source I can find (signup thread, announcement, modposts) and I've found no references whatsoever to this. Unless I'm incompetent, RCE is working from more information than I have.
In post 549, RCEnigma wrote:Maybe we'll play mafia when the game starts.
You know how he did those things earlier that were all like, buddying me and digging at why wooper isn't cult, and slipping information that I don't see a reason for him to have?

Well... Those were pregame, so they don't count.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Aight. See y’all when it’s time to lynch someone
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2244, Nero Cain wrote:I still think that you thinking that me complaining about spam is scummy is really fake. Although Ali parroting that kinda make me wonder if Ali is the scum between you two and I'm just wrong here.
In post 2231, Bingle wrote:First of all, after seeing Gamma question the conftown status of Ali in the game where Ali was the confirmed town treestump, I don't think this kind of thing is AI at all.
??? I'm not really seeing what one has to do with the other.
Second of all, this kind of thing is exactly the sort of easy push that you can hide behind while not expecting it to go anywhere.
???? Gamma has said himself that he understood why I was calling him scum. Why is it so hard for you to understand?
Obvious gaffes like reaction testing the person who has been conftown for 500 pages and not connecting wooper/whopper (when wooper was referred to as whopper in that game) seem p similar to me, and thus a poor basis for a read in general. Gamma is certainly capable of making that goof .

Gamma asserting that you always scumread him doesn't really negate the issue of "Going after Gamma is the easy road and that strikes me as scummy". I really do think you're overestimating the strength of my read on you though. I'm actually thinking that you fighting me this hard on what was clearly not my strongest read doesn't really fit with the thought that you're low efforting as scum here though, and I do get similar vibes wrt AlivYou as what I read from Stellaris, so... Maybe we should disengage and come back to this with fresh eyes?

If nothing else I don't support your lynch atm.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”