Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1613, Flubbernugget wrote:Yeah I'm deff seeing in Aaron what Luca was seeing now
i actually don't see what luca is seeing in the past couple of pages, can you elaborate please?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1614, Xayah wrote:I don't feel nearly as confident in a nom wagon than I do a Flub wagon considering if Frost flips scum that kinda clears nom. I don't think his play has improved that much today. Flub's posting hasn't really pulled me in any certain direction. I suppose I don't mind the wagon, but I'm not gonna add to it at the moment. I wanna talk about fetch considering he was one of my early trs.

this is also p awful
are you like scumreading frost rn?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1622, Sujimichi wrote:VOTE: AaronFrost
why'd you pick aaron over nom?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1628, Sirfetchd wrote:I still reckon the Billy flip means nothing for reads on Xayah fwiw.
@suji: same diff.
how so?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 1648, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1587, Luca Blight wrote:So basically you were only going to take Rb’s reads into account if they were convenient for you, otherwise they’re irrelevant.
i think this is a remarkably uncharitable way to understand aaron's post, i don't think this is what he was saying at all

pedit no. weren't you on the nom wagon? plz get back on it, ty
We still got 6 days left, why do you mind about it?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i *think* you're asking me why i'm objecting to your vote?

i think ss is prob town and there's like 4 people i'd rather wagon before him
Show
Hiatus once more.

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Kerset »

Nope. I wonder why do you need luca on established wagon, rather then letting him push more people for info.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

sorry, i'm not sure i understand what you're asking then
Show
Hiatus once more.

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 1648, skitter30 wrote:pedit no. weren't you on the nom wagon? plz get back on it, ty
Why did you ask Luca to get back on nom wagon.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by skitter30 »

... i was talking to you

i thought you were on the nom and switching to ss, so i was telling you to get back on
Show
Hiatus once more.

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by Kerset »

Och ok. Well i would join noms wagon but i don't believe that pushing her further will develop anything new. Also i wouldn't vote her just for sake of lynch, when xaya and PMyst are still about to catch up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1647, Kerset wrote:At the end of D1 the only thing that he talked about was Billy.
This is the only thing anyone wanted to ask me about.

I was the first person to actually case Billy (iirc). Why would I do that and then drop off just when the wagon started to get serious?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by TheWizard »

nomnomnom (4):
AaronFrost, skitter30, Wooper, Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget (3):
Sirfetchd, nomnomnom, Luca Blight
AaronFrost (2):
Something_Smart, Sujimichi
Something_Smart (1):
Kerset

Not Voting (2):
Xayah, PMysterious

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-16 06:43:00)
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:33 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 1661, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1647, Kerset wrote:At the end of D1 the only thing that he talked about was Billy.

I was the first person to actually case Billy (iirc). Why would I do that and then drop off just when the wagon started to get serious?
This would be like classic scum distancing - generate a read which seems unaligned but get off when there's a chance of the lynch actually going through

I don't really scumread you ftr this just had me a bit ??
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Haven’t had time to check back yet, but I thought you were just the first to vote Billy even though you didn’t scumread him? I was the one who cased/pushed Billy and I believe you became more interested as a result of that.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:05 am

Post by Sirfetchd »

This post is mostly ignorable. It's where I go I'm too lazy to make a word doc or actually write down my thoughts before I forget them and more if this game slips away from my brain.

Ok imma do a thought dump bc I am getting no where with motivation to read people and I pump time in. May just be the weekend or housework or whatever but eh, need an injection of something.

Billy flipped scum, cool, relationals tell us jack shit because of the way the wagoned formed and went through. Tipping point vote was skitter, Xayah was the compromise until then. So skit is like 80% town as much as I hate this posting style from her.

Everyone else is still up in the air because of virtue of weak slot compromise lynch. I tinfoil hat theory see Billy, Xayah, skit scum team ngl. Because if that is the scum team that is some serious do what we can with shithouse cards.

Ok back on the actual shit we have. Still scumread Xayah. Have no read on half the playerlist which is eh. Townreads on a few slots so going to guess I personally need a lynch in my unsorted that revolves around someone I have read up on. I think given the successful day 1 lynch we can afford a policy-ish lynch or at least to promote certain play from some slots. Most of what makes me keen on flubb push. Would not object to pressure on PM/Suji/Kerset slots.

I think my main issue with the nom wagon is that it doesn't make a heap of sense for today. Like sure, I get there's a solid line where nom is relationally scummy, but it feels like if it right sweet that is awesome, but if it is wrong, there is a very real issue with stagnation and zero game solve comes out of it. I think there's no concrete relationals outside skit, so that means you gotta make some.

So yeah, I think we hit today like a day 1, but with a pseudo IC, and a townsided setup.

Alright, talked myself around. Happy with where I am, happy to wagon anyone on my I haven't read list.

tl;dr
nom is day 3/4 lynch, swing around votes and get multiple wagons going throughout the day bc I said so bc I am lazy.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1587, Luca Blight wrote:So basically you were only going to take Rb’s reads into account if they were convenient for you, otherwise they’re irrelevant.
i think this is a remarkably uncharitable way to understand aaron's post, i don't think this is what he was saying at all

I know it wasn’t what he said, as I explained already - but it was his mindset based on his progression. Frost was supposedly interested in rb’s reads until it turned out he was townreading Nom, at which point Frost disregarded them.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:49 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Fetchd’s performance in this game reminds me of many games I’ve seen where a scum player does just enough to make himself townier than a pile of low activity posters to get the benefit of the doubt and ultimately win the game. I don’t want to lynch him today as he’s obviously a strong pr but I just wanted to put this on the record. Nothing about his actual play is making me think he is Town, only process of elimination is in his favour given the number of scumreads I currently have (which goes back to my original point).
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:05 am

Post by Luca Blight »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Nom

Out of my three main scumreads, you’re the one I’m expecting the most from and I’m not getting it atm.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:16 am

In post 1663, Wooper wrote:This would be like classic scum distancing - generate a read which seems unaligned but get off when there's a chance of the lynch actually going through
That's not classic scum distancing, that's stupid scum distancing... when I bus, I commit to it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:18 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1666, Luca Blight wrote:

I know it wasn’t what he said, as I explained already - but it was his mindset based on his progression. Frost was supposedly interested in rb’s reads until it turned out he was townreading Nom, at which point Frost disregarded them.
I only disregarded that possibility when Flubb pointed out that rb was high up on the draft list, then it clicked that that why probably why rb was killed. It had nothing to do with rb's reads being convenient for me or not.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:25 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1665, Sirfetchd wrote:I think my main issue with the nom wagon is that it doesn't make a heap of sense for today. Like sure, I get there's a solid line where nom is relationally scummy, but it feels like if it right sweet that is awesome, but if it is wrong, there is a very real issue with stagnation and zero game solve comes out of it. I think there's no concrete relationals outside skit, so that means you gotta make some.

tl;dr
nom is day 3/4 lynch, swing around votes and get multiple wagons going throughout the day bc I said so bc I am lazy.
This is bad reason for not lynching nom today. First of all, I can't even wrap my head around the fact that you wouldn't be willing to lynch somebody you find scummy. Second, that last statement is objectively false since nom's been pushed pretty aggressively today and if she flips town, then either the ones pushing her, or the ones who hopped on when the wagon got going are good lynch candidates for Day 3. I could see that logic being true if we had lynched town yesterday, but we didn't.

Who would you suggest lynching?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:34 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1668, Luca Blight wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Nom

Out of my three main scumreads, you’re the one I’m expecting the most from and I’m not getting it atm.
I guess when I flip you'll understand that someone's activity has nothing to do with their alignment.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Kerset »

To gain town points for worst case scenario but not hurting partner too much.
I am more interested why did you vote aaron?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:26 am

Return to “Completed Open Games”