Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:30 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1684, Gentleman 4 wrote:@Gentleman 3 walk me through the history of your read on Lady 5. What posts made you change your read on her (if any)?
Can't point to any in particular. It's always been pretty holistic. And it really hasn't changed that much, either.

She's always had a posting style that is similar to what I call "classical obvtown," which is a perfectly reactive, perfectly spontaneous playstyle that very few people are capable of imitating convincingly as scum. (I could probably count the ones I've witnessed on one hand.)

Pretty much all my reading of her has been comparing her against that baseline, to see how closely she aligns with it. She is neither perfectly reactive, nor perfectly spontaneous, but I initially thought that what she was doing was very genuine, though that has dropped off somewhat, and paranoia that she (mis)identified me as a powertown and sought to pocket me has increased. (I still don't think her locktown read on me is justified. I think it never will be. There's a non-negligible chance I could have played exactly the way I am playing as scum.)

She was a strong townread, and now she's a weaker townread, but still a townread. However I think I'm warming up to L6, and several other people I trust have called L6 town, and so I think L6 is a smarter pairing for me. It's not as though L5's townread on me will go away if we don't pair-- although it is overconfident, it's still correct, and if she flips town people are still justified in believing it to a certain extent.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1698, Gentleman 4 wrote:@Gentleman 3 (the Lady 9 quote was for context) - were you disappointed when Lady 9 accepted?
No.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:42 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1708, Lady 7 wrote:My problem with this is that of the peel who did not have requests on the table, you were the towniest of them. The only others were the mostly absent g7, g1 and the wholly absent g8. If your strategy for end game was so important to you, and I at the time was your strongest townread, or a strong townread, how come that was not something you were vocal about in the earlier pairings? (If you were point them out because I don’t remember). Did you have strong townreads on the remaining gents? If not, why didn’t you consider that oh I’m leaving a strong town read of mine who I think should be at end game for possible scum?
That's a good question.

To be perfectly honest I don't know the answer for sure. But I think I do, and it's this: Nobody ever listens to me.

I'm pretty confident that if I had tried to weigh in on who should pair with whom in the earlier game, unless I was specifically asked, everyone would have ignored me. And honestly, my evidence for that lies in the way I was treated for trying to discuss longterm plans-- people ranged from dismissing me to outright scumreading me for doing it. If I tried to play matchmaker I'd be giving those same types of justifications and you can bet your boots that somebody would go "oh G3 is trying to pair his scumbuddies with strong townies, better not listen to him."

So my focus this game was on, and always has been on, the one thing I can control. That optimal? Surely not. But I'm a low charisma player, and I live with it.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:45 am

Post by Lady 6 »

Well, you can always come and talk to me....after this weekend. I'm on auto accept all proposals. Deadline is coming up real soon, otherwise I wouldn't rush it.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1802, Gentleman 6 wrote:You live in Great Britain, correct?
STOP.

Jesus.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:48 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1827, Gentleman 6 wrote:L4, if I leave the dance (proof that I'm town) can you leave the dance after?
No no no no no.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:54 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1907, Gentleman 6 wrote:Note that G5 is now calling me scum to discredit my push on him since simply calling my scumpartner scum did nothing to deter said push on him.
Lmaooo
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:01 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 2124, Lady 5 wrote:Are you Alchemist?
STOP
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:04 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 2187, Gentleman 4 wrote:Most of it barely pertains to you or your choice anyways.
After having read all of it, this is like, really wrong...
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 2198, Lady 5 wrote:Because of the interaction between Lady 6 and Lady 1.
It is a similar interaction between Gent 5 and Gent 6 which could cost Town the game especially if they are all stubborn enough to Thunder dome themselves.
Okay so I finally got here with context, and the L1/L6 interaction really didn't seem more than a mutual suspicion, and those get reversed all the time. Doesn't seem like any thunderdoming will go on between them, at least not from L6's side, so I don't see why this should dissuade me from L6. (L1 seems a bit more hotheaded, but I wasn't gonna pair with her anyway.)
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:09 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Okay I'm back at the present.

All things considered I think this has the best chance of setting us up for success.

Lady 6, let's tango.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:13 am

Post by Lady 6 »

I already have auto accept on, but for the record, I merrily accept.

Maybe after the tango, we can waltz.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 2285, Gentleman 3 wrote:Okay I'm back at the present.

All things considered I think this has the best chance of setting us up for success.

Lady 6, let's tango.
I think there’s a chance that you are dancing with scum but ok.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Of course there is. it would be impossible for there not to be.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Lady 5 »

There should be a town tower man.
So scum is unable to win.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I really hope Gent 1 picks me but I don’t think they will sadly. :(
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Lady 1 »

Lady 6, let's tango.
Why L6 over L2?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:22 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 2291, Lady 1 wrote:

Lady 6, let's tango.
Why L6 over L2?
Because I think he still liked L6 from before.
Like he interacted with her before you came and he was debating about her.

Also if I don’t make it to dance I refuse to count this as a game I participated in because if I stayed around to watch this I might end up using Outside Communication and I’d rather avoid that.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I like both of them about equally, but several people I trust, notably G6, have said that L6 is town. And I also think that L6 and I will have an easier time reading each other than L2 and I would have.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 2292, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 2291, Lady 1 wrote:

Lady 6, let's tango.
Why L6 over L2?
Because I think he still liked L6 from before.
Like he interacted with her before you came and he was debating about her.

Also if I don’t make it to dance I refuse to count this as a game I participated in because if I stayed around to watch this I might end up using Outside Communication and I’d rather avoid that.
Good thing no one will actually know who you are as this is an alt game. You only reveal yourself if you want.
Side Note: I don’t know how anyone thinks this is scum.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Lady 1 »

It seems like L2 and G1 were a match made in heaven.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1732, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1730, Lady 3 wrote:I scumread you

Who's scum?
At this point it is quite clear I haven’t been paying much attention so responding to that question would be like responding to the question “What are you eating for dinner tomorrow?”
So while I can’t tell you were scum is I can tell you I’m still 100% confident that Gentleman 3 is Town.
If you're town, you're not doing that good of a job.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:09 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1735, Gentleman 5 wrote:Lady 5 is AtE’ing all over the place.

This slot is fucked.
Honestly, I've seen it not really AI when there's a bunch of AtE but it just ruins gamestate.
In post 1744, Lady 5 wrote: Well I think the one with the greatest chance to be scum is Lady 8.
Although I don’t entirely remember the reasoning behind it, they did ping me somewhere.
Are you throwing? Stop please. You can probably survive if you obv-town more than L1.
In post 1755, Gentleman 6 wrote:I think that scum are trying to reposition my slot as a SvT pair to discredit my reads and keep me from being an endgame slot so that whatever scum's top performer can take the endgame slot instead.
I have very little to say to you right now G5 besides that I don't think that L8 is scum and I don't trust the sudden turn against them that I already expected to happen if they were town.
Did I mention how town you are?

gives me good town vibes on L2.
In post 1820, Gentleman 5 wrote:Regardless its starting to make sense why hes been ignoring me.

I could go into detail why, but its clear he has an ace in his sleeve apparently
(or hes scum with L8).

A L5 scumflip goes a LONG way to supporting him, but Im willing to let it go for now.
This post is really bad. I would say anyone pushing G6 is scum. If you want to push a slot, then push me.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1822, Gentleman 6 wrote:You're not letting jack shit go: I am not letting you survive to the end of the first dance.
In post 1823, Gentleman 6 wrote:L4, if I leave the dance (proof that I'm town) can you leave the dance after?
This is so obv-town.

Also,
In post 1969, Gentleman 5 wrote:I assume that L5 and L1 will be left, pending insanity. G3 may surprise me and take L5 idk. Imma list my plans for when we get to the dance.

L5 gets left out:

FLIPS SCUM - Go after G3.
FLIPS TOWN - Go after L8, look at the L3/G4 pair, keep an eye out on G8.

Anything else:

Wait and see L4’s play, what G8 does, and what G6 plans on doing, and play accordingly.
This looks like scum setting up lynches. Which is not town indicative.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

This is going to drag G6 back here and for that Im sorry.

But does anyone else get a chill down their spine from when L8 talks about G6.

Im not a fan

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”