Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:43 am

Post by Elbirn »

Hold off on the hammer, I want information. Lot of time left this phase.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:46 am

Post by profii »

I'm not silly
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:28 am

Post by Montosh »

VC 1.9
Looker (5):
Wake88, alimdia, UltimatePlank, Elbirn, Elements
(L-1)

UltimatePlank (3):
profii, Saladman27, Looker
Wake88 (2):
Saudade, Vorkuta
Saladman27 (1):
Zote the Mighty

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2019-11-18 03:00:00)

Mod Notes:

Saladman27 is V/LA until 11/14
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:20 am

Post by Saudade »

Looker its your time to shine baby
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:35 am

Post by Looker »

In post 484, profii wrote:
In post 482, Wake1 wrote:
Looker
, I would ask you to please claim.

No quick-lynching, the rest of you. I want this information.
so you can declare yourself as a quick-hammer'er but when you are on the wagon we have to wait until you are satisfied?

I am not going to quick hammer but this double standard is outrageous
But is hypocrisy scummy?
In post 485, profii wrote:
In post 389, Saladman27 wrote:
In post 387, UltimatePlank wrote:I'm a big fan of pressuring this slot actually

VOTE: Looker
Why do you keep on sheeping others without any good reason? Why not even regurgitate the other wagoneers’ reasoning?
Looker - if I said Salad looks like he is trying to discourage people from voting you by belittling their reasoning here what would you say ?
Two things:
  • I agree that demanding justification for votes promotes accountability and makes future scumhunting easier - it makes it easier to point out inconsistencies in certain player relationships
  • I also think it could be low-risk daytalk to a partner who's jumping around too obviously
In post 487, alimdia wrote:No you had 0 mention of wake, and then suddenly you assume wake is town. 0 analysis in between. You didn't express any reads in between.
Are you expecting reads to be given out pre-Day 1? Where do you think they come from? They're derived in-game from interactions, so I don't see why you'd expect them to be telegraphed in RVS
In post 487, alimdia wrote:You still haven't investigated the people on the wake wagon, conveniently ignores my post 443 where I help dissect the wake wagon and how Looker has almost 0 scum reads on the 5 people on wake's wagon.

Hm... "Are quicklynches important to you?" Where did that question come from? I was saying your vote is useless on Elements because nobody was gonna wagon him at the time. Your vote is very important for analysis later. The fact that you parked it on someone to 'waste your vote' was highly suspicious when combined with the rest of my case- that was what I was saying
  • Define "investigate"
  • You didn't help me dissect anything. If anything, you're making it difficult by pushing for a hammer before everyone can chime in.
  • You saying my vote was useless is opinion. I stand behind every vote I make.
In post 487, alimdia wrote:
In post 483, Looker wrote:
  • So you agree with me that the Wake wagon was suspicious? But fault me for finding it suspicious?
You've just said it was suspicious with a sudden blindsided town read on wake when you previously had nothing on Wake. Where are your actions to support your words?
If someone does something scummy and you find it scummy, is that a sudden blindsided scum read?
In post 487, alimdia wrote:
In post 472, alimdia wrote:I think while finding connections is crucial in this game in terms of looking for scum partnering possibilities, we shouldn't have 2 seperate wagons.
I need to read Plank later
to see what you are saying, but for now if you think Looker is scum, you should be on the Looker wagon.
This is the same phrasing I used when referring to Wake. Why did you find it scummy?
I didn't have a sudden town or scum read on Plank with nothing in between a few posts later? Whereas you did.
So deduction is scummy?
In post 487, alimdia wrote:Its Tuesday now. You need 3 days to make a claim?
Looker basically didn't defend the meat of the case at all other than 'flimsy reasoning' and 'unsubstantiated'. Someone else has to see this right?
Someone that has a similar viewpoint state an intent to hammer and force a claim immediately please.
I need 3 days for every player to be available to provide input and vote. I really don't get your case. You say I'm scum for finding Wake's wagon suspicious, but you weren't on it either. I legit thought this was you being upset over the trash comment.
In post 492, Elements wrote:
In post 467, Elbirn wrote:2. Why do you instead continue to have a bizarre fixation on Elements instead? If there was a time to move on over to bigger and better things it's with this post, but instead you posture about how you're going to move and continue to vote park someone who at the time wasn't even here.
"Continue" and "bizarre" (and "fixation") are exaggerative. "Bigger" and "better" are also subjective. Day 1's not over, input is required from everyone, and it worked - Elements returned and contributed as opposed to his previous lackluster posts.
I'm sorry, but it reads here like you're saying my return from V/LA had something to do with your vote on me? What planet could you be on to possibly think that? I do not believe for a second you genuinely think that your single vote on me changed my activity level or was likely to in the slightest. You just didn't want to vote plank and had to come up with some excuse.

Just hammer this wake idc for a claim at this point.
  • I don't like moving forward until everyone's provided input; it makes D2 more D2 than D1
  • I'm positive we're on the same planet
  • Regardless of whether it influenced your activity level, I wasn't going to let slide the fact that you hadn't contributed and chose to highlight it
  • Why wouldn't I want to vote Plank?
In post 497, profii wrote:I'll not be hammering. I want Looker and Salad to come back at least before I go anywhere near it
Salad won't be back until Thursday
In post 498, Elbirn wrote:Looker, both alimdia and I asked you essentially the same question and you took the time to make an entire wall of text without addressing either of us about it. You even took the time to *remove* my question from your quote wall while you responded to my point #2, so it's not like you didnt see it.

My vote stays until i have an answer. Stop dodging the subject.
  • I don't care about your vote
  • I can't answer a problem in the middle of solving it - I wanted Salad's assessment of me being at L-1 and his response

I'm not moving my vote, I'm secure in it, and I'd like to see what Saladman does with his when he sees that I'm at L-1
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:47 am

Post by profii »

Very diplomatic
Zote the Mighty
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Zote the Mighty »

In post 468, alimdia wrote:I've already addressed this in . Are you intentionally not reading to throw sand at me?
I did not see that post. Disregard that.
Know this cur! I am Zote the Mighty, a knight of great renown! Cross me, and you will find out why they call my weapon Life Ender!
Zote the Mighty
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:45 am

In post 469, alimdia wrote:
In post 454, Zote the Mighty wrote:
Do you not agree that Salad was being a bit too cautious when announcing intent to put Wake at L-1?

As for Plank, some of his reactions have been pinging me. In particular I did not like his hop on the Looker wagon. is a sketchy post as well and it feels like a jump reaction to someone questioning the Looker wagon. Sort of like a 'why would you not vote for this person?' kind of reaction.

Do you expect me to have full cases on people when we're still early in Day 1 and little has been established? I find it troubling that you are so confident in your reads.
Yes he was a bit too cautious, but that could have been a mariad of reasons - e.g. town afraid of someone quickhammering, or scum trying to not look opportunistic are the top 2 that come to my mind.

I don't need you to have a full case. Just more than what you had for Salad, where you went from "Salad is lynchbait" to "Vote Salad because of L-1 thing"

Regarding your comments about Plank, those comments would have been good ... when you made the accusation of Plank being scummy, instead of only now, you know what I mean?
You don't think there was a reason I withheld my reasons for finding Plank scummy, cur? I wanted to see if Plank would continue his pattern of suspicious behavior and if you lay out the reasons that you find that person suspicious, then they're more likely to intentionally change their behavior which doesn't help me get solid reads.
Know this cur! I am Zote the Mighty, a knight of great renown! Cross me, and you will find out why they call my weapon Life Ender!
Zote the Mighty
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:54 am

In post 450, Zote the Mighty wrote:I assume you're referring to me questioning your vote on Elements, to which I'd reply that I don't understand where it comes from. Why did you vote someone who has been V/LA most of the day?
Because the day's not over and input's preferred from everyone.
This is bad. I'm assuming you were aware that Elements was on V/LA and given that his V/LA was scheduled to be over long before our deadline is reached, I don't understand why you were so concerned about this.
Zote the Mighty
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:55 am

In post 493, Wake1 wrote:I'm already voting him.

I want a claim. Some sort of information.

I don't like that he's delaying it until Friday.

Someone post intent to hammer so he will claim.
We still have 5 days before the deadline cur. Why are you in a rush to have him claim?
Zote the Mighty
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:03 am

I am starting to see the case against Looker, but I'm not 100% confident that they'll flip scum. I still find it unsettling how confident alimdia is in his read and if Looker is lynched and does flip green, that's one suspect for tomorrow.

Also don't care for Elements's or Plank's votes on Looker either.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Elements »

In post 510, Zote the Mighty wrote:Also don't care for Elements's or Plank's votes on Looker either.
What do you not like about mine?
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:31 am

Post by profii »

In post 510, Zote the Mighty wrote:I am starting to see the case against Looker, but I'm not 100% confident that they'll flip scum. I still find it unsettling how confident alimdia is in his read and if Looker is lynched and does flip green, that's one suspect for tomorrow.

Do you really think that if looker flips green that makes alimdia scummy ?

I mean the guys signature says 100% town win rate and it looks like he completed 1 game - he is just super cock sure
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Saudade »

I think someone on that wagon should unvote :)
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Looker, despite your uhh standoffish nature I can read between the lines and see where your head is at. That being said I don't agree with sitting on our hands for days at a time while you wait, for the second time this phase, for someone to come back from VLA before you play. California is on fire. Like, all of it. All the time. Saladman isn't coming back any time soon.

Why do you pick Plank over Saladman in this scenario? From where I'm sitting it seems odd that you're so confident in your plank read, and your stated reasoning is that he...sheeps wagons.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 513, Saudade wrote:I think someone on that wagon should unvote :)
UNVOTE:
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by alimdia »

At this point Looker's wall of posts, the contents in there towards me are just 90% saying 'nothing' and straight up misdirection

A prime example is...
In post 504, Looker wrote:
In post 487, alimdia wrote:No you had 0 mention of wake, and then suddenly you assume wake is town. 0 analysis in between. You didn't express any reads in between.
Are you expecting reads to be given out pre-Day 1? Where do you think they come from? They're derived in-game from interactions, so I don't see why you'd expect them to be telegraphed in RVS
Except your post 334, 393, 403 are not pre-Day 1 anymore. Its after a crapload of stuff has happened
In post 438, alimdia wrote:
In post 435, Looker wrote:
In post 405, profii wrote:Lack of protest of the wake wagon falling down is noted. Any thoughts from anyone?
I feel it was opportunistic scum, honestly. When people don't have to give reasoning, anybody can jump on a wagon.
Your said that you haven't read wake yet.
Your and also don't mention wake.

Your next post, which is the post I am quoting, suddenly straight up slips that wake is town. Hmm? Where did that sudden town read come from? I think it's definitely a slip :shifty:

If we assume that's an accident.... who is the opportunistic scum on the wagon? Why is your vote on Elements, who needed to be prodded by the mod and thus actually hasn't posted in a while.
In post 504, Looker wrote: I really don't get your case. You say I'm scum for finding Wake's wagon suspicious, but you weren't on it either. I legit thought this was you being upset over the trash comment.
You're scum for straight up saying wake is town with 0 prior mentions of wake and also still not analysing the wagon?
Also I already disproven by my posts earlier: "being upset over the trash comment"

Scum doesn't act scummy on purpose. In fact they try their best to not look scummy.
What I look for are what they don't do, contradictions and posts that imply prior knowledge.
You:
1) didnt investigate wake wagon still. Its been a couple days. Every time we talk about it, you talk about me, answer other stuff, instead of analyzing the wake wagon.
2) You imply prior knowledge of wake being town when you had 0 mentions about wake before. Yes I expect reads to be given out before you make a statement that implies you 'know' they are town.

I'm probably done responding to Looker's walls unless theres anything new there. So far its more of the same.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 513, Saudade wrote:I think someone on that wagon should unvote :)
Why?
In post 512, profii wrote:
In post 510, Zote the Mighty wrote:I am starting to see the case against Looker, but I'm not 100% confident that they'll flip scum. I still find it unsettling how confident alimdia is in his read and if Looker is lynched and does flip green, that's one suspect for tomorrow.

I mean the guys signature says 100% town win rate and it looks like he completed 1 game - he is just super cock sure
Are you thinking what I'm thinking profii? About Zote.
Wbu saudade?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by alimdia »

about Zote's comment*
Zote the Mighty
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:36 pm

In post 512, profii wrote:

Potentially, mostly because I don't find the case against Looker very compelling.

I'd look into Plank and Elements too upon a town!Looker flip.
Zote the Mighty
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Zote the Mighty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:37 pm

In post 511, Elements wrote:
In post 510, Zote the Mighty wrote:Also don't care for Elements's or Plank's votes on Looker either.
What do you not like about mine?
Your vote felt like OMGUS and had very little weight to it.
UltimatePlank
UltimatePlank
Goon
UltimatePlank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by UltimatePlank »

wow typing with capital letters so much effort imo

VOTE: Elements

new and exciting direction for this game wow so exciting
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:08 am

Post by profii »

In post 517, alimdia wrote:Are you thinking what I'm thinking profii? About Zote.
Ive on idea ?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:09 am

Post by profii »

In post 521, UltimatePlank wrote:wow typing with capital letters so much effort imo

VOTE: Elements

new and exciting direction for this game wow so exciting
what made you lose interest in the looker lynch?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:59 am

Post by alimdia »

In post 522, profii wrote:
In post 517, alimdia wrote:Are you thinking what I'm thinking profii? About Zote.
Ive on idea ?
Hi-five?

Who do you wanna lynch?

Also saudade.... gonna need more from you mang

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”