Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:27 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Waking up to nothing from g8 is disappointing.

I know that people want lynches to be held accountable, but maybe we should discuss leaving strategies at least among the pairs that have suspicions rather than hope we get enough lynches.

My biggest concern though is the g3 and l9 pairing because they’re not going to leave.

I mean this game is probably a wash and a loss anyway, but it’d be nice if we could forceone scum pairing out at least.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:29 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3972, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 3965, Gentleman 7 wrote:The entire pre-dance phase, he's not angling to set himself up with a survivable partner, which I think is one of scum's main goals.
Uhh... I'm pretty sure I was more interested than anyone else in finding a survivable partner.
And this is what has garnered you suspicion so yeah this reasoning for this read makes no sense
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 am

Post by Lady 7 »

L9 why do you think g2 will give one direction. He’s not even bothering to read anything. He’s just Bernie.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:50 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Actual footage of g2 at a party.

Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Sorry was unexpectedly la yesterday. I’ll content in a bit.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Welcome back.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Soooo the game is pretty stagnant, we haven’t come to a decision for a lynch, and I do t think I’m in a town/town pair anyway. I’m seriously considering leaving tonight before I head to bed. That gives you guys 3 days and a couple flips to work with.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3952, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 3950, Gentleman 8 wrote:G3 talk to me about the why for 3880 when you get a chance.
What specifically about it?
You made a sweeping statement about every other pairing that virtually boils down to "I want to be the last one alive" with very little to support any of it.

Notably, your stances are:

G8/L5 is scummy because many reasons.
G2/L9 should be dead already.
G1/L2 is scummy.
G7/L7 should be the other F4.

Combine that with the awkward defense of you, from G7, and I want to know why you think things 1-3.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 3981, Lady 7 wrote:Soooo the game is pretty stagnant, we haven’t come to a decision for a lynch, and I do t think I’m in a town/town pair anyway. I’m seriously considering leaving tonight before I head to bed. That gives you guys 3 days and a couple flips to work with.
Don't, I will go instead.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 3978, Lady 7 wrote:Actual footage of g2 at a party.

Sorry, I'm the kinda guy who will try a few times to break into the conversation organically and then when that turns out to be unsuccessful I usually act out a bit because I'm a baby and need to control my emotions better then I calm down and make good faith efforts to build bridges with people or lean on someone as a crutch but after getting ignored enough times and literally seeing my posts disappear in an ever growing thread I lose interest and therefore desire to post its especially exasperating when your dance partner claims to be as unsure of everything going on as like the 3rd person to hold this slot which i find curious.

I know people think l9 could be scum, i dont think thats a bad read.

Knwoing that, where should I be looking for todays lynch?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:16 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Aight, Gentlamans first:

1: Seems to be more concerned with trying to find scum than trying to look town, which is a good thing. Not sure how I feel about the emphasis on traditional scumhunting over townblocking, but of the 5-ish recent posts I get townpings from 3842, 3961 and 3963.

2: IC

3: Seems very survivalistic and reason light. Probably the scummiest recent posting. The idea that he wouldn't understand what I wanted him to explain about the post that is "I want to lynch everyone but me for *reasons*" is also pretty :igmeou:

7: Defense of G3 is pretty awkward, or at least is painted as pretty awkward by L2, L7, G3. I should probably look into context around 3896. 3965 and the subsequent complete disagreement from G3 is interesting. The fact that he completely agrees with 3's mission statement in 3968 is
very
interesting.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Could no one leave for the next 12 hours while I get my feets underneath me? Please and thank you!
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:19 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 3983, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 3981, Lady 7 wrote:Soooo the game is pretty stagnant, we haven’t come to a decision for a lynch, and I do t think I’m in a town/town pair anyway. I’m seriously considering leaving tonight before I head to bed. That gives you guys 3 days and a couple flips to work with.
Don't, I will go instead.
I don't know for sure, I feel bad because what if I'm wrong and G1 is Town but honestly I do trust you L7 and I think G1 is more likely scum than G7. I would hate to be wrong though! I agree that the game seems like an uphill battle from here at best and it would feel really terrible to not even force out one scum but I do actually think G1 is more likely scum than G7.

Still want L9 gone. I guess if I'm wrong and G1 is Town then I don't even know, but certainly if he's scum that pair will have to go.

I hope you recover well from your cold.

Edit: I won't leave for the next 12 hours which I guess means I
will
leave tomorrow morning unless there's a very compelling reason not to do so. Sound good?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:30 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 3982, Gentleman 8 wrote:Notably, your stances are:

G8/L5 is scummy because many reasons.
G2/L9 should be dead already.
G1/L2 is scummy.
G7/L7 should be the other F4.

Combine that with the awkward defense of you, from G7, and I want to know why you think things 1-3.
Your slot was completely absent through almost the entire game and that makes it almost impossible to confidently read, even if you were to become active starting now. L5, meanwhile, had a whole pile of unsavory interactions which you should be able to ISO her and see.

L9 has done nothing to warrant being townread and despite this, she would have probably been the correct NK had she been town because of the risk of her becoming obvtown or townread by G2.

G1 was also absent and has been kinda unimpressive, plus he was G6's major scumread, which I don't want to disregard.

On a related note, the above explanations are not the primary reason I want my pair to survive. The primary reason is that G6 and L8 were both clearly strong players (stronger than me, likely), and I also townread them both, and they both were confident my pair was T/T. What I've given above are just auxiliary arguments, to supplement the main one.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:32 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 3985, Gentleman 8 wrote:The idea that he wouldn't understand what I wanted him to explain about the post that is "I want to lynch everyone but me for *reasons*" is also pretty :igmeou:
I mean I would think you would have realized that that post was a culmination of the feelings of a lot of people over the course of the game. I wouldn't just pull something out of my ass and present it like that.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Ladies:

L2: Major townvibes. Particularly 3966. If I pick an endgame pair right now, it's this one.

L5: Erratic posting in the PT aside, I think G1 summed up my worries here well in 3842. Basically, the PT reads almost exactly like the PT I had with scum in a previous dance game and I can't really say much more without outing myself, which I think is not kosher, even if it can't be proven? (Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't care if people know who I am.)

L6: Is a player in this game? Maybe?

L7: Townvibes, again. I don't feel any pocketing attempts towards me, and I left a giant hole open for someone to try to push me towards leaving which she addressed but then dropped.

L9: I feel like in a gamestate where everyone seems confused as fuck, L9 seems to be the one who knows the most. Not sure if that's an AI thing for her, but it is definitely eyebrow raising. I'd like a readslist from her, tbh, along with reasoning behind her PoE. Honestly not sure why she's catching flak for scumreading me if I'm a lurker slot and she does have reasoning for the PoE though.

Mathematically, I want to shoot for a doublescum rn if at all possible. L9 should be tabled until F4 or a significantly less confused gamestate, because that pair CAN'T be doublescum.

VOTE: G3

I'd probably also go in on a G7 lynch, but I feel like L7 is a better bet to keep around longer.

If someone could explain to me why the thread at large seems to thing G1/L5/L9 are all flavors of scummy I'd be appreciative.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3989, Gentleman 3 wrote:I mean I would think you would have realized that that post was a culmination of the feelings of a lot of people over the course of the game. I wouldn't just pull something out of my ass and present it like that.
3 days, 160 pages, multiple lynches to get to. You know what's happened, link me to important posts.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Specifically, G3, examples of:

L5 unsavory interactions. G1 being scummy. G6/L8 argument that you should endgame.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 3990, Gentleman 8 wrote:L5: Erratic posting in the PT aside, I think G1 summed up my worries here well in 3842. Basically, the PT reads almost exactly like the PT I had with scum in a previous dance game and I can't really say much more without outing myself, which I think is not kosher, even if it can't be proven? (Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't care if people know who I am.)
Okay on the one hand I guess that
is
valuable information, can you give some context? Because what we saw of previous L5 was really really erratic and disruptive, like so bad I knew it was futuile to engage her. I don't even think it was deliberate scum tactics per se, that's the difficult thng about it, but engaging with someone who clearly broke the rules and just continued on in the game was just something I didn't know how to handle from a read perspective to be honest. And previous!G8 was entirely absent. Can you tell us anything more specific (without quoting, obviously) about L5's behavior in the PT? Especially if you can give context about what former G8 said there when he was absent in the thread it could be useful. I don't want to have blinders on completely about G1 or L9 ... it's difficult here. I haven't really thought I'm in a T-T pair for a while now at least but I could be conf!paranoia-ing there as well, the way I think L7 might feel with regard to G7.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Our PT boils down to 3 posts that look solvey, 1 post complaining about how /my slot/ isn't here to help. There actually is a bit of "I wish you were here so I could read you!" and some "If you're mafia I'll figure you out because I am teh best!" (I said there wasn't to see who jumped on that, and those are obviously not direct quotes but the gist I got).

In the situation I was referring to, I lurked through most of the game and my partner was constantly complaining that I needed to be more active ITT so people would stop scumreading me.

Previous me has exactly 2 posts in the PT, both of which are role-play-y posts about how he's not caught up and he'll fix that. It's honestly kinda sad, because the roleplay aspect of his posts is kinda fun and I'd like to see more of it.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Lady 2 »

Hm. Did she seem annoyed that people were scumreading your slot or just general "you aren't around" complaining?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Spoiler: L5
In post 1542, Lady 5 wrote:If anything I’m Null.
If I’m scummy, explain why.
In post 1545, Lady 5 wrote:If I was scum I would have instantly accepted Gent 5’s proposal. Did you think of that?
In post 1554, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1551, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1539, Gentleman 3 wrote:You aren't townread enough for me/you to work out. I think it's pretty clear.
“Hey I need someone thats going to live, sorry toots.”

This does not come from a town perspective.
Oh fuck off, he’s just trying to make sure Town isn’t going to miss Lynch him tomorrow and you even said they would if I became partners with him. Stop shading this.

SEE. This is why I couldn’t trust you enough to be your partner.
Funny enough I also don’t trust Lady 4 so you two make a great pair in that sense.
In post 1560, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1432, Gentleman 5 wrote:Good morning.

I am assuming either some of yall are overseas or dont sleep because wtf.

Anyways I skimmed through the new stuff and idk if making comments on any of it matters. Im not sure why G3 is stalling his proposal when hes the last active gentleman in the game, idk why hes crying about people telling him who to pair up (if he pairs with L5, hes getting speedlynched tomorrow). Idk why L7 is even posting? Some good tidbits from G6. Im fine with L3 going vla for the rest of predance as long as G4 is ok with that and she still answers questions directed to her. Also glad to see L6 turning it around for some people atleast.

G3 needs to make a proposal today. At this point we are all just standing around waiting for replacements so lets get something done today
First of all you keep trying to call him scum and I’m confused as to why.
In post 1432, Gentleman 5 wrote:Good morning.

I am assuming either some of yall are overseas or dont sleep because wtf.

Anyways I skimmed through the new stuff and idk if making comments on any of it matters. Im not sure why G3 is stalling his proposal when hes the last active gentleman in the game, idk why hes crying about people telling him who to pair up (if he pairs with L5, hes getting speedlynched tomorrow). Idk why L7 is even posting? Some good tidbits from G6. Im fine with L3 going vla for the rest of predance as long as G4 is ok with that and she still answers questions directed to her. Also glad to see L6 turning it around for some people atleast.

G3 needs to make a proposal today. At this point we are all just standing around waiting for replacements so lets get something done today
Here you said We’d be a speed lynched pair yet you question his decision.

You just scum slipped I think buddy, have fun.
In post 1578, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1572, Gentleman 5 wrote:L5 didnt read my recent posts from yesterday obviously.

G3-L5 is the worse option for him, L2, 6, and 7 need to be paired first.

I dont control the town, I just know im going to leave my vote on G3-L5 tomorrow if that happens.
You think I can’t solve?
You think I’m playing bad?
Dang man if this slot is getting this much shade I may just replace out so you don’t view me as some sort of easy miss lynch.
I think the only reason you all don’t like me is because my lack of responses and content.
Yet I did say I would be busy.
In post 1593, Lady 5 wrote:
@Mod

Is it possible to replace Out and grab someone to replace in?

That way no one will know I replaced out, and I’ll find someone who’s so good you wouldn’t even notice the replace out but they play better.

Also someone who keeps the PFP and Town reads Gent 3.
In post 1731, Lady 5 wrote:Sorry I’m playing like trash RN lol.
I’d vote myself out too.
When I first started I wasn’t that bad and anyone scumming me at that point I question.
The in the middle of it I was so busy and lazy that even Gent 5 and Lady 4 shaded me hard.
And my recent actions where I wine like a little bitch because I played like garbage makes me question my own sanity.
Hopefully I can get a second chance or at the least my lad if she replaces in.
I’ll try to contribute the best I can (but I am multiballing hard RN)
If she dose accept to replace me I’ll do it in an instant and you’ll never even know it’s her playing and not me. :p.
In post 1748, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1746, Gentleman 6 wrote:I hate the way that Lady 5 is playing regardless of their alignment.
Yeah me too!
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

G1 isn't scummy, just not towny. I can't link that.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3998 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Spoiler: G6 on my pair
In post 3106, Gentleman 6 wrote:G3 L6 isn't scum m8s
In post 3164, Gentleman 6 wrote:Liek I think that

G3/L6
and G8/L5

are probably better endgame contenders than G4/L3 for example.

Like G3/L6 is unironically a slot that should be in endgame, G4/L3 should not be anywhere near endgame, I'd prefer G8/L5 not make it but I don't think that they're scum either.
In post 3179, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 3175, Gentleman 4 wrote:No, there isn't. The whole point of informed minority vs uninformed majority is that 1 to 1 trades are good for the majority. Funny, chess applies to more than just chess.
That's not how this game works.
fF you have a known TvT pair.
AKA, G3/L6

And you have two pairs with 1 known town in them, the game is over.

T-T
TvS(at worst)
TvS(at worst)

You can lynch every other pairing in any order and then kill the two pairings that are at worst TvS and then the game is over.
In post 3218, Gentleman 6 wrote:Let's see

G6/L8 is an endgame TvS at worst pairing
G2/L9 is an endgame TvS at worst pairing
G3/L6 is an endgame TvT pairing
G7/L7 is an endgame TvT pairing

What's left?

L4/G5
G1/L2
G4/L3
G8/L5
In post 3277, Gentleman 6 wrote:I think G3/L6 is likely the Moment/TheBrie of this game where the constituent players are lynchbaity and not strong performers so even though they're obvtown and are paired by some random buff handsome stranger together people will refuse to take them seriously as an endgame TvT pair.
In post 3285, Gentleman 6 wrote:If my pairing dies over intermission, my dying wish is that you guys treat G3/L6 pairing as conftown.
In post 3293, Gentleman 6 wrote:More sure on G3 town than G1 scum. But G1 should be scum.
In post 3380, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 3379, Lady 8 wrote:G3/L6 should not be lynched
In post 3415, Gentleman 6 wrote:Here's where I'm at.

I know for sure that G3/L6 is TvT.

I also have a pairing that I'm 90%+ sure is TvT, not my own.

If I die, I leave you G3/L6.
If I don't and something like L9/G2 dies, we can discuss as a group between the two locktown pairings.
If I don't and G3/L6 dies, we discuss between my other locktown pairing and me/L8.
In post 3657, Gentleman 6 wrote:I have already named the path to victory.

If I die, kill everyone besides L9/G2 and G3/L6 in any order then kill L9/G2.

If I don't die, I need to plan around when in that order I get rid of myself and L8 to confirm my reads as coming from town, so I'm not giving an immediate path.
This isn't complicated and you trying to portray me as undersharing my reads when I've literally given town enough to win on assuming we flip scum (we will) is amusing.
Just because in some lobbies you can shitcase me and people will vote me because I'm me doesn't mean that actually applies to this game.
best defense to this idea is that I took way too long to do anything here. If I were scum do you think I wait until the walls are closing in to start to make my move? No, I act when I see the signs, not just because it serves me better, but because I have more intel gathering potential with my two scumbuddies. Another thing is if I was scum why do I devote myself to catching up in the way I have? As scum I would have avenues out of that problem and I could likely do it without anyone blinking at me doing it.
This is an empty statement.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3999 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Spoiler: L8 on my pair
In post 1679, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 1673, Lady 3 wrote:What assets do you bring to town in your opinion? Like self-evaluation
Probably better at late game. I'm really bad early game. I can't lead town so I think pairing with G6 was a good option.
In post 1676, Gentleman 4 wrote:Lady 8, what are your thoughts on Gentleman 3 (within what you're willing to share, of course) and who do you think would make a solid partner for him?
Early game I was town reading them for their strong town stance on G5 and me. They have similar reads to me so I tent to town-read those kinds of slots in the early game but there can be deep wolf potential in that slot. As for their partner...
In post 1471, Gentleman 4 wrote:
For reference, remaining Gentleman and Ladies:

Gentlemen 1, 3, 7, and 8
have no partners. Of these, only Gentleman 3 has posted in the last day and a half, and only Gentlemen 7 and 3 have posted in the last three days.

Ladies 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7
have no partners. Of these, all have posted in the last 24 hours, with the exception of Lady 1 who hasn't posted in four days.

If your name was listed here, I'm really interested to here your thoughts on prospective partners or if you've already explained that, why you've been pushing for said partner (with the exception of Gentleman 3). Gentlemen 3 seems to be a hot commodity for the Ladies, am I wrong?
I would say they should pair with L6 because that's a really strong town-slot.
In post 2306, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 2286, Lady 6 wrote:
I already have auto accept on, but for the record, I merrily accept.

Maybe after the tango, we can waltz.
G3-L6 is a really good pairing.
In post 3379, Lady 8 wrote:G3/L6 should not be lynched today.

L8 wasn't as strong on us at the end but she also trusted G6 to have good reads.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”