chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6525 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:46 am

Post by chkflip »

Updating my rule set re: multiposting.

This is not up for debate. There's no reason one cannot combine all those one-liner posts into one or two posts. It is neither helpful nor condusive to the gamestate to mass post. It clogs the thread and demotivates players from checking in only to find (myself included) they're dozens of pages behind. Allow other players to catch up and participate. This is a game-wide warning.

Thank you.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6526 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Menalque »

so what am i meant to do if I have a thought after posting? Why is multiposting worse for the gamestate than a 20 page back and forth (which, realistically, could happen between multiple players in this game and would be just as negative)?

I play a lot on my phone, and part of the reason I multipost is because I post as things come to mind. Thoughts don’t necessarily come to mind simultaneously, but in sequence, and trying to wait for those thoughts to crystallise so that they can be delivered as a block will lead to me sounding unnatural and make it harder for me to town tell, thereby actively working against my wincon regardless of what my alignment is

I’m trying to cut down on multiposting, but this feels to me like an attempt to force players to play the way you want them to, despite that not being made clear from the offset of the game.

If multiposting is now banned, okay, it is how it is. But I object to that change for the reasons outlined here
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6527 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 6525, chkflip wrote:This is not up for debate.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6528 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6526, Menalque wrote:But I object to that change for the reasons outlined here

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6529 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m sure it’s meant for like the legendary Page of Flavor or Creature early moreso than like posting two or three times in a row, which I’m sure is fine and not even really multiposting.

I disagree that there is no point for it, though, because scum and cult definitely can and should be able to use activity as a play. I’m not either of those, so I don’t need to, however, there actually WAS a valid reason for the Page of Flavor, which if you read it, you can clearly see it.

Also, by finishing the entire page, it actually inadvertently became less spammy because people can just skip the page, which was also used as a strategic move because I was attempting at pushing past BBmolla crumbs, so that is another reason.

I get it, most people can’t see those next level strats.

I was also setting up a UT reaction test with the Page of Flavor, which still works with me saying it. He knows he’s on the radar, but probably has a Cephir like attitude towards it, which works to my benefit tbh.

Like, I’m going to post 2-4 times in a row. I play completely mobile, and I like to quote things, and I have shit data, and I like to directly interact with people, sometimes multiple at a time. I separate those posts on purpose.

Obviously, I’m not going to do another Page of Flavor, that weakens the play.

Nero Cain pulled an epic play, what I call Alphabetting in one of my games, and like, obviously I gotta let that go through, but as soon as it looked like it was gonna start again, that’s when the line comes, which is essentially the mod doing it here too.

Leave them wanting more than saying they should have ended 2 seasons ago.

@Menalque - I’m not scum, if you’re not scum, you’re being obnoxious like me. I really really really don’t think Elements is scum. Like, I guess I could be wrong, but I’m defending this way too hard for you to actually think I’m scum here.

@RCEnigma - what are your thoughts on TSE, Miss, EP? They’re the New Age Flavor Squad right now, I knighted them with my frilly leaves.

@xoxelf - Hi.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6530 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6529, Flavor Leaf wrote:I really really really don’t think Elements is scum.
Neither do I, but it sucks not to be able to defend him or explain why! :(

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6531 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by KidAmn »

Mod: V/LA until the 26th
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6532 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 6530, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6529, Flavor Leaf wrote:I really really really don’t think Elements is scum.
Neither do I, but it sucks not to be able to defend him or explain why! :(
I specifically waited for someone to post because I had more to say and didn’t wanna post twice. :lol:

I made it seem like that was to the mod, my last post, it wasn’t. I’m just saying my thoughts out loud about multiposting and in general what plays I think were happening. But that also proves that I really needed to post again to clarify.

I’m obviously okay with the lessening of activity, I just generally post things out, and try to be transparent as possible so a lot of times my posts just aren’t always easy to understand what I’m saying, and I read it again afterwards, which helps me later my thoughts more efficiently so people can keep up with my thought process, which is something I feel helps my town game come across really well.

I travel a lot for work, so a lot of times during my commutes, and I just have to quote individual things or I’m gonna lose my post. My style I like to disappear for a while, then come in and take over. I just kind of naturally do that, not really on purpose. I just talk. My eccentric tone doesn’t come across on site to everyone, though.

So case in point, if I play with quotes, I essentially have to multipost. :lol:

I don’t even have a computer right now.

Speaking of Kid, I believe they are town. Maybe it’s because they brought up thinking I was something of a mentalist as well earlier, and that sat well with me. I didn’t feel like he was trying to butter me up at all, I feel he genuinely thought that, and even though he has an MJF avatar, I still feel like he would be dripping ScumGoo all over me if he were scum there.

I can’t help but read InsideJob as scum here. Both slots for differing reasons. It feels planned for them to continuously shade me, for non personality reasons, which I would hope, because Alisae is Alibae.

Gobble’s so scum, though
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6533 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 6529, Flavor Leaf wrote:@RCEnigma - what are your thoughts on TSE, Miss, EP? They’re the New Age Flavor Squad right now, I knighted them with my frilly leaves.
2 of the three are likely 3p and then EP is town. Really town.

Something about Miss' claim rubs me wrong but not much I can do about it.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6534 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Menalque »

Why do you think gobble is scum, and why should I think that
you specifically
wouldn’t defend elements this hard if he’s scum with you?

Why do you think I’m scum here when fmpov I have v good reasons to believe you’re scum namely (1) your gov push felt genuinely agenda-y and I think your stated reasons sound implausible (2) you’ve appeared in thread only under mild pressure and then have done your level best to derail the ele lynch and (3) you lead the drew lynch yesterday?

I don’t think I would necessarily SR you that much on any one of those individual things, but collectively it seems reasonable and so it seems odd to me that you think my push on you is scummy/scum!motivated
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6535 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 6489, Menalque wrote:Is anyone TRing TSE on play rather than on wagonomics?

I think I heard one or two people say he wouldn’t out his ability so early as scum, what’s the explanation there again?
There's big scum equity in being able to suddenly lynch people when town aren't expecting it.

On play, read that Titus post where she votes him for vote hopping, not reading, etc. His play might not be protown, but it's car crash not scum-favouring.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6536 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Gobbles a claimed friendly neighbor via bbmolla.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6537 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 6536, RCEnigma wrote:Gobbles a claimed friendly neighbor via bbmolla.
So he got friendly neighbor 2 games right by each other? Hmm.

All of Gobble’s votes are like incredibly political.

If that’s true, then fine.

Skygazer coasted off that as a claim once and I was the only one who still pushed her and she killed me off real fast because of it, don’t let that happen again.

You think that both TSE and Miss are 3rd party?

What was Miss’s claim, and when did it happen? TSE executioner has LOADS of scum benefit. That’s a big reason I don’t think he is scum.

Like honestly, he could easily be warlocking me here, I get it, so from that perspective, you lot all have to see that I’m being warlocked and I’m the big obnoxious town Demon wrecking through stuff.

If he is scum doing it, that is.

You wanna go back and check Everything is Completely Normal and see how hard hard protecting my scum buddies goes for me now? Especially with RCEnigma here.

I also don’t see how you don’t see that I was cop inno’d already, Menalque.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6538 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 6537, Flavor Leaf wrote:So he got friendly neighbor 2 games right by each other? Hmm.
:?:

*gobble?*
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6539 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 6538, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 6537, Flavor Leaf wrote:So he got friendly neighbor 2 games right by each other? Hmm.
:?:

*gobble?*
Detective Penguin and I vigged you.

Bingle was in my head. I was a pet demon to him. I was his good boy
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6540 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oh baby the tears

inject that shit into my VEINS

seriously though, posting two times in a row isn't an issue, it's repeatedly doing a fucking livetweet of the thread. this isn't twitter. compose your thoughts.
In post 6529, Flavor Leaf wrote:I was also setting up a UT reaction test with the Page of Flavor, which still works with me saying it. He knows he’s on the radar, but probably has a Cephir like attitude towards it, which works to my benefit tbh.
oh you wanted a reaction? cool. it was obnoxious. is that the sort of thing you were looking for? If you want me to answer questions all you need to do is ask. I don't scumread you or anything so it's not like I'm going to tell you to fuck off and post a bad gif.
Flavor Leaf wrote:TSE executioner has LOADS of scum benefit. That’s a big reason I don’t think he is scum.
I agree that there's scum benefit, but I come down on the opposite side of whether or not him claiming it is a scumtell. I feel like it'd be wayyyyyy more suspect if he had hidden it. if that was me as scum I'd be waving that role around from the jump.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6541 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Menalque »

You wanna go back and check Everything is Completely Normal and see how hard hard protecting my scum buddies goes for me now? Especially with RCEnigma here.

Not really, but I guess not great. So let’s flip ele and find out

Where were you cop inno’d? Did you not try to argue that you were cop inno’d for some weird meta reason?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6542 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 6537, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 6536, RCEnigma wrote:Gobbles a claimed friendly neighbor via bbmolla.
So he got friendly neighbor 2 games right by each other? Hmm.

All of Gobble’s votes are like incredibly political.

If that’s true, then fine.

Skygazer coasted off that as a claim once and I was the only one who still pushed her and she killed me off real fast because of it, don’t let that happen again.

You think that both TSE and Miss are 3rd party?

What was Miss’s claim, and when did it happen? TSE executioner has LOADS of scum benefit. That’s a big reason I don’t think he is scum.

Like honestly, he could easily be warlocking me here, I get it, so from that perspective, you lot all have to see that I’m being warlocked and I’m the big obnoxious town Demon wrecking through stuff.

If he is scum doing it, that is.

I trust that town wouldn't claim scum is a friendly neighbor. I hope anyway. Either that or bbmolla and gobble have scumtied themselves and one going down is a 2 for 1.

Enter essentially claimed Hunter but not sure what he's hunting or if it's a factional thing. The way he claimed was basically that both sides need him alive because he and another can balance factions as needed. Before that he claimed lyncher.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6543 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yeah, that’s exactly what I wanted.

The Page of Flavor stands in history a success.

I liked UT’s response to the TSE portion. Thinking about it, I too would have announced it to the world, but doesn’t doing so essentially put yourself on an expiration date?

I would probably do some crazy shenanigan gambit with it actually, even as town.

I think 3rd Party TSE has some merit, but I think it’s worth keeping around for a bit, if only to elicit reaction and WIFOM analyze them with it.

Are you on the elements is scum hype?

____

I’m okay accepting Gobble is town here. I am feeling like if I were a Vig, he’d be my shot, so that probably means he’s town.

Wait, Hunter?!?! Like from the BooneyToonz games?
(Side note, I’m gonna take a break from nodding after this next game so I can get a refresh, I’ve been modding nonstop since like November of last year, so...but I am going back hard on the core BooneyToonz games, because those are my favorites anyways.)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6544 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 6540, Untrod Tripod wrote:
Flavor Leaf wrote:TSE executioner has LOADS of scum benefit. That’s a big reason I don’t think he is scum.
I agree that there's scum benefit, but I come down on the opposite side of whether or not him claiming it is a scumtell. I feel like it'd be wayyyyyy more suspect if he had hidden it. if that was me as scum I'd be waving that role around from the jump.
Right, but isn't it safer as scum to act like it was one shot? I feel like claiming a super powerful role that would be really likely to be culted if it were town is a pretty low equity move.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6545 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Yeah pretty much, it's how I interpreted it any way.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6546 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 6544, The Fonz wrote:
Right, but isn't it safer as scum to act like it was one shot? I feel like claiming a super powerful role that would be really likely to be culted if it were town is a pretty low equity move.
Nah it sets him up to be accused of cult if he stops using it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6547 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Anyway I'm still as fucking conflicted about the top three as ever.

Elements hasn't claimed right?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #6548 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 6547, The Fonz wrote:Anyway I'm still as fucking conflicted about the top three as ever.

Elements hasn't claimed right?
No. Not that I’m aware.

Which, shit.

UNVOTE: elements

I want the day to end but that’s stupid. I just got frustrated.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6549 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 6546, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 6544, The Fonz wrote:
Nah it sets him up two be accused of cult if he stops using it.

Eh? I don't think *anyone* would be shocked by an ability like that being one shot, like Formerfish's.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”