Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4425 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4417, Gentleman 2 wrote:Wish l5 hadnt left like that...
Give me something to work with
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4426 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Lady 2 »

Implying that I thought L5 was scum for pushing me is pretty disingenuous, I still can't speak to my predecessor's mindset.

Your complacency goes back to pre-L5/G8 flip as well..like your created this G8/L2 solve based on PoE but when I've asked you to expand on your reasons for clearing slots you've basically just alluded that you've PoE'd alignments via sorting a possible scumteam...?

Calling a G8/L2 scumteam yday while hard pushing towards lynching the pair without really clocking any interest in sorting between them is pretty clearly positioning.

I'd even be more comfortable with a stance of "well I know for a fact I'm not scum ergo lynching L2/G1 wins me the game" but you're like... abandoning reasoning which achieves a town wincon in case of really noisy flashy cases which have the depth of a puddle.. I think you're virtue signalling pretty heavily.

Sorry if this is a bit understated. I'm quite hung over but I'm going to try my best to lay out what I'm seeing.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4427 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4424, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 4419, Lady 2 wrote:I feel like town!her surely realises she's fighting a losing battle and needs to work any angle she can to close this
Lady 2 said, literally the complete opposite of this before, I'm pretty sure
literally incorrect - can you please engage with me in good faith, Lady 9?
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4428 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4426, Lady 2 wrote:Implying that I thought L5 was scum for pushing me is pretty disingenuous
For pivoting onto you, yes, that is why you scumread her. If you were following notes like you say you are, then that carried over

Isn't saying I need to engage in good faith contradictory to saying I need to work any angle I can to close this..?
In post 4426, Lady 2 wrote:Calling a G8/L2 scumteam yday while hard pushing towards lynching the pair without really clocking any interest in sorting between them is pretty clearly positioning.
There was tons of sorting going on
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4429 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4426, Lady 2 wrote:I'd even be more comfortable with a stance of "well I know for a fact I'm not scum ergo lynching L2/G1 wins me the game
That's poe
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4430 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Lady 2 »

Your case on me literally boils down to:

- my pred was unable to answer: 1) a case you made in EXTREMELY bad faith against my slot, and 2) a suggestion that she should be clearing you for the same reason she's clearing G1 only a few hours before she had to be v/la until the end of the game. The former would be a waste of time to engage with. The latter was impossible for her to engage with in the time constraints. I've asked you to substantiate and elaborate on this so I can check my pred's position. You've refused to do so.

- I've replaced in and pushed an agenda. No shit. There's less than 48 hours between my replace in and EoD - this is my predecessor's story. I am her mouth piece and her reality check. That is all I can possibly do. The fact you call this an agenda without feeling any necessity to check why I would be playing this way as either alignment is anti-sorting.

- based on preflip associatives with G8 when you felt no urgency about sorting L5/G8 yesterday, just... decided I was scum with one of them via PoE. Going by my predecessor you also virtually ignored our slot until you were in a position where you functionally had nearly no choice but to scumread us.

I have been trying to reality check my predecessor's reads. Very obviously, since my replace in. You ignored my replace in until I called you out for it, and have ignored every attempt I have made to reach out and check my G1 read with you. You have focused only on posts I have made which you can present in a bad light. This has been one of the worst-faith engagements I've experienced in a mafia game; and not in a repulsive way. You're not scum irl. You're just scum in this game.

Your stance is flashy and noisy, and I respect that you're making a play for your win condition. But the more I work through this, the more I am comfortable that you are just not town. I will not be trying to engage with you further, as you have not given me an opportunity to engage with you in good faith. Goodbye, L9. I'll be around if either of the Gentlemen would like to speak.

pedit: you reached a position of PoE like ages ago I have not seen you reevaluate anything since I replaced in
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4431 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:02 am

Post by Lady 2 »

:facepalm:

This doesn't feel difficult but I do not envy G2 his position in this gamestate.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4432 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:04 am

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4430, Lady 2 wrote:2) a suggestion that she should be clearing you for the same reason she's clearing G1 only a few hours before she had to be v/la until the end of the game. The former would be a waste of time to engage with. The latter was impossible for her to engage with in the time constraints. I've asked you to substantiate and elaborate on this so I can check my pred's position. You've refused to do so.
This is a real bad faith argument and I've already called you out on saying this before

I'm not arguing that she should be clearing me, no, just that she can't selectively clear her own pair for that while ignoring that interaction in others

There was time for her to respond, yes

I have elaborated on this in recent history to you, yes
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4433 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4405, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 4275, Lady 2 wrote:This is why I have ruled out G1/G8 as a pair. Because G7 would not have hard pushed a lynch on one (G8) of his two buddies to directly set up a lynch on his other buddy (G1) by virtue of his buddy's partner (L2) supposedly being scum with the first (G8). That's a very extremely risky hard bus for that stage of the game. Nah, if G8 is scum with G7, G7 is setting up a mislynch on a T-T pair here. And if G8 is Town G7 is just working on a mislynch and can go on his merry way regardless of G1's alignment when L8 flips T. This is why I don't think this logic holds true of G1/L5 as a pair - if he gets that lynch and it's T-S but L5 flips scum and G8 Town, G7 doesn't push on to push G1/L2 because L5-scum doesn't imply L2-scum like G8-scum does by his argument.
This is the argument that was initially presented

I pointed out that that same argument also holds true from my viewpoint, and why is it only an "extremely risky bus" when relating to her own pair, but not me, and that's a selective argument
In post 4409, Lady 9 wrote:It's not that it's clearing, it's that the argument your pred made also applies to me, but she ignored that and used it to apply to her own pair, and it wasn't a good argument, and it looks like it was your pred was setting up her pair for survival at the end
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4434 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

Today will probably be a busy day with me being able to check in next right before deadline so I am going to quickly see if anything big has come up.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4435 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Lady 2 »

you're not like considering g1 scum tho you just want to shoot down my pred's argument so i'm not really sure how to press forward with that :s

i'd love to check my pred's read on that but you're just yelling "that particular part of your pred's stances was particularly erroneous because i say it is!!!" and like you don't want to use it to solve alignments, you just want me to note that it's poor argument skill from my pred

so... ok?
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4436 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:46 am

Post by Lady 9 »

I think that you are scum. I am considering G1 as scum, because it's either you or him. if he's scum, then it seems like you've made up your mind anyway, so I can only hope that you are scum
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4437 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Lady 9 »

Again, you were the one who asked me to bring up these arguments again numerous times, so you can stop the "so... ok?" stuff
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4438 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:58 am

Post by Lady 2 »

i was kinda interested in engaging with you at first, yes.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4439 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

I don't think you actually were
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4440 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

i spent a bizarrely long time trying to reach out to you my friend
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4441 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 4376, FakeGod wrote:Countdown to deadline: 0 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes
just keeping myself wary of deadline
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4442 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

insinuating i didn't continuously try to reach out to you is like.. idek it's the opposite of what happened here
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4443 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

Checking in during a break in the activity. My honest opinion is G2’s conclusion will probably decide how this goes. Which makes me concerned that he has been rather quiet so far. Have I just been missing him?
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4444 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

I've been trying to get his attention in our pt
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4445 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 4398, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 4395, Gentleman 1 wrote:I guess I can talk about what my presumed retroactive game state analysis is. I think G8 was supposed to flip before G7 and G7 was supposed to use that as a point to be thrust into endgame. This makes a fair bit of sense if L9 is scum as that option likely does not last too long, but thinking about it you, by which I mean L2 if it is not clear, were probably a better choice to get to the end as long as I didn’t weigh the pairing down too far, so their chronic bussing honestly implicates L9 that way.
I wanted 7-7 pair out though

??
In post 4378, Lady 2 wrote:L9
if we are t/ting

i am like, desperate for you to engage with me when you get back into the thread

g1 i need to hear where your mind is at, please. as much detail as you can. no more PT posting.
I laid out my points

Your predecessor freaked out over it, ignored my points, and then you took the reigns and are also ignoring them

So no, I don't see you as town, and you're also doing this thing where You make a point, I make a counterpoint, and you point to that to say that I'm trying to look town or something
You may have wanted them out more recently but my impression was the early plan was for G7 to go to endgame with the energy from bussing G8. In addition I do not understand this whole feud between L2 and L9, what is the root cause of it?
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4446 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

No I said I was taking a hard look at 7-7 early

I wanted 3-6 to go to endgame, I thought I made this clear?
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4447 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 3843, Lady 9 wrote:Not surprised. We should focus on who is town today, we can probably win with 1 t-t pair. I like 3-6 right now. And my pair, naturally.

Now that we're down to 5 pairs left I'm hard eyeing pair 7-7 and thinking it's not likely for this pair to be 2 town (with the knowledge that I'm town)

In the sense that only 1 other pair can be t-t
In post 4053, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 4046, Lady 7 wrote:Now i feel like he's town.
Of course you do.

Gonna be honest, I haven't felt too good about lady 7 for a while now, they kept saying they were going to leave so I was waiting to see what was happening with that. Their recent development is what I expected if she were actually scum. I'm even proposing that, while possibly unlikely, pair 7-7 has a chance of being a double scum pair here, barring that, one of gent 7/lady 7 is very likely to be scum on their own

VOTE: Gent 7/Lady 7
In post 4060, Lady 9 wrote:
@Lady 2
Don't leave while the 7-7 pair is still alive, please
In post 3863, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 3848, Lady 7 wrote:Why isn’t l9 scum? Come on people, her approach to the game is so scum motivated it’s ridiculous. Starts off strong with some analytical posts early day one and then floats on the laurels of early town reads for the rest of the game. How is this town? How is this above suspicion? I also don’t like her post today, mostly in the part where she feels the need to include her being young oerslective. It’s like no shit, you don’t need to qualify that but sometimes scum do. Also if g1 is scum, she poo-pooed my earlier read on g1 for posting to post. Look at her beginning of first dance hop onto g5, which seemed to be sleeping g6 predance rather than any kind of assessment of her own.

So what is town about her? I don’t see it. Also if there are five pairs left and she confidently likes l6/g3, what that Piet should have said is she’s willing to tear through the last three pairs because they contain all the pairs. So why specifically say your taking a hard eye in 7-7. Kinda makes me think we’re actually a town town pair she needs to get rid of.
I mentioned your pair because I thought it was T-T yesterday but now with so many town flips I've changed my mind, plus determining between your pair and gent 3/lady 6 is pretty important. I think there is a sort of consensus agreement that lady 5/gent 8 and lady 2/gent 1 are both getting lynched today, which leaves your pair, Gent 3/Lady 6, and my pair. And I don't know what Gent 2 is thinking right now
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4448 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 4445, Gentleman 1 wrote:In addition I do not understand this whole feud between L2 and L9, what is the root cause of it?
Read from here:

viewtopic.php?p=11395826#p11395826
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4449 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

I guess the L2 and L9 feud revolves around L2 stating I could not be scum with G8 for reasons that could also work with L9? Honestly I would like L2 to expand on that if possible but I think L9 does not look to good for that push because it seems to be trying to open up our pair as a mislynch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”