Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:01 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 2499, Evenstar wrote:
In post 2496, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 2495, Bambi Jay wrote:I know he isn't lying about being Watari since I used my eyes on him, but it's funny nonetheless.
Eyes?
Couldn’t he be lying about his ability?
My wincon says that Watari must flip in order for me to learn how to kill L, so that plus the lack of counterclaim says he's trueclaiming.
What if L is Chara.
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Evenstar »

In post 2500, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 2495, Bambi Jay wrote:I know he isn't lying about being Watari since I used my eyes on him, but it's funny nonetheless.
Eyes?
My wincon says that Watari must flip in order for me to learn how to kill L, so that plus the lack of counterclaim says he's trueclaiming.
What if L is Chara.
Chara is obviously L and has been since Day 2. I'll be quite surprised if he ends up being
not
L.
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:04 am

Post by Evenstar »

(By the way Bambi, nice piece of misdirection with the BB eye-claim. You got me hard. I'm guessing the entire "internal drama" was faked?)
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

I mean since Almost outted Wooper literally everyone else is known, lol.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 2502, Evenstar wrote:(By the way Bambi, nice piece of misdirection with the BB eye-claim. You got me hard. I'm guessing the entire "internal drama" was faked?)
The drama was real, just slightly exaggerated out the neighborhood.
Yes, I'm related to Elsa Jay. No, we aren't the same person, she is a thot. I'm pure and full of positive energy.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:06 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 2501, Evenstar wrote:
Eyes?
What if L is Chara.
Chara is obviously L and has been since Day 2. I'll be quite surprised if he ends up being
not
L.
Wait so Chemist Town Reads Chara because Even cam receives information on how to kill Chara?

?????
Is this the shit that’s going down?
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:09 am

Post by Evenstar »

In post 2504, Bambi Jay wrote:
In post 2502, Evenstar wrote:(By the way Bambi, nice piece of misdirection with the BB eye-claim. You got me hard. I'm guessing the entire "internal drama" was faked?)
The drama was real, just slightly exaggerated out the neighborhood.
That makes sense. The best lies are the ones that are mostly the truth.

Chara actually "vented" in our neighbourhood, which was a great move on his part; that plus my pre-existing distaste for your playstyle made me swallow that you'd just straight-up out one of your neighbours to the whole thread, when if I'd thought about it I'd have realized that the claim was too convenient. I saw what I wanted to see: bravo.
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Evenstar »

In post 2505, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
Eyes?
What if L is Chara.
not
L.
Wait so Chemist Town Reads Chara because Even cam receives information on how to kill Chara?

?????
I think it may be, yes. I want more info out of Chemist on what exactly his role's supposed to do; he claimed on D2 that he knew there was almost certainly a scum in the Wammy's House neighbourhood - him, Chara, Bambi, RCE. I want to know exactly what that information was, whether L is town-confirmed to him, and why he isn't currently trying to eat RCE's face.
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Evenstar »

Okay. I think there are two potential worlds here, mechanically.

The first one is the easy world where this setup doesn't do anything weird. Light is scum, L is town, Watari is Town by virtue of being Masons with L, Raye and Naomi are of opposite alignments, Mello and Near are same-faction, etc.

In this world, the POE looks like it does right now. Creature looks awful, BEF not much better. Wooper and Vork are possible extensions if necessary.

... Unfortunately, some staring at the setup makes me feel like we're not in that world. It is too clever by half for that.

Myself and Ryuk are a pair of third parties that exist to make the events of canon take place. The moderator claims that flavour is not alignment-indicative, but the setup is obviously built around the existence of Light as a permanent Mafia Spy in all neighbourhoods. Mello and Near have to work together in order to investigate someone and thereby catch Kira. Misa Amane is an innocent that detects as a killer, and her ability lets her get her own way. Matsuda is a dayvig with an extended twilight that lets his target monologue while they bleed out!

The Neighbourhoods are also carefully crafted. Wammy's House is a neighbourhood. The Shinigami are a neighbourhood. Raye and his wife are a neighbourhood. The investigation is a neighbourhood...

... which is why it's very strange that I've got this corner up here that's [LUV, BEF, Wooper, Vecna].

In particular, I would expect Aizawa (LUV) to be in the same hood as Matsuda (Mizzytastic). But they're not. They're only linked by BEF... and BEF is not Soichiro, because
Creature
has flipped as Soichiro.

Why is Aizawa more closely associated with Misa Amane than with Soichiro? Beats the fuck out of me. And that's my point, here - this setup is
not
as straightforward as it may initially appear.

I think we're in the hard world where the setup is
intentionally deceiving.
So I went and I did some NK analysis:

Night Kills:
N1: No Kill
N2: Mizzytastic (Daykilled Scum)
N3: Vecna (Hammered Scum D2 with Doublevote Power)
N4: ?

Scum can delay their kills with the Death Note
one night.

... If the Death Note that's been being passed around has stayed in Town hands this entire time, that implies the scum must have their own Death Note in order to be able to kill.

But if the scum have their own Death Note, that implies they must have done one of the following:
Option A:

N2: Kill
N3: Kill

Option B:

N1: Delayed Kill
N2: Delayed Kill
N3: No Kill

Option C:

N1: Delayed Kill
N2: No Kill
N3: Kill

In other words, the scum holstered for some reason on one night. The first-thought answer is "they didn't know anyone's flavour, so they missed N1", but Matsuda had already flipped D1 and was killed N2. There was zero reason to holster on N1. Holstering N2 is blatantly suicidal; why not kill Bambi? And N3's kill is on Vecna, who wasn't a significant threat to scum until they hammered Light; that seems very unlikely to be a delaykill, so they
can't
have holstered that night.

... On that basis, scum probably
don't
have their own Death Note.

I think the following is the most likely set of scum actions:
N1: Delaykill Mizzy
N2: No Kill
N3: Kill Vecna

This could also have happened:
N2: Kill Mizzy
N3: Kill Vecna

And even this might be possible if the scum were smart and a bit lucky:
N2: Kill Mizzy, Delaykill Vecna
N3: No Kill

What's really interesting about this is that
in no world are both Chara and Chemist town.

Chara has been quite insistent about there being a second death note in this game, but as of yet I can't say that there's any physical evidence. If I were him, I would be trying to lynch Chemist right now on the basis of the N3 Vecna kill. Instead he's insisting that Chemist is town.

Naturally this is going to be deeply suspect coming from the mouth of someone who's an admitted lyncher for Chara's role - you're going to have to take it on faith here that that wincon died with Light - but I would very much like you all to consider the possibility that Chara could be scum.

If you
really
don't think he's scum, Chemist is the natural next place to look. I don't buy that there is a second death note, and Chemist was the one who had it when Vecna was killed - a kill that
could not have been a delaykill if Chara is town.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:13 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 2507, Evenstar wrote:
Eyes?
What if L is Chara.
not
L.

?????
I think it may be, yes. I want more info out of Chemist on what exactly his role's supposed to do; he claimed on D2 that he knew there was almost certainly a scum in the Wammy's House neighbourhood - him, Chara, Bambi, RCE. I want to know exactly what that information was, whether L is town-confirmed to him, and why he isn't currently trying to eat RCE's face.
no I didn't what

and Chara isn't town-confirmed but mechanically it's too swingy for them to be scum given the 3p wincons
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:20 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

Mechanically there's also the possiblity that it's something like scum got their own death note on D3, and the N2 kill was from separate means
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Evenstar »

In post 2509, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 2507, Evenstar wrote:
Eyes?
What if L is Chara.
not
L.

?????
no I didn't what

and Chara isn't town-confirmed but mechanically it's too swingy for them to be scum given the 3p wincons
I was mistaken, sorry: it was your predecessor on D1. See here:
In post 617, Mikan Tsumiki wrote:
In post 615, Chara wrote:
In post 608, Mikan Tsumiki wrote:yeah you definitely don't want me outing whats in my role pm chara
you definitely don't
i don't want you to?
then i guess you have your answer from me. :>

but seriously, it is a bit hard to understand. from a hypothetical perspective of "one of RC, Chara, and Bambi is confirmed scum" i probably would have gone about it differently myself. i don't know what else i may not like about your reveal, but i can't make you do it or not do it.
its moreso you are confirmed town to me and the existance of the hood makes me think one of RCE and Bambi is confirmed scum because there HAS to be something to just prevent me from literally telling you everything I know and to have 2 mech cleared slots at the start of D1
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

that something is just A50 though

so
GTKAS

TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:26 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

VOTE: Chemist

Until Chemist Flips.
This vote stays.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:27 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Once Chemist flips my vote Instantly goes back onto RCE.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:32 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Chemist resolves himself most likely. Creature/bet today, if the game doesn't end there it's between wooper/Chara/myself I guess.
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Morality »

In post 2480, Chemist1422 wrote:
Flip: Watari

in case it just got missed
Confirmed.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:36 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I'd also like to end soon because it's bugging me that misa ended up being miller (which fits) but Light didn't have a godfather mechanic. So I'm tinfoiling that I have the cop shot to scum!Bambi who in turn faked a guilty on A50 for the clear. And A50 claiming Bambi was a delayed kill is just theatre.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:37 am

Post by RCEnigma »

But that's crazy VOTE: creature
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2515, RCEnigma wrote:Chemist resolves himself most likely. Creature/bet today, if the game doesn't end there it's between wooper/Chara/myself I guess.
Chemist does self-resolve once he uses his ability, so we're fine there.

mechanically, there isn't any reason for there not to be multiple DNs. flavourwise, it is almost certain.

but i can't really explain why. i am simply unable to do so.

i also don't think Bambi is scum, RC. the possibility of a gambit with Almost is assuredly there, but it isn't the only piece of evidence for Bambi-town.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:14 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 2516, Morality wrote:

Confirmed.

Confirm as in he’s confirmed?
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:15 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 2519, Chara wrote:
In post 2515, RCEnigma wrote:Chemist resolves himself most likely. Creature/bet today, if the game doesn't end there it's between wooper/Chara/myself I guess.
Chemist does self-resolve once he uses his ability, so we're fine there.

mechanically, there isn't any reason for there not to be multiple DNs. flavourwise, it is almost certain.

but i can't really explain why. i am simply unable to do so.

i also don't think Bambi is scum, RC. the possibility of a gambit with Almost is assuredly there, but it isn't the only piece of evidence for Bambi-town.

Why does Even need to know how to kill you?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Chara »

because writing my flavour name wouldn't do it.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Morality »

In post 2520, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 2516, Morality wrote:

Confirmed.

Confirm as in he’s confirmed?
He is revealed as Watari.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:17 am

Post by Chara »

hurray! Chemist, you may as well use your ability now.
what does using the hood matter, Almost is in all of them anyways.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”