Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick (OVER!)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t really get the sense Alch is tunneling, tbh I feel like we’ve reach a good point between us so maybe I should be a better read of his but his sorting feels like it’s in good faith
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 632, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 622, Evenstar wrote:
In post 617, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 613, Evenstar wrote:Your example non-consensus read is based on meta you have and other people don't, and is therefore difficult for any other player to evaluate unless you give something more of a basis for it. I would also have expected you to elaborate a bit on it rather than just saying "it's X."
I already elaborated when asked and my interaction with Gamma included me trying to make sense of what I was scumreading them for. Those explanations you want
are
already there.
Not sure you're really doing anything of value there, to be frank. I'd rec pivoting to examine someone else and coming back to Gamma later today.
I disagree. I think I'm coming around to a Town Gamma, and if Gamma and I both realize we're Town it adds a lot of value to the game. This is why I wanted to talk with Gamma, to try and get a better understanding of them here, and I think I am.
See this is what I felt him coming around to
So like how is what he did tunneling, when he’s clearly changed his read?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Evenstar »

In post 651, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 632, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 622, Evenstar wrote:
In post 617, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 613, Evenstar wrote:Your example non-consensus read is based on meta you have and other people don't, and is therefore difficult for any other player to evaluate unless you give something more of a basis for it. I would also have expected you to elaborate a bit on it rather than just saying "it's X."
I already elaborated when asked and my interaction with Gamma included me trying to make sense of what I was scumreading them for. Those explanations you want
are
already there.
Not sure you're really doing anything of value there, to be frank. I'd rec pivoting to examine someone else and coming back to Gamma later today.
I disagree. I think I'm coming around to a Town Gamma, and if Gamma and I both realize we're Town it adds a lot of value to the game. This is why I wanted to talk with Gamma, to try and get a better understanding of them here, and I think I am.
See this is what I felt him coming around to
So like how is what he did tunneling, when he’s clearly changed his read?
In that case I guess I'm just wrong!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 642, Evenstar wrote:
In post 637, Severa wrote:TL/Evenstar are you guys scum partners
do you think I would've hesitated to bus this
gentleman
for 20 pages?
Actually I kinda do
Also why is gentleman italicized :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
<Embrace The Void>

Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by Evenstar »

TOWN

Kerset
Pops
Alchemist
TL
Farkran
Severa
- DEAD NULL -

Gamma
Salamence
Sujimichi
Chemist
Venus & Mars
Bitmap
SCUM

doot dee doot dee deedle dee doot dee doot dee doot dee dee dee

still p. garbage, but improving. Venus & Mars not having checked in is getting to be annoying. can't wait for D2 so Severa will be dead and I can sheep her reads without fear.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

yeah. Venus and Mars is starting to worry me...

I'm surprised you went from us tunneling each other to you putting me as a
townlean
. Did you think the interaction was TvT or something?

either way, the top and bottom reads are something I think is a little odd...
time will end
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I get the feeling V&M being inactive isn’t a scumtell though
We’ll see
<Embrace The Void>

Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by Severa »

In post 654, Evenstar wrote:still p. garbage, but improving. Venus & Mars not having checked in is getting to be annoying. can't wait for D2 so Severa will be dead and I can sheep her reads without fear.
This is weird af from you. How did you go from hating me and my playstyle and feeling like we can't get along because I'm arrogant to obedient sheep?
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by Evenstar »

In post 657, Severa wrote:
In post 654, Evenstar wrote:still p. garbage, but improving. Venus & Mars not having checked in is getting to be annoying. can't wait for D2 so Severa will be dead and I can sheep her reads without fear.
This is weird af from you. How did you go from hating me and my playstyle and feeling like we can't get along because I'm arrogant to obedient sheep?
Believe it or not, I am actually able to get used to people's playstyles. I still don't like you, and if you manage to ML me twice in a row we'll have
words
after this game, but I respect your reads enough that I'm willing to update based on them.

Be happy. You're getting that thing called "cooperation" you claim to want so much.
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by Evenstar »

(PS: you did catch the part where I'm still hoping you die, right?)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I mean I took about the same approach when I realized who you were in PM
I didn’t like what you were doing but I didn’t let that change the fact you were blindingly town when I considered who you were
<Embrace The Void>

Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by Severa »

I mean, this is referring to trusting my reads not my alignment but okay I'll drop it for now.
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by Evenstar »

In post 660, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I mean I took about the same approach when I realized who you were in PM
I didn’t like what you were doing but I didn’t let that change the fact you were blindingly town when I considered who you were
Severa is anything but blindingly town right now. Still willing to work with them, though; one day's clemency ain't much.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 661, Severa wrote:I mean, this is referring to trusting my reads not my alignment but okay I'll drop it for now.
I guess this makes more sense

Also I wouldn’t call Severa blindingly town but she’s at the top of my read list so leshrug

(Btw I think I understand how Creature is able to post so much now)
<Embrace The Void>

Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Post by Severa »

I've seen bad posting from TL town but this is another level.
Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Severa »

Kerset/TL/ND39hydra
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 418, Evenstar wrote:Suji... has a weird formal tone to their posts that makes me instantly dislike him, because I've seen scum hide behind formality more than a few times. His actual actions also don't look that great. Overall, meh; I think I want to give him a bit more time to develop before I come down hard one way or the other, but he certainly isn't winning any favours rn.
This is kind of funny because I thought your tone in Magical Girls seemed formal, and I felt like I gut scumread that. Maybe it was a side effect of them needing to represent a hydra and not an individual, it hasn't been true this game or in the teacher newbie.
I'm skeptical that it's genuinely alignment indicative, I think just lots of movie villains talk formally.
In post 438, Farkran wrote:
In post 397, Severa wrote:Ok, my hood and I have discussed this and I'm going to open this to the floor
My actual abilities are day desperado -> day vig and using combined abilities we can get me up to 100 MP today
I am going to therefore be using the desperado today but I would prefer to use it on someone who, if it fails, is going to actually be useful to town.

So, ignoring my reads momentarily and focusing on the people that I think have some utility as town leader

Evenstar
Farkran
Venus & Mars (Primarily aimed at ND39, but if she continues lurking we're going to lynch rather than desp this slot)
Kerset
Salamence20

How effectively do you think you perform as IC, what are your reads right now, do you have any shot recommendations
I think this is another bs claim but at least the claims have some purposes so i'll answer nonetheless

I am quite ineffective as an IC, i wouldn't take the town leader spot by choice unless i am scum, however i am very active and talkative so that often just happens. Already provided my reads, nothing significant to update since then, except possibly a higher position for GE

As for the shot:
1) i wouldn't shoot right now
2) if i had to shoot any player right now, on the threat of game loss if i don't, i'd probably shoot TL.
3) if i absolutely had to shoot one on that list, i'd shoot Evenstar or Venus by PoE, probably Evenstar.
Nah Farkran is wrong he's the best shot on that list. Energy is almost as important to the town as intelligence. Not that Farkran lacks that either.
In post 453, Evenstar wrote:
In post 451, Severa wrote:Town me doesn't actually care either, just so you know.
Does town you care about my wasting my time casing you when I could be doing better and more productive things?
Evenstar is climbing up to Chemist tier, it's a shame I can't ship them.
In post 479, Evenstar wrote:
In post 478, Gamma Emerald wrote:You know what that’s reason enough to throw out my suspicions of Severa
I don't buy this is a real thought.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
I don't buy this as a real thought

Really though... I've used a backdoor to sneak out of a push that wasn't working out well to me, very recently, and I was doing it as scum.
In post 482, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 479, Evenstar wrote:
In post 478, Gamma Emerald wrote:You know what that’s reason enough to throw out my suspicions of Severa
I don't buy this is a real thought.

Honest question: do scum really put as much effort to catch up as Gamma is?
Gamma usually does due diligence to each of his games and the catchups in them. I'm used to those catchups having responses to things that seem skippable, but this time every single one of those things is about SEVERA and it seems kind of agenda driven for that reason
In post 490, Sujimichi wrote:Apparently, we are all going to out our roles before the day is over. I can't believe that this is a normal thing to do.
KAWAIIII!!! RENA WANTS TO TAKE IT HOME!!!!!!!!
In post 496, Severa wrote:None of my accounts are particularly representative of my IRL personality; all of them are playing a part.
Will you make an account designed to match your IRL personality one day if we ask really nicely?
En serio, which means seriously, which is something popsofctown usually wants to post but remembers to backspace because it's from the Spanish learned IRL and not necessarily widely understood on this site:
Evenstar's point should more or less stand. All online personalities are subset of our full personalities. "Playing a part" can only mean so much, the best actors in the world a typecast into pretty similar roles.
The question isn't really whether you are right or wrong, though, it's whether Gamma believes it himself, and giving lots of credence to Severa =/= RadiantCowbells after he ardently described the last RC game as being the "last game" makes me skeptical about the 180. It seems like the timing of the backpedal was more about how much he noticed it was accomplishing for his slot rather than actually getting some brand new information
In post 498, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 319, TemporalLich wrote:I'm slightly sure I'm effectively an effing
mason
right now
I'm uncertain as to how you are effectively a role that you are effectively not.
I've already decorated Sujimichi's room and it's been ok'ed with the landlord.
In post 548, Kerset wrote:If you claim investigation role then people won't lynch you. I think that could be his motive. If we have to choose between lynching mediocre role and role cop, we will never choose role cop bc we want to see information that he provides.
Kerset in site meta here a U-pick game generally has about two thirds of the town players as something stronger than rolecop. And also has the scum slightly more likely than the town to receive the ability rolecop. So his claim is similar to claiming VT, it incentivizes us to lynch him. I would be advocating lynching the slot to avoid outing more roles and avoid lynching more highly useful town power if his posting didn't lean towny to me.
In post 549, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 538, Evenstar wrote:VOTE: Alchemist21

More content please.
If you want more from me then talking to me is the way to do it, not voting someone you just put in your Townreads.
This is Bad. You have an obligation to this game independent of what Evenstar does with her vote, and you should be able to see the town incentive to do what she's doing with her vote.
If it seems remarkable it might be because other people have seen you be underwhelming as town, you were underwhelming in StarCraft and flipped green. That's the only difference between Evenstar's post and my silence.
I can't remember anything you've done this game besides sheep a fake parity cop claim, just like I can't remember anything you did in SC except be a gunsmith claim.
She said "please", so don't be rude to her playing to her wincon when she's made you're not playing to it with her, unless want to claim scum.
In post 575, Sujimichi wrote:I can't argue with your opinion.

And, yes, I have stated where I agree with others. This is true. Consistently is not an adverb that is accurate, however.
I painted his room offwhite.
In post 586, Severa wrote:I think that people are tonally scumreading Sujimichi (who posts in a way that is liable to be tonally scumread) without considering the merits of what she posts and if you focus purely on what she says she's towny.
I agree with this, except that in the sense I've picked out a different pronoun for Sujimichi until such a time as I'm corrected.
In post 601, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 593, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 589, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 575, Sujimichi wrote:I can't argue with your opinion.

And, yes, I have stated where I agree with others. This is true. Consistently is not an adverb that is accurate, however.
I think it’s fair to say you have been agreeing with others a lot. Yes, you’ve raised points yourself but it seems like you’re more than happy to sit behind someone and cheerlead them. I think the Boonism for that action is warlocking? It comes across as scummy because you’re trying to promote the idea without taking as much responsibility. I know scum do this because I did it myself subconsciously once when I was starting out.
I’ll say it again - agreeing with consensus doesn’t make someone scum.
Yes, but the way he’s doing it is extremely shady. He’s like “ah yes, this makes sense”. I have noted in my history here two ways scum will agree with people that are solid tells imo. The first is where scum will support a townie’s idea by bolstering the Townie’s argument while adding little of their own content to it. This is what I mentioned I was caught for in the past earlier, and it serves scum because it helps keep them blameless. I have noticed Suji doing this in spades. The second method is when scum entrench themselves into one argument, then a Townie makes a better one and they hop on at full speed to the Townie’s idea. I caught scum doing this in a game that I can’t recall the name of but that I know had Aliens in the name, and the reason why it’s scummy is it’s a demonstration that they aren’t interested in honest discussion, they just want the argument that best suits them. I don’t recall Suji doing this but I feel like someone else may have done it this game if not him, so it’s something to keep in mind.
This tell sounds like someone at the fortune cookie factory said "let's make one about suspecting people for agreeing with you but carefully write it so it applies to whoever gets the fortune cookie".
I felt like Evenstar hated me mosterest in Magical Girls. Let's fight about this
In post 658, Evenstar wrote:
Believe it or not, I am actually able to get used to people's playstyles. I still don't like you, and if you manage to ML me twice in a row we'll have
words
after this game, but I respect your reads enough that I'm willing to update based on them.

Be happy. You're getting that thing called "cooperation" you claim to want so much.
Titus misvigged me against town consensus twice in a row.. :(
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If I had a dayvig it'd still be TL, the only good angles on his posts seem like too scummy to be scum. But I'm not ready to end the day.

665 is a scumlist, I'm guessing? Why Kerset? I feel like they're posting content and it feels null and that's weird, because I spectated their first newbie and townread them a bit more. So I'd be interested in hearing what's pinging you.
If it's activity level itself, Kerset's in meta, though. (ND is not, we pressured her last game for being afk and then ended up at an accurate read so I can't object to using pressure again)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 665, Severa wrote:Kerset/TL/ND39hydra
Why Kerset?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

pops your read on me feels very one-dimensional
I have things besides me pushing Severa, engage them
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Besides that, again will become through the full walk later
Curious why there’s another wall when pops said they would be multiposting after the last one
<Embrace The Void>

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Ehh, everyone thinks my reads are crap so idk how I can townside...

D1 is hell, just end it
time will end
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"Lol I'm scum but that's not why?"
Severa has already gone into how Suji's slot is being mistreated.
Farkran read I agree with to some extent.
I don't know what else you've posted about.
I'm not required to do an audit on your iso to raise a concern about something that happened.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I saw how messy the thread was and didn't want to contribute to the messiness.
"Well, I..."
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

I'm not sure how GE is scum ftr

This better not be a fegging compromise lynch