Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick (OVER!)

Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 757, popsofctown wrote:
pedit: this setup is the first of its kind as far as I know, but it has a few similarities to Magical Girls Upick Light and Shadow, which involved Chemist, SEVERA's main, Evenstar, Bitmap, Gamma Emerald, Venus and Mars, and yours truly.
Are you a mason buddy?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:36 am

Post by Severa »

Chemist is always scum in my games we should lynch him.

Sample size like 6
Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Severa »

Annoying!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 773, Severa wrote:Like if I scumread some UNREADABLE MORON like Popsofctown I'm not going to be as CONFIDENT as if I scumread someone who is smart!
D:
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

mafsilver seems identical to prosilver as far as I can tell, I use prosilver.
Are you playing on mobile? Spoiler+colored text gets wrecked on mobile. I would have to switch to unspoilered purple text. It would make me a sad panda
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 776, Severa wrote:Chemist is always scum in my games we should lynch him.

Sample size like 6
is this where I make a sarcastic response then get wagoned for a scummy popin
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 779, popsofctown wrote:
mafsilver seems identical to prosilver as far as I can tell, I use prosilver.
Are you playing on mobile? Spoiler+colored text gets wrecked on mobile. I would have to switch to unspoilered purple text. It would make me a sad panda
I’m on mobile and it’s annoying but not unreadable
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 739, popsofctown wrote:
This seems to be suggesting providing polluted or partially falsified information to scum is harmless. I'll agree to disagree. The plenty of other ways to progress the game state, and I actually think mountainous has the highest quality dayplay, but this is definitely delving into mafia theory.
You seem to have presented some kind of internally consistent view, though, since an environment with lots of fakeclaiming would make rolecop more useful more often. I'm not sure whether I've ever fakeclaimed before, and in ye olde days I feel like it was rarer.
This is a very specific type of setup though, and from the info in my possession i don't think that claiming or faking could be harmful to town more than it to scum. I mean there are no true VTs in here, everyone has some sort of ability. Within that, there are better and worse ones - some would be worth claiming, some wouldn't. But yeah, this is game theory and i'm not strong on it being optimal play, it just occurs to me that it is also probably not the worst strategy as it would be, for example, in a newbie setup.
I'm confused by this post, you seem to agree that no one should take blast ever? But as it turns out, Gamma has some sort of special considerations for taking Blast that he should Not Talk About, and Salamence didn't take Blast at all.
Not really. I think there are reasons to pick blast discs as town, as some abilities and effects could be harmful, and there are different extents on how much you can control them.
There is bias in the way you've collected the data about claims. People with weaker roles are more likely to claim, because it's less harmful to town. So your "survey" has no pure elements except your own PM. The concept is called "response bias". Salamence likely would not have claimed even in his anger if he was such a powerful role it would throw the game to have him roleblocked or killed, Gamma claimed because his role harms town, similar to a day 1 Miller claim, TemporalLich, mostly same thing as Salamence. Then, any of them could be scum, and I don't want to think about which direction that would bias the sample, I'd prefer you either read over some completed role madness games and look at -all- the roles, or take my judgment over a biased sample.
Yes, probably. I did skim through the roles in that upick you mentioned, and they all have some weird flavor to them, however they look nothing like what i know about this game. I do agree that mechanics themselves are not useful to form strong reads, but speculation about them might, in this particular setup.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Farkran »

@Kerset what do you think of pops and evenstar in this game?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 783, Farkran wrote:@Kerset what do you think of pops and evenstar in this game?
Actually let me elaborate first

- I already said that i think Evenstar is swingier than her usual self, and while i could buy town!her having an hard time with this game (lots of active and experienced people, etc), i think that the reads she's producing are not improving but rather deteriorating over time

- pops is always pristine in terms of analytical thought, but analysis produced does not seem solvy so far. This is a weaker thought.

I'd like your opinion on those two since you have also played with them
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:28 am

Post by Evenstar »

In post 771, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 743, Evenstar wrote:How I Actually Sort:
Legible Town | Legible Scum
Illegible Town | Illegible Scum
What does legible vs illegible mean?
Legibility is "ability to read."
High legibility reads look like flip-flopping back and forth between "definitely scum" and "definitely town.
Low-legibility reads look like fencesitting on "maybe town maybe scum idk."
Having a read move diagonally is a scumtell, because confidence and percieved alignment don't usually shift at the same time.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:39 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Would you say Venus and Mars counts as Illegible Scum?
time will end
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

Kerset has never played with me before
"Well, I..."
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 784, Farkran wrote:
In post 783, Farkran wrote:@Kerset what do you think of pops and evenstar in this game?
Actually let me elaborate first

- I already said that i think Evenstar is swingier than her usual self, and while i could buy town!her having an hard time with this game (lots of active and experienced people, etc), i think that the reads she's producing are not improving but rather deteriorating over time

- pops is always pristine in terms of analytical thought, but analysis produced does not seem solvy so far. This is a weaker thought.

I'd like your opinion on those two since you have also played with them
I haven't played with pops. In terms of solviness, she makes very deep analysis. I am not sure whenever she is trying to get information from someone for herself or expose information about someone to others. I don't see her concern about any of those related to town common agreements. Maybe she is not catching up.

I think that i said this, it seems to me that Eva is rather more open about her current state of mind and it makes her look that way. People might have some uncertain thoughts, which they simply don't reveal. Some people didn't say about me anything so you can't see that they are alternating read about me.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by Farkran »

I think i had you mixed up with skitter, sorry. You two have a similar player profile, talk a bit alike, also both participated in my first game here,

Still wanting kerset opinion though

Pedit: and here it is
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 785, Evenstar wrote:
In post 771, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 743, Evenstar wrote:How I Actually Sort:
Legible Town | Legible Scum
Illegible Town | Illegible Scum
What does legible vs illegible mean?
Legibility is "ability to read."
High legibility reads look like flip-flopping back and forth between "definitely scum" and "definitely town.
Low-legibility reads look like fencesitting on "maybe town maybe scum idk."
Having a read move diagonally is a scumtell, because confidence and percieved alignment don't usually shift at the same time.
What slots have you proficently analyzed with this method?

More precisely, did anyone fall guilty to such scumtell? Who? Where? How does this reflect in your readlist?

I want to understand what's going on in your head because i'd much rather try to work with you than against you - however i can't say i've been able to do it so far
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by Severa »

All of Kerset's posting feels like the kind of things scum are more likely to post than town.
Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by Severa »

Oh dear they were scummy in their other town games on site. I might reevaluate this read.
Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Severa »

Nvm just the cop game and I kinda get the impression they were doing it deliberately.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 696, Farkran wrote:
In post 473, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 264, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 244, Farkran wrote:I think only the magia part of salamence claim is bs

The rest is true
Why would I lie about 1 part
Tbh this question is fair, also this the second time Farkran has had a response like this to a claim
Like it feels like Farkran is posting scum PT thoughts in the main thread by trying to rate the claims’ legitamacy
Ok - i tried to drop the issue, but this seems to be surfacing every time and i think it's not town-motivated here.

Please explain to me the scum intent in trying to DOUBT a rolecop fullclaim from salamence
in a game where i literally saw people taking bs at face value and believing it
. I can only see two possibilities:

1) Salamence is dumb and actually claimed his role -> he's getting nked and me adding wifom is going to help against that
2) Salamence is smart, has a very shitty ability and tries to attract nk -> scum!me would shut the hell up and kill elsewhere because i can control the nk and i don't care about his bs

Depending on what scum thinks they could choose either way, but i see no scum motivation in me trying to doubt that fullclaim. As i said, it's not like he would answer me, given that i didn't even TRY to pressure him about the claim.

VOTE: gamma emerald

It seems you're trying to justify a push on me with excuses.
I mean there’s no inherent scum intent there
But why are you CERTAIN everything else is true? THAT reads like you are trying to rate the claim, more than calling the 1 part BS.

And like “trying to drop it” yeah idk where this happened
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Farkran »

I literally said i was not certain about it, and that i would be dropping the issue
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Farkran »

and
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Farkran »

So... you claimed to have a
strong
read on me, but now you just admitted there was no inherent scum intent in my words. Misreading/misrepping me also doesn't sound like a solid basis for a strong read.

I think my vote could have been actually well placed this time.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 792, Severa wrote:Oh dear they were scummy in their other town games on site. I might reevaluate this read.
Cmon you haven't seen me playing as a scum, don't jump on conclusions. I feel unfair to be not scumreaded bc of this.
Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by Severa »

In post 798, Kerset wrote:
In post 792, Severa wrote:Oh dear they were scummy in their other town games on site. I might reevaluate this read.
Cmon you haven't seen me playing as a scum, don't jump on conclusions. I feel unfair to be not scumreaded bc of this.
If it helps, I'm still scumreading you now that I read your second town game which is like night and day from what you're doing here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”