Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick (OVER!)

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Kerset »

Thanks
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

if meta is the only reason to SR kerset... I'm gonna have to maintain my null on Kerset
time will end
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 697, Farkran wrote:
In post 607, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 570, Farkran wrote:Gamma's list and reasoning make sense, but i do have a question

Why would i try to appraise you and salamence in the day thread? It's not like you're going to answer that. Also, if anything, i have been consistent in 1. (slightly) townlean blast disc pickers; 2. declaring what i believed and what i didn't believe from all slots making a claim.

I can see your point about me and suji distancing, that may validate your vote on me. Could you expand on TL though? You mentioned weird interactions between me and him. Do you see that as distancing too, or is there anything else?
My best guess to why you’d appraise us here (versus the scum PT, which I assume you are implying) is you just threw those up in instant reaction to the posts. If you would like to point out your other reactions to claims that would be nice, that way I could see if the pattern continues

As for TL interactions, yeah those kinda look like distancing too but my thinking about the connection between you and TL is “they may or may not be scum together, I see nothing in favor of either possibility”. While with Suji there’s the stuff I mentioned.
I think i have already reacted to every claim so far, stating whether i believe/don't believe them and how i read them in terms of alignment. Feel free to ask me if i missed any.

So, i get that you are scumreading both me and TL, but you are only scumreading TL based on your assumption that i am scum, correct?
I am not scumreading him just because I SR you, I seem to have forgotten to write this out but I also think you both could be scum individually

Btw gonna prolly be off for the next 4 hours, gonna be watching movies
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Evenstar »

In post 790, Farkran wrote:
In post 785, Evenstar wrote:
In post 771, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 743, Evenstar wrote:How I Actually Sort:
Legible Town | Legible Scum
Illegible Town | Illegible Scum
What does legible vs illegible mean?
Legibility is "ability to read."
High legibility reads look like flip-flopping back and forth between "definitely scum" and "definitely town.
Low-legibility reads look like fencesitting on "maybe town maybe scum idk."
Having a read move diagonally is a scumtell, because confidence and percieved alignment don't usually shift at the same time.
What slots have you proficently analyzed with this method?

More precisely, did anyone fall guilty to such scumtell? Who? Where? How does this reflect in your readlist?

I want to understand what's going on in your head because i'd much rather try to work with you than against you - however i can't say i've been able to do it so far
This is new, actually, I haven't formalized it like this before.

What I
will
do, though, is quote myself in magical girls mafia:
Magical Mafia Evenstar wrote: I'm going to be blunt: Saying "I think this person is scum" or "I think this person is town" is more about the social aspect of the game to me than the solving part of the game. It's easy to say, and there are always reasons to scum or town read anyone. Interacting with information is easy and it's not a problem for most people to make up fake, consistent reads.

What it's not easy to do is generate information. And scum have to do that. They have to falsify continually. This is why I care more about the reasons for a read than the read itself; reads, to me, are just announcements of "I think this guy is on my team." Towny -> "My ally", Scummy -> "My enemy."

This may be an insane way of playing the game to some, but frankly there's no such thing as a universal scumtell/towntell. All I can do is force the wolves to keep producing content. Eventually, that's going to lead to someone fucking up.

… except of course that's not the complete picture. Because the other half of it is mirroring, empathy, understanding.
You can see me just starting to edge towards the concept of "legibility" here, but as I was under pressure and had already gone on for like three paragraphs aboit the weird way I read games and my attempts to systematize it, I didn't want to keep yammering. Feel free to ask more questions if you want?
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Evenstar »

My reads here say the following:
Kerset
and
Pops
have generated signifocant information that took real analysis.
Everybody above null at least looks like they're contributing to the solving effort.
Everyone below is either illegible or a low contributor.
Severa
has a burden of proficiency, so simply "looking like he's solving" isn't good enough for him to climb much hogher than null.
TL
, while he's... Hmmm. TL could totes be pulling a refuge in aufacity. Maybe I should move him down.

@Severa, how do you know TL's not just incompetent? I'm having difficulty finding wolf motive beyond "spread chaos" in his current postings.
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Evenstar »

In post 791, Severa wrote:All of Kerset's posting feels like the kind of things scum are more likely to post than town.
Anything you can directly point out here, or is this more of a general impression?
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

well at least I'm succeeding in causing confusion...

the scum shall not win, lest this timeline die...
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

anyway, Even seems to not want to TR Severa because useless buzzword, so I don't trust Even's reads...
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

also voting pops is a scumclaim right now
time will end
Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by Severa »

I mean, Kerset's ISO is entirely devoid of anything that feels meaningful or gamesolvey and filled with useless posts and weird progressions.
Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by Severa »

Kerset scumread to me is more of a function of the things that are missing from his posting as opposed to what is actually there.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 806, TemporalLich wrote:well at least I'm succeeding in causing confusion...

For a minute there I thought you were saying you were deliberately trying to cause confusion.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 811, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 806, TemporalLich wrote:well at least I'm succeeding in causing confusion...

For a minute there I thought you were saying you were deliberately trying to cause confusion.
I wasn't trying to but I accept the result that happened...

Might not be towny, but I feel like I can't townside this game...

The townies all have really good analysis and solves... and I have next to nothing...
time will end
Severa
Severa
Mafia Scum
Severa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by Severa »

In post 804, Evenstar wrote:@Severa, how do you know TL's not just incompetent? I'm having difficulty finding wolf motive beyond "spread chaos" in his current postings.
I have seriously considered him being a jester many times this game. I'm not all that sure what alignment he is, admittedly.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Hi I said Id get to this tonight but Im now depressed cause my fantasy team lose by 1.3 :(

Honestly though, am busy so wont be able to dedicate time tonight, been loosely following along but Shiro Drew should be voted now, TL hasnt been paying attention cause he forgot that I was the one who claimed, pops is... confusing, where the fuck is chemist, and dont hold me to this but Im pretty sure my scumlist from before hasnt changed other than possibly adding pops. Shiro Drew and TL still need rope right now imo
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

If you have any questions directed to me ask me and Ill answer if I can
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Post by Evenstar »

In post 810, Severa wrote:Kerset scumread to me is more of a function of the things that are missing from his posting as opposed to what is actually there.
On reflection, I agree with this.

VOTE: Kerset
Evenstar
Evenstar
Goon
Evenstar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Evenstar »

Severa is starting to actually edge into the "town" category, btw. I have no idea how she's managing to do it, but I like it.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

MITAMA'S SPECIAL TRAINING
VOTECOUNT 1.4

Kerset
(3P, 8V): (3), (2), (3)
Farkran
(2P, 6V): (4), (2)
TemporalLich
(1P, 4V): (4)
Evenstar
(1P, 3V): (3)
Severa
Gamma Emerald
popsofctown
(1P, 2V): , (2)

Not Voting (3P, 8V)
: (3), (3), Venus and Mars(2)

With a total of 37 votes, it's 19 to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-12-07 23:00:00)
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:40 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 458, Bitmap wrote:VOTE: Venus and Mars
Boooo

A disclaimer here, Nancy is sick a D I was extremely busy yesterday then had a to fulfil my gm duties for my group leading to my inactivity. I am reading up as I write this.
~Venus
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:46 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

Btw, long overdue but

Salamance, how u been it has been ages. I was excited to see u in the player list.

~Venus
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by Kerset »

So what am i missing?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:21 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 592, Kerset wrote:
In post 578, Severa wrote:townreading

Severa
Bitmap
Sujimichi
Alchemist21
Gamma emerald maybe
That's almost my scumread list. Could you remove bitmap?
In post 721, Kerset wrote:
Town

Bitmap
Salamen
Evenstar
Farkran
Gamma
Pops
Chemist
V&M
Suji
TL
Alchemist
Severa
Scum
Kerset, can you explain your progression on Gamma? Was she part of your scumreads or not at the time of the first quote? What happened in-between for her to make it up to above half of your readlist? I only see a lengthy exchange with Alchemist (which i think was NAI on the side of bad), some content about evenstar (which made sense but again, mostly NAI), a very weak and weird push against me (which is really bad given the reasoning provided).
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 803, Evenstar wrote:
This is new, actually, I haven't formalized it like this before.

What I
will
do, though, is quote myself in magical girls mafia:
Magical Mafia Evenstar wrote: I'm going to be blunt: Saying "I think this person is scum" or "I think this person is town" is more about the social aspect of the game to me than the solving part of the game. It's easy to say, and there are always reasons to scum or town read anyone. Interacting with information is easy and it's not a problem for most people to make up fake, consistent reads.

What it's not easy to do is generate information. And scum have to do that. They have to falsify continually. This is why I care more about the reasons for a read than the read itself; reads, to me, are just announcements of "I think this guy is on my team." Towny -> "My ally", Scummy -> "My enemy."

This may be an insane way of playing the game to some, but frankly there's no such thing as a universal scumtell/towntell. All I can do is force the wolves to keep producing content. Eventually, that's going to lead to someone fucking up.

… except of course that's not the complete picture. Because the other half of it is mirroring, empathy, understanding.
You can see me just starting to edge towards the concept of "legibility" here, but as I was under pressure and had already gone on for like three paragraphs aboit the weird way I read games and my attempts to systematize it, I didn't want to keep yammering. Feel free to ask more questions if you want?
I understand the theory behind the process, my question was more aimed at the results you're collecting from it. My problem with you in this game is that you seem to be too swingy - i.e. you voted half of the player list by now, and i didn't see any plausible conclusions about any of your targets so far. Your readlist are, by your admission and by evidence, pretty much bs at this point (i.e. you voted kerset shortly after this post of yours). I know you for your smart "tricks" to harm scum, and analyzing your early votes has never been a proficient way to measure your thoughts. Usually, after a while, this process produces valid reads, but i don't see any coming from you in this game. I am having trouble in determining where you are sincere and where you are reaction testing/pressuring people.

TL;DR i'd like to hear what are your
solid
reads by now, if you have any.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:37 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 815, Salamence20 wrote:If you have any questions directed to me ask me and Ill answer if I can
So, from my understanding of your your scumlist is {TL, Alchemist, pops, farkran}? I'm not sure if i'm still in there, perhaps more of a nullscum?

What strikes you as scum from pops?

Can you provide your thoughts about gamma?

Also about Evenstar?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”